PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Budenholzer the Next Great Coach in the NBA?

atljonesbro
04-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Looking at this Hawks roster without Al Horford they really have no business being in the playoffs at all. They look to be about a 25 win team at best. Can we attribute this to great coaching by Budenholzer?

Levity
04-18-2014, 04:51 PM
i havent watched enough hawks games this season to really break it down, but i do like how their offense looks. the ball movement is very reminiscent of the spurs.

VDN had a nice little overview of their offense during Gametime on NBAtv last night.

Genaro
04-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Hawks definitely overachivied. Al Horford's loss was a big hit, they were 3rd in the east at the time and still manage to make the playoffs without him (although East weakness tells something about it)

I think he did very well for a rookie coach.

Koontzy
04-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I think he has done a great job @ coaching this year. The Hawks offense looks good, and they can shoot. I am a Pacers fan, but I can see the Hawks running this to a game 6 or 7 situation, and possibly win the series depending on which Pacers team decides to show up.

rhowen4
04-18-2014, 05:13 PM
I think he has done a great job @ coaching this year. The Hawks offense looks good, and they can shoot. I am a Pacers fan, but I can see the Hawks running this to a game 6 or 7 situation, and possibly win the series depending on which Pacers team decides to show up.
See you next year.

SCdac
04-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Yes. Serving as an assistant to Pop for 16 years I'm sure did wonders. I was hoping he'd be Pop's successor.

atljonesbro
04-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Bump to appreciate greatness.

absalom
04-19-2014, 10:06 PM
I am the only one on this board that if Atlanta meet Miami next round, they could push the heat to 7 games. Budenholzer would run circles round Spoelstra, he run exactly the spurs system albeit with a different set of players. :confusedshrug:

Haymaker
04-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Hawks are a young hungry team, but we still have to wait and see how they perform in a 7 game series.

TMT
04-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Popovich-lite

secund2nun
04-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Great ball movement...Fire Spo hire Budenholzer .

beastee
04-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Now that I live in Atlanta and have gone to some games...I must say he definitely is putting a nice plan together for them. Really stressing ball movement and trying to make Teague a star. His defensive strategy is average, but without Horford he made some nice adjustments...especially giving Elton Brand crazy minutes. I think Atlanta will still struggle to bring in an elite FA because the fans are attrocious, but he will be a top 10 coach for the next 12-15 years.

Bosnian Sajo
04-20-2014, 11:53 AM
I am the only one on this board that if Atlanta meet Miami next round, they could push the heat to 7 games. Budenholzer would run circles round Spoelstra, he run exactly the spurs system albeit with a different set of players. :confusedshrug:

You're the only one on this board who thinks it is possible for Atlanta to meet Miami next round, dense mufuka. :rolleyes:

Random_Guy
04-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes. Serving as an assistant to Pop for 16 years I'm sure did wonders. I was hoping he'd be Pop's successor.
no wonder, didnt know this but watching the hawks game today felt like watching the spurs with different personnel. no wonder

Brokenbeat
04-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Great ball movement...Fire Spo hire Budenholzer .

is he good? can the heat get him? :facepalm

STATUTORY
04-20-2014, 11:56 AM
soft spoken white males dominate the coaching scene