04-17-2014, 08:33 PM
:roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-17-2014, 08:33 PM
most unselfish player ever.
gives career highs even to his opponents:roll: :roll:

Smoke117
04-17-2014, 08:40 PM
He's lucky Dwight is such an amicable fellow...I probably would have punched Harden square in the face by the end of december if I had to deal with this shit every single game.

Angel Face
04-17-2014, 08:44 PM
most unselfish player ever.
gives career highs even to his opponents:roll: :roll:

Lebron is the most unselfish. Giving championships > giving career highs.

moe94
04-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Ball-stopper on offense, lets the ball move around on D :applause:

I love how he always has a look of "I tried, guys" eventhough it's obvious he gives zero fvcks.

Trollsmasher
04-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Even worse than Durant:facepalm

buddha
04-17-2014, 08:48 PM
If I was McHale I would ban Harden from watching the ball on defense. if he even so much as glances at the ball carrier when it wasn't his dude he would be on the bench. too bad McHale is a pushover and Harden will never learn.

oarabbus
04-17-2014, 08:49 PM
If I was McHale I would ban Harden from watching the ball on defense. if he even so much as glances at the ball carrier when it wasn't his dude he would be on the bench. too bad McHale is a pushover and Harden will never learn.

THIS is the key though. Can you imagine how good Harden would be if he had a coach that benched his ass for bad D?

He would be an incredible 2 way player.

I love how he always has a look of "I tried, guys" eventhough it's obvious he gives zero fvcks.

So true :oldlol: he's like "I waved my arms guys"

HoopsFanNumero1
04-17-2014, 08:56 PM
And he still shut down Kobe in the 2012 playoffs :roll:

Smoke117
04-17-2014, 08:56 PM

Mchale is part of the problem. Defense starts first with the coach and Mchale has shown he has no idea about how to implement a competent team defense as I've already mentioned before numerous times.

ABfor3
04-17-2014, 09:05 PM
He's lazy defensively, all Houston fans know it

Milbuck
04-17-2014, 09:12 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/omq8zsh/qcKlxtg6q/randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Ball-stopper on offense, lets the ball move around on D :applause:
How's Curry on D? Heard he was pretty bad.

Myth
04-17-2014, 09:15 PM
I wish he would guard Lillard, but Matthews should get some nice open 3s.

KDthunderup
04-17-2014, 09:21 PM
He gets blown by with ease, even saw him get blown by Sefalosha twice. He bites on every single pump fake and he gets lost constantly.

He is woeful, this is why Harden will never win a chip.

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 09:22 PM
Hopefully he puts effort into it. He can be a good defender it he actually tried.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-17-2014, 09:22 PM
He gets blown by with ease, even saw him get blown by Sefalosha twice. He bites on every single pump fake and he gets lost constantly.

He still has Dwight to somewhat make up for his mistakes.

navy
04-17-2014, 09:23 PM

Claiming a player will never win a chip is the dumb as fvck. :facepalm

KDthunderup
04-17-2014, 09:25 PM
The only way will be if he stayed in a situation like OKC but he will never go back to that because he wants to be #1.

I think it's easy to claim.

Milbuck
04-17-2014, 09:28 PM
He most likely meant Harden won't win a ring as the man, which is without a doubt 100% true. He could definitely ride other players to rings, like he almost did in 2012 behind Durant and Westbrook, and would currently be doing if he stayed in OKC. He could definitely ring chase as a bearded geezer too.

But AS THE MAN...he's not winning anything.

navy
04-17-2014, 09:28 PM
The only way will be if he stayed in a situation like OKC but he will never go back to that because he wants to be #1.

I think it's easy to claim.
No, it's stupid. Anything can happen in the NBA. The rockets could sign another max contract player, James Harden could get traded, or Harden could eventually win a ring when he is older. Hell, James could decide to start playing some defense. You never know.

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 09:33 PM
No, it's stupid. Anything can happen in the NBA. The rockets could sign another max contract player, James Harden could get traded, or Harden could eventually win a ring when he is older. Hell, James could decide to start playing some defense. You never know.
Love you, nig.

ABfor3
04-17-2014, 09:34 PM
My boy Navy

navy
04-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Love you, nig.

My boy Navy

My alternates. :pimp:

Just kidding, Harden's still a flopping scrub, but I can be objective sometimes

Milbuck
04-17-2014, 09:38 PM
LOL "sign another max player"

Yeah, let's clap for the guys who win with Dwight, *Durant, Parsons, Lin, Asik, etc. What a shitty roster. Let's give the guy who wins with that squad instant GOAT status.

*or some other max player

FKAri
04-17-2014, 09:39 PM

A Dirk led team will NEVER win a title.

navy
04-17-2014, 09:40 PM
A Dirk led team will NEVER win a title.
Did you see how Lebron lost to that choker Dirk? Lebron James will never win a ring. No clutch gene. No killer instinct. No drive to win.

Milbuck
04-17-2014, 09:46 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: YES, because James Harden is totally on the same level as Dirk and Lebron. Suggesting that he won't win a ring as the man is just as blasphemous as doing it for Lebron and Dirk, right?

navy
04-17-2014, 09:49 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: YES, because James Harden is totally on the same level as Dirk and Lebron. Suggesting that he won't win a ring as the man is just as blasphemous as doing it for Lebron and Dirk, right?
Suggesting any player wont win a ring is pretty blasphemous to me.

Harden is 24 and has yet to reach his peak. Obviously not on Lebron or Dirk's level, but you never know. :confusedshrug:

navy
04-17-2014, 10:06 PM
They won't do it to other players because Harden is the one with the reputation and he is the player the agenda is surrounded around, though.

Harden is one of the worst defenders in the nba when it comes down to it effort wise. For a contender anyways. It really isnt debatable.

navy
04-17-2014, 10:11 PM
I never said he wasn't but LeBron has had plenty of plays like this and so has Durant, or really any player CARRYING the offense.

ie: Without Dwight, without Wade, without Westbrook, with JR Smith being a chucker... etc.

If you have to score 35 some nights for your team to win, you're bound to save energy for the other side of the court.

Saving energy is fine. Harden is just terrible. He really isnt bad when he puts some effort into it, or he is allowed to stand still. AKA post defense.

DuMa
04-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Kobe did the same shit for many many years and still got on the All-D team.... Harden is just following the formula. I aint saying he terrible on defense because he is but he is choosing to NOT put 100% effort into it.

ABfor3
04-17-2014, 10:19 PM
It's obviously just a lack of effort, it's not like he doesn't know how to play defense..he cares more about offense, as he should because he's putting up 25/5/5 every night. Like rocketswin said, they picked on harden because of his rep..I've seen almost every rockets game and harden is actually a decent defender when he tries. He's not a lockdown type like tony Allen but he's decent. It's just his mindset and maybe even McHale has something to do with it obviously because he hasn't benched him yet.

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 10:22 PM
It's obviously just a lack of effort, it's not like he doesn't know how to play defense..he cares more about offense, as he should because he's putting up 25/5/5 every night. Like rocketswin said, they picked on harden because of his rep..I've seen almost every rockets game and harden is actually a decent defender when he tries. He's not a lockdown type like tony Allen but he's decent. It's just his mindset and maybe even McHale has something to do with it obviously because he hasn't benched him yet.
Agree. James Harden just needs a coach that motivates him to play defense. McHale definitely doesn't do it.

If he starts to play good, or atleast decent defense... Watch Out.

JohnFreeman
04-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Disgraceful

ABfor3
04-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Agree. James Harden just needs a coach that motivates him to play defense. McHale definitely doesn't do it.

If he starts to play good, or atleast decent defense... Watch Out.
That's what I've been tellin people man, imagine Harden playing consistently on defense, getting on the fast break he's automatic. We've seen spurts of how deadly he can be by getting steals and leading the fast break..imagine that consistently, that's 6 points added to his ppg average.

Graviton
04-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Just imagine how wide his asshole would be if he played like this for Thibs. :oldlol:

I remember Boozer doing this shit, and then Noah looking at Carlos like he was about to stab him.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Noah-Boozer.jpg

Noah: ...

Boozer: I tried man I swear! He was just too fast!

Genaro
04-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Lol at people making excuses. This is flat out embarrassing for Harden or at least suppose to be.
Clearly he don't give a damn about that end of the floor. If he gets tired to play defense just ask out. Being the leading scorer on the team doesn't give you a pass on defense.

SCdac
04-17-2014, 10:42 PM
In many ways lack of motivation is even worse than not having the ability to play great D. It's like a slap in the face to those trying. His effort is laughable. I have seen him try here and there, but here and there ain't enough.

toxicxr6
04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Suggesting any player wont win a ring is pretty blasphemous to me.

Harden is 24 and has yet to reach his peak. Obviously not on Lebron or Dirk's level, but you never know. :confusedshrug:

This is a bad comment too..
Peak is really something that can only be defined once it's a part of history...
Harden may actually be in his peak right now.. Nobody knows this.. He may have already peaked who knows.. I just don't like people saying.. They haven't peaked yet... How does anyone know that?? If it hasn't happened

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Disgraceful
Thats what daddy said when mommy decided to give birth to you. Then he left

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mmhm.gif

chazzy
04-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Kobe did the same shit for many many years and still got on the All-D team.... Harden is just following the formula. I aint saying he terrible on defense because he is but he is choosing to NOT put 100% effort into it.
Big difference is age. No excuse for Harden

JohnFreeman
04-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Thats what daddy said when mommy decided to give birth to you. Then he left

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mmhm.gif
Don't ever try to be funny again, boy.

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Don't ever try to be funny again, boy.
Awww. Are you sad?

You want Milbuck's cucumber to make you stop cwying? You love him, dont you.

JohnFreeman
04-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Awww. Are you sad?

You want Milbuck's cucumber to make you stop cwying? You love him, dont you.
:sleeping

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 11:09 PM
:sleeping
Sleep tight.

You'll need to energy for the B.J. fest you'll be hosting tomorrow.

JohnFreeman
04-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Sleep tight.

You'll need to energy for the B.J. fest you'll be hosting tomorrow.
ok?

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 11:13 PM
ok?
Say something back b*tch. Stop with the stupid ass one-liners

JohnFreeman
04-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Say something back b*tch. Stop with the stupid ass one-liners
nah

Smook A.
04-17-2014, 11:17 PM
nah
Whatever you say

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130212201108/realmofthemadgod/images/e/e3/Reverse-1269602808_creepy.gif

Graviton
04-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Whatever you say

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130212201108/realmofthemadgod/images/e/e3/Reverse-1269602808_creepy.gif
http://i58.tinypic.com/ou732u.gif

YouGotServed
04-17-2014, 11:47 PM
:applause: Look at all these Harden haters. It feels so good to have haters, that means Harden is doing something right. Best SG in the league by far.

Keep hating, I love it.

Droid101
04-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Realistically you could make this video for any player in NBA history. Or any superstar.

1. Go the the players teams games where the other team scored the most points

2. Watch carefully, single out clips

3. Post

Realistcally, there are at least 7-8 minutes of this on every player who's good enough to play 35-38 minutes a game.

They won't do it to other players because Harden is the one with the reputation and he is the player the agenda is surrounded around, though.
No. Look at every time he gets blown by. He's trying to do that "reach-around-after-he-gets-by-for-a-poke-away" and he never once comes close. He isn't even trying man.

Please try to put a video together like this for Ron Artest (ever) or Paul George (this season) or even Kobe (all time!). Heck, even LeBron tries harder on the poke-aways. Please. You couldn't get 1/2 the clips.

Jameerthefear
04-17-2014, 11:55 PM
kobe did the same shit for half his career and is labelled an elite defender lol

Droid101
04-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Seriously, I'm sick of this garbage.

"Wahhh if someone took the time, they could get ANY player looking bad like this!"

Bullshit. Every player has haters. LeBron and Kobe have 10 times the haters that this scrub has, and you won't be able to find anywhere close to an 11+ minute video of un-excusable blow-bys for either of those guys or anyone else in recent memory.

Droid101
04-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Well, I wouldn't get even 3 minutes of Ron Artest playing basketbal, let alone defensive miscues this season.

That's just 3 players, not even adding what Harden did to George this year(Don't feel like checking the actual stats, but he went off on him).

NBA players get socred on.
If Harden were still on OKC you wouldn't have anything to say, period.

Droid101
04-18-2014, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7MQ6lni65Y

Just one example.

George had plenty of miscues in this. Pretty sure he's had plenty more throughout the year.
So, Paul George over-helping on the weak side (not a great move, but is still a positive on defense.. hence over HELPING) is worse than Harden standing still and watching nothing happen or feebly trying a poke-away on an easy blow-by.

Ok.

Once again, if we were talking about a non-Rocket player, you'd have nothing to say on this subject. Pathetic.

secund2nun
04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Sheep fans on Harden: "OMG YOUNG SHOOTING GUARD THAT SCORES POINTS....SUPERSTARRRRRRRRRRRRR"

iTare
04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IOHSj.gif

Jameerthefear
04-18-2014, 12:12 AM
I gurantee Droid wasn't saying shit about Bean straight up not playing defense for years now.

BuffaloBill
04-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Only player to get beat off the dribble by Luke Babbit 8 times in one game

NustABut
04-18-2014, 12:26 AM
I'd rather watch James Harden (Attempt) to play D

Than watch him play offense.

Fudge
04-18-2014, 12:30 AM
This is fcuking disgusting. What a fcuking pathetic display of basketball.

YouGotServed
04-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Seriously, I'm sick of this garbage.

"Wahhh if someone took the time, they could get ANY player looking bad like this!"

Bullshit. Every player has haters. LeBron and Kobe have 10 times the haters that this scrub has, and you won't be able to find anywhere close to an 11+ minute video of un-excusable blow-bys for either of those guys or anyone else in recent memory.

Allow me to translate the post above.

Translation: Whaa!! Whaaa!! Dwight left the Lakers and now we're shitty and can't stand the fact that his team is an elite title contender. Whaaa!! Waaa!!! Somebody call the whambulance!!! I'm having a bitch attack. Hurry.

Warm?

:confusedshrug:

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 04:41 AM
ELEVEN ****ING MINUTES...and there wasn't even any filler or any "questionable" plays. It was play after play, one after another, of Harden looking like a ****ing window licking retard on defense.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 05:00 AM
ELEVEN ****ING MINUTES...and there wasn't even any filler or any "questionable" plays. It was play after play, one after another, of Harden looking like a ****ing window licking retard on defense.
Hey half asian boy, once Jeremy Lin gets traded in the offseason dont ever talk anything Houston related again. Fans like you piss me the f*ck off. Take your Lin stanning somewhere else. I don't even know why you lovers stan this scrub. You LOFs talk shit about the other Rockets player but NEVER realize the guy you root for is actually the biggest scrub in the NBA, Jeremy Lin. Not to mention, this guy is f*cking trashier than trash on defense too. Look in mirror before you talk shit, LOFs. Wack ass hypocrites.

And besides, why do Lin fans care so much about the other Rockets players so much?? Just worry about that scrub Lin. That's the guy all you lovers root for, am I correct?

riseagainst
04-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Lebron is the most unselfish. Giving championships > giving career highs.

brantonli
04-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Saving energy is fine. Harden is just terrible. He really isnt bad when he puts some effort into it, or he is allowed to stand still. AKA post defense.

James Harden does play defence.

Only in the fourth quarter though. He probably thinks there's a rule that say no defence allowed in the first 36 min.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 06:11 AM
James Harden does play defence.

Only in the fourth quarter though. He probably thinks there's a rule that say no defence allowed in the first 36 min.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif
http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lebron-and-Magic-Laughing.gif

YouGotServed
04-18-2014, 06:17 AM
Hey half asian boy, once Jeremy Lin gets traded in the offseason dont ever talk anything Houston related again. Fans like you piss me the f*ck off. Take your Lin stanning somewhere else. I don't even know why you lovers stan this scrub. You LOFs talk shit about the other Rockets player but NEVER realize the guy you root for is actually the biggest scrub in the NBA, Jeremy Lin. Not to mention, this guy is f*cking trashier than trash on defense too. Look in mirror before you talk shit, LOFs. Wack ass hypocrites.

And besides, why do Lin fans care so much about the other Rockets players so much?? Just worry about that scrub Lin. That's the guy all you lovers root for, am I correct?

:lol @ half asian boy.

brantonli
04-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Fan and media standpoint, James Harden's defense comes up and is criticized often. What does he need to do on defense for this team to win big?

(Laughing) What does he have to do on defense? How about play some defense first. I get on James a lot about that. James is a 4th quarter defender. There is no perfect player. LeBron is the greatest player on the planet and has defensive lapses, especially this year but when it's nut-cuttin' time and time to win the game, LeBron guards and so does James. When James gets older and more mature and starts respecting the game more, which he'll do, all this is new to him, being the man, being the star. Next year, the season after, he'll start wrapping his head around playing both ends. Michael Jordan was the same way. Michael didn't guard his early years but then it became more important to him. That time will come for James. When he wants to, he is a tremendous defender. It'll become more important to him and he'll respect it more as he gets older.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=252732

This is from Kelvin Sampson, the Rockets assistant coach who is now the UH coach. He fully admits that Harden barely plays D (And most Rockets fans know this too), but that Harden does play defence in the 4th quarter. The problem is getting him to extend that mentality to the whole game, which unfortunately could take years.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 06:29 AM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=252732

This is from Kelvin Sampson, the Rockets assistant coach who is now the UH coach. He fully admits that Harden barely plays D (And most Rockets fans know this too), but that Harden does play defence in the 4th quarter. The problem is getting him to extend that mentality to the whole game, which unfortunately could take years.
i dont need to listen to a criminal to know that Harden never plays defense and doesnt either in fourth quaters.
they only time he does play defense is when he has a bigger but somehow weaker post up player on him.

brantonli
04-18-2014, 06:54 AM
i dont need to listen to a criminal to know that Harden never plays defense and doesnt either in fourth quaters.
they only time he does play defense is when he has a bigger but somehow weaker post up player on him.

Pretty much. As long as he doesn't need to run around on defence, he does fine. Which is to say, players like JJ Reddick and other good off-ball players would kill him.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Pretty much. As long as he doesn't need to run around on defence, he does fine. Which is to say, players like JJ Reddick and other good off-ball players would kill him.
Matthews could kill him too, but that remains to be seen.
Matthew is like the perfect player to kill harden:coleman:

fiddy
04-18-2014, 07:43 AM
kobe did the same shit for half his career and is labelled an elite defender lol
When kobe played pro ball you were still in your daddys nuts, so stfu

Straight_Ballin
04-18-2014, 07:54 AM
James Harden can't play defense for shit and after watching this video any supporter of this one way type player bearded freak should just re-assess their life and the shitty opinions they have as to what constitutes a good NBA player and what does not.

"But...but....but....he's a rocket and I rep Rockets!"

I don't give a fvck, he's a one way player. Stop supporting this type of laziness at the highest level, or continue to drink dat ether.

Your choice.

Smoke117
04-18-2014, 07:55 AM
To kill a snake you have to bite head off and that's Mchale...they need to get rid of him and hire a coach known for defense or hire an assistant coach to run the defense...but if the head coach is not going to hold players accountable any system is going to crumble. Luckily for the Rockets they don't even have a defensive system to crumble yet. I'd say fire Mchale as I think he's incompetent as shit, but that's me.

Dro
04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
And this is the guy thats supposed to be better than PG? rofl....You've got people saying they should get rid of Harden, yet he's better than PG...Alrighty then....

Mr Exlax
04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
To kill a snake you have to bite head off and that's Mchale...they need to get rid of him and hire a coach known for defense or hire an assistant coach to run the defense...but if the head coach is not going to hold players accountable any system is going to crumble. Luckily for the Rockets they don't even have a defensive system to crumble yet. I'd say fire Mchale as I think he's incompetent as shit, but that's me.

Came in to say this. If we lose to Portland in the first round because of the shit defence we play most times, I think McHale gets the axe.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Still a huge mistake for OKC trading him. They will never win a title.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Still a huge mistake for OKC trading him. They will never win a title.

Harden represents the exact opposite type of guy someone would think to add to the Thunder currently.

You really think anyone would be coming up with trades to improve the roster and say..."you know what...the thunder would be unstoppable if they added a 3rd ball dominant perimeter player that plays absolutely no defense"

They were right to trade him and they got back exactly what they should have.

OKC has made other mistakes in my opinion on a few things, but the Harden trade isn't one of them.

Let's just continue to ignore that the Thunder got better.

2012...47-19...2nd best offense and 11th best defense
2013...60-22...best offense and 4th best defense
2014...59-23....6th best offense and 6th best defense

All while continuing to build around a big 3 and not a redundant big 4 if they had kept Harden. They have more young assets and role players (exactly what they need) and way more financial flexibility going forward as well.

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
:facepalm Why do people assume Harden was ball dominant in OKC? He is arguably not even ball dominant in Houston as a 26% USG rate is moderate as hell for a star player.
And Harden is much more than a "ball-cominant player, that plays no defense". Having a guy that can turn a terrible team into a top 10 team in NBA off your bench is a huge advantage. And OKC is lacking a third option like hell right now :oldlol:

Ibaka can't create his own shot and the rest are either inconsistent, old, bad.

Dude...I like Harden...it's just not a good fit on OKC...it's a chemistry thing. You saw these chemistry issues start in 2011...and they were only going to get worse.

Do people not understand why you don't want 3 guys like Durant, WB, and Harden on the same team? It's a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns....not one of them could play at an optimal level.

And you don't need a great 3rd option that can create his own shot...especially not on a team like the Thunder. Ibaka is perfect. They need his stretch shooting the way they play and the fact that he defends so well is huge for them.

Harden does play shit defense as well...it's just the truth.

I'll say it again...nobody would be looking to improve the Thunder by trading for Harden right now. It's the last thing they need.

It was a good trade for the Thunder and a great trade for the Rockets.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 11:07 AM
:facepalm Why do people assume Harden was ball dominant in OKC? He is arguably not even ball dominant in Houston as a 26% USG rate is moderate as hell for a star player.
And Harden is much more than a "ball-cominant player, that plays no defense". Having a guy that can turn a terrible team into a top 10 team in NBA off your bench is a huge advantage. And OKC is lacking a third option like hell right now :oldlol:

Ibaka can't create his own shot and the rest are either inconsistent, old, bad.
WOW.
Just WOW
WOW

Chicago Brawls
04-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Harden should start paying for those tickets.

He's got the best seats in the house.

AnaheimLakers24
04-18-2014, 12:06 PM
anyone can win. i mea just the las two years the refs and ray gifted some colluding loser a few rings

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:20 PM
And he still shut down Kobe in the 2012 playoffs :roll:

Kobe was defended by Sefalosha, one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. He only put up 39 7 4 on 45% in the last 3 games of that series.

Frozen1
04-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Best SG in the game.

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Kobe was defended by Sefalosha, one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. He only put up 39 7 4 on 45% in the last 3 games of that series.

http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/images/ether.jpg

btw there's a reason why harden is a franchise player with max contract while sefalosha is sefalosha and iggy is iggy,

hint: defense is overrated in ISH

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Kobe put up 39 7 4 on 45% in the last 3 games of that series.
:biggums:

Dro
04-18-2014, 01:26 PM
http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/images/ether.jpg

btw there's a reason why harden is a franchise player with max contract while sefalosha is sefalosha and iggy is iggy,

hint: defense is overrated in ISH
Good thing its not actually overrated in the NBA...

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 01:40 PM

LOL wtf does Lin have to do with Harden being a ****ing disgrace on defense.

Harden fans are so insecure.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 02:17 PM
LOL wtf does Lin have to do with Harden being a ****ing disgrace on defense.

Harden fans are so insecure.
Because Lin sucks just as much on defense you dumbass.

Lin fans: ohhhhh let's make fun of the other rockets players and just ignore what lin does because we love him

Lin is garbage

DMAVS41
04-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Thye are literally depending on Reggie Jakcson and Lamb to end up combining to be HIM one day. But the last thing they need is great production off of the bench............................

Actually, the last thing they need is Westbrook making decisions down the stretch to close games and not Harden. Harden's most underrated intangible is his clutch gene. He used to bail them out time and time again with clutch shots and does it for Houston to this day.

This season will be their first real season without Harden in the playoffs so we'll see how they fare. If they're better without harden like you think, they'll coast to the Finals and WIN IT.

This is just an argument for trading WB instead of Harden...which i actually wasn't against. But one of them had to go...one might argue that WB should have been traded because you could get more value for him than Harden.

And I'm cool with that...but you don't keep them both. It does not make financial sense and it doesn't even make basketball sense.

They aren't trying to "replace" Harden...they don't want another Harden. That isn't how you build a team around WB/Durant...you don't want another guy that needs to score a lot to play at his optimal level. You want toughness, defense, rebounding, and shooting around those guys. You want to let WB and Durant go all out...be who they are. Having Harden there is just a perfect example of diminishing returns for all 3 of them. It wasn't going to work long term.

The Thunder made the trade. Gave themselves a year of Martin so they could still win the title in 13...which they could have if WB didn't get hurt.
Then they got to move forward with some of their younger players this year and develop them...and by the playoffs next year...you are going to see them far more dependent on Lamb/Adams/Jones...and perhaps they will make a trade with their picks to get another solid player in.

That is how you build a team properly. Presti has given WB and Durant everything they need on the court to win a title in 12, 13, and 14...and they have a bright future as well...that is very rare. If they don't get injured...the Thunder will have one of the longest title windows I've ever seen...and honestly, we should probably count 11 as a year as well as they made the WCF and actually barely lost all those games. You could really see a title window, if you count 11...from 11 through 21 or longer. That is nuts...

Not only that, but the team is built properly...and once Perkins is up and they improve the center position with Adams and whoever else they get...they will be even better and could be scary dominant. Harden instead of a slew of role players and better center play is simply not worth it all...especially when you factor in the chemistry issues and financial concerns and Harden's utter lack of effort on defense that the Thunder were clearly aware of.

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 02:52 PM

Lin fans: ohhhhh let's make fun of the other rockets players and just ignore what lin does because we love him

Lin is garbage

Harden makes Lin look like Alvin Robertson and Gary Payton combined.

That's not saying much, though, since we ARE talking about harden here. I bet I could score on him.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Harden makes Lin look like Alvin Robertson and Gary Payton combined.

That's not saying much, though, since we ARE talking about harden here. I bet I could score on him.
You can't score on him. Stick to Kung Fu, Joe.

shoops
04-18-2014, 03:15 PM

Lol no, not even close. At least try to show a shred of objectivity.

Just face it, Harden is extremely talented on the offensive end, but his defense is completely something else.

AirFederer
04-18-2014, 03:22 PM
The team should beat him up collectively. :rant

wally_world
04-18-2014, 04:14 PM
The 'poke the ball from behind' move is for the playgrounds. NBA handles are too good.

Love how he automatically raises his hand after his man scores too :oldlol:

oarabbus
04-18-2014, 04:17 PM
The 'poke the ball from behind' move is for the playgrounds. NBA handles are too good.

:lol

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 04:40 PM

:roll: Dumbest thing said here in a while :oldlol:

UK2K
04-18-2014, 04:52 PM
James Harden can't play defense for shit and after watching this video any supporter of this one way type player bearded freak should just re-assess their life and the shitty opinions they have as to what constitutes a good NBA player and what does not.

"But...but....but....he's a rocket and I rep Rockets!"

I don't give a fvck, he's a one way player. Stop supporting this type of laziness at the highest level, or continue to drink dat ether.

Your choice.
Um... scoreboard?

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 05:25 PM
:roll: Dumbest thing said here in a while :oldlol:
Shut the **** up. You're annoying as shit.

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 05:32 PM
What's crazy about that 11 minute clip is that the entire thing was taken from just their last three or four games. Imagine if the vid creator went back through the entire season. Shit would be longer than Return of the King Uncut Extended Edition.

YouGotServed
04-18-2014, 05:35 PM

*looks at username*

Yeah, he madd Dwight left L.A.

:yaohappy:

Droid101
04-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Shut the **** up. You're annoying as shit.
Milbuck, you gonna take this? I thought you told me to take him off ignore?

Not scoring any early points here.

Jameerthefear
04-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Droid, shut your old senile ass up.

UK2K
04-18-2014, 06:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRYUSS6_-FU

Lalalalalalalalalalalalala

hitmanyr2k
04-18-2014, 06:19 PM

Pippen used to do that all the time but then again he was on his man tight and had that insanely long wingspan.

I think that's Harden's version of "my bad". Unfortunately I think the Rockets see that quite a bit.

LakersFan626
04-18-2014, 06:19 PM

During the championship years he played top notch defense all year, especially the Kobe/Shaq dynasty. In 04-07 he had Luke Walton, Sasha, Brian Cook, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Jumaine Jones, Shammond Williams, Chucky Atkins, Laron Profit, etc. as his teammates, and in his last two years he had Josh McRoberts, Troy Murphy, Jason Kapono, Chris Duhon, Darius Morris, etc. as teammates and playing big minutes because of injuries. With all that "help", I can see why he played bad defense half of his career. I mean, Lamar Odom, old Steve Nash, old Jamison, and MWP were main secondary scoring options for big stretches of that time!

Harden has DWIGHT HOWARD and Chandler Parsons, who are better players than any of Kobe's teammates listed except for Odom, who Parsons is at the level of, and Harden had the same record with him as #2 option last year that Kobe did with Odom in 05-06. Players like Lin and Beverley are also VERY good role players...

iznogood
04-18-2014, 06:26 PM

James Harden's defense makes Jeremy Lin look like Tony Allen.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 06:36 PM

I was on your ignore list? tf? :biggums:

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 06:37 PM
James Harden's defense makes Jeremy Lin look like Tony Allen.
I doubt you've been watching the Rockets games this year.

Lin is pretty bad.

iznogood
04-18-2014, 06:40 PM
As a matter of fact, I do. Lin is not perfect on defense and will get blown by, but he shows effort most of the time. Harden on the other hand has the ability to be pretty good on defense when he wants, but rarely gives an effort.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 06:44 PM
As a matter of fact, I do. Lin is not perfect on defense and will get blown by, but he shows effort most of the time. Harden on the other hand has the ability to be pretty good on defense when he wants, but rarely gives an effort.
At times Lin lets his man blow him by but I guess other times he's alright.

Harden needs to give more effort. He's already good at scoring, passing, rebounding (for his size) and can get a good amount of steals.

His averages for the season were 25.4 ppg, 6.1 apg, 4.7 rpg, and 2 spg. If he plays better defense, then to me he's a top 5 player in the league.

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Harden plays defense like he's high.

brantonli
04-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Pippen used to do that all the time but then again he was on his man tight and had that insanely long wingspan.

I think that's Harden's version of "my bad". Unfortunately I think the Rockets see that quite a bit.

Unfortunately, that seems to be Harden's idea of defence, allowing the guy to blow by him and trying to reach in for the steal.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Harden plays defense like he's high.
Lin plays offense like he has no eyes. Can't make an open layup.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Lin plays offense like he has no eyes. Can't make an open layup.
reported for racism:coleman:

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 07:02 PM

:oldlol: He collapses like James Harden in the 2012 Finals every time he gets in a discussion with me, but aside from that he's still a good dude. Dumb as bricks and shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects, but a good dude nonetheless.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Jeremy Lin is a top 5 defensive PG in the league and arguably the best team defender as a PG.
he blocked 7 footers at least 10 times this season alone.
beverley is only playing because harden wants the ball all the time and to appease harden, who has requested that lin shall be removed out of the starting lineup.
its that simple

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:11 PM
:oldlol: He collapses like James Harden in the 2012 Finals every time he gets in a discussion with me, but aside from that he's still a good dude. Dumb as bricks and shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects, but a good dude nonetheless.
Where dafuq were you when I explained how Harden can score without free throws yesterday? No reply after my post.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:12 PM
reported for racism:coleman:
I wasn't being racist. You took it that way because Lin is asian.

Droid101
04-18-2014, 07:12 PM
:cheers:

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
You actually believe him when he says im dumb? He's just saying stupid shit to make me look bad.

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM
You actually believe him when he says im dumb? He's just saying stupid shit to make me look bad.
Relax friend. Don't get caught up in things that don't concern you, and just contribute to the thread.

Now, what is your argument that James Harden is NOT a repulsive, thoroughly awful defender?

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Relax friend. Don't get caught up in things that don't concern you, and just contribute to the thread.

Now, what is your argument that James Harden is NOT a repulsive, thoroughly awful defender?
He IS a bad defender. When the hell did I say he wasn't?

All I said is if he put more effort into, he could be better.

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 07:19 PM
He IS a bad defender.

Nothing else to see here folks.

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Then what the **** are you arguing with everyone for?

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Then what the **** are you arguing with everyone for?
My arguments were with you about Lin, and that little kid JohnFreeman.

oarabbus
04-18-2014, 07:44 PM

He's not just a bad defender, he is one of the worst defensive 2 guards in the league, and possibly the worst defender out of all top 10 players in the league. That is the main point being made.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:44 PM
He's not just a bad defender, he is one of the worst defensive 2 guards in the league, and possibly the worst defender out of all top 10 players in the league. That is the main point being made.
True. I hope he can improve it. He can be good if he tried.

oarabbus
04-18-2014, 07:45 PM
True. I hope he can improve it. He can be good if he tried.

I've seen him block 3pt attempts (:wtf: ) which is quite impressive but just the fact he does what he does in this vid then WALKS back on defense after not getting a call... it's disgusting. How is Dwight not in Harden's face every game?

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 07:50 PM
I've seen him block 3pt attempts (:wtf: ) which is quite impressive but just the fact he does what he does in this vid then WALKS back on defense after not getting a call... it's disgusting. How is Dwight not in Harden's face every game?
Real question is why isn't McHale isnt in his face.

If I was the coach, i'd get in Harden's face. I'd want him to play defense

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 07:51 PM
My arguments were with you about Lin, and that little kid JohnFreeman.

Dafuq?

I didn't even bring up Lin. YOU did.

You might want to up the dosage on your meds.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Lin has fans?

Dude is scrub :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
04-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Why the hell do people defend Lin so much?

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Dafuq?

I didn't even bring up Lin. YOU did.

You might want to up the dosage on your meds.
I did because you were being a hypocrite

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Lin has fans?

Dude is scrub :oldlol:
99% of them are asian

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Why the hell do people defend Lin so much?

He misses wide open layups, turns the ball over almost evey possession, can't shoot and is consistently inconsistent.

UK2K
04-18-2014, 08:13 PM

He did rip David Lee, when Lee tried to back him down, then hit the game winning jumper in a 20 second span.

He did do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3-G0F7maUo

If you want a reminder.

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Harden just has too many defensive flaws...and he's lazy.

He'll never be a good defender. Ever. He doesn't have the fundamentals (he seriously looks like he's never played D in his life), nor is he physically gifted (doesn't have long arms, is not quick footed), and he's lazy and lacks focus.

The best you can hope for Harden is that he gains some idea of the fundamentals and becomes less of a negative factor on D...or whatever team he plays on gets a 3 that is a lock down defender (Parsons is NOT that guy).

The reason why no one knew what a shitty defender he was in OKC is because he had Westbrook and Sefalosha doing all the defending. In Houston...it's more apparent because he plays much more in terms of minutes and Parsons/Beverley/Lin isn't close to the defensive impact of a Sefalosha/Westbrook.

I'll give Harden one thing. He is a decent post defender. And this is why he had the "label" of a Kobe stopper. Kobe loves to post and kept trying to do so against Harden. And it's not even like Harden stopped him...he just had a few plays where he got some big stops on Kobe and it's like everyone went, "OMG HARDEN IS A KOBE STOPPER OMG"

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 08:25 PM

He misses wide open layups, turns the ball over almost evey possession, can't shoot and is consistently inconsistent.
2,7 turnovers per game:biggums:
shoots 36 % from three including 1-2 harden last second bail outs EVERY game
83 % FT shooter:biggums:
GTFO

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Harden just has too many defensive flaws...and he's lazy.

He'll never be a good defender. Ever. He doesn't have the fundamentals (he seriously looks like he's never played D in his life), nor is he physically gifted (doesn't have long arms, is not quick footed), and he's lazy and lacks focus.

The best you can hope for Harden is that he gains some idea of the fundamentals and becomes less of a negative factor on D...or whatever team he plays on gets a 3 that is a lock down defender (Parsons is NOT that guy).

The reason why no one knew what a shitty defender he was in OKC is because he had Westbrook and Sefalosha doing all the defending. In Houston...it's more apparent because he plays much more in terms of minutes and Parsons/Beverley/Lin isn't close to the defensive impact of a Sefalosha/Westbrook.

I'll give Harden one thing. He is a decent post defender. And this is why he had the "label" of a Kobe stopper. Kobe loves to post and kept trying to do so against Harden. And it's not even like Harden stopped him...he just had a few plays where he got some big stops on Kobe and it's like everyone went, "OMG HARDEN IS A KOBE STOPPER OMG"
24 years old. I think he can improve.

I do think he's a good post defender too so i'll agree with that last part.

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 08:29 PM
2,7 turnovers per game:biggums:
shoots 36 % from three including 1-2 harden last second bail outs EVERY game
83 % FT shooter:biggums:
GTFO
He's been TERRIBLE these last few months. He was good at the start of the season but he's been slumping since then.

Genaro
04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
http://puu.sh/8ej3i.jpg

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 08:38 PM
24 years old. I think he can improve.

I do think he's a good post defender too so i'll agree with that last part.

He's young...I'll give him that. But, I don't like his attitude on D. This is the NBA...you're not stopping the guy in front of you night in and night out. Even the best defenders get burned and beat. But Harden acts like he just doesn't care. Like he's got better things to do than be bothered with defending.

It's his attitude, not his physical ability, that is my main reason for not thinking he will ever be a good defender.

McHale takes a lot of the blame for this...he coddles Harden too much. Too afraid of pissing off the franchise player.

I would LOVE for Harden to go play for Thibs or Pops...THAT would be a sight to see.

KungFuJoe
04-18-2014, 08:40 PM
He's been TERRIBLE these last few months. He was good at the start of the season but he's been slumping since then.

We talking about Lin again?

He's a former D league player who is putting up a respectable 12/13 ppg on pretty good efficiency while not even being the 3rd option. Yeah, he got that killer contract...but blame Morey...not Lin.

At least Lin ain't no Tebow. He belongs in the league...as a starter...as a bench player...either way...he belongs. Not bad for a skinny ass asian dude who couldn't even get a Div I scholarship.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 09:00 PM

Every guy on him is having and and-one highlight reel session my godness

sc19
04-18-2014, 10:41 PM
He's on par with Kobe's defense. But he won't get overrated to All-D First Team.

Fudge
04-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Fcuking disgusting to the game of basketball. This is y'all franchise player, Rocket fans?

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Who the hell made this video?

Why don't people do this other bad defenders in the nba, smh. All the attention is going to Harden

UK2K
04-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Fcuking disgusting to the game of basketball. This is y'all franchise player, Rocket fans?
Yes and hes taking us to the finals.

PistonsFan#21
04-18-2014, 11:41 PM
''The only defense James Harden will play is against a razor and shaving cream.''

:lol

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Would be awesome.

#Faith

Fudge
04-18-2014, 11:44 PM

Smook A.
04-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Nothing wrong for having faith in your favorite team.

Milbuck
04-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Nothing wrong for having faith in your favorite team.
There is when it's blatant delusion. He ought to be straight-jacketed and locked in a padded cell far from civilization for saying something like that.

Smook A.
04-19-2014, 12:20 AM
There is when it's blatant delusion. He ought to be straight-jacketed and locked in a padded cell far from civilization for saying something like that.
Then what should happen to you for saying Giannis is future GOAT?

Lol. As I said before, nothing wrong for having faith in your fav team.

Fudge
04-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Snook, I think you're cool and all, but don't make me bust you in the lip. Just ask Kingwillball.

Quit acting foolish.

Smook A.
04-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Snook, I think you're cool and all, but don't make me bust you in the lip. Just ask Kingwillball.

Quit acting foolish.
Brah, I love my team too much doe.

KungFuJoe
04-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Nothing wrong with loving your team.

Still doesn't change the fact that no way in hell Houston gets out of the West alive.

YouGotServed
04-19-2014, 07:19 PM

:applause: True fan right here folks. Respect.

Milbuck
04-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Franchise player repeatedly disappears like a little bitch...and no one gives a shit about him or the team enough to criticize him :oldlol:

Finals doe!

YouGotServed
04-19-2014, 07:26 PM
How to pick a genuine Hall of Famer = Find the guy/s that everyone attacks as soon as they have a bad game.

:applause:

food for thought

bballnoob1192
04-19-2014, 07:57 PM
this ***** roaming the paint like he is some defensive big lmfao

Smook A.
04-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Now why the **** would I want to do that?
You're really really hard to talk to.

finchyyy
04-24-2014, 12:15 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/harden.jpg

becken
04-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Even worse than Durant

Dro
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
What's crazy about that 11 minute clip is that the entire thing was taken from just their last three or four games. Imagine if the vid creator went back through the entire season. Shit would be longer than Return of the King Uncut Extended Edition.
Proof? Because if thats true then :biggums:

Dro
04-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Even worse than Durant
:biggums: Durant is a good defender..

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 08:47 AM
:no:

KDthunderup
04-29-2014, 08:48 AM
on ball yes

off ball not really and that mostly just comes down to poor concentration. Westbrook is the same as KD who is a good on ball defender but has plenty of off ball lapses.

Dro
04-29-2014, 09:09 AM
on ball yes

off ball not really and that mostly just comes down to poor concentration. Westbrook is the same as KD who is a good on ball defender but has plenty of off ball lapses.
Ok, fair enough but noway does he deserved to be mentioned with Harden as far as defense goes...

KDthunderup
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Ok, fair enough but noway does he deserved to be mentioned with Harden as far as defense goes...
Of course. Harden is a disgusting defender.

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Harden>>>>any of the crap OKC got in that trade:oldlol: