PDA

View Full Version : You guys should appreciate Spurs more

RagaZ
04-17-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjT7Jpa2Ek

Barkley is spot on(this is about Patriots, but it's the same with Spurs)

We are taking winning for granted.

I've seen people say: "Spurs havent won anything for 7 years", "Spurs are Postseason chokers".

Being a contender for 17 years in a Small Market is a amazing achievement. Look at Lakers. Celtics. Knicks. Clippers. Heat. They've all had years in the last 15 years where they've sucked and tanked.

Spurs never sucked. They've been a contender for 17 freaking years. They've been up there since 1997 ffs.

lebron06
04-17-2014, 02:50 PM
They suck..

Levity
04-17-2014, 02:52 PM
It always rubs me the wrong way when people say spurs basketball is boring to watch.

truthfully, they have one of the most aesthetically pleasing offenses in the league. nothing is greater than seeing basketball played and executed correctly.

ImKobe
04-17-2014, 03:01 PM
What is there to appreciate more? They are the best in NBA history when it comes to building contending teams & winning on a consistent basis in the same system and with the same core(in the regular season), but they have never went to consecutive Finals & they will forever be remembered for one of the biggest chokejobs in NBA history. They should be 5 out of 5 in the NBA Finals.

Their basketball isn't that boring with their quicker pace of play in their recent years, but knowing the Spurfans, they don't really know how to appreciate their team either, they don't care about the regular season. They want Duncan to tie Kobe's ring count, regular seasons are nothing to them.

CelticBaller
04-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Why si this thread created every other month? fvck, we get it, the spurs are good now stop shoving them down our throats

sportjames23
04-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Why si this thread created every other month? fvck, we get it, the spurs are good now stop shoving them down our throats

I have to agree. And it's usually from non-Spurs fans (meaning not die-hard Spurs fans). Real Spurs fans don't go around telling other fans to appreciate their team.

Doctor Rivers
04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjT7Jpa2Ek

Barkley is spot on(this is about Patriots, but it's the same with Spurs)

We are taking winning for granted.

I've seen people say: "Spurs havent won anything for 7 years", "Spurs are Postseason chokers".

Being a contender for 17 years in a Small Market is a amazing achievement. Look at Lakers. Celtics. Knicks. Clippers. Heat. They've all had years in the last 15 years where they've sucked and tanked.

Spurs never sucked. They've been a contender for 17 freaking years. They've been up there since 1997 ffs.

stop sleeping on the spurs

Fire Colangelo
04-17-2014, 03:27 PM
I like the Spurs, but let's not act like they did anything special after Duncan started declining.

Pop gets overrated a lot, he's good at managing minutes, he's good with rotations, but he'd be nothing without Duncan. He didn't make Duncan, Duncan made him.

Anyways, ever since 07, the Spurs were never exactly contenders. In 08, Boston were favored, and the Lakers came out in the West with the acquisition of Pau Gasol, who beat the Spurs 4-1 despite Duncan outplaying Gasol. They got beat 4-1 again in 09, and got swept in 10. In 11 they looked rejuvenated and got the first seed, but pop, Duncan and the spurs got outplayed by the 8 seeded Grizzlies in the first round. They looked good again in 12, but got backdoor swept by OKC. Had OKC been healthy last year, the Spurs wouldn't have reached the finals.

People always say that Lebron's championship deserves a asterisk, well the Spurs 99 season actually deserves a big ass asterisk IMO, super short season which gassed out a lot of old teams by the playoffs (Malone led Jazz for example). They were no match for the lakers in 2001 and 2002, getting swept and getting beat in 5 respectively. They had a good run in 03 thanks to Dirk getting injured in game 3.

Spurs have a great organization, for a small market team they've done great. But damn, I see a "we should appreciate the Spurs more" thread every week it's just like ... Well yeah, have you guys won shit lately? The Spurs play beautiful basketball we all know that but what else is there to appreciate? They've never repeated, they've choked in the playoffs before. Hell are they even contenders this year? What are we doing that's not enough for you that spurs fans have to make one of these "why don't anybody talk about the spurs" or "you guys need to appreciate the Spurs more". Idk man, nothing to appreciate outside of a good FO and a good offense. I mean, seriously you have people calling Pop the GOAT coach these days, and yall feel the need to make a "you guys should appreciate the Spurs more" thread every other week.

Spurs are a regular season team. I have no doubt that barring any serious injured in the west, they get eliminated in, or before the WCF. Bookmark this, bump it, w/e. I'll even take an off season avy bet with you that they don't make it to the finals.

Bob Dole
04-17-2014, 03:28 PM
no, Tim Duncan is a homosexual.

r0drig0lac
04-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Tim Duncan

RagaZ
04-17-2014, 05:04 PM
The best team in US sports this century. Highest winning percentage.

Yet people still talk sh*t.

navy
04-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Spurs fans are gonna say they should have never been good in the first place place when they lose in the postseason.

Kiddlovesnets
04-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Thats true, I have to say that early in the days I was not fond of the Spurs, I didnt care what they did in playoffs just like the Bobcats or the Hawks. But nowadays I really want to see them winning yet another title, its what TD and Popovich deserve.

RagaZ
04-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Best team in sports the last 15 years.

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Sorry man but i always sleep on the Spurs

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p13397336dt.jpg

Draz
04-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Don't know where people are getting the spurs are boring to watch from. I enjoyed them in the playoffs last year and they gave us the best finals we could ever ask for.

They deserve more of a reputation and Duncan needs his credit. This wouldn't of been the same case if they didnt choke away the finals however.

HomieWeMajor
04-18-2014, 03:59 PM
More people complain about people calling the Spurs boring than the people actually calling the Spurs boring.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 04:00 PM
WE GET IT :facepalm

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/302/533/c33.jpg

RagaZ
05-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Good to see the lads getting more credit this past week by the media, fans etc.

SilkkTheShocker
05-23-2014, 02:57 PM
F.uck the Spurs and their closet queer leader.