PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler: "I definitely don't want to waste another season"

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Better GTFO NY then :oldlol:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24528951/knicks-tyson-chandler-doesnt-want-to-waste-another-season

christian1923
04-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Then that nigggga needs to play a lot better.

JohnFreeman
04-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Well if he played better defense, NY might go somewhere

IncarceratedBob
04-16-2014, 08:11 PM
His defense was shit this year, not Al Jefferson bad but close

chocolatethunder
04-16-2014, 08:11 PM
He's had about three really good years as a pro. Dudes been playing for a while and still has no offensive game to speak of.

aboss4real24
04-16-2014, 08:12 PM
i dont want to waste another season looking at tyson get torched every game

Le Shaqtus
04-16-2014, 08:12 PM
No point in playing well when your team is going nowhere.

christian1923
04-16-2014, 08:14 PM
No point in playing well when your team is going nowhere.
Well he sure has a big mouth for a guy who didn't contribute much

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Where does he get off saying that after playing shitty these last two seasons :roll:

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Well he sure has a big mouth for a guy who didn't contribute much

He's the type of C that will give you great defense but badly needs a PG to run the other end. I mean, imagine DeAndre Jordan on the Knicks or Chandler playing with CP3 again.

Akrazotile
04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
It's kind of funny how Knick fans are doing for Melo what Kobe stans used to do for Kobe, i.e. blaming everyone around him when the team struggles, and of course giving him all the credit when the team succeeds.

Chandler has started for a championship squad, Melo has one of the worst playoff track records in history.

But of course the dumb majority just latch on to whoever takes the most shots as their "star hero" and blame all the other 14 guys and the coach when the team struggles. But when they win it was all the star's doing.

Akrazotile
04-16-2014, 08:19 PM
He's the type of C that will give you great defense but badly needs a PG to run the other end. I mean, imagine DeAndre Jordan on the Knicks or Chandler playing with CP3 again.

What exactly has Carmelo ever achieved without a HOF-level poing guard?

If it weren't for Billups and Kidd he'd literally not have a single playoff win in his career.

christian1923
04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
It's kind of funny how Knick fans are doing for Melo what Kobe stans used to do for Kobe, i.e. blaming everyone around him when the team struggles, and of course giving him all the credit when the team succeeds.

Chandler has started for a championship squad, Melo has one of the worst playoff track records in history.

But of course the dumb majority just latch on to whoever takes the most shots as their "star hero" and blame all the other 14 guys and the coach when the team struggles. But when they win it was all the star's doing.
Well that's because anybody who watched the Knicks would tell you melo was awesome this year and everyone else but hardaway was shitty for most of the season. And what does chandlers title and Melos postseason record have to do with a terrible season for the team? Lol

Trentknicks
04-16-2014, 08:21 PM

Well when Melo's 2nd in PPG scoring 2.1 higher than his career average and getting the most rebounds of his career he's probably doing something right. . .

I know you just come in here obsessed with the Knicks and devote a ridiculous amount of time hating on them, but if you actually WATCHED the games this year you'd notice that Melo has been the only consistent player for them and that Chandler's hardly contributed a thing in the last 1.5 seasons.

RoseCity07
04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Please come to Portland. I'd love that. Dude could be a defensive anchor.

Trentknicks
04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
What would you give for him, we won't ask for much. Maybe a pick and expirings?

STATUTORY
04-16-2014, 08:34 PM
:facepalm what a malcontent, this guy acting like he wasn't part of the problem here in NYC. it's like he wasn't even part of the team or something but an external consultant, an attache.

it's a shame this guy maintains the veneer of championship respectability when he hasn't played up to his contract one bit

the only good stretch of his time with the knicks was when he was dunking the ball regularly during linsanity. guy is a farce

RoseCity07
04-16-2014, 08:35 PM
What would you give for him, we won't ask for much. Maybe a pick and expirings?

I'd do it.

Lopez isn't enough. He's good but Tyson Chandler is a much better defender. One on one and rim protection. It's being wasted in New York.

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 08:37 PM

Another example of a poster placing judgment on a team that he clearly doesn't watch :applause:

aboss4real24
04-16-2014, 08:38 PM
I'd do it.

Lopez isn't enough. He's good but Tyson Chandler is a much better defender. One on one and rim protection. It's being wasted in New York.

He is a terrible rim protector now

do u watch games?

And lopez is even more garbage

He can stay on that 1 n dun team in portland

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 08:39 PM
I'd do it.

Didn't see a lot of Lopez last year so can't comment, but Lopez was definitely a better interior defender this year.

ZoPunde
04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
this guy deserves to be on a winning team, he protected them rim from wade and bran that helped win the mavs a chip :rockon:

Trentknicks
04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
I'd do it.

I'd do Lopez, a pick and fillers for him.

Hell I'd probably get Chandler off the books for a freakin box of pringles.

Akrazotile
04-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Well when Melo's 2nd in PPG scoring 2.1 higher than his career average and getting the most rebounds of his career he's probably doing something right. . .

I know you just come in here obsessed with the Knicks and devote a ridiculous amount of time hating on them, but if you actually WATCHED the games this year you'd notice that Melo has been the only consistent player for them and that Chandler's hardly contributed a thing in the last 1.5 seasons.

Umm, they MISSED the playoffs completely, in the East. Literally finished behind the Bobcats, Raptors, Wizards, and Hawks.

But I'm supposed to believe Carmelo had a "great" season because he scored a lot of points?

No defense, no playmaking, no leadership, but oh, look! He padded his rebound stats by missing more shots from beneath the basket than any player in the league and getting his own rebounds and putting them in!

You are what's called a HOMER. Any other player in this circumstance you would be judging much more harshly. You are blindly delusional about Carmelo because he plays "for your team." How old are you, 15??

Bandito
04-16-2014, 09:09 PM
The Knicks need a pg. Tyson and Melo need a pg who can make plays on the court. That's why the Knicks suck, they haven't had once since Billups.

Bandito
04-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Umm, they MISSED the playoffs completely, in the East. Literally finished behind the Bobcats, Raptors, Wizards, and Hawks.

But I'm supposed to believe Carmelo had a "great" season because he scored a lot of points?

No defense, no playmaking, no leadership, but oh, look! He padded his rebound stats by missing more shots from beneath the basket than any player in the league and getting his own rebounds and putting them in!

You are what's called a HOMER. Any other player in this circumstance you would be judging much more harshly. You are blindly delusional about Carmelo because he plays "for your team." How old are you, 15??
:biggums:

Clutch
04-16-2014, 09:14 PM
You can have him. Guy has been sick,injured or torched/outplayed by opposing center in every playoff series as a Knick.