PDA

View Full Version : Throwback: LeBron James 2007 Finals Full Highlights vs Spurs

HylianNightmare
04-18-2014, 03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBn9ZqqwW8

:cheers:

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 03:25 PM
My god he was so much quicker back then, he's like Eddy Curry today compared to then.

imdaman99
04-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Why are branstans avoiding legit highlights of him? They seem to be posting in every other thread :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Why are branstans avoiding legit highlights of him? They seem to be posting in every other thread :confusedshrug:

He played like shit. Still took the worst team ever talent wise to the NBA Finals.

inclinerator
04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
damn he was only 22 here taking on the spurs by himself

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Of course LeBron was going to play bad when he was the only focus of the Spurs defense. It's not like they were going to worry about Hughes.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Of course LeBron was going to play bad when he was the only focus of the Spurs defense. It's not like they were going to worry about Hughes.

Sad part is he only played two games that series. People must not realize Sasha Pavlovic was a f.ucking starter on that team. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 03:30 PM
LeBron sucked so bad in this one :lol

Totally messes up his Finals Average... That Spurs team wasnt great either, the weakest of their 4 title winning teams. 2012 and 2013 were way better.

20Four
04-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Sad part is he only played two games that series. People must not realize Sasha Pavlovic was a f.ucking starter on that team. :oldlol:
LOL the B|tch is still here :roll:

imdaman99
04-18-2014, 03:32 PM
He played like shit. Still took the worst team ever talent wise to the NBA Finals.
Agreed. But let's not forget Gibson went bananas against the Pistons.

inclinerator
04-18-2014, 03:32 PM
sad thing is lebron probably played worse in 2011 finals

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2014, 03:33 PM
True 1 v. 5 battle right there. Nice block on Duncan at 7:10 :pimp:

Interesting to see the size/speed difference. Obviously, the size he has developed has helped him a lot.

WindmiLL
04-18-2014, 03:33 PM
That's literally a definiton of one man army

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Agreed. But let's not forget Gibson went bananas against the Pistons.

He definitely gets credit for it. But asking a rookie 2nd round PG to continue to be a 2nd-3rd option is a lot. People talk about Big Z, but he was always a non-factor in 4th quarters. The Big 3 of that team in the postseason was LeBron-Varejao-Gibson. I give those guys the credit for getting there. With Varejao being incredibly underrated.

dannywpt
04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
He was already GOAT back then

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2014, 03:37 PM
sad thing is lebron probably played worse in 2011 finals

Meh.. who cares about this series. They werent ever gonna win anway.

inclinerator
04-18-2014, 03:39 PM
interesting bowen was no match for bran's strength when he went to the post, if only he was more developed in that area at that time

HylianNightmare
04-18-2014, 03:46 PM
yeha lebron was playing bully ball in the post. liked seeing drew gooden contribute

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 03:52 PM

Excuses. At 23, Jordan dropped 43.7 a game on a team far superior to the 2007 Spurs. The Cavs had no hope of winning, but LeBron was individually awful in that series.

Trollsmasher
04-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Classic Manu flop at 5:50:roll:

the amount of total scrubs on that Cavs team is incredible

1 on 5

Marlo_Stanfield
04-18-2014, 04:00 PM
He definitely gets credit for it. But asking a rookie 2nd round PG to continue to be a 2nd-3rd option is a lot. People talk about Big Z, but he was always a non-factor in 4th quarters. The Big 3 of that team in the postseason was LeBron-Varejao-Gibson. I give those guys the credit for getting there. With Varejao being incredibly underrated.
Varejao wasnt very good back then tho.
nowadays his a top 10 Center easily. great player

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Excuses. At 23, Jordan dropped 43.7 a game on a team far superior to the 2007 Spurs. The Cavs had no hope of winning, but LeBron was individually awful in that series.

That's actually a legit point.

I don't think that highlights how bad LeBron was, but rather emphasizes the gap between MJ and LeBron's level of individual dominance.

Another example of why I think LeBron has a long way to go before surpassing MJ. Not in terms of resume, but actual skill and production on both ends of the court.

Budadiiii
04-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Choking since '84.

Dude chokes more than anyone I've ever studied. This guy was choking away AAU championships.... High School championships...... fast forward to 2007 and he's choking away NBA championships.

Jesus Christ.

swagga
04-18-2014, 04:18 PM
LOL that team's offense had lebron as the first second thrid and fourth option. The other guys couldn't create jack shit and furthermore the coach was mentally impaired incapable of running a decent play.
To top it off their personell wasn't even decent enough to provide lebron with some decent spacing, they just clogged the middle like nuts.

It's a godly miracle they got to the finals.

LongLiveTheKing
04-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Choking since '84.

Dude chokes more than anyone I've ever studied. This guy was choking away AAU championships.... High School championships...... fast forward to 2007 and he's choking away NBA championships.

Jesus Christ.
Still beat KD and Westbrook in the finals.
They must be worse chokers.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Varejao wasnt very good back then tho.
nowadays his a top 10 Center easily. great player

He wasn't amazing, but he was the 2nd best player on that team imo.

swagga
04-18-2014, 04:30 PM
That's actually a legit point.

I don't think that highlights how bad LeBron was, but rather emphasizes the gap between MJ and LeBron's level of individual dominance.

Another example of why I think LeBron has a long way to go before surpassing MJ. Not in terms of resume, but actual skill and production on both ends of the court.

I'm not contesting jordan had a superior series but he didn't have the superior playoff run and that's what is most important. You could just as easily take lebron's best 3 games against detroit (who were a better defensive team then boston btw) and say he put up nuts stats AND that he won. If you adjust them to the pistons' pace you would get some ungodly stats for lebron.

What's most interesting is that jordan had options such as corzine, oakley, paxston, gervin and woolridge who are all superior players than lebron's 2007 second option PLUS other forgotten decent role players such as kyle macy, sydney green or quintin daily.

Also, people don't talk about the enormous difference in pace (bos in 86 is at 102 while det in 07 is at 87 and sas in 07 is at 89).

This thread will see some stanning imo.

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm not contesting jordan had a superior series but he didn't have the superior playoff run and that's what is most important. You could just as easily take lebron's best 3 games against detroit (who were a better defensive team then boston btw) and say he put up nuts stats AND that he won. If you adjust them to the pistons' pace you would get some ungodly stats for lebron.

What's most interesting is that jordan had options such as corzine, oakley, paxston, gervin and woolridge who are all superior players than lebron's 2007 second option PLUS other forgotten decent role players such as kyle macy, sydney green or quintin daily.

Also, people don't talk about the enormous difference in pace (bos in 86 is at 102 while det in 07 is at 87 and sas in 07 is at 89).

That was indeed a fascinating playoff run by LeBron.

Despite your comparison of pace, the 86 Celtics were arguably the greatest team ever (Zeke conceded this in the 30 for 30 doc for instance). The 2007 Spurs were nowhere as dominant as those Celtics from 84-86.

Milbuck
04-18-2014, 04:47 PM
LOL the B|tch is still here :roll:
You understand that the word bitch isn't censored, right?

Also, how's your wife?

T_L_P
04-18-2014, 05:04 PM
LeBron sucked so bad in this one :lol

Totally messes up his Finals Average... That Spurs team wasnt great either, the weakest of their 4 title winning teams. 2012 and 2013 were way better.

:biggums:

It's quite possibly their best team. It's certainly their deepest. It is hands down better than that '03 one.

LeBron played like shit though.

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 05:07 PM

And the 2007 Washington Wizards played at 94, so I guess they were a much better defensively than the 1986 Celtics and 1989 Pistons. Some of the greatest teams of all-time--not as toug as a team led by Gilbert Arenas. :facepalm

I can't think of a more abused statistics than "pace". Yes, teams played faster in those days. No, that doesn't mean Joe All-Star from 2014 would average 40 a game if you transported them to the 80's. The evidence suggests that the greats would do about as well as they always do in any era.

An older Jordan shooting mostly fadeaways averaged 30 a game in a year not much faster than this one. Karl Malone at 37 had a 26/9 season in a league slower this one. Age cut into their numbers (and not by much) more than a slower pace did.

Frozen1
04-18-2014, 06:51 PM
It

Budadiiii
04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
"And there's his first field goal, after initially missing his first 8 shots from the field"

*Closes tab*

Demitri98
04-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Manu flopping at 5:47 :lol

The-Legend-24
04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
LeBron was able to take that shitty team to the finals by himself, I bet MJ wouldn't.

ThePhantomCreep
04-18-2014, 10:39 PM
LeBron was able to take that shitty team to the finals by himself, I bet MJ wouldn't.
Yeah, that path to the NBA Finals out east was a real murderers row. The top seed won 53 games FFS.