PDA

View Full Version : K. Thompson on why nobody likes B. Griffin

Rocketswin2013
04-16-2014, 08:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10792687/klay-thompson-golden-state-warriors-likens-blake-griffin-bull-china-shop

On Wednesday, Warriors guard Klay Thompson called Clippers forward Blake Griffin out for flopping and playing "kind of out of control sometimes."

"He is a good guy off the court but he probably just ... I mean ... plays pretty physical and flops a little bit," Thompson told The Wheelhouse on 95.7 The Game radio in San Francisco.

"He flairs his arm around so you know you might catch a random elbow or something that doesn't you know rub off too well on guys," Thompson said. "He's kind of like a bull in a china shop, kind of out of control sometimes. And then you do just see him flop sometimes like how can a guy that big and strong flop that much.

"I can see how that gets under people's skin and be frustrating to play against."

:confusedshrug:

Fudge
04-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Everything he said is true. Props to Klay.

KyrieTheFuture
No warriors player should complain about being soft

AnaheimLakers24
the nba needs a huge fight to happrn

IncarceratedBob
04-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Klay is dat nikka

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 08:16 PM

:coleman:

Fudge
04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Golden State's one of the toughest teams in the league, outside of probably Steph. :wtf:

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 08:19 PM

How can you be "soft" but be one of the best defenses in the West? :facepalm

This same question applies to the Clippers this year. They didn't play like a "soft" team this year.

JohnFreeman
04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Bogut shits on Griffin

KyrieTheFuture
How can you be "soft" but be one of the best defenses in the West? :facepalm

This same question applies to the Clippers this year. They didn't play like a "soft" team this year.
I didn't say they played bad defense I said they were soft. Totally unrelated things. Except Bogut that's a softy team and even he's kinda soft. Their coach is the champion of soft.

When has blake ever hit someone with an elbow? Serious question, maybe it's happened but not that I've seen

Heavincent

The **** are you talking about? How is Golden State soft?

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Golden State's one of the toughest teams in the league, outside of probably Steph. :wtf:

It's always funny to let posters reveal for themselves how little basketball they watch in relevance to their particular "analysis" :oldlol:

STATUTORY
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/blake-griffin-kia.gif

it's cause of his smug/deadpan demeanor. dude's the bill murray of NBA

oarabbus
I've never seen Griffin really throw an elbow though

He doesn't throw elbows like Malone did but he gets too hyphy and hits guys. His technical (which shouldn't have been a tech, tbh) yesterday on Mozgov is a good example of what Klay is talking about.

Was BG malicious in his intent? No. Was he way too hyphy? yeah

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 08:22 PM
It's always funny to let posters reveal for themselves how little basketball they watch in relevance to their particular "analysis" :oldlol:

Yeah Bogut, Draymond Green, and Jermaine O'Neal don't bring any toughness :biggums:

:facepalm

edit: misunderstood what you were saying, nvm

jzek
I don't like Griffin because his face is so punchable. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Heavincent
I didn't say they played bad defense I said they were soft. Totally unrelated things. Except Bogut that's a softy team and even he's kinda soft. Their coach is the champion of soft.

Elaborate please. I get the feeling you're talking out of your ass.

Heavincent
04-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah Bogut, Draymond Green, and Jermaine O'Neal don't bring any toughness :biggums:

:facepalm

Don't forget Iggy.

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Elaborate please. I get the feeling you're talking out of your ass.
Probably. I just think Curry and David Lee are the softest men in the league. Not the biggest fan of Klay either but hey who cares. I'm butthurt he's talking trash about Blake.

BlackVVaves

When has blake ever hit someone with an elbow? Serious question, maybe it's happened but not that I've seen

Again, how can you be a soft team while being a top defensive team?

"Soft" teams don't play top 10 defense. That kind of defense relies on a lot factors, including tough interior defense.

Shits an oxymoron. Curry might be soft. Klay might be soft.

The Warriors as a team however is not soft.

Marlo_Stanfield
I don't like Griffin because his face is so punchable. :mad: :mad: :mad:
hes an albino black guy AND a ginger... holy shit:coleman:

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 08:25 PM
hes an albino black guy AND a ginger... holy shit:coleman:

Watch him be secretly 1/4 Jewish too :lol

BlackVVaves
04-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Probably. I just think Curry and David Lee are the softest men in the league. Not the biggest fan of Klay either but hey who cares. I'm butthurt he's talking trash about Blake.

So talking out your ass and trying to support it with baseless facts is acceptable now? :biggums:

Boy you got exposed quick :lol

ABG
04-16-2014, 08:26 PM
lol even lite brite ****** dont like other lite brites.

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Again, how can you be a soft team while being a top defensive team?

"Soft" teams don't play top 10 defense. That kind of defense relies on a lot factors, including tough interior defense.

Shits an oxymoron. Curry might be soft. Klay might be soft.

The Warriors as a team however is not soft.
I guess my only example that's not flimsier than used toilet paper is DMC. I would not call him soft nor a great defender, granted he's improved but certainly not a defensive stopper. My problem is I tie injuries in with softness which I suppose isn't really fair.

Edit: Really wasn't expecting people to get so upset over an off hand comment

Heavincent
04-16-2014, 08:28 PM

Lee isn't soft. He's an elite rebounder at the PF position and has no problems taking contact.

Akrazotile
I've never seen Griffin really throw an elbow though

He doesn't.

The real reason people hate Griffin is because the moment he came into this league he was a star, and he became a star by dunking on guys which is associated with being humiliated.

THAT is the only reason people resent Griffin. 3/4 of the league flops. Tons of guys play physical. Most guys are c0cky and talk trash.

Players resent Griffin because he's young and his calling card is dunking on dudes, and he gets a ton of media attention for it. They all wanna be the one to knock him off that pedestal. That's all it is.

JohnFreeman
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/GRIFFIN.gif

Thechosen1
04-16-2014, 08:30 PM
why should blake griffin give a **** about being liked by people he doesnt know exist?

KyrieTheFuture
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
why should blake griffin give a **** about being liked by people he doesnt know exist?
I'm pretty sure blake knows the rest of the NBA exists

RoseCity07
04-16-2014, 08:33 PM
If there is anything to fear about playing the Clippers, is that your key guards and bigs will foul out because of the flop calls Griffin and Paul get. You aren't allowed to guard them. So you either let them score or you lose when your team fouls out.

It works on most teams. It won't work against the Spurs.

aboss4real24
Klay thomp is a trash player on a trash team

who carers wat he thinks

JohnFreeman
Would love to see Duncan v Griffin match up

Fudge
04-16-2014, 08:34 PM
He doesn't.

The real reason people hate Griffin is because the moment he came into this league he was a star, and he became a star by dunking on guys which is associated with being humiliated.

THAT is the only reason people resent Griffin. 3/4 of the league flops. Tons of guys play physical. Most guys are c0cky and talk trash.

Players resent Griffin because he's young and his calling card is dunking on dudes, and he gets a ton of media attention for it. They all wanna be the one to knock him off that pedestal. That's all it is.
:lol

The_Yearning
04-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Light skin nikkas hating on other light skin nikkas

Bobcats2013
04-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Yes you're butthurt. Lee has no reputation of being soft and Curry is that little $h*t in the group ready to throw hands whenever one of his boys gets into some problems.

Besides being light skinned and handsome, nothing about GS is soft.

QuebecBaller
04-16-2014, 09:33 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1685701/stopflopping_animated_medium.gif

http://www.thefumble.com/sites/captainwag.com/files/10_0.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2014, 09:38 PM
How exactly is Golden State soft? Because they shoot a bunch of 3s?

TonyMontana
04-16-2014, 09:39 PM
He doesn't.

No it's not you ****.

It's because Griffins only approach is banging around and trying to be physical(he has very little actual skill) and then when your physical back he flops. It's a PUSSI move. if you've ever played the game you'd realize this.

DoodleDa
04-16-2014, 09:47 PM
He doesn't.

You do realize none of the hate came up before he started flopping, right? Everyone was hyped on his rookie year until he progressively started flopping more and more. Have you ever touched a basketball in your life? Anyone who has played competitive basketball knows that if someone consistently flops, you're going to go out of your way to knock his ass on the ground. No one thinks he's on any type of pedestal besides you.

You have it completely wrong. He flops. THAT is the only reason why people hate him. Maybe that and his abysmal post moves and free throw shooting, which he has improved on tremendously as of late.

grantz
04-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Haters keep on hating. Clips are going to sh!* on gsw in the playoffs. :lol

Blake is probably top 5 right now too he don't give a f*** about a softer lighter skinned klay lol

JimmyMcAdocious
04-16-2014, 11:12 PM
People don't like Blake because he's a ginger.

Al Thornton
04-16-2014, 11:12 PM
lol he is almost never out of control and i don't believe he has ever gotten a flop warning

33teeth
04-16-2014, 11:29 PM
When I saw the ESPN story that "Thompson" said such and such I had to click the link to figure out who they were talking about. See where I'm going with this?

oarabbus
04-16-2014, 11:30 PM
When I saw the ESPN story that "Thompson" said such and such I had to click the link to figure out who they were talking about. See where I'm going with this?

Retard alert.

sportjames23
04-17-2014, 12:24 AM
He doesn't throw elbows like Malone did but he gets too hyphy and hits guys. His technical (which shouldn't have been a tech, tbh) yesterday on Mozgov is a good example of what Klay is talking about.

Was BG malicious in his intent? No. Was he way too hyphy? yeah

I know this dude is from Oaktown. :D

gts
04-17-2014, 12:31 AM
When I saw the ESPN story that "Thompson" said such and such I had to click the link to figure out who they were talking about. See where I'm going with this? Not a clue, explain yourself

33teeth
04-17-2014, 12:50 AM
Retard alert.

People who aren't warriors fans don't have this d-bag on their minds. :biggums:

33teeth
04-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Not a clue

Obviously.

bdreason
04-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Warriors soft? Bytch please.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/bdreason/stopflopping_animated_medium_zps1e8362d9.gif (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/bdreason/media/stopflopping_animated_medium_zps1e8362d9.gif.html)

oarabbus
04-17-2014, 03:17 AM
I know this dude is from Oaktown. :D

I go up to Oakland damn near every weekend to kick it with my college homies... (guess where I'll be this Sunday) listened to Andre Nickatina and Mac Dre back in the day too... actually from the South Bay though. :cheers:

People who aren't warriors fans don't have this d-bag on their minds. :biggums:

You... should know who Klay Thompson is. I could probably name the starting lineup (and DEFINITELY recognize the name) of every playoff team for sure. Maybe that's just me, but I don't think so.

Even if you can't do that, Klay is far from a scrub... he's close to a top 5 SG this year.

beastmode
04-17-2014, 04:29 AM
Yes you're butthurt. Lee has no reputation of being soft and Curry is that little $h*t in the group ready to throw hands whenever one of his boys gets into some problems.

Besides being light skinned and handsome, nothing about GS is soft.

Avy bet on the series? Pm me if u're down

Fiasco
04-17-2014, 04:52 AM
Blake hardly flops. This narrative is so old. It's as tired as criticizing Blake for only being able to dunk.

senelcoolidge
04-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Blake hardly flops. This narrative is so old. It's as tired as criticizing Blake for only being able to dunk.

So true. It's like haters don't have anything to say so they just go back to old news from two years ago. It looks silly.

ralph_i_el
04-17-2014, 09:49 AM
BG is a famous pretty boy, plus the best way to D him up is to be really physical and not give him space to use as a launch pad. If that's not the recipe for tons of fights idk what is.

Players come at BG EVERY GAME. They know it's an effective strategy to slow him down. I wouldn't back down if I was him either.

Westbrook0
04-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Just to add some actual context to the conversation here, I played against Blake multiple times in high school and therefore can attest to what it's like playing against him firsthand.

When Blake was a freshman and sophomore in high school, he was only about 6'4 or 6'5, and probably weighed, I don't know, 190 or 200 pounds at the most. The thing was, he played like a damn psycho/mad man. Every time down the court, and I'm talking *every* time, he would run the opposite side of the court, point his finger in the air asking for a lob, and jump up and grab or hang on the rim just to look cool, even if his teammate didn't throw him the ball. He would come crashing in for rebounds and putbacks he had absolutely no chance at, usually getting over the back calls or sometimes knocking his own teammates out of the way/over.

He would get hurt a lot because of his style of play. Sometimes he would jump really high for no reason in particular and come down on top of someone else, or he would run the fast break too aggressively and going flying into the wall behind the bucket and smack his face really hard. It wasn't like, Russell Westbrook type of hard play. It was more like, guy that wants to show off his athletic ability on every play and doesn't realize there are nine other people in his way, type of way.

He was an idiot for playing like that, even back then. But during his junior year he grew another 4-5 inches and put on probably 40 pounds. He still played the exact same way, but now it was this 6-10 250-pound ball of pain just bowling everyone over with reckless abandon. He didn't care if it was his teammates or an opponent, he would run over people and pretend like they weren't even there. It drove our coach, and every coach that coached against him, absolutely insane. He should have fouled out every game, but didn't always. Even his own teammates used to get mad when he would smash into them and send both of them flying to the ground when they weren't even close to the play.

What Klay said is pretty accurate. The reason people hate Blake is because he has absolutely no idea of his surroundings, and his smug attitude does nothing to prove otherwise. Sometimes he isn't even making a basketball move, he's just moving and thrashing and jumping wildly for the sake of moving around, and it can get people hurt. It drives people insane. Usually you end up pulling for guys you know growing up, but every time I see his face on a Subway or Gamefly commercial, I too just want to take an ice pick to that face.

ralph_i_el
04-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Just to add some actual context to the conversation here, I played against Blake multiple times in high school and therefore can attest to what it's like playing against him firsthand.

When Blake was a freshman and sophomore in high school, he was only about 6'4 or 6'5, and probably weighed, I don't know, 190 or 200 pounds at the most. The thing was, he played like a damn psycho/mad man. Every time down the court, and I'm talking *every* time, he would run the opposite side of the court, point his finger in the air asking for a lob, and jump up and grab or hang on the rim just to look cool, even if his teammate didn't throw him the ball. He would come crashing in for rebounds and putbacks he had absolutely no chance at, usually getting over the back calls or sometimes knocking his own teammates out of the way/over.

He would get hurt a lot because of his style of play. Sometimes he would jump really high for no reason in particular and come down on top of someone else, or he would run the fast break too aggressively and going flying into the wall behind the bucket and smack his face really hard. It wasn't like, Russell Westbrook type of hard play. It was more like, guy that wants to show off his athletic ability on every play and doesn't realize there are nine other people in his way, type of way.

He was an idiot for playing like that, even back then. But during his junior year he grew another 4-5 inches and put on probably 40 pounds. He still played the exact same way, but now it was this 6-10 250-pound ball of pain just bowling everyone over with reckless abandon. He didn't care if it was his teammates or an opponent, he would run over people and pretend like they weren't even there. It drove our coach, and every coach that coached against him, absolutely insane. He should have fouled out every game, but didn't always. Even his own teammates used to get mad when he would smash into them and send both of them flying to the ground when they weren't even close to the play.

What Klay said is pretty accurate. The reason people hate Blake is because he has absolutely no idea of his surroundings, and his smug attitude does nothing to prove otherwise. Sometimes he isn't even making a basketball move, he's just moving and thrashing and jumping wildly for the sake of moving around, and it can get people hurt. It drives people insane. Usually you end up pulling for guys you know growing up, but every time I see his face on a Subway or Gamefly commercial, I too just want to take an ice pick to that face.

:roll: nice

KyrieTheFuture
04-17-2014, 10:41 AM

I don't think Blake played against 12 year olds like you when he was in high school

Westbrook0
04-17-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't think Blake played against 12 year olds like you when he was in high school

http://s29.postimg.org/98q6yxziv/20768_339947312089_7833700_n.jpg

KyrieTheFuture
04-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Mmmk. Thanks bud. I'm 25 now and played serious AAU ball growing up, both with and against guys that are in the league now.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

33teeth
04-17-2014, 09:28 PM
You... should know who Klay Thompson is. I could probably name the starting lineup (and DEFINITELY recognize the name) of every playoff team for sure. Maybe that's just me, but I don't think so.

Sure. I didn't say I didn't know who he is. My point is that he's not a household name and Griffin is. I literally saw the headline and couldn't figure out which Thompson they might mean. Dude is young and unproven. People who aren't Warriors fans do NOT have him on their minds.

Darius
04-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Obviously Blake is doing sh:t to piss people off every game. I'm sure he is that annoying guy at the gym who plays way too physical. Thing is, unlike the guy at the gym, he is 6'10 270 and strong as fvck.

The idea of him being out of control is ridiculous though. He is one of the most skilled and graceful players for his size.