PDA

View Full Version : Miami HEAT are favored to win the title

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:05 PM
http://fansided.com/2014/04/17/nba-championship-betting-odds-2014-heat-favored-win-title/#!EEyzR

championship or bust

navy
04-17-2014, 07:06 PM
No shit. Lebron has championship or bust every year .

Budadiiii
04-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Championship or bust for the most stacked team ever.

Honestly, If the big 3 don't manage to win at least 6 rings then it will be a colossal failure.

They're not even half way there.

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Fun Fact: Lakers were Favorites from 2008-2011

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2014, 07:09 PM

Honestly, If the big 3 don't manage to win at least 6 rings then it will be a colossal failure.

Wade will be in a retirement home by then.

Worry about KD gettin' his first, I don't want you commiting suicide.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:10 PM

:roll:

Celtics were favored in 08

HEAT favored in 11

Bandito
04-17-2014, 07:10 PM
let's not pretend Kobe was the same in 2011. He lost a step that year and it was visibly shown throughout the year.

Rocketswin2013
04-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Not saying much.

The Spurs are highest likely team to win it but how many clicks would a article with that title get? :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:12 PM
let's not pretend Kobe was the same in 2011. He lost a step that year and it was visibly shown throughout the year.

he just wants to change topics b/c he doesn't like the pressure his fav player has on him

typical Bran fans, they don't want any actual pressure, they just want to win as easily as possible and then talk about all the "pressure" in hindsight..

plus if he doesn't realize that the Big 3 Celtics were favored in 08 and the big 3 HEAT were favored in 11 then he's pretty misinformed

moe94
04-17-2014, 07:13 PM
:roll:

Celtics were favored in 08

HEAT favored in 11
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2008/05/celtics-return-to-finals

nightprowler10
04-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Well... no ****. They're the defending champs looking to 3-peat and have a top 5 record in the league.

Bandito
04-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Well... no ****. They're the defending champs looking to 3-peat and have a top 5 record in the league.
Look at some of the threads here proclaiming they have been the underdogs since 2010...:lol

HoopsFanNumero1
04-17-2014, 07:16 PM

Tony

The very fact that Kobe was practically quitting on his team and demanding a trade for nearly the first quarter of the regular season should disqualify him for both the MVP and an NBA title.

I get sick of hearing about how great he is.

He still hasn't won anything since he singlehandedly drove Shaq out of town, and if that moronic ex-Celtic GM down in Memphis hadn't giftwrapped Pau Gasol to the Lakers for a few warm bodies, Kobe would STILL be bellyaching and asking for a trade, and the Spurs would be coming to Boston on Thursday.

Well said, Tony. Well said.

QuebecBaller
http://i.imgur.com/Z8oDYvG.gif

red1
thats par for the course when you have the second GOAT playing on your team

SCdac
They got the best player in the game and his minutes on average jump to 43+ mpg in the playoffs. When you have him on the floor for that long it's a big advantage.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:18 PM

Moe :facepalm

I can show you the exact same thing of all those exact same people picking the CAVS over the Celtics in the playoffs for 2010, i can show you those same people picking the Cavs to make the finals by a landslide.. will you agree that the Cavs were favorites in 09 after seeing that? :confusedshrug:

In 08 when the Celtics formed everybody assumed a championship that year..

if you really want to argue that the Big 3 Celtics (the first year the joined) were expected to lose to an LA team that had 1 allstar and 2 starters out for the entire finals then i don't know what to tell you

LongLiveTheKing
04-17-2014, 07:18 PM
You don't say?

TMT
04-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Not saying much.

The Spurs are highest likely team to win it but how many clicks would a article with that title get? :confusedshrug:

Truth :oldlol:

But I'm honestly surprised the Heat are still favorites over the Thunder at this point. With OKC being healthy, KD's first MVP year and all. :confusedshrug:

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 07:22 PM

But I'm honestly surprised the Heat are still favorites over the Thunder at this point. With OKC being healthy, KD's first MVP year and all. :confusedshrug:

That s because Lebron is better than Durant.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:23 PM

WB health holding up is a concern i'm sure

TMT
04-17-2014, 07:24 PM
WB health holding up is a concern i'm sure

I'd say the concern is double or even triple for Wade. So that doesn't really make sense.

Keno
04-17-2014, 07:24 PM

don't worry, it takes time.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NFgxNjAw/z/-uwAAOxyVX1RxFI3/$T2eC16F,!ykE9s7tw!lgBR%29FI3GGQ!~~60_35.JPG

waiting for the new t-shirt in june so i can buy myself one.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:25 PM
That s because Lebron is better than Durant.

I thought Lebron was an underdog?

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Nah I can be real with it... Heat aren't favorites in my eyes, but its still championship or bust... Same for KD/OKC.

Heat must get out of the East.. everything else would be pathetic in that weak excuse of a conference...

Im all for that new top 16 playoff idea, finally some legit competition.. anything else wouldnt be fair

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 07:32 PM
I thought Lebron was an underdog?

What is the connection between underdog and best player?
Why did you make that comment?

Trollsmasher
04-17-2014, 07:33 PM
still underdogs

Fudge
04-17-2014, 07:33 PM
They're the favorites every year.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Nah I can be real with it... Heat aren't favorites in my eyes, but its still championship or bust... Same for KD/OKC.

Heat must get out of the East.. everything else would be pathetic in that weak excuse of a conference...

Im all for that new top 16 playoff idea, finally some legit competition.. anything else wouldnt be fair

They will make the finals more than likely. There is no team in the east that is very good (championship caliber i should say)outside of Miami and IND but the pacers have some problems..

Compare that to OKC who might end up facing 3 50 win teams all in the top 10 drgt..before they make the finals

TMT
04-17-2014, 07:35 PM
still underdogs

Back-to-back champs will never be underdogs.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:35 PM
What is the connection between underdog and best player?
Why did you make that comment?

Because how is the "best player" in the game coming off 2 FMVPS in his prime while playing in a conference that basically guarantees a finals trip an underdog :roll:

Bandito
04-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Heat win two championships.

Underdogs

Trollsmasher
04-17-2014, 07:36 PM
99 Bulls were underdogs:biggums:

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Because how is the "best player" in the game coming off 2 FMVPS in his prime while playing in a conference that basically guarantees a finals trip an underdog :roll:

because it s a team sport and his team has been playing bad ( other teams are playing better). :oldlol:

Bandito
04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
99 Bulls were underdogs:biggums:
MJ, PIppen and Rodman weren't in that team though:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 07:40 PM
because it s a team sport and his team has been playing bad ( other teams are playing better). :oldlol:

54 win team with 3 all stars coming off 3 straight finals and 2 straight championships is an underdog even though they are favored to win..

Got it

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 07:40 PM

he said never

Cold soul
04-17-2014, 07:41 PM

This ^^^.

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 07:42 PM
54 win team with 3 all stars coming off 3 straight finals and 2 straight championships is an underdog even though they are favored to win..

Got it

Yup, they have the 7th best record in the league.
And they are not favored to win it.

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2014, 07:43 PM

:oldlol: He must have been kidding with that one, I hope :lol

Look, Heat are definitely not Underdogs.. stop that BS

Any of you be surprised if Heat 3-peat? I wouldn't

livinglegend
04-17-2014, 07:47 PM

i would be very surprised.

KirbyPls
04-17-2014, 07:52 PM
This ^^^.

What's Bean's excuse for 2011? "Durr, injuries doe..."

Cold soul
04-17-2014, 07:55 PM
What's Bean's excuse for 2011? "Durr, injuries doe..."

What does Kobe have to do with this topic again? :no:

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2014, 07:55 PM
i would be very surprised.

They got a free ticket to the finals doe :confusedshrug:

Anything can happen from there on out..

moe94
04-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Moe :facepalm

I can show you the exact same thing of all those exact same people picking the CAVS over the Celtics in the playoffs for 2010, i can show you those same people picking the Cavs to make the finals by a landslide.. will you agree that the Cavs were favorites in 09 after seeing that? :confusedshrug:

In 08 when the Celtics formed everybody assumed a championship that year..

if you really want to argue that the Big 3 Celtics (the first year the joined) were expected to lose to an LA team that had 1 allstar and 2 starters out for the entire finals then i don't know what to tell you

I just showed you the "experts" pick. You can draw your own conclusions. I remember that season vividly and remember them all picking the Lakers. To act like the Lakers weren't expected to win is pure nonsense, sorry.

Rocketswin2013
04-17-2014, 08:30 PM

Heat when healthy, which they are, are not UD's....

Marlo_Stanfield
04-17-2014, 08:32 PM
They're the favorites every year.
thats because Durant sucks donkey cawk:coleman:

russwest0
04-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Is this news to anyone?

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/nba1314/2013-14-nba-champion

http://i.gyazo.com/b1d393a4f65801e8a86c3a2cb225a4e7.png

:oldlol: So much for all of the insecure Bran stans going to every OKC/Durant thread and saying "Championship or Bust"

k0kakw0rld
04-17-2014, 08:33 PM

shut up Wade is not Healthy. Boston's big 3 won only 1 that is a failure. :facepalm They should be crucified.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2014, 08:37 PM
I just showed you the "experts" pick. You can draw your own conclusions. I remember that season vividly and remember them all picking the Lakers. To act like the Lakers weren't expected to win is pure nonsense, sorry.

to act like the Cavs weren't expected to win against Boston in 2010 is pure nonsense, sorry.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/347412/seriespicks.JPG

In the end, we think James' supporting cast is just too good this time around.

Mr. Incredible
04-17-2014, 08:40 PM
You don't say?

Trollsmasher
04-17-2014, 08:46 PM
doesn't matter

JT123
04-17-2014, 09:05 PM
They got a free ticket to the finals doe :confusedshrug:

Anything can happen from there on out..
That is nonsense. Since January 1st the Nets, Bulls, and Raptors ALL have better records than the Heat! I'll repeat, that is since January 1st. Not exactly a small sample size. In fact every playoff team in the East with the exception of the Pacers is playing better than the Heat right now. Miami is in big trouble, and anyone thinking they are just going to cruz into the Finals doesn't know basketball. The Heat simply don't have enough talent to just comfortably roll over teams, especially not with injuries and their roll players all playing like crap.

xoracle55
04-17-2014, 09:20 PM
That is nonsense. Since January 1st the Nets, Bulls, and Raptors ALL have better records than the Heat! I'll repeat, that is since January 1st. Not exactly a small sample size. In fact every playoff team in the East with the exception of the Pacers is playing better than the Heat right now. Miami is in big trouble, and anyone thinking they are just going to cruz into the Finals doesn't know basketball. The Heat simply don't have enough talent to just comfortably roll over teams, especially not with injuries and their roll players all playing like crap.

You are being too hard on the Heat but I can agree with you to some extent. Why those ESPN experts for the life of me are picking the Heat unanimously or is that from last years prediction lol? like they have not been paying close attention this year is beyond me. I will be surprise if they threepeat considering the struggles they have rebounding, lack of cohesiveness, health management a
it's not their fault that most are not in their prime anymore..

navy
04-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Let's be honest. The Heat are going to thee peat and all summer we will hear abut how it is an asterisk ring because the East sucks.

Mr. Incredible
04-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Let's be honest. The Heat are going to thee peat and all summer we will hear abut how it is an asterisk ring because the East sucks.
You can't asterisk a 3Peat. It's etched in stone.

plowking
04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
It's surprising we're favourties. We have an injured and old roster. Our second best player is hurting real bad. We've looked disjointed coming into the playoffs, and we have the 6th(?) best record in the league.

Some of you will hate, but you know the reason as to why the Heat are so highly regarded again, and it's all because of Lebron James. Goes to show how great a player he is.

DMV2
04-17-2014, 10:54 PM
They're basically a shoe-in for the Finals.

And the only team in the West that can beat them is OKC.
Heat should be favorites vs OKC.

Droid101
04-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Heat fans are spewing excuses already. Love it.

BoutPractice
04-18-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm surprised the Clippers, Rockets have such low odds. Warriors and Blazers too.

Clippers would be a very attractive bet on paper:
- The best offense and a top 10 defense in the league, always an important combination if you're looking to contend.
- Real star power: 2 top 10 players in the league and MVP candidates in Blake Griffin and Chris Paul who both had some of their best career averages.
- An intimidating 7 footer manning the paint in DeAndre Jordan: 14 rebounds and 2.5 blocks.
- An "irrational confidence guy" in Crawford who can always go off in spectacular fashion.
- Many veterans and an experienced coach.

All Net
04-18-2014, 05:31 AM
They are back to back champs, they should be.

ILLsmak
04-18-2014, 06:22 AM
don't worry, it takes time.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NFgxNjAw/z/-uwAAOxyVX1RxFI3/$T2eC16F,!ykE9s7tw!lgBR%29FI3GGQ!~~60_35.JPG

waiting for the new t-shirt in june so i can buy myself one.

you better wear that shit for the rest of your life with not two if it happens lol.

Edit: BTW you can't cross the shit out yourself? You're really gonna buy a new shirt that says the exact same thing but has one more line crossed off? Shitsun...

-Smak

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 06:27 AM
a retarded monkey without legs would maybe say the Heat are favorites.
the Heat have and absolutely disgusting record over the last 15 games:facepalm

All Net
04-18-2014, 06:41 AM
a retarded monkey without legs would maybe say the Heat are favorites.
the Heat have and absolutely disgusting record over the last 15 games:facepalm
Doesn't matter, until somebody can prove they can beat them 4 out of 7 it means very little.

xoracle55
04-18-2014, 07:38 AM
According to Jeff Van Gundy....

Interesting read:

1. The Heat won't repeat.Indiana will come out of the East. What the Heat is doing is attempting by winning three straight titles is, "very remarkable," and, "It's set up very well for them (with the East matchups.) But ...

"I think Indiana is very good,'' I think they’re the team somewhere between their incredible start and poor finish. I believe home court will be importnt. That’s why, if you had to favor somebody, I’d favor Indiana.

"But there's nothing concerns me about Miami that's their fault. They have a lot of guys who aren’t in their prime right now. Their ability to consistently play well, individually, is just not there. And then you have the healthy issues that, to me, if you didn't have the health issues they'd be a 60-win team. I know everyone says they’re on a program (Dwyane Wade's maintenance program this year). If he can stay healthy, they have as good a shot as anybody in the Eastern Conference."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-hyde5-jeff-van-gundy-picks-pacers-over-heat-20140417,0,216679.story

I was with him until he pick the Rockets to come out of the west :D. Well it's not impossible but...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Theyre the only team in the league w/ 3 allstars
#superstacked
if they dont win itd be the biggest bust since the 11 finals

Straight_Ballin
04-18-2014, 08:02 AM
http://fansided.com/2014/04/17/nba-championship-betting-odds-2014-heat-favored-win-title/#!EEyzR

championship or bust

A stacked team favored to win it all?

You don't say.

"But...but...but....Wade's not performing!" - Cried the stan :facepalm

Basketbolero
04-18-2014, 08:06 AM
you better wear that shit for the rest of your life with not two if it happens lol.

Edit: BTW you can't cross the shit out yourself? You're really gonna buy a new shirt that says the exact same thing but has one more line crossed off? Shitsun...

-Smak
:oldlol:

SwayDizzle
04-18-2014, 08:20 AM

Top 16 idea will never happen. From a business standpoint, you would lose more than half the East.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Not saying much.

The Spurs don't have a higher chance of winning than Miami. :oldlol:

Nash
04-18-2014, 10:59 AM
#superstacked
1 allstar. and the pressure will be on them because they have easily the best player in the league.

OKC on the other hand, soon stepping into bust Melo mode with all none of the rings. At least Lebron had no star teammates back in Cleveland. No rings with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka (and Harden). Watch out for Skip Bayless and friends and the hell that'll come down on Durant and OKC when they don't win yet again.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 11:06 AM
#superstacked

Hilarious seeing OKC fans talk shit about the Heat. They came into your hick city and made your franchise player cry like a bitch :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 02:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zLuO9ow.png

Thunder were favored by ESPN in 2012. OKC is a bust and has been ever since. If Durant doesn't win a title this year, he can't be considered > LeBron, or even on par w/ prime Kobe, like some OKC fans are suggesting.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Did OP really say the Lakers weren't favored in 08?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Revisionist history

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Did OP really say the Lakers weren't favored in 08?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Revisionist history

For real.. He must have forgot Lakers had the Best Record since the Gasol Trade and were heavily favored going into the Playoffs/Finals.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 02:50 PM
For real.. He must have forgot Lakers had the Best Record since the Gasol Trade and were heavily favored going into the Playoffs/Finals.

Exactly.

Boston got taken to 7 games by a sub. 500 Hawks team. Taken to 7 by a Cleveland team with Delonte West as the 2nd best player. And past prime Pistons team. The Lakers were favored for sure.

TheMarkMadsen
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM
to act like the Cavs weren't expected to win against Boston in 2010 is pure nonsense, sorry.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/347412/seriespicks.JPG

Everybody saying the lakers were favorites in 08 because the "experts" picked them surprisingly are ducking this post

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Everybody saying the lakers were favorites in 08 because the "experts" picked them surprisingly are ducking this post

Deflecting is a MarkMadsen favorite :oldlol:

You were wrong, just own up to it, b.itch

TheMarkMadsen
04-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Deflecting is a MarkMadsen favorite :oldlol:

You were wrong, just own up to it, b.itch

Deflecting would be bringin up the lakers in a HEAT thread like some insecure Bron Stan did on the first page..

Y'all wanna call the 08 lakers favorites because of some "expert picks" and claim it as fact, but when those same experts pick the cavs as being the favorites all of a sudden it isn't valid

:lol

imdaman99
04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Lakers in 08 and Thunder in 12 were indeed the favorites to begin the series. The problem is that they lost to better teams. Celtics in 08 might have been pushed to 7 by a couple of inferior teams, but guess what it happens to all champions. Heat were pushed to 7 by the Celtics. Lakers were pushed to 7 by a Rockets team. The better team won both Finals.

I think the only Finals series where there is a question of the better team losing in recent years is Miami in 2011.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Exactly.

Boston got taken to 7 games by a sub. 500 Hawks team. Taken to 7 by a Cleveland team with Delonte West as the 2nd best player. And past prime Pistons team. The Lakers were favored for sure.

That Celtic Team was horrible on the road... Going to 7 against the HAWKS? The CAVALIERS with LeBron having a huge stinker series? 6 against the Pistons that were honestly done by the time?

DMV2
04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
They're basically a shoe-in for the Finals.

And the only team in the West that can beat them is OKC.
Heat should be favorites vs OKC.
Now I'm even more convince the Heat will cruise to the Finals.

Pacers are losing to a Hawks team that limp their way into the playoffs. Indy offense is broken!