PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo: "I don't know if I can afford another season of losing..."

jzek
04-17-2014, 05:33 PM
"...at this point in my career I'm not concerned about the money."

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/456845569865306112

What's stopping him then from forming a super team with LeBron or KD? :confusedshrug:

TheReal Kendall
04-17-2014, 05:35 PM
He need to leave but I don't want him to join KD or Bron.

Go to Bulls, Spurs would be great but I doubt that will happen.

Fiasco
04-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I guess we can take him.

JT123
04-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Then he needs to join Bron Bron in South Beach. We can do a sign and trade with Bosh or something. Don't worry Melo, Bron will teach you how to win! :rockon:

k0kakw0rld
04-17-2014, 05:37 PM
He takes a pay cut and goes to Indiana lol

Hill (even tho he needs to go)
PG
Melo
West
Hibbert

:applause:

Damn Miami in trouble.

riseagainst
04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
can the Heat get him?

pegasus
04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
He need to leave but I don't want him to join KD or Bron.

Go to Bulls, Spurs would be great but I doubt that will happen.

This. It'd be disgusting if Lebron convinced him (you know he'll call him) to join him somewhere.

He'll get respect and a great chance to win (not a sure shot) if he joins the Bulls or the Spurs. Even signing with Indiana would not be an overkill since that would mean they can't retain Stephenson.

NumberSix
04-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Heat

Bandito
04-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Melo should go to the Lakers and with Kobe win it all when Wiggins arrive there.

bluechox2
04-17-2014, 05:41 PM
he needs to try and win, instead of losing 20 games on missed shots at the buzzer this past season

Lebron23
04-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Be a much better individual player, and shoot a higher percentage from the field.

JT123
04-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Melo should go to the Lakers and with Kobe win it all when Wiggins arrive there.
:facepalm Laker fans want more All Stars for Kobe to throw under the bus after he chokes.

JT123
04-17-2014, 05:53 PM
This. It'd be disgusting if Lebron convinced him (you know he'll call him) to join him somewhere.

He'll get respect and a great chance to win (not a sure shot) if he joins the Bulls or the Spurs. Even signing with Indiana would not be an overkill since that would mean they can't retain Stephenson.
:facepalm Noah is the one who has practically been begging Melo to sign with the Bulls all year. I just can't respect players like Noah and Rose colluding to stack the deck in their favor.

Mr. Incredible
04-17-2014, 05:55 PM

So he'll get respect by joining a third team? :lol

Lebron23
04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
:facepalm Noah is the one who has practically been begging Melo to sign with the Bulls all year. I just can't respect players like Noah and Rose colluding to stack the deck in their favor.

Melo would just ruin the Chicago Bull's team chemistry. He might win an NBA championship someday as a 3rd scoring option ala Glenn Rice back in 2000.

NumberSix
04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Win with Kobe? Win what?

BlackVVaves
04-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Dude, I just came from realgm NY....holy shit :roll:

And why are you so confident if Lebron and Melo do team up it's going to be in NY and not in Miami?

1. Phil Jackson
2. NYC extra marketing (LeBron is a media guy he knows what that would do to his brand)
3. Assuming Phil plays this right we should have some young pieces to go along with LeBron and Melo. Miami wont have those assets (there role players are old (battier, lewis, haslem) they won't have the luxury of a good pick to add.

We would hopefully have THjr, Shumpert, and a 2015 1st round pick (plus additional space cap space + whatever assets we might be able to get for Tyson and other expirings).

But like I said we should be more disireable that Miami in 2015-16 as long as Phil plans for the future nicely. If we keep Chandler and some of the other pieces and just play out 2014-15 we might not be that attractive. I say re-tool, Melo opt in. Trade whatever we can in 2014-15 for future assets and then go into 2015-16 and try to get Melo and LeBron to team up.

There's posts like this riddled throughout their threads :biggums:

NumberSix
04-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Dude, I just came from realgm NY....holy shit :roll:

There's posts like this riddled throughout their threads :biggums:
I'm not engaging in hyperbole here, but honestly....

Miami has more of a chance of getting Melo AND Kevin Love than NYK has of getting LeBron.

pegasus
04-17-2014, 06:02 PM

There was a rumor during the all-star break, just once, and you're gonna make it sound like he was begging him all year? They both denied it. Could be true, could be not - but don't exaggerate it.

NugzFan
04-17-2014, 06:02 PM
"...at this point in my career I'm not concerned about the money."

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/456845569865306112

What's stopping him then from forming a super team with LeBron or KD? :confusedshrug:

They always say they don't care about the money but they always sign a max deal.

navy
04-17-2014, 06:05 PM
They always say they don't care about the money but they always sign a max deal.
He means the most physical dollars.30 million as opposed to 25. (Made up) Something only the KNicks can offer him. He is willing to drop a a few million to play on a better squad. Make no mistake. He will still be paid, so it seems silly from the outside.

BlackVVaves
04-17-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm not engaging in hyperbole here, but honestly....

Miami has more of a chance of getting Melo AND Kevin Love than NYK has of getting LeBron.

Miami has more of a chance of getting KD than NYK getting Bron, and KD isn't even available :lol

Didn't Bron just say he feels sorry for Melo and his tenure in NY :roll:

You'd think they'd have learned after 2011, when they struck out on every major free agent after their fans guaranteed they were acquiring a set of stars, and ended up with Amare who know one else wanted to pay long term except their incompetent ass :roll:

Milbuck
04-17-2014, 06:14 PM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/221/full/kbzgpcg1efl3ckze0a40g8jjs.gif

nightprowler10
04-17-2014, 06:23 PM
No one on Chicago's roster wears number 7. It's collusion.

coin24
04-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Melo would just ruin the Chicago Bull's team chemistry. He might win an NBA championship someday as a 3rd scoring option ala Glenn Rice back in 2000.

Ala lebran James 12-13.. Those team up asterisk rings:oldlol:

Andrei89
04-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Ala lebran James 12-13.. Those team up asterisk rings:oldlol:

There have been teams more stacked than the Heat in 2012.

Magic Johnson's Lakers, Larry Bird's Celtics, Shaq's Lakers etc

None of those rings are asteriks so stop whining bitter old man.:lol

BlackVVaves
04-17-2014, 06:47 PM
There have been teams more stacked than the Heat in 2012.

Magic Johnson's Lakers, Larry Bird's Celtics, Shaq's Lakers etc

None of those rings are asteriks so stop whining bitter old man.:lol

You might want to go revisit tape of the 2001 and 2002 Lakers.

The drop off after Shaq and Kobe was astronomical.

coin24
04-17-2014, 06:58 PM
You might want to go revisit tape of the 2001 and 2002 Lakers.

The drop off after Shaq and Kobe was astronomical.

Nah they were stacked apparently:lol :facepalm

Bran stans always trying to prop up there hero, they can't face the fact his 2 team up rings are so unimpressive..

Nash
04-17-2014, 07:07 PM
He should go to Miami, if there is anything we've learned it is that winning erases everything. What some trolls on ISH say don't mean shit when he's standing there as a winner.

Also, think about this and how it makes sense for Melo. I'd present it to him this way.

1. Melo has what, 4 good years left in the NBA? He can go to some other team or sign with Miami and compete the whole way until he basically retires.. with his best friends. Compete for a championship every year and not have to think about anything else.

2. Melo would be a legit 2nd option in Miami. Wade is injured all the time and is declining quickly. A 2nd option behind Lebron is not a bad deal. Melo is not better than Pippen, Westbrook, Kobe and many other players who have made well as 2nd options. Hell, even Wade took the role as a 2nd option.

3. Winning erases everything. And hey, Miami is not a bad place to call home.

Bandito
04-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Win with Kobe? Win what?
The championship they are going to get from the reigning champions the Thunder.

JohnFreeman
04-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I want him to go win somewhere. Make the 2003 draft proud

sketchy
04-17-2014, 07:22 PM
"At this point, I don't care about the money..."

What a selfish piece of sh*t.