PDA

View Full Version : Series Thread: Brooklyn versus Raptors!

brwnman
04-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Brooklyn wins series 4-3!

http://vipgif.com/uploads/gif/gif/1780/munn-98c97b4d-092f-4ac4-8e56-ed85b76120d4.gif

KEY STATS (REGULAR SEASON)

Points Per Game (PPG)
Raptors - 99.99 (15th)
Nets - 97.5 (21st)

Assists Per Game (APG)
Raptors - 20.9 (21st)
Nets - 20.7 (25th)

Rebounds Per Game (RPG)
Raptors - 41.9 (19th)
Nets - 37.8 (29th)

Field Goal Percentage (FG%)
Raptors - 44.5% (21st)
Nets - 45.9% (12th)

Free Throw Percentage (FT%)
Raptors - 78.2% (5th)
Nets - 75.3% (19th)

Three Point Percentage (3PT%)
Raptors - 37.2% (8th)
Nets - 36.9% (11th)

Opponent's Field Goal Percentage (OPP FG%)
Raptors - 45% (9th)
Nets - 45.8% (19th)

Series Schedule
Game 1: BKN - 94 TOR - 87 (1-0 BKN)
Game 2: BKN - 95 TOR - 100 (1-1 Tied)
Game 3: TOR - 98 BKN - 102 (2-1 BKN)
Game 4: TOR - 87 BKN - 79 (2-2 Tied)
Game 5: BKN - 113 TOR - 115 (3-2 TOR)
Game 6: TOR - 83 BKN - 97 (3-3 Tied)
Game 7: BKN - 104 TOR - 103 (4-3 BKN wins series)

Head-to-Head (Regular Season)
Tied 2-2

#WeTheNorth
#NorthernUprising

Legends66NBA7
04-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Just stick this in the playoff thread.

And this would be the 2nd time we faced the Nets, not the 3rd. We faced them in 2007 as the New Jersey Nets.

Toronto's playoff matchups in their history:

2000 New York Knicks
2001 New York Knicks
2001 Philadelphia 76ers
2002 Detroit Pistons
2007 New Jersey Nets
2008 Orlando Magic

brwnman
04-16-2014, 11:29 PM
woops! forgot it was against Howard in 08. Thought that we faced Carter twice in 2 years.

I like having specific series thread instead of a singular thread for playoffs. Hopefully, we have some participation in this forum, but I'm guessing most will stick to the NBA forum.

Legends66NBA7
04-16-2014, 11:32 PM
woops! forgot it was against Howard in 08. Thought that we faced Carter twice in 2 years.

I like having specific series thread instead of a singular thread for playoffs. Hopefully, we have some participation in this forum, but I'm guessing most will stick to the NBA forum.

Know what ? It's all good.

I guess we can have separate threads. This could be our game 1 thread vs the Nets. By the way, this thread is a lot more relevant now:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330095

brwnman
04-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Know what ? It's all good.

I guess we can have separate threads. This could be our game 1 thread vs the Nets. By the way, this thread is a lot more relevant now:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330095

Yes, thought about it the other day. Toronto needs to play the same defense that they were in the middle stretch of the season. Not going to be an easy series. I think the Raptors can take the Nets, but objectively I'm predicting Nets in 6. I think Nets will steal 1 of 2 at ACC early and win the rest at home.

I'll continue adding to the thread periodically over the next couple of days.

Legends66NBA7
04-16-2014, 11:59 PM
brwnman, Game 2 will be on Tuesday, 8pm.

Game 3 on Friday 7pm and Game 4 for Sunday 7pm.

Legends66NBA7
04-17-2014, 12:04 AM
ESPN,NBA TV,ESPN2, TNT for the American broad casts.

And Game 1 will be on... TSN 2.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Man, **** our coverage.

Killbot
04-17-2014, 01:08 AM
ESPN,NBA TV,ESPN2, TNT for the American broad casts.

And Game 1 will be on... TSN 2.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Man, **** our coverage.

Just to let you know, I can take in your picks.

kmart
04-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Yes, thought about it the other day. Toronto needs to play the same defense that they were in the middle stretch of the season. Not going to be an easy series. I think the Raptors can take the Nets, but objectively I'm predicting Nets in 6. I think Nets will steal 1 of 2 at ACC early and win the rest at home.

I'll continue adding to the thread periodically over the next couple of days.

I'll go opposite of you and say Raps in 6. I just think with the way that Val finished off the season Brooklyn will have troubles matching up because they are the 2nd worst rebounding team in the NBA.

While experience is important I think that last years Lakers proved that old players are a disaster come playoff. I'll take our young legs over the older players on the other side.

We also have the best player in Lowry, who can win us a game. As of right now Lowry > Deron Williams.

Zan Tabak
04-17-2014, 05:37 AM
To be honest, this is the first round matchup I didn't want. The Nets have a lot of Playoff experience. The Raps will be tested for sure.

Himan12
04-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Take down the most hyped team in the east. The north is coming.

Jballer
04-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Wow.. I finally have a hard time making a bet or prediction. Very unlike me spouting off I know.

Nets in 7 - Raps in 7 ??

As much as this is pretty obvious to some of you I think we will know by game 2 how this will play out.

Bottom line.

Nets will play a lot of small ball with Livingstone on the floor because of his defensive efficiency. They will not try to match up verses Val and Amir.

Joe Johnson has shot 43.3% FG% averaging 33 minutes last 5 games

Paul Pierce has shot 48% FG% averaging 24 minutes last 5 games played.

So by the end of game 2 :

If JJ and PP are shooting > 40% and averaging 30 minutes + the Nets win in 5or 6 games.

If Dwayne can motivate Derozan/Ross/Amir to rotate well on those two players and keep their FG% < 40% and run enough to limit the veterns effectiveness (up tempo game please !) then Raps in 7.

Klow cant rotate because he has man coverage on Deron.

Legends66NBA7
04-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Raptors, to no surprise, will be the underdogs:

ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/matchup/_/teams/nets-raptors

http://i57.tinypic.com/11kxl6c.jpg

Although, it's quiet split for the most part. This is the only series that was close to a 50/50 split by the "experts".

ESPN is the first one out with their predictions.

bluerap
04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Nice,

Glad to see some experts calling raps in 5 or 6.

I think it all has to do with the result of the first game. Whoever wins game 1 will win the series.

If raps win game 1 then Raps in 6, If Brooklyn wins game 1 then Nets in 6.

Grey Dawn
04-17-2014, 05:04 PM
The Brooklyn Tankers!

brwnman
04-17-2014, 07:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/D8QdFgM.png

brwnman
04-17-2014, 07:24 PM
brwnman, Game 2 will be on Tuesday, 8pm.

Game 3 on Friday 7pm and Game 4 for Sunday 7pm.

thank you!

bluerap
04-17-2014, 07:59 PM
The only reason I'd prefer playing Washington over Brooklyn is the refs.

I actually think the Wizards have a better roster. They have a lot of crafty veterans plus some great energetic youth.

gigantes
04-17-2014, 09:00 PM
responding to a post made in our (the nets) forums:

Good luck to your team, Net fans.
thanks, mate. good luck to you guys as well. may the better team win and hopefully knock off the heat!

wasn't too long ago that there was a bitter fan rivalry between the nets and raps over the vince carter affair. only five years+, but it seems like a million years ago at this point.

brwnman
04-19-2014, 06:17 PM
man, went to game 1. Atmosphere was insane. The clock issue was kind of frustration and so was watching Chuck Hayes start the 4th and play 6 minutes. Reffing was a joke all game long, star calls all the way.

T-Low
04-19-2014, 08:23 PM
man, went to game 1. Atmosphere was insane. The clock issue was kind of frustration and so was watching Chuck Hayes start the 4th and play 6 minutes. Reffing was a joke all game long, star calls all the way.

That Deron Williams flop with Lowry before halftime made me cringe. Showing how the refs are going to be calling this series.

But I don't think that the Toronto Sun helped the matter any with the front page. Like, I love the intensity going in with it all but we don't need to fuel the fire with Brooklyn having lots of vets on their team.

brwnman
04-19-2014, 09:02 PM
That Deron Williams flop with Lowry before halftime made me cringe. Showing how the refs are going to be calling this series.

But I don't think that the Toronto Sun helped the matter any with the front page. Like, I love the intensity going in with it all but we don't need to fuel the fire with Brooklyn having lots of vets on their team.

that was a BS call, and then the replay was shown. Everyone lost it. Just a poorly reffed game through and through. When I saw the refs heading into the game, it was understood (the JV block on KG was a momentum killer).

Also, I think Casey made some very questionable decisions. Playing Hayes on Blatche for 6 minutes in the 4th (Hayes struggles with length)? T Ross needed more PT; the only dilemma with that was that it would have to be at the expense of Derozan. Vasquez and Lowry were playing too well, and Derozan was the one that couldn't hedge properly on the guard to guard screen and roll.

And while this has been apparent all year long, but it costs us games. Give JV the ball early and often. I understand he had 6 turnovers, but you have to feed him. It was working. No one on Brooklyn can guard him. He missed some easy shots, but that was after he came out of the game for a long time. The delay with the shot-clock didn't help either. Raptors have to do a better job of penetrating. Nets D picked up immensely in the second half, and the Raps could not get into the paint (this is where going down to JV will help). For the Raps to win, they need someone other than Lowry to penetrate and dish out. It was nice to see Patrick Patterson starting to get his legs under him and start hitting some shots, I think he's the X-factor for the Raps this series.

Himan12
04-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Need to get away from those iso like plays broken off the pick and roll. Go back to our offensive sets which were nice cuts, down screens and more movement in general.

BRabbiT
04-20-2014, 11:26 AM
tough loss.

i like the way the team responded to getting hit in the mouth.

they can obviously play better. hopefully they do.

kmart
04-20-2014, 04:16 PM
With Amir being almost useless yesterday I think that Casey goes and puts either Patterson or Salmons into the starting lineup to match the Nets. I felt Patterson did a much better job on Pierce and Salmons of course would match up better with Pierce too. Bring Amir off the bench and let him guard Teletovic.

bluerap
04-20-2014, 11:50 PM
With Amir being almost useless yesterday I think that Casey goes and puts either Patterson or Salmons into the starting lineup to match the Nets. I felt Patterson did a much better job on Pierce and Salmons of course would match up better with Pierce too. Bring Amir off the bench and let him guard Teletovic.

Oh hell no!

gigantes
04-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Need to get away from those iso like plays broken off the pick and roll. Go back to our offensive sets which were nice cuts, down screens and more movement in general.
i just learned that your team normally runs something called "horns." it sounds very potent, versatile and deceptive.

our film guy broke it down and suggested ways to beat it:
http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/4/17/5625406/playoff-scouting-report-what-the-nets-need-to-do-to-beat-the-raptors

anybody know if there

Legends66NBA7
04-21-2014, 01:30 AM
i just learned that your team normally runs something called "horns." it sounds very potent, versatile and deceptive.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/4/17/5625406/playoff-scouting-report-what-the-nets-need-to-do-to-beat-the-raptors

anybody know if there’s a toronto report on how to beat the nets?

Thanks for the link, gigantes.

Yes, horns is a very good offensive set. It's worked wonders for this team and has particularly thrived for both DeRozan and Ross. I don't think the Nets will continue to deny them throughout the series, but they did a very good job in game 1, which resulted in the Raptors falling back to late second isolation. Some of the players looked frustrated and playoff jitters doesn't help.

Not too sure if that I've come across a link on the Raptors game plan and scouting to beat the Nets, but I'll be on the look out. I'm hoping that we can win game 2 and 1 at the Nets home so we can at least extend this series to a best of 3. :D

Jballer
04-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Nets in 7 - Raps in 7 ??

As much as this is pretty obvious to some of you I think we will know by game 2 how this will play out.

Bottom line.

Nets will play a lot of small ball with Livingstone on the floor because of his defensive efficiency. They will not try to match up verses Val and Amir.

Joe Johnson has shot 43.3% FG% averaging 33 minutes last 5 games

Paul Pierce has shot 48% FG% averaging 24 minutes last 5 games played.

PP shot 6/13 - 46 % - in 36 minutes
JJ shot 8/14 - 57% - in 45 minutes

No matter what the Raps do offensively they have to run pick and rolls, up tempo at these guys on Defence. You cannot allow them to play 30 min + - have no foul troubles - and shoot 45% +

I mean they are vets and they will get their shots... but holding them to 40% is the only winning reciepe I can see.

bluerap
04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=gigantes]i just learned that your team normally runs something called "horns." it sounds very potent, versatile and deceptive.

anybody know if there

missionman
04-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Raptors can't let it be close in the 4th quarter. I have cut on vasquez for taking hero shots before, but i take that back, because he has definitely earned the right to take them. Derozen in my eyes has also developed his game and confidence for me to have faith in his as well. Lowry is the most clutch guy on the team in my eyes. These three guys have the balls to make and take hte big shots - but they just don't compare to Pierce, Johnson and Deron. This is where experience truly counts.

Greg Maddux used to say that when he got into high pressure situations he wouldn't try to throw harder the way most pitchers might - he focused harder on trying to locate his pitches better. I'm thinking that's the mentality of these veterans - they don't try to jump higher, drive harder etc. - they just zone in and relax.

Moreover, Pierce, Deron and Johnson have more complete offensive games than Derozen/Vasquez/Lowry/Ross. Lowry's at the peak of his game. Derozen's pretty good now having refined his 3 pt shooting and his post game to complement his mid-range game and ability to get to the basket and the foul line. Ross is weak inside the 3 pt line, and with all his explosiveness, he's got nothing going to the net with a defended in front of him. Vasquez is not athletic enough.

Compare that to Deron/Pierce/Johnson - these guys have true post games and can bully their defenders.

So what i am saying is that the Raptors need to get ahead and stay ahead because in a tight game, as Pierce showed, Raps will have a tough time matching clutch baskets.

Just curious - but let's say next year the Raptors keep this team mostly intact. Anyone else in favour of bringing back Vince? I like him as the guy to replace what Salmons does (which for many of you ISH'ers, you'll say is nothing). I just think it would be great to have yet another guy who has got a more complete offensive game, and who has the balls and ability to make key shots in crunch time.

Legends66NBA7
04-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Just curious - but let's say next year the Raptors keep this team mostly intact. Anyone else in favour of bringing back Vince? I like him as the guy to replace what Salmons does (which for many of you ISH'ers, you'll say is nothing). I just think it would be great to have yet another guy who has got a more complete offensive game, and who has the balls and ability to make key shots in crunch time.

I've actually read this a lot around here and other Raptor boards. I would take him over Salmons every time. I actually think he has enough left in the tank to be a good player coming off the bench. I think Vince's defense over the year has actually been decent too. His strength is still there. His durability has been remarkable since leaving Toronto. Played at an average about 78-79 games a season.

But I think more than anything if Vince comes back (he has said he wants to say in Dallas, though), it will be a legacy move firstly and then a basketball contributor to the Raptors secondly.

Himan12
04-21-2014, 06:05 PM

anybody know if there’s a toronto report on how to beat the nets?

Raptors have utilized screens so effectively this season, to get our shooters nice shots. Really surprised how effective casey and his staff have been in running our offense. Never knew they were called horns, guess it makes sense.

Not sure if there is a detailed breakdown of the nets offense out there, but brooklyn do have excellent iso scorers in pierce, williams and johnson. So I guess its not surprising they build their offense around that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032217-how-the-unconventional-brooklyn-nets-offense-works

Legends66NBA7
04-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Raptors have utilized screens so effectively this season, to get our shooters nice shots. Really surprised how effective casey and his staff have been in running our offense. Never knew they were called horns, guess it makes sense.

Not sure if there is a detailed breakdown of the nets offense out there, but brooklyn do have excellent iso scorers in pierce, williams and johnson. So I guess its not surprising they build their offense around that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032217-how-the-unconventional-brooklyn-nets-offense-works

I've watched B-Ball breakdown from Coach Nick and he's the one who first introduced me to the "Horns" play set.

I think the Raptors can bounce back, but they really need both DeRozan and Ross to get their shooting touch together. If Ross can hit some baseline 3's and DeMar mixes it up with his in between game, we should take game 2. Lowry and Val should be fine, although Val's DUI court date is tomorrow as well.

brwnman
04-21-2014, 07:32 PM

I know Tim Leiweke and Masai Ujiri have been angling towards bringing him back, but I wouldn't be able to support the Raptors if they did. Would be absolutely shameful. I get the forgive and forget, but there are consequences to giving up on your team and asking for a trade. He shouldn't be brought back, and no way do I even think about retiring Carter's number in Toronto.

Himan12
04-21-2014, 08:39 PM
I've watched B-Ball breakdown from Coach Nick and he's the one who first introduced me to the "Horns" play set.

I think the Raptors can bounce back, but they really need both DeRozan and Ross to get their shooting touch together. If Ross can hit some baseline 3's and DeMar mixes it up with his in between game, we should take game 2. Lowry and Val should be fine, although Val's DUI court date is tomorrow as well.

Ross needs to stay on the floor no ticky tack fouls, derozan was as bad as he'll get in game 1. Also think val doesn't have to show up for that, his lawyer will be there to represent him.

Finger Roll
04-22-2014, 11:02 PM
1-1:banana:

Himan12
04-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Need to cut down on these turnovers. 21 tonight, other than that everything in game 2 I liked from them.

brwnman
04-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Keys to success (Game 3)
- Feed the post (JV/Amir against KG/Pierce = huge mismatch)
- Limit turnovers (19 the first game, 20 the second - will not win like this)
- More penetration & kick out to start the half (2nd straight game with a poor showing in the 3rd Q)
- Force turnovers (Nets only have 18 TOs in the series)
- Space the floor (2/16 from downtown in game 2)

Legends66NBA7
04-23-2014, 01:42 AM
Not going to lie, I was thinking about this during the game too... Fields might have to start for Ross. He has actually played better today than Ross did in the last 2 games.

I think after 2 games, the pressure has gotten to Ross. I don't think it gets any better for him on the road. If Fields starts, we get a true SF to guard Joe Johnson or Paul Pierce. Ross comes off the bench to give us scoring and defense against a weaker Brooklyn bench unit. I think Ross/Vasquez/Patterson bench rotation would work wonders for the offense.

The only thing that wouldn't really work is the spacing. With Ross out, that leave Lowry as our only true outside 3 point shooter. We'll see what happens, though.

SESSEL15
04-23-2014, 08:34 AM
What a great series thus far.

Fields guarding Johnson was a great move, and probably should have been done in game 1. He completely took Johnson out of the game. Johnson's in-the-lane floater has been really effective and Fields' length can negate that. Fields can probably irritate Livingston's game as well.

I can't wait for game 3!

missionman
04-23-2014, 09:38 AM
I didn't think that Fields should start, but i definitely thought he should get some burn after watching game 1.

Ross doesn't have a complentary game to deal with intense defense, if he's not draining 3's.

Was listening to Butch Carter on the Fan590. I think butch called it that Fields would be starting if he were the coach.

Butch is an 'interesting' guy - he has some real true gems of insight, but then half the time I'm thinking "wtf are you talking about?"

bluerap
04-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Not going to lie, I was thinking about this during the game too... Fields might have to start for Ross. He has actually played better today than Ross did in the last 2 games.

I think after 2 games, the pressure has gotten to Ross. I don't think it gets any better for him on the road. If Fields starts, we get a true SF to guard Joe Johnson or Paul Pierce. Ross comes off the bench to give us scoring and defense against a weaker Brooklyn bench unit. I think Ross/Vasquez/Patterson bench rotation would work wonders for the offense.

The only thing that wouldn't really work is the spacing. With Ross out, that leave Lowry as our only true outside 3 point shooter. We'll see what happens, though.

Good post. I agree that it makes sense on D but not on O. Personally I would stick with the same rotation as yesterday because it worked. A few of those shots that Ross missed will fall for him. I think he comes out better next game. If not you can always pull him a few mins in.

Jballer
04-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Good post. I agree that it makes sense on D but not on O. Personally I would stick with the same rotation as yesterday because it worked. A few of those shots that Ross missed will fall for him. I think he comes out better next game. If not you can always pull him a few mins in.

This is absolutely correct.

Ross can "go off" based on talent work ethic. I am absolutely certain that Casey has him on a very tight leash with defeinsive intensity; but if the stroke happens to go smooth for Ross - well a quote I read was "shooting the ball into the pacific ocean".

Play Ross situationally up the minutes when going good - down the minutes when not.

BRabbiT
04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
What a great series thus far....
I can't wait for game 3!

+1

brwnman
04-24-2014, 12:53 AM
I don't mess with the starting lineup. Ross helps space the floor and is a good defender. I don't think those floaters have necessarily been his fault. First game, he had no shot at getting it going with the 2 quick fouls, then a quick 3rd and a 4th fouls. Refs took him out of that one. I would agree that he forced the issue in game 2, and it could be just an inexperienced player trying to leave his mark, but we'll need him to win this series. I like the fact that of all things, Ross doesn't lack confidence. If anything, he was trying to do too much (slowing the game down comes with experience). I have no doubt that his shot will fall, just need time.

Legends66NBA7
04-25-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't mess with the starting lineup. Ross helps space the floor and is a good defender. I don't think those floaters have necessarily been his fault. First game, he had no shot at getting it going with the 2 quick fouls, then a quick 3rd and a 4th fouls. Refs took him out of that one. I would agree that he forced the issue in game 2, and it could be just an inexperienced player trying to leave his mark, but we'll need him to win this series. I like the fact that of all things, Ross doesn't lack confidence. If anything, he was trying to do too much (slowing the game down comes with experience). I have no doubt that his shot will fall, just need time.

After tonight's game, I think there has to be a switch. Either you bring out Amir or Ross and bring in Patterson or Fields... or even both. Ross is pale white right now. His body language is so disturbing. It's like he doesn't even want any part of the ball.

Patterson, despite his blown free throws, definitely gives us a more versatile option and 3 point threat. Raptors need offense badly, I think a bench player needs to be in the starting lineup with Lowry injured.

bluerap
04-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Brooklyn's defence was suffocating (been that way most of the series). They've completely eliminated the pick and roll (pick and pop with pat pat is still working) and the only guy that can penetrate is derozan.

brwnman
04-27-2014, 10:39 PM
!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR GAME 5! Home court is back with us!

Legends66NBA7
04-27-2014, 10:44 PM
I know I've said this since Game 2, but this is a must win. Can't go back to Brooklyn down 2-3. Hoping the fans can be a great X-Factor.

kwajo
04-28-2014, 08:09 AM
I know I've said this since Game 2, but this is a must win. Can't go back to Brooklyn down 2-3. Hoping the fans can be a great X-Factor.
Great success!

Himan12
04-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Huge game tomorrow. Hope the raptors can establish their dominance on the boards better than the last 2 games and keep containing Johnson. Nets gassed at the end there, we have them on the ropes just need to deliver the knock out punch.

brwnman
04-30-2014, 10:37 PM
what a game... don't think they would have recovered if BKN pulled this off. Raptors played Hayes in the 4th; cannot happen again.

up 5, no shot clock, Deron drives... no one needs to help, yet 3 guys come and it ends in a 4 pt play (inexplicable). You can blame Amir for the foul, but I blame everyone that helped on the drive, including Amir.

bluerap
05-01-2014, 09:02 AM
what a game... don't think they would have recovered if BKN pulled this off. Raptors played Hayes in the 4th; cannot happen again.

up 5, no shot clock, Deron drives... no one needs to help, yet 3 guys come and it ends in a 4 pt play (inexplicable). You can blame Amir for the foul, but I blame everyone that helped on the drive, including Amir.

What about the coach that didn't explain that to his players.

Casey has been better this series, but still a lot of bad mistakes.

BRabbiT
05-01-2014, 10:38 AM
great win.

Lowry played terrific. He put the team on his back.

The NY writers are all over Deron Williams. Lowry is making him foolish:lol

brwnman
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
What about the coach that didn't explain that to his players.

Casey has been better this series, but still a lot of bad mistakes.

Absolutely. Casey plays a part in this as well. Watching Hayes in the 4th just makes me cringe (Hansbrough is a better option if it comes to that). JV should have played more. Also, the lull that Raptors go into after a big lead. It's happened repeatedly in the series.

As a coach, I think Casey has improved from where he was at the start of his tenure with the Raptors. I don't know if Raps implemented a different offensive coach to handle that side of the ball, but there was a noticeable different brand of basketball after Rudy Gay was traded.

Jballer
05-02-2014, 09:47 AM
As a coach, I think Casey has improved from where he was at the start of his tenure with the Raptors. I don't know if Raps implemented a different offensive coach to handle that side of the ball.... was a noticeable different brand of basketball after Rudy Gay was traded.

So two things really.

1) Casey is developing with this team and still has a curve I guess. Not sure what that means to his resigning but MU will make that call...

2) Coaching errors in this series should be considered in light of the fact that he is head to head with JKidd ! I am certain Kidd has a good basketball mind and all but the guy is a rookie coach and he too has made a number of noticable mistakes. If the Raptors make it to the next round... Casey will have to be better against an experienced opponent

A.M.G.
05-02-2014, 02:34 PM
So two things really.

1) Casey is developing with this team and still has a curve I guess. Not sure what that means to his resigning but MU will make that call...

2) Coaching errors in this series should be considered in light of the fact that he is head to head with JKidd ! I am certain Kidd has a good basketball mind and all but the guy is a rookie coach and he too has made a number of noticable mistakes. If the Raptors make it to the next round... Casey will have to be better against an experienced opponent
If the Raptors make it to the next round, they play the Heat. That is a matchup we lose 9 times out of 9.

brwnman
05-02-2014, 09:39 PM
First real lop-sided game of the series. Raptors came out flat and played like that for most of the game. Onto game 7! Can't have a let down boys, been a pretty amazing season.

Himan12
05-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Go to Val early and often cause they can't guard him. Try putting patterson on jj if he keeps bodying our smaller guards.

They are a small team do not let them out rebound or out hustle you. Its game 7. Doesn't get any bigger than this.

kaiteng
05-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Raptor fans might be able to blame on Don Valley Parkway. It forced Casey to do the Bonner, riding the Rocket to work. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bmy3S9ICQAArvcs.jpg

brwnman
05-04-2014, 04:32 PM
:cry:

BoogieWoogieMan
05-04-2014, 04:37 PM
After Alvin's big shot at the garden, these are the Raptors' results in win or die games:

Carter's clunker
Childs retardation
Calderon's giveaway
Lowry ending on his ass

:(

Himan12
05-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Interesting off season coming up. Retain patterson, lowry and vasquez. Let go of Casey.

Legends66NBA7
05-04-2014, 05:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm0QOXTIgAELkp1.jpg

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur

"If anyone's going to take that shot, I'll live and die with you taking that shot." - what DeMar told Kyle after the buzzer, per Kyle

kaiteng
05-04-2014, 06:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm0QOXTIgAELkp1.jpg

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur

"If anyone's going to take that shot, I'll live and die with you taking that shot." - what DeMar told Kyle after the buzzer, per Kyle
Is this a good or great sign?

Legends66NBA7
06-05-2014, 03:00 AM
And this is just a first round sample.

http://www.marketwired.com/Resources-New/MW-Reports-MagNet-2014-Report

Damn man, I really hope we can play this off season correctly. The Raptors have to build on this momentum.