PDA

View Full Version : 5 Real Statements for Real G's on Good Friday!

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Tired of newjacks and fresh faced newbies spouting nonsense and kicking the science like you were around to drop knowledge on the NBA. If you were not around too see certain players, how are you going to make judgements about them.

1. Don't care how many points Dirk scores, Larry Legend was a much better player on both ends of the court.. Taking Bird everday all day..

2. 1. Shaq was the most physically dominant player of the last 40 years from 2000-2003. He was close to 370 pounds and ran like a deer and once he got in the lane it was an automatic dunk. That being said, Duncan was better player for the their concurrent careers because he played both sides of the game.

3. Although Kobe Bryant has been the closest thing to Michael Jordan physically because he bit all of Mikes's moves, but he did not have the heart of a warrior or champion like Mike. He did not instill the sense of fear into plaayers like Jordan nor was he as tough mentally.

4. Lebron James and Kevin Durant are highly underrated talents. I think if video games didnt exist people would perceived them differently. These two are ungodly out of this world talents who have no peers physically. Enjoy them without denigrating their accomplishments.

5. Allen iverson was the biggest waste of talent ever. Coaching and playing wise, he should have been in the discussion of best point guard ever. But his selffishness ruined his career, legacy, pockets, and game.

SexSymbol
04-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Tired of newjacks and fresh faced newbies spouting nonsense and kicking the science like you were around to drop knowledge on the NBA. If you were not around too see certain players, how are you going to make judgements about them.

1. Don't care how many points Dirk scores, Larry Legend was a much better player on both ends of the court.. Taking Bird everday all day..

2. 1. Shaq was the most physically dominant player of the last 40 years from 2000-2003. He was close to 370 pounds and ran like a deer and once he got in the lane it was an automatic dunk. That being said, Duncan was better player for the their concurrent careers because he played both sides of the game.

3. Although Kobe Bryant has been the closest thing to Michael Jordan physically because he bit all of Mikes's moves, but he did not have the heart of a warrior or champion like Mike. He did not instill the sense of fear into plaayers like Jordan nor was he as tough mentally.

4. Lebron James and Kevin Durant are highly underrated talents. I think if video games didnt exist people would perceived them differently. These two are ungodly out of this world talents who have no peers physically. Enjoy them without denigrating their accomplishments.

5. Allen iverson was the biggest waste of talent ever. Coaching and playing wise, he should have been in the discussion of best point guard ever. But his selffishness ruined his career, legacy, pockets, and game.

Kobe has a greater work ethic than MJ.
AI wasn't selfish, he's just a great player.
We have a lot of underrated player, especially bob pettit
Agree on Shaqtus.
Dirk is a similar player to Bird scoring wise.

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Kobe has a greater work ethic than MJ.
AI wasn't selfish, he's just a great player.
We have a lot of underrated player, especially bob pettit
Agree on Shaqtus.
Dirk is a similar player to Bird scoring wise.

Kobe did not have a greater work ethic than Jordan. AI was selfish. Could have average 25 and ten but he was a knucklehead.

NustABut
04-18-2014, 09:54 AM
It really didn't help AI that for the majority of his prime, his 2nd options were guys like Aaron Mckie, Eric Snow and and an out of prime Dikembe.

You can't deny the fact that he may be pound for pound the best scorer, or at least top 3 P4P scorers. Sure he could have taken a few less shots and made some extra passes, but with his supporting cast.... Don't think it would have made that much of a difference. I mean... Have you seen his 00-01 roster? The only other players that you could have replaced AI with that could lead them to 56-26, that is a short list IMO...

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
It really didn't help AI that for the majority of his prime, his 2nd options were guys like Aaron Mckie, Eric Snow and and an out of prime Dikembe.

You can't deny the fact that he may be pound for pound the best scorer, or at least top 3 P4P scorers. Sure he could have taken a few less shots and made some extra passes, but with his supporting cast.... Don't think it would have made that much of a difference. I mean... Have you seen his 00-01 roster? The only other players that you could have replaced AI with that could lead them to 56-26, that is a short list IMO...

George Karl said he was a coach killer and possesion stealer. Had Carmelo and could not get out of the first round.

HylianNightmare
04-18-2014, 10:52 AM
agree with all but 5, i'm an AI stan though so it's not surprising

smoovegittar
04-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Agree on most of your points. AI was much better than you perceive him, and coach Karl is a player killer. Also, I don't think Durant and LeBron are the super heroes you make them out to be - even tho they are the best 2 active players in the game currently. Kobe was no Jordan, but I still think he's better than LeBron or Durant. Just my opinion, bro.

Dro
04-18-2014, 11:00 AM

Agree on all points...:applause:

3peated
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
if AI was more willing to change and listen earlier (he said this himself) his career would have played out much differently

AnaheimLakers24
04-18-2014, 11:11 AM
op sounds like hes 15 who just saw a bunch of old youtube clips

Dro
04-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Figured someone would come in and troll the thread..How about responding to his thread or disputing his points? What a novel idea. This is actually a good thread, be nice if it didn't get derailed like all the other ones...

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 11:27 AM

you got it backward,
kobe got the heart and tough mentality,
but MJ just a bigger, faster, more athletic freak

Dro
04-18-2014, 11:37 AM
you got it backward,
Kobe does not have more heart or mental toughness..Could you please explain why you think he does?

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
If you gonna keep it real...keep it MUtha Faking real...

1.Bird was a little overrated because he was white

2. Shaq was Big and played against some of the weakest Big Men ever in the NBA Finals...seriously Todd Mulcullogh and Old Azz Mutumbo.....Duncan is better I agree 100%

3.Literally No one who has played against Kobe and MJ ( I'm talking about REAL NBA players) would ever say this. In Fact 99% of Pro ballers Give Kobe respect as the hardest working player of his generation and GOAT player of his generation....MJ himself said Kobe is the only player that deserves to be compared to him.

Kobe and MJ are similar players with similar results...MJ just had bigger hands

4. Lebron and KD are gifted players....too bad Lebron made the biggest B!tch move in Sports History , for that we can degrade him for the decision till the cows come home........KD needs to rack up Titles or he will go down as a Oklahoma version of the texas David Robinson.

5. AI actually surpassed his god given talents...he transcended the game, his personality and style went beyond basketball...for that was greater then anything he did on the court.

AnaheimLakers24
04-18-2014, 12:09 PM
alpha wolf shitting on these stupid threads again. faggt op acting like he didnt start watching after 2011

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:16 PM
1. Bird was a better all-around player, we all know that

2. Shaq was the most physically dominant Center & Duncan was certainly a better player than him

3. Are you crazy? Did you even watch the NBA during Kobe's peak?

4. Underrated? They are the most talked about NBA players & get the most hype. Both are top 10 all-time talents & are going to end up next to MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan.

5. Everyone knows this. He had the talent to put up 20 & 10 every night & instead of chucking 1000+ jumpers every season, he could have worked on his defense a little more, definitely had potential to be top 3 PG all-time.

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 12:27 PM
you got it backward,

Kobe had no heart..He was a front running suburb geek who got punked by the Pistons. Can you imagine if he had to play against the bad boys? I would love to see Kobe play on a team where he had no bigs....

Larry Bird was not overrrated. He was a straight unrepented fearless Hick who had unparallled basketball skills.. A real straight up baller and all time great.

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Kobe had no heart..

Stop posting.

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Kobe had no heart..He was a front running suburb geek who got punked by the Pistons. Can you imagine if he had to play against the bad boys? I would love to see Kobe play on a team where he had no bigs....

Larry Bird was not overrrated. He was a straight unrepented fearless Hick who had unparallled basketball skills.. A real straight up baller and all time great.

Blasphemy....How can you say this?......

especially when MJ grew up in the White suburb section of Wilmington....

I mean at least Kobe was smashing Brandy :confusedshrug:

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/thinkpositive/woman_may_sue_over_stolen_michael_jordan_love_lett er.jpg

vs

http://www.thefunkylocker.com/images/kobe-brandy2.jpg

and his Bull's teams routinely got merked by the Pistons in the playoff's.

come on son...keep it 100%

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:37 PM
http://www.thefunkylocker.com/images/kobe-brandy2.jpg

and his Bull's teams routinely got merked by the Pistons in the playoff's.

come on son...keep it 100%

I bet Brandy gave amazing head

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Kobe does not have more heart or mental toughness..Could you please explain why you think he does?

you could always google it : toughest nba player

i.e.
http://sportsranks.net/top-5-toughest-nba-players/6/

most would rank kobe #1, will tell you how kobe playing through shit load of injury,

do i need to repeat how last year, he was carrying his stupid ass team with dwight coward smiling and have fun when losing, while he, in his 17th years, playing 48 minutes a game, having one of the best strecth in his career (stat wise), until his torn his achiles completely, oh he still walk out and sunk 2 FT,dragging his feet. he singlehandedly carrying lakers to playoff last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxIs5Jx_oQ

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SfyD_Q7eQzI/UXQQaPFGz3I/AAAAAAAAAXs/SW3I_ZhwgMI/s1600/main2_Kobe_rules_all_zpsa03b272c.jpg

and jordan what? retiring and quitting because his dad was killed?

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I bet Brandy gave amazing head

yup she Got DSL's....Brandy was Lucky....I mean Kobe was Lucky.

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 12:41 PM
1. Bird was a better all-around player, we all know that

2. Shaq was the most physically dominant Center & Duncan was certainly a better player than him

3. Are you crazy? Did you even watch the NBA during Kobe's peak?4. Underrated? They are the most talked about NBA players & get the most hype. Both are top 10 all-time talents & are going to end up next to MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan.

5. Everyone knows this. He had the talent to put up 20 & 10 every night & instead of chucking 1000+ jumpers every season, he could have worked on his defense a little more, definitely had potential to be top 3 PG all-time.

If any other top ten player played with Shaq for almost ten years would have more than 3 titles with him.

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:45 PM

all hypothetical, you could also said: bran get punked by fat boris diaw, he would get eaten alive by bla bla

it was a bad series, everyone has at least one,
like lebron in 2011, kobe wasnt himself in 2004, with all the feud with shaq and phil, accused of rape, etc.

and why the fuq you need to play on the team with no big :biggums:

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:48 PM
If any other top ten player played with Shaq for almost ten years would have more than 3 titles with him.

i know youre just someone's sock account that trolling,
i dont know why im still responding, guess i just bored

if this if that if if if if :rolleyes:

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Stop posting.

Kobe lost to team with no hall of famers and is a 6"7 Allen Iverson who played with more talent... Anyone who thinks Kobe is as good as Mike Jordan is a newjack with baby milk breath.

westsideozzie
04-18-2014, 12:49 PM
all hypothetical, you could also said: bran get punked by fat boris diaw, he would get eaten alive by bla bla

it was a bad series, everyone has at least one,
like lebron in 2011, kobe wasnt himself in 2004, with all the feud with shaq and phil, accused of rape, etc.

and why the fuq you need to play on the team with no big :biggums:

Scottie and Mike did it... Whats your point......

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Scottie and Mike did it... Whats your point......

no, whats your point, you know there's 5 position in nba right? and there's 2 big man spot? why the fuq you need to play with no big to prove something, are you retard or what :lol

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Kobe lost to team with no hall of famers and is a 6"7 Allen Iverson who played with more talent... Anyone who thinks Kobe is as good as Mike Jordan is a newjack with baby milk breath.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kobe-gif.gif

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:53 PM
need to go,

someone play with op before he got banned :cheers:

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:53 PM

8 years is not almost 10

and Kobe was drafted at 17 years old, Phil came to the Lakers in 1999 and they won the title the first season he was there. Kobe hit his prime when Shaq got old and fat and was traded to Miami :confusedshrug:

They made 4 Finals in 5 seasons with Phil there and won 3 in a row, Duncan couldn't even make it to the Finals more than once in a row, Magic only won 5 out of 9 Finals, despite having a more stacked cast than Kobe and just as good of a coach in Pat Riley, are you discrediting him for having 2 guys on the roster that won the FMVP over him, especially with Kareem being 38 years old, winning a FMVP over PRIME Magic?

Shaq had Penny and they got murked in the Finals by past-prime Hakeem & Drexler. Shaq only won 1 ring in Miami and got swept in the 1st round of the Playoffs with prime Wade, also missed the Playoffs with Steve Nash. Was an early Playoff exit with Lebron. Shaq needed to play with a closer, a guy with real mental toughness to close out the big games (2000 WCF Game 7, 2000 Finals Game 4 OT, 2002 WCF Game 7, 2006 Finals).

The hate for Kobe after all these years is hilarious. I'd get it if he was in his prime and was a threat to Lebron or KD, I'd get the hate.

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 12:54 PM
8 years is not almost 10

and Kobe was drafted at 17 years old, Phil came to the Lakers in 1999 and they won the title the first season he was there. Kobe hit his prime when Shaq got old and fat and was traded to Miami :confusedshrug:

They made 4 Finals in 5 seasons with Phil there and won 3 in a row, Duncan couldn't even make it to the Finals more than once in a row, Magic only won 5 out of 9 Finals, despite having a more stacked cast than Kobe and just as good of a coach in Pat Riley, are you discrediting him for having 2 guys on the roster that won the FMVP over him, especially with Kareem being 38 years old, winning a FMVP over PRIME Magic?

Shaq had Penny and they got murked in the Finals by past-prime Hakeem & Drexler. Shaq only won 1 ring in Miami and got swept in the 1st round of the Playoffs with prime Wade, also missed the Playoffs with Steve Nash. Was an early Playoff exit with Lebron. Shaq needed to play with a closer, a guy with real mental toughness to close out the big games (2000 WCF Game 7, 2000 Finals Game 4 OT, 2002 WCF Game 7, 2006 Finals).

The hate for Kobe after all these years is hilarious. I'd get it if he was in his prime and was a threat to Lebron or KD, I'd get the hate.

lol at you taking OP serious...

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
lol at you taking OP serious...

It's not just aimed at OP, a bunch of kids actually feel this way about Kobe. I'm a quick typer so it took me literally a minute to type that ish, just letting y'all know how it is incase you didn't.

VIntageNOvel
04-18-2014, 12:57 PM
OP is 50% jameer
30% keno

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 12:57 PM
It's not just aimed at OP, a bunch of kids actually feel this way about Kobe. I'm a quick typer so it took me literally a minute to type that ish, just letting y'all know how it is incase you didn't.

lol at you explaining...

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 01:00 PM
lol at you explaining...

lol at you still replying to me...

Uncle Drew
04-18-2014, 01:01 PM
I think Sheed was the biggest waste of talent. Dude had all-time potential.

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 01:01 PM
lol at you still replying to me...

lol U mad

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 01:04 PM
lol U mad

no U mad

HoopsFanNumero1
04-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Another thread hijacked by Kobetards...

swagga
lol at you explaining...

son I ain't no jordan stan but if jordan/lebron had prime shaq they 8 peat no questions asked. Why you so sensitive about kobe? Great talent, just weaker then goat level wing talent, nothing to be ashamed about.

AlphaWolf24
I think Sheed was the biggest waste of talent. Dude had all-time pot

fixed

ImKobe
04-18-2014, 01:10 PM
son I ain't no jordan stan but if jordan/lebron had prime shaq they 8 peat no questions asked. Why you so sensitive about kobe? Great talent, just weaker then goat level wing talent, nothing to be ashamed about.

Epic trolling.

Dro
04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Another thread hijacked by Kobetards...
This...

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 01:25 PM
OP is a

AlphaWolf24
04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Epic trolling.

true!

back on topic.....Keeping it real .....

6. Bunny's don't lay eggs :mad: ....why do we have Easter eggs again?

7. White Girls ______y! smell like Bologna

8. We still can't embed videos here.

9. Arizona Watermelon is the GOAT drink

10. We still can't embed videos here.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 01:31 PM
no U mad

:roll: ImKobe gettin' murked by the ALPHAWOLFFFF

red1
04-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Good thread but I disagree with the kobe part. He is 6'5 not 6'7

red1
04-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Seriously though how can you dispute his mental toughness. Jordans advantages are mostly physical

NumberSix
04-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Tired of newjacks and fresh faced newbies spouting nonsense and kicking the science like you were around to drop knowledge ...
Stopped reading.

moe94
04-18-2014, 03:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/05gZXgH.gif

The Kobe bit is completely off as others have said, though.