PDA

View Full Version : Spurs about to go 63-19!

Dbrog
04-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Spurs are about to lock down a 63-19 season which is fcking insane when you think about the big 3 (AND Kawhi) ALL playing under 30mpg this season. Pop = one of GOAT coaches! :bowdown:

Don't get me wrong though. They will probably lose in 2nd or 3rd round :P

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Half of those losses came to the Rockets/Thunder.

Of course they will lose in the 2nd round.

russwest0
04-16-2014, 07:14 PM
When teams in the playoffs face a team that swept them in the regular season, their records are 4-51. Four wins and 51 losses. If San Antonio wants to make the Finals they will have to beat both Houston, and OKC (barring a first or second round upset for either team) who have both swept them this season.

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:15 PM
We aren't losing to the inexperienced Rockets. Slow down there, guy.

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes you are, sport.

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Yes you are, sport.

Dbrog
I agree that the Spurs would beat the Rockets. Dwight will be singled and oldman Duncan usually is about equal to him anyway. Harden will give the Spurs fits but ultimately I just think Houston will get worn down by the system and the defensive rotations. They don't really have mental toughness...

With the Thunder though...Spurs gotta just pray basically. I just don't see a way for them to win that.

doinitbig06
When teams in the playoffs face a team that swept them in the regular season, their records are 4-51. Four wins and 51 losses. If San Antonio wants to make the Finals they will have to beat both Houston, and OKC (barring a first or second round upset for either team) who have both swept them this season.

This.

Is a POWERFUL stat.

SpecialQue
04-16-2014, 07:18 PM

And if the Grizzlies stay at the 8 spot, they're going to have one fvcked-up road to the finals. Not that the Grizzlies are going to beat them, but they're definitely going to tire the shit out of them.

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:20 PM

I got a list of posters trying to avatar bet me, sport. So convince me, why you?

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:22 PM
I got a list of posters trying to avatar bet me, sport. So convince me, why you?

Damn, I was gonna use sport next... champ.

Shit I didn't realize you were so high of a priority on the avatar bet wire. You want me to write an essay or something? :oldlol:

Dbrog
04-16-2014, 07:23 PM
And if the Grizzlies stay at the 8 spot, they're going to have one fvcked-up road to the finals. Not that the Grizzlies are going to beat them, but they're definitely going to tire the shit out of them.

Well...and it's a bit of a catch22 IMO cause Grizz would beat them down but lose, and Dallas wouldn't be physical but has a chance of winning.

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Damn, I was gonna use sport next... champ.

Shit I didn't realize you were so high of a priority on the avatar bet wire. You want me to write an essay or something? :oldlol:

It's a start, sport. Convince me.

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:25 PM
:whatever: A simple no would suffice.

I'm just letting you guys know right here that the Spurs will not fold to the Rockets. Now OKC is another story...

SpecialQue
04-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Well...and it's a bit of a catch22 IMO cause Grizz would beat them down but lose, and Dallas wouldn't be physical but has a chance of winning.

Jesus Christ, the playoffs can't start soon enough. I can't wait to watch these battles. :bowdown:

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:29 PM
:whatever: A simple no would suffice.

I'm just letting you guys know right here that the Spurs will not fold to the Rockets. Now OKC is another story...

Cool story, tell it again. This time add the part where the spurs go 0-8 against Houston and OKC.

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Cool story, tell it again. This time add the part where the spurs go 0-8 against Houston and OKC.

I've already said all I need to say about OKC on the matter...

But when it comes to Houston fact is Spurs started playing their best ball in March, and when they played the Rockets from that point on the first time Leonard/Green/Splitter were all injured, second time around Leonard/Green/Splitter/Mills were out. Take it however you want to, but missing starters obviously means something in this league. :lol

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:38 PM
I've already said all I need to say about OKC on the matter...

But when it comes to Houston fact is Spurs started playing their best ball in March, and when they played the Rockets from that point on the first time Leonard/Green/Splitter were all injured, second time around Leonard/Green/Splitter/Mills were out. Take it however you want to, but missing starters obviously means something in this league. :lol

cool excuses. tell them again.

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:43 PM
cool excuses. tell them again.

So what exactly, other than the 0-4 mark, is your reasoning behind the Rockets taking this series? You don't seem to be dropping any basketball in-tell whatsoever. Just throwing out guesses based on the regular season :lol . Let's hear it, oh wise one.

Dbrog
04-16-2014, 07:44 PM
I still can't help but wonder what would have happened if the Spurs gave Splitter's contract to Al Jeff in the offseason. Top5 dumb moves by the Spurs in the past 20 years IMO. Who knows though, maybe Al didn't want to play in San Antonio for whatever reason.

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
So what exactly, other than the 0-4 mark, is your reasoning behind the Rockets taking this series? You don't seem to be dropping any basketball in-tell whatsoever. Just throwing out guesses based on the regular season :lol . Let's hear it, oh wise one.

tl;dr

0-8

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:50 PM
tl;dr

0-8

Way to separate yourself from the pack of unintelligent douchebags on this forum. Won't take an avatar bet, or even explain reasoning for your predictions. You're opinions are so credible. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Way to separate yourself from the pack of unintelligent douchebags on this forum. Won't take an avatar bet, or even explain reasoning for your predictions. You're opinions are so credible. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

*your

You didn't convince me, sport. :confusedshrug: Want to try again.

TMT
04-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Not my fault if you're a huge pvssy. :confusedshrug:

YouGotServed
04-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Not a pvssy, I'm merciful. Everyone wants to avy bet me and I feel everyone should get a fair chance to come at the YGS.

YGS the merciful. :applause:

PizzamanIRL
04-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Shut the **** up you two little faggits

Dro
04-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Wow, I never knew this stat...So this means Miami is losing to Brooklyn right?:rockon:

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Not a pvssy, I'm merciful. Everyone wants to avy bet me and I feel everyone should get a fair chance to come at the YGS.

YGS the merciful. :applause:

Nah, you're a huge puhssay

Dbrog
04-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Wow, I never knew this stat...So this means Miami is losing to Brooklyn right?:rockon:

hahaha :bowdown:

Ethem
04-16-2014, 10:44 PM
In the 3rd loss to the Rockets, the Spurs had 3 starters hurt (Splitter, Green, and Leonard). In the fourth game, the Spurs had the best record in the league locked up already, so they didn't care about winning (and they rested half their team).

So 2 of the 4 losses can obviously be disregarded as meaningless since the Spurs had so many people not playing. You're left with two measley regular season wins. Games that weren't a blowout. And this is the main reason Rocket fans think their inexperienced, poorly coached team will run over the top seed in the playoffs. Call me unimpressed.

Now the Thunder on the other hand, this is the matchup that worries me.

YouGotServed
04-17-2014, 02:45 AM
In the 3rd loss to the Rockets, the Spurs had 3 starters hurt (Splitter, Green, and Leonard). In the fourth game, the Spurs had the best record in the league locked up already, so they didn't care about winning (and they rested half their team).

So 2 of the 4 losses can obviously be disregarded as meaningless since the Spurs had so many people not playing. You're left with two measley regular season wins. Games that weren't a blowout. And this is the main reason Rocket fans think their inexperienced, poorly coached team will run over the top seed in the playoffs. Call me unimpressed.

Now the Thunder on the other hand, this is the matchup that worries me.

Cool story bro. Tell it again.

0-8

sportjames23
04-17-2014, 03:29 AM
Shut the **** up you two little faggits

:lol