:lol :confusedshrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1J8SOqAmnA

Warfan
04-17-2014, 11:37 AM
:biggums: holy sh!t

Rocketswin2013
04-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Dunno about best.

But him and MJ would have had some dogfights for the MVP in their peaks.

Would have loved to be able to watch that.

stephanieg
04-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Flop game recognizes flop game.

Rake2204
04-17-2014, 11:42 AM
I've heard LeBron catch flak when referencing how he'd perform in the 80's; folks saying he'd be crying and flopping all about. I beg to differ in this hypothetical regard. I believe James flops today because the game allows it, to an extent. He's doing what he can get away with and what will benefit himself and his team. I do not care for that aspect of his game, but I also do not believe flopping has a direct correlation to one's toughness. Instead, I believe it just affects one's appearance of toughness.

If James were magically transported back to the 1980's, I have zero doubts he'd adjust his game accordingly, and many, many aspects would be in his favor. Once he realized flopping didn't work well (though Laimbeer himself partook in flopping from time to time), James would buckle up and deliver some hurt of his own because, as referenced, he's a freaking tank/freight train/whatever metaphor we want to use for a giant, fast, incredibly skilled basketball player.

Of all the current guys ever talked about how they'd fair in other eras, I'd have the least worry about James.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Probably isn't a definite answer.. :oldlol:

Anyway I've been saying he'll go down as a top 3-5 player when its all said and done. There was nobody like him far as his athleticism goes...

HoopsFanNumero1
04-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Of course he'd be one of the top players in any era. Jordan mythologists have been carrying on with their propaganda for decades that no one from this era could compete in his era. Watch them try and twist Bill's words from this video as well.

madmax17
04-17-2014, 11:52 AM
He's kissing ass in that video, said Lebron is the toughest mentally as well :biggums:

inclinerator
04-17-2014, 11:54 AM
:applause:

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
I've heard LeBron catch flak when referencing how he'd perform in the 80's; folks saying he'd be crying and flopping all about. I beg to differ in this hypothetical regard. I believe James flops today because the game allows it, to an extent. He's doing what he can get away with and what will benefit himself and his team. I do not care for that aspect of his game, but I also do not believe flopping has a direct correlation to one's toughness. Instead, I believe it just affects one's appearance of toughness.

If James were magically transported back to the 1980's, I have zero doubts he'd adjust his game accordingly, and many, many aspects would be in his favor. Once he realized flopping didn't work well (though Laimbeer himself partook in flopping from time to time), James would buckle up and deliver some hurt of his own because, as referenced, he's a freaking tank/freight train/whatever metaphor we want to use for a giant, fast, incredibly skilled basketball player.

Of all the current guys ever talked about how they'd fair in other eras, I'd have the least worry about James.
I agree. I think modern day players playing in the 80s would adjust to that game. If he were growing up in the 80s, he would be playing a much more physical game and would be used to it. Same w/ Kobe/Durant but LeBron has that extra muscle to take those hits.

Trollsmasher
04-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Laimbeer completly shattering Jordan mythologists who use him in every single argument aimed at LeBron's supposed lack of toughness:lol

Nikola_
04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
you rarely hear someone bringing lebrons great post up game, goat shooting, all time great defense. it s always 6 8 260. why? because 6 8 260.

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2014, 11:59 AM
you rarely hear someone bringing lebrons great post up game, goat shooting, all time great defense. it s always 6 8 260. why? because 6 8 260.
Becuase his post game, though improved compared to the past, is not his best skilset. His size/speed/strength and ability to finish at the rim is what has won him 2 FMVPs.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-17-2014, 12:01 PM
LeBron isnt even a flopper. he tries it very rarely and when he does he looks so stupid at it that he never gets the call. most of the time hes fouled without calls, especially when he converts a layup.
Lebron in an era without real zone defense and with handchecking??
might as well shut down the league:coleman:

Marchesk
04-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Anyway I've been saying he'll go down as a top 3-5 player when its all said and done. There was nobody like him far as his athleticism goes...

James may very well go down as top 5 all-time. But it's not true that there has been nobody like him athletically. How were Jordan or Dr J less athletic? If you mean because of size, then there's Shawn Kemp, David Robinson, Hakeem, young Shaq and most of all, Wilt.

Rake2204
04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
James may very well go down as top 5 all-time. But it's not true that there has been nobody like him athletically. How were Jordan or Dr J less athletic? If you mean because of size, then there's Shawn Kemp, David Robinson, Hakeem, young Shaq and most of all, Wilt.I think he's pretty unique athletically because while he may or may not be similar in athleticism to MJ and Dr. J, and he's not as big on David, Shaq or Hakeem, he meshes both of those extremes just about as well as anyone we've seen. David Robinson wasn't handling and dishing with the savvy of a guard like LeBron, and Jordan and Erving did not have the mass and size of James. He's pretty unique.

rlsmooth775
04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
James may very well go down as top 5 all-time. But it's not true that there has been nobody like him athletically. How were Jordan or Dr J less athletic? If you mean because of size, then there's Shawn Kemp, David Robinson, Hakeem, young Shaq and most of all, Wilt.

None of those guys can match Lebron athletically especially when he was in his early to mid 20s

TheMan
04-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Of course he'd be one of the top players in any era. Jordan mythologists have been carrying on with their propaganda for decades that no one from this era could compete in his era. Watch them try and twist Bill's words from this video as well.
No one is saying that you idiot. LeBron and Durant would do fine in ANY era but it's a VERY WELL KNOWN FACT that Laimbeer really hates Jordan and never was a fan of either Bird or Magic. There certainly a possibility that there's an agenda behind that statement. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else I can tell ya...'cept it's obvious you weren't around back then.

Rake2204
04-17-2014, 12:20 PM
No one is saying that you idiot. LeBron and Durant would do fine in ANY era but it's a VERY WELL KNOWN FACT that Laimbeer really hates Jordan and never was a fan of either Bird or Magic. There certainly a possibility that there's an agenda behind that statement. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else I can tell ya...'cept it's obvious you weren't around back then.Knowing Bill Laimbeer, this clip about LeBron James actually sounded pretty sincere and agenda-free.

That said, again, as a big Pistons fan who's listened to Bill both during his playing days and as a color commentator, if anyone has hidden (or non-hidden) agendas while speaking, there's a good chance it's him. I mean, that was his game (pretending to convey one thing while doing another). He's big into psychological warfare on the court and purposeful misdirection off it.

TheMan
04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Knowing Bill Laimbeer, this clip about LeBron James actually sounded pretty sincere and agenda-free.

That said, again, as a big Pistons fan who's listened to Bill both during his playing days and as a color commentator, if anyone has hidden (or non-hidden) agendas while speaking, there's a good chance it's him. I mean, that was his game (pretending to convey one thing while doing another). He's big into psychological warfare on the court and purposeful misdirection off it.
As a Bulls fan that witnessed the wars between the late 80's and early 90s Bulls and Piston, I concur.

plowking
04-17-2014, 12:39 PM
He's kissing ass in that video, said Lebron is the toughest mentally as well :biggums:

In what way is Lebron not mentally tough?

I seriously want people to think about it, and answer back with something decent.
He is the most scrutinized athlete of all time, yet he delivers, wins, and puts up amazing stats in the most detailed, and highly published/analyzed era of sports ever.

We have Lebron being called a choker, and unsuccessful according to some after he makes 4 game winning shots in a row, and then happens to miss one. I think some people would be surprised at how cocky, arrogant, confident and stuck up Lebron would be in person, or before a game.

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 12:48 PM

game 6 celtics 2012

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 12:49 PM
No one is saying that you idiot. LeBron and Durant would do fine in ANY era but it's a VERY WELL KNOWN FACT that Laimbeer really hates Jordan and never was a fan of either Bird or Magic. There certainly a possibility that there's an agenda behind that statement. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else I can tell ya...'cept it's obvious you weren't around back then.

and you arent biased when it comes to Jordan? :oldlol:
Hypocrite.

sportjames23
04-17-2014, 12:52 PM
LeBron isnt even a flopper. he tries it very rarely and when he does he looks so stupid at it that he never gets the call. most of the time hes fouled without calls, especially when he converts a layup.
Lebron in an era without real zone defense and with handchecking??
might as well shut down the league:coleman:

Stahp. Your monkey ass cannot be cereal.

:coleman:

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Pippen, Barkley and now Bill :applause: :applause: :applause:

pegasus
04-17-2014, 12:56 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Rose'sACL
04-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Him and Salley stay being salty bitches. :oldlol:

Magic and Bird = MJ da bess

Laimbeer = Lebron would be top player

Now, whose opinion would you respect more?
It is funny that you call him salty when you are fan of the player who is still salty after winning 6. His HoF speech was clearly of a man who is very salty. Among players who have won rings, MJ is probably the most salty.

guy
04-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Not a surprise. The Bad Boys routinely downplay Jordan when they get the chance. Proves he's mentally tough year after year? So the last two years is "year after year?"

Rose'sACL
04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Not a surprise. The Bad Boys routinely downplay Jordan when they get the chance. Proves he's mentally tough year after year? So the last two years is "year after year?"
Didn't Jordan go 5-12 from free throw line in 8 point defeat in elimination game against pistons in 89?
I can see why they don't think much of him given that he used to bitch about pistons after every game against them till rule changes.

zoom17
04-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Hopefully the last part of what he said doesn't happen this year.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-17-2014, 01:15 PM
These Jordan apostles are looking for any excuse they can find to discredit Bill :lol

TheMan
04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
It is funny that you call him salty when you are fan of the player who is still salty after winning 6. His HoF speech was clearly of a man who is very salty. Among players who have won rings, MJ is probably the most salty.
Oscar Roberstson says hi...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Bron fans acting like they hit the lotto or something.. :oldlol: pathetic

sportjames23
04-17-2014, 01:33 PM
These Jordan apostles are looking for any excuse they can find to discredit Bill :lol

Who needs an excuse to light into Laimbeer?

LOL, dumbass. :coleman:

Rose'sACL
04-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Bron fans acting like they won the lotto or something.. :oldlol: Calm the f*ck down, its just somebodies opinion...
You are lucky that cavsftw is not a Bron stan because pretty much all of his posts and videos are based on opinions of a few players .

sportjames23
04-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Bron fans acting like they hit the lotto or something.. :oldlol: pathetic

Right?

"OOOH LAIMBEER SAID BRON DA GOAT!"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

HoopsFanNumero1
04-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Jordan stans having a meltdown :lol

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Bulls fans are so insecure. :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2014, 01:48 PM

I seriously want people to think about it, and answer back with something decent.
He is the most scrutinized athlete of all time, yet he delivers, wins, and puts up amazing stats in the most detailed, and highly published/analyzed era of sports ever.

We have Lebron being called a choker, and unsuccessful according to some after he makes 4 game winning shots in a row, and then happens to miss one. I think some people would be surprised at how cocky, arrogant, confident and stuck up Lebron would be in person, or before a game.
Great post. Notice nobody responded to it because there really is no retort.

20Four
04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
LMAO I spit my drink out reading this :roll: :roll: :roll:

atljonesbro
04-17-2014, 01:56 PM
:roll: :roll: :applause: :applause:

DonDadda59
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Great sign for LeBron/Heat haters everywhere. Last time when your favorite sidekick's favorite sidekick said something similar on the eve of the '11 finals, Bron proceeded to paint a choke artist masterpiece- the Mona Lisa of bed wetting.

I don't know about yall but I just can't see the GOAT getting outscored in the finals by a 3rd option midget who was coming off the bench :confusedshrug:

DJ Leon Smith
04-17-2014, 02:06 PM

You're 100 percent right! Damn Jordan mytholigists.

Hey remember in 1992, Jordan's second NBA Finals series, how he was outscored by Danny Ainge, the first guard off the bench for Portland? And how he lost that series against the Trailblazers. Exactly the same as LeBron in his second NBA Finals against Jason Terry and the Mavericks!

LOL Jordan mytholgists owned.

LEFT4DEAD
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Oh shit ! :lol

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2014, 02:19 PM
You're 100 percent right! Damn Jordan mytholigists.

Hey remember in 1992, Jordan's second NBA Finals series, how he was outscored by Danny Ainge, the first guard off the bench for Portland? And how he lost that series against the Trailblazers. Exactly the same as LeBron in his second NBA Finals against Jason Terry and the Mavericks!

LOL Jordan mytholgists owned.
:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

TheMan
04-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Ooh look, Bill Laimbeer, famous salty Jordan hater says Bran is da bess:rockon:

Meanwhile, Jerry West, architect of some of the GOAT teams say MJ was the greatest he has seen.

Mmmmmmm, who to believe? Bill Laimbeer or Jerry West:roll:

tmacattack33
04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Lebron is a physical beast in terms of muscle and strength, yet he can hardly use it because the league is less physical now than it ever has been.

So obviously if he played in the past when there was more contact allowed, he mighta been an even better player than he is today.

20Four
04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Lebron would get checked my rodman, the whole spurs bad boy team was a sick ass team :bowdown:

Mr Exlax
04-17-2014, 02:42 PM

Meanwhile, Jerry West, architect of some of the GOAT teams say MJ was the greatest he has seen.

You should believe both of them. They have different opinions. Neither one is right or wrong.

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Lebron would get checked my rodman, the whole spurs bad boy team was a sick ass team :bowdown:
WTF is this ***** high?

Marlo_Stanfield
04-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Jordan riders having a HUGE meltdown up in here:applause: :applause:

kamil
04-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Did he really say LeBron* is mentally tough? WTF???

riseagainst
04-17-2014, 02:52 PM

this. Right on the money.

Rocketswin2013
04-17-2014, 03:06 PM
When it's all said and done LeBron could be 2-7 range all-time.

Probably 4-8 though.

NumberSix
04-17-2014, 03:09 PM
I've decided that Laimbeer has the most valuable opinion of any player from his era. :rolleyes:

NumberSix
04-17-2014, 03:10 PM

How about having your own opinion?

TheMan
04-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Jordan riders having a HUGE meltdown up in here:applause: :applause:
http://www.mindskin.com/p/192/notworried.jpg

TheMan
04-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Okay

MJ > LBJ

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 03:13 PM
:applause: :applause:

CelticBaller
04-17-2014, 03:15 PM
LeBron would destroy a poor mans tony allen

DonDadda59
04-17-2014, 04:15 PM
LeBron would destroy a poor mans tony allen

http://oi51.tinypic.com/ny9vkl.jpg

riseagainst
04-17-2014, 04:47 PM

/dat ether

LongLiveTheKing
04-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Bron>>>>>>

Derka
04-17-2014, 07:00 PM
He may not be far off on that one. Lebron's got that unique combination of skill, athleticism and size that could dominate across eras. Would be interesting to see.

NumberSix
04-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Insert .gif of Deuxrant crying on his mummy's shoulder.

Megabox!
04-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Did he really say LeBron* is mentally tough? WTF???
You saying he's not?? He's probably one of the most scrutinized athletes in NBA, hell probably in all of sports. everything he says and does on and off the court is constantly used against him and he doesn't let any of that effect him. From the angry, screaming fans to the assholes on the internet like you saying things about him, you have to be pretty mentally tough to not let that effect you.

Ancient Legend
04-17-2014, 10:09 PM
You saying he's not?? He's probably one of the most scrutinized athletes in NBA, hell probably in all of sports. everything he says and does on and off the court is constantly used against him and he doesn't let any of that effect him. From the angry, screaming fans to the assholes on the internet like you saying things about him, you have to be pretty mentally tough to not let that effect you.

Stop making sense and using facts and logic, your effort is futile.

:rockon:

But really, most people think LeBron's toughness or lack off is derived from just taking the final shot.

TheMilkyBarKid
04-17-2014, 10:55 PM

This, not saying he would be better than mj, but if he could get away with a bit more like that elbow he gave which put hibbert on his ass he could be very dangerous

Calabis
04-17-2014, 11:09 PM
When did Lebron become 280lbs?:wtf:

BlackVVaves
04-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Bron hasn't showed me that he is a better player than MJ yet, let alone a better NBA career.

Bron's defense pales in comparison, especially after watching him this year. LeBron has never been as dominant as MJ was defensively. He's the better facilitator, and per his size and position a better rebounder, but MJ was clearly the more dominant scorer and defender.

Laimbeer just salty that MJ put a knife through their championship run. Because I don't see any clear cut evidence that suffices that perspective.

LeBron still has to expand his game to the kind of dominance that radiates offensively AND defensively simultaneously like Jordan did for me to consider him the superior player.

20Four
04-17-2014, 11:21 PM
http://i.minus.com/i7J8roSDHUwxE.gif

pauk
04-17-2014, 11:25 PM

Would really love to know who you think recently had & has to overcome a bigger mental load than Lebron and on top of that prevail it and then use it to translate that mental toughness to the result of the most successful outcome at the very end....

Really am curious....

Smoke117
04-17-2014, 11:29 PM
It's possible. I don't consider Jordan part of Laimbeer's era really either. They played a good chunk of time together, but Laimbeer is really more of the embodiment of the 80s where as I think of Jordan more in 90s terms. (considering he had done nothing but put up statistics in the 80s I think that is fair.) Laimbeer played till 94, but his time had past pretty much when the Bulls finally broke through in 91. So when I think of this I think of it in terms of Lebron vs Magic and Bird for the most part.

Blue&Orange
04-17-2014, 11:39 PM

Are you ****ing retarded? Ho about faking cramps in the frigging finals because he threw a air ball?

Seriously are you ****ing retarded? 2011?

oh the horror
04-17-2014, 11:58 PM
So Bill says it and it must be true. Other legends don't agree and they're just jealous and or "haters".

Okay.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-18-2014, 12:01 AM
So Bill says it and it must be true. Other legends don't agree and they're just jealous and or "haters".

Okay.

Is this a joke? Pretty much every Jordan apostle is going around saying Bill is "salty", and they do the the same shit for any player that complements players from this era.

Rocketswin2013
04-18-2014, 12:05 AM
The question is not whether a old player thinks LeBron is GOAT, but do LeBron fans even think he is? Other than an idiot like Marlo Stanfield, I don't think I've seen one LeBron fan say it.

But they argue all the little things like favorites and mental toughness :kobe:
What's the point?

Heavincent
04-18-2014, 12:09 AM
LeBron isnt even a flopper.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18p4oblhv9c83gif/ku-xlarge.gif

http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bronflopflop.gif

http://i.imgur.com/VtC5H.gif

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/51aaa8c46bb3f7ca5a00000b/lebron-pacers-flop.gif

http://i.minus.com/iIxbCw5csbu1p.gif

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f19eab8ea0803000000/lebron-james-flop-knicks-jr.gif

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/clutch/2012/06/James.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibeJsGhOIvqFdg.gif

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
LeBron fans do NOT want to play the quote game against Michael Jordan. Trust me.

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 12:13 AM
*When someone makes a quote about Lebron not being as great as other legends*
"What a smart guy, best knowledge in NBA history. Lebron can't play in another era"

*When someone says Lebron is better than MJ*
"What a delusional dumbass he clearly hated MJ. He's biased :cry: :cry:

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Are you ****ing retarded? Ho about faking cramps in the frigging finals because he threw a air ball?

:lol

I think Bron has proven himself now, but I bet he would even concede in a post-career biography that the pressure got to him pre-2012.

So the question isn't is LeBron mentally tough, it's how long was he averse to the spotlight?

Anyway, for me it's more about defense and domination scoring, and HOW Jordan got to his titles. How he pushed through the Pistons through self improvement and empowering his teammates, rather than jump ship and test the waters elsewhere.

Jordan has by far the greatest NBA legacy there is. Undefeated in the finals, two separate three-peats. Scoring titles for days, DPOY. MVPS. Best regular season ever for a team ever.

Bron got a ways to go Bron stans. Thought he would have made that jump defensively this year, but instead he sharply regressed, and KD came and out-performed him for the entirety of the season.

jimmy77x
04-18-2014, 12:15 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18p4oblhv9c83gif/ku-xlarge.gif

http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bronflopflop.gif

http://i.imgur.com/VtC5H.gif

Shameless, how anyone could be a fan of mental midget ph@ggot Lebeta is amazing.

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 12:19 AM
*When someone makes a quote about Lebron not being as great as other legends*
"What a smart guy, best knowledge in NBA history. Lebron can't play in another era"

*When someone says Lebron is better than MJ*
"What a delusional dumbass he clearly hated MJ. He's biased :cry: :cry:
Meh, LeBron fans brush off Kobe quotes all the time. It works both ways.

Rose'sACL
04-18-2014, 12:22 AM
Shameless, how anyone could be a fan of mental midget ph@ggot Lebeta is amazing.
How does flopping make you a mental midget? Going by your logic, setting an illegal screen makes you a mental midget too. Both are done to gain advantage for your team if ref doesn't catch it.

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Meh, LeBron fans brush off Kobe quotes all the time. It works both ways.
I'm talking about all fans in general.

Lebron23
04-18-2014, 12:25 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif

Heavincent
04-18-2014, 12:27 AM
How does flopping make you a mental midget? Going by your logic, setting an illegal screen makes you a mental midget too. Both are done to gain advantage for your team if ref doesn't catch it.

Flopping makes you look like a bitch. Period.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-18-2014, 12:32 AM

Was Kobe fined for this flop?

Heavincent
04-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Was Kobe fined for this flop?

Has Lebron ever been fined for one of his many flops?

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Has Lebron ever been fined for one of his many flops?
Yes against the Pacers last year along with West.

DaSeba5
04-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Agendas. Agendas everywhere.

Ex-player says it, so it's true.

Ex-player doesn't say Jordan is the best, so he is biased and salty.

LeBron is a flopper. Posts the same .gif in the exact order as if saved on computer.

LeBron is a choker. LOL mentally strong? 2011. 2011. Post a pic of Jason Terry. 2011. 2011. This guys sucks.

Weak era obviously.

Sums up the thread.

jstern
04-18-2014, 01:16 AM
LeBron fans do NOT want to play the quote game against Michael Jordan. Trust me.

I'm surprised most people don't instantly realize this.

The thing that I hate the most about the flopping era is that every legitimate fall is considered a flop by a large percentage of fans.

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 01:17 AM

LeBron is a flopper. Posts the same .gif in the exact order as if saved on computer.

LeBron is a choker. LOL mentally weak? 2011. 2011. Post a pic of Jason Terry. 2011. 2011. This guys sucks.

Weak era obviously.

Sums up the thread.
lol word

BrainDead
04-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Lebron is pretty good, but he won't get another ring this season. My man CP3 is taking it home baby.

plowking
04-18-2014, 01:30 AM

I'd say you're retarded if anything.

Look at LeBron's whole career. Look at his perception now among the common watcher. He is already viewed as a winner and one of the best ever.
His career is a success outside of what, 2 series'?

He alone, out of all the other hype stories, came to fruition as the next MJ. He may or may not be better in your opinion, but he is this generations MJ. He is the clear cut best player, setting new standards of play. With all the expectations and pressure, he managed to deliver. He is a 4 time MVP, and he is not even 30 yet.
But he isn't mentally strong? Lebron might be the most level headed player to ever play the game along with Larry and Michael in the modern era, and those two never got anywhere near the scrutiny Lebron did.
And I'm not sure you realize this, but going by your emo ass response to anything Lebron related, I'm sure you have Bird rated far higher than Bron as a player, and think of him as mentally tough, but you'd be shocked to know Bron has already achieved more than him in his career and he is only half way done. But yes, this guy is a failure and mentally fragile because he had a poor series against the Mavs.

Everyone fails. I hope you know that.

DaSeba5
04-18-2014, 01:42 AM
I'd say you're retarded if anything.

Look at LeBron's whole career. Look at his perception now among the common watcher. He is already viewed as a winner and one of the best ever.
His career is a success outside of what, 2 series'?

He alone, out of all the other hype stories, came to fruition as the next MJ. He may or may not be better in your opinion, but he is this generations MJ. He is the clear cut best player, setting new standards of play. With all the expectations and pressure, he managed to deliver. He is a 4 time MVP, and he is not even 30 yet.
But he isn't mentally strong? Lebron might be the most level headed player to ever play the game along with Larry and Michael in the modern era, and those two never got anywhere near the scrutiny Lebron did.
And I'm not sure you realize this, but going by your emo ass response to anything Lebron related, I'm sure you have Bird rated far higher than Bron as a player, and think of him as mentally tough, but you'd be shocked to know Bron has already achieved more than him in his career and he is only half way done. But yes, this guy is a failure and mentally fragile because he had a poor series against the Mavs.

Everyone fails. I hope you know that.

Spot on. It's truly not that hard to understand. There's no way they believe what they write here.

Horde of Temujin
04-18-2014, 01:42 AM

:roll:

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 01:44 AM

LeBron is a choker. LOL mentally strong? 2011. 2011. Post a pic of Jason Terry. 2011. 2011. This guys sucks.

Weak era obviously.

Sums up the thread.

What about some un-subjective opinions, like my post? Do you think Bron has elevated his game passed Jordan's?

RoseCity07
04-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Lebron is the truth and the answer.

BrainDead
04-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Lebron is the truth and the answer.
:biggums:

DaSeba5
04-18-2014, 01:53 AM
What about some un-subjective opinions, like my post? Do you think Bron has elevated his game passed Jordan's?

I'll give a short answer because it's late. No. I don't think LeBron will ever surpass Jordan, but who knows what will happen in the future? I think LeBron will be considered one of the GOATs, but not better than Jordan. We might not see a player better than Jordan in a long time if ever, but I do think there will be a player that will be better than him some day.

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 01:53 AM
I don't think most Heat fans consider LeBron > Jordan. Maybe if he gets 6 FMVPs when it's all said and done.

I think what most of us are taking from this thread is that the notion that LeBron wouldn't be able to hang in the 80s-90s is retarded, and even Bill Laimber thinks he would be one of the best, if not the best player.

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 02:01 AM
I'll give a short answer because it's late. No. I don't think LeBron will ever surpass Jordan, but who knows what will happen in the future? I think LeBron will be considered one of the GOATs, but not better than Jordan. We might not see a player better than Jordan in a long time if ever, but I do think there will be a player that will be better than him some day.

I agree with this wholeheartedly :cheers:

I don't think most Heat fans consider LeBron > Jordan. Maybe if he gets 6 FMVPs when it's all said and done.

I think what most of us are taking from this thread is that the notion that LeBron wouldn't be able to hang in the 80s-90s is retarded, and even Bill Laimber thinks he would be one of the best, if not the best player.

I think Bron would still be one of the best players in any era. I do wonder if the physicality of the 80s and 90s would bother him as he seems perturbed sometimes from the aggression of teams like the Bulls, but overall I think he would adapt effectively over the course of his career and still produce on a high level. He probably wouldn't have came out the gate dominating like he did, but after realizing he had to just manage with formidable defenses like the Pistons, he would assimilate once he had a few years under his belt.

I do think his FG% would be lower though. He would be forced to go to the line much more, as teams strategized to keep him for getting easy lay-ups and dunks. His rebounding numbers could possibly be lower too, as the bigs back then were much more adept at defensive rebounding.

So I guess for me, his statistics may have faltered a bit, but he would still be a generational talent thanks to his unnatural physique and IQ.

TheMan
04-18-2014, 04:16 AM

There isn't one MJ fan who thinks LeBron would suck in the 80s or 90s, dude. His game would be great in any era, just like Durant, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan etc. My beef is when some delusional Bran stans like that idiot Marla Stanfield claim he's already surpassed MJ. Fvck no he hasn't. He still has a ways to go to match, forget about surpassing MJ's achievements. Can he do it? Only time will tell but he's got a shit load of work to do to catch MJ.

As I've said before, I'm an MJ fan but I also like LeBron, he's proven he can lead his team to chips after that embarrassing 2011 Finals, major props to him. But if he wants to be recognized as the GOAT, he's gonna have to bring it more than two times. If he get's it done this year, he'll only be halfway there...let that sink in.

FaceSmack
04-18-2014, 05:45 AM
**** Laimbeer

i never liked that cretin anyway

he should go back to coaching girls in the wnba because we all know he ain't winning anything in the big leagues

bdreason
04-18-2014, 06:01 AM
LeBron would be a beast in any era. The increased physicality in the 80/90's would only have highlighted LeBron's physical abilities.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 06:19 AM
There isn't one MJ fan who thinks LeBron would suck in the 80s or 90s, dude. His game would be great in any era, just like Durant, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan etc. My beef is when some delusional Bran stans like that idiot Marla Stanfield claim he's already surpassed MJ. Fvck no he hasn't. He still has a ways to go to match, forget about surpassing MJ's achievements. Can he do it? Only time will tell but he's got a shit load of work to do to catch MJ.

As I've said before, I'm an MJ fan but I also like LeBron, he's proven he can lead his team to chips after that embarrassing 2011 Finals, major props to him. But if he wants to be recognized as the GOAT, he's gonna have to bring it more than two times. If he get's it done this year, he'll only be halfway there...let that sink in.
lies. MJ never went to 4 straight finals and his teams were so much better and deeper than the Heat its not even debatable.
should Lebron threepeat and then win 2 more titles in his career and end up with 5 FMVPs and 5-6 MVPS he will be unanimous GOAT.
he will break the NBA scorin record if he doesnt get injured too and will be top 5 in assists:applause:

Straight_Ballin
04-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Bill Laimbeer, poster child of the NBA who constantly got dunked on, is saying that Lebron would dominate in the era that he got posterized in. :facepalm

Can't say I'm shocked at his comments.

Unless you hear it come from MJ himself, does it really matter?

Straight_Ballin
04-18-2014, 08:00 AM
lies. MJ never went to 4 straight finals and his teams were so much better and deeper than the Heat its not even debatable.
should Lebron threepeat and then win 2 more titles in his career and end up with 5 FMVPs and 5-6 MVPS he will be unanimous GOAT.
he will break the NBA scorin record if he doesnt get injured too and will be top 5 in assists:applause:

Um, no.

If your not at least 6/6 in the finals with 6 FMVP to back up your perfection, you are not even in the conversation for GOAT.

Good try though.

Random_Guy
04-18-2014, 08:02 AM
off topic, but I love Bill Laimbeer, there's just something charismatic about him and his wink :bowdown:. I think he's a hidden super nazi dictator or something.

Dro
04-18-2014, 08:30 AM
He's just mad at MJ like all the former Pistons, Salley, Laimbeer, Isaih, lol..all salty...

raprap
04-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Lebron in any era would be a top 3 player.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 09:29 AM
LAIMBEER :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 09:30 AM
He's just mad at MJ like all the former Pistons, Salley, Laimbeer, Isaih, lol..all salty...

Salty for what? They beat Jordan more than he beat them

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 09:39 AM

This. The guy who was the face of physical 80s basketball just dropped some knowledge on these Jordan stans :oldlol:

East_Stone_Ya
04-18-2014, 09:54 AM
truth :applause:

sd3035
04-18-2014, 10:16 AM

Wade taught him

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 10:40 AM

I'm not sure whether it's MJ stans or Kobe stans/lebron haters, but I've heard many people on here say LeBron would be useless against the bad boy pistons.

Oh but the real problem is you're taking Marlo Stanfield seriously. He's a straight troll and called MJ the 4th best ever. The more you see him post, the more obvious it is he's a Lebron hater trying to make heat fans look bad. He even said LeBron doesn't flop:biggums:

Shade8780
04-18-2014, 10:41 AM
There's been a bunch of NBA legends who have praised LeBron, yet people here still think he couldnt do shit in another era.

TheMan
04-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Salty for what? They beat Jordan more than he beat them
Looks like someone doesn't know their basketball history yet talks outta his ass, typical Silkk.

Let me educate you a bit, son. The late 80s and early Bulls Pistons HATED each other. Not that fake hate the current Heat and Pacers have now, that ain't real. They went at it 4 straight years, 3 ECFs and they also had personal reasons for hating each other going back to Isiah Thomas being from Chicago and hated in his own hometown, MJ being the city's darling. Thomas leading the way in freezing out young MJ in an All Star game, later MJ would be instrumental in Thomas being left off the Dream Team, etc. That's hate, my friend.

Sure, the Pistons won more of those series but the Bulls put an end to their dynasty in a humiliating 4-0 sweep on the Pistons home floor ending in the famous walk off before the game officially ended. That's a bitter rivalry. The Bulls would beat the Pistons the next almost 30 games in a row, IIRC. MJ and PJax kept saying publically that they wanted to stamp out that brand of basketball. Oh, do I need to remind you of the head games and the rough stuff the veteran Pistons employed on the young Bulls? They were called Bad Boys for a reason.

Yet you're naive enough to think there isn't any saltiness on either side years later:facepalm

AnaheimLakers24
04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
bran would get bullied and cry to his whore mom

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 12:15 PM
this nikkuh is funny but why does he never get banned?? saw people getting banned for the softest shit and that nikka right here commits hate crimes with every post:biggums:

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:16 PM
this nikkuh is funny but why does he never get banned?? saw people getting banned for the softest shit and that nikka right here commits hate crimes with every post:biggums:

maybe you dont get banned for spitting the truth :confusedshrug:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure whether it's MJ stans or Kobe stans/lebron haters, but I've heard many people on here say LeBron would be useless against the bad boy pistons.

Oh but the real problem is you're taking Marlo Stanfield seriously. He's a straight troll and called MJ the 4th best ever. The more you see him post, the more obvious it is he's a Lebron hater trying to make heat fans look bad. He even said LeBron doesn't flop:biggums:
right now i changed my mind a bit. i think hes tied for 3rd best ever with Kareem.
cant touch Magic and Wilt doe:coleman:

tontoz
04-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Knowing Bill Laimbeer, this clip about LeBron James actually sounded pretty sincere and agenda-free.

Agreed

The Pistons-Bulls rivalry was heated, so much so that there has been nothing since then that would compare to it. Isiah and Jordan hated each other so it isn't surprising to see Laimbeer say stuff like this.

TheMan
04-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Agreed

The Pistons-Bulls rivalry was heated, so much so that there has been nothing since then that would compare to it. Isiah and Jordan hated each other so it isn't surprising to see Laimbeer say stuff like this.

This guy gets it.

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:39 PM

http://replygif.net/i/95.gif

WindmiLL
04-18-2014, 12:55 PM

One of the best posts I've read about Lebron and him ''playing in other eras''.

SHAQisGOAT
04-18-2014, 01:06 PM
The best? No, because there was MJ and Bird, and you can also throw Magic into that mix, but Bron would've definitely been on the best and top4 throughout Bill's time, imo, at best #3, can't really see him above MJ or Bird.
You gotta understand that Bill (his teams) had huge and really intense rivalries against MJ, Bird and Magic, though - shit, at some point Bird stopped shaking his hand before games and still bad mouths his ways til this day - so you can't expect to hear nice things from Bill about them, let's say..

jlip
04-18-2014, 01:24 PM
You take basically any post shot clock player who was considered the best at some point during his career and transplant a prime version of that player into any era, and he will automaticly be in the conversation as the best player.

Rocketswin2013
04-18-2014, 01:30 PM
The best? No, because there was MJ and Bird, and you can also throw Magic into that mix, but Bron would've definitely been on the best and top4 throughout Bill's time, imo, at best #3, can't really see him above MJ or Bird.
You gotta understand that Bill (his teams) had huge and really intense rivalries against MJ, Bird and Magic, though - shit, at some point Bird stopped shaking his hand before games and still bad mouths his ways til this day - so you can't expect to hear nice things from Bill about them, let's say..
This. I can't see Bill really giving Jordan any credit.

SpecialQue
04-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Laimbeer still trolling the shit out of Jordan, Magic, Bird, and everyone from his era. :bowdown:

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 02:12 PM

Weak era obviously.

Sums up the thread.

Papaya Petee
04-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Laimbeer still trolling the shit out of Jordan, Magic, Bird, and everyone from his era. :bowdown:
Not really, LeBron as a basketball player shits on Magic, and is better individually than Bird as well. Only one that can compete with him is MJ.

Dro
04-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Not really, LeBron as a basketball player shits on Magic, and is better individually than Bird as well. Only one that can compete with him is MJ.
:rolleyes:

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:57 PM
:rolleyes:

You Jordan stans are pathetic. :oldlol:

SpecialQue
04-18-2014, 03:14 PM

Lebron's rookie year: misses the playoffs.
Magic's rookie year: FMVP.

20Four
04-18-2014, 03:40 PM
You Jordan stans are pathetic. :oldlol:
Your pathetic B|tch how many times lebron jizzed in your mouth ? Living rent free

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Your pathetic B|tch how many times lebron jizzed in your mouth ? Living rent free
His bitch is pathetic?:confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:42 PM

Magic's teammates his rookie year: Kareem, Michael Cooper, Norm Nixon, Jamaal Wilkes

LeBron's teammates his rookie year: Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Chris Mihm, Kevin Ollie

A bit of difference in talent. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:43 PM

I would love to meet him someday.

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Magic's Finals stats make LeBron's look like abject failure, you pansy homer.

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Magic's teammates his rookie year: Kareem, Michael Cooper, Norm Nixon, Jamaal Wilkes

LeBron's teammates his rookie year: Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Chris Mihm, Kevin Ollie

Teammates or not, Magic doesn't have anything close to a 2007 of 2011 Finals flameout on his resume. 36% shooting on single-teams is just sad.

Hell, Magic's 1988 Finals was superior to 2013 Bran's and he didn't even win Finals MVP.

Poetry
04-18-2014, 04:59 PM
The guy who was the face of physical 80s basketball just dropped some knowledge on these Jordan stans :oldlol:

He's also the same guy that hated (and still hates) Jordan and the Bulls.

A few years ago, in an interview where he was critical of Rose, he was asked to compare him to Jordan, and he prefaced his comment by saying, "I wouldn't compare them because I don't really care about either of them."

Clearly, he's not the most objective person in the world.

If anyone knows how to hold a grudge, it's Laimbeer. And you know what, that's probably the way it should be. It is a rivalry after all.

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Not saying Lebron's better than Magic, but you can say that about almost any other player when comparing there first year to Magic's. Best rookie year ever.

MavsSuperFan
04-18-2014, 05:03 PM
he's right, on paper lebron is the best player ever.
the only knock on him is his mentality, but he is now a champion.

SpecialQue
04-18-2014, 05:14 PM

Shall we compare Magic's rookie finals game 6 to Lebron's 2011 when Lebron finally had more help?

Calabis
04-18-2014, 05:22 PM
LeBron would be a beast in any era. The increased physicality in the 80/90's would only have highlighted LeBron's physical abilities.

Defensively he would have been insane...offensively he would have to develop a mid range jumper...even at his size, he could be re-routed. Remember he's dribbling a basketball, so pushing him off his route to the basket slightly would allow help and rotations to come over.

Calabis
04-18-2014, 05:33 PM
This. The guy who was the face of physical 80s basketball just dropped some knowledge on these Jordan stans :oldlol:

So what you are saying is that one guys comment from that era, is the absolute truth, but the other 100's of players from that era that say Jordan is the best ever are full of shit...ok I get it now :facepalm

Tim Grover, who has trained Kobe, Lebron, and Jordan, was asked who would win a 1-on-1 battle of Jordan vs. either of the other two:

Tim Grover: "Oh, Michael. No question. From a physical and mental standpoint, he's the best I've ever seen. If he were playing now, with the way the refs call everything, and with all the padding these guys wear, he'd average 40 or 50 a night if he wanted."

"You can't even touch a guy now," says Charlotte coach Larry Brown. "The college game is much more physical than our game. I always tease Michael [Jordan], if he played today, he'd average 50."

Craig Hodges is the Lakers shooting coach, get a look at what he said:
Q: "If you could take one player in their prime, would you take Michael Jordan or Kobe?"
A: "M.J., all day. There's no comparison. M.J. could score 100 points in this era. You can't hand-check now. Imagine that trying to guard M.J. It would be crazy."

Tex Winter said. "Players today can get to the basket individually much easier

Phil Jackson was asked how he thought Michael Jordan would perform today, Phil said: "Michael would average 45 with these rules."

Well they all said it so it must be true

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 05:58 PM
So what you are saying is that one guys comment from that era, is the absolute truth, but the other 100's of players from that era that say Jordan is the best ever are full of shit...ok I get it now :facepalm

Tim Grover, who has trained Kobe, Lebron, and Jordan, was asked who would win a 1-on-1 battle of Jordan vs. either of the other two:

Tim Grover: "Oh, Michael. No question. From a physical and mental standpoint, he's the best I've ever seen. If he were playing now, with the way the refs call everything, and with all the padding these guys wear, he'd average 40 or 50 a night if he wanted."

"You can't even touch a guy now," says Charlotte coach Larry Brown. "The college game is much more physical than our game. I always tease Michael [Jordan], if he played today, he'd average 50."

Craig Hodges is the Lakers shooting coach, get a look at what he said:
Q: "If you could take one player in their prime, would you take Michael Jordan or Kobe?"
A: "M.J., all day. There's no comparison. M.J. could score 100 points in this era. You can't hand-check now. Imagine that trying to guard M.J. It would be crazy."

Tex Winter said. "Players today can get to the basket individually much easier

Phil Jackson was asked how he thought Michael Jordan would perform today, Phil said: "Michael would average 45 with these rules."

Well they all said it so it must be true
Wrong again Bob.

Calabis
04-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Wrong again Bob.

Yup but Lamby is right :facepalm

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Yup but Lamby is right :facepalm
http://www.chicitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lebronjamesbillboard.jpg

Calabis
04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
http://www.chicitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lebronjamesbillboard.jpg

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

So the Bulls want the best player in the league...umm ok. :confusedshrug:

Poetry
04-18-2014, 07:40 PM

http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/shoebox.jpg

http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/ringbox.jpg

SpecialQue
04-18-2014, 08:05 PM

The fvck is this wack-ass shit? :biggums:

Calabis
04-18-2014, 09:03 PM
The fvck is this wack-ass shit? :biggums:

Guess it was a response to the dumb shit NumberSix posted

Bless Mathews
04-18-2014, 09:05 PM

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 11:42 PM

Was interesting in theory, but I think the application may have come off insulting.