PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Kupchak on lottery pick: "There's a possibility we may trade it"

KobesFinger
04-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Sauce (http://www.lakersnation.com/mitch-kupchak-on-trading-draft-pick-i-think-theres-a-possibility/2014/04/18/)

No conversations have been had regarding trading the pick, though Kevin Love's name did come up in the article. But trading a lottery pick for a guy you could sign the next season is dumb

alec613
04-18-2014, 05:55 PM
If they can't get Wiggins/Exum/Parker/Embiid, then I'm perfectly fine with trading the pick, but just not to a player whose contract will expire or can opt out the next year. Last thing the Lakers need is a player they traded for walking away the next season

TheMarkMadsen
04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Trade it to minny along with their pick for Love

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Melo to NYK situation all over again.

Play on a disappointing team, force your way to a big market team and make them destroy their future for you. End up on a 48-50 win type team at best. Leave.
somebody gets it :applause:

KobesFinger
04-18-2014, 06:09 PM

Play on a disappointing team, force your way to a big market team and make them destroy their future for you. End up on a 48-50 win type team at best. Leave.

Exactly. NYK were rebuilding properly with just Amar'e (bad idea though because of his knees) and instead they gut the roster and trade away their picks for Melo. You only do that for a LeBron level player, i.e. best in the league.

The comments in that article prove how stupid some Laker fans are. They'd trade the pick for Love, sign Melo/Deng and re-sign Pau. They must not know about the cap

SpecialQue
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Don't know why the fvck they would entertain this idea. Love wants to sign here anyway. This is pissing away a good pick. :facepalm

Mr.Kite
04-18-2014, 08:14 PM
trade it for cousins and pick

IncarceratedBob
04-18-2014, 08:23 PM
trade pick for irving, sign melo to team friendly deal, sign love next off season

irving
bryant
anthony
love
hill

kamil
04-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Oh great, Lakers 30 year entitlement hasnt been enough. My god, its getting pretty repetitive seeing this organization CONSTANTLY in the spotlight.

PISS. OFF.

Koontzy
04-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Yep you about summed it all up there :)

Frozen1
04-18-2014, 08:30 PM
It

Jameerthefear
04-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Lakers still suck so much :lol
Go ahead. Trade it for Love. We'll all point and laugh.

kentatm
04-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh great, Lakers 30 year entitlement hasnt been enough. My god, its getting pretty repetitive seeing this organization CONSTANTLY in the spotlight.

PISS. OFF.

they really need to go through 5-10 years of being complete dog shit to gain some perspective.

alec613
04-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Lakers still suck so much :lol
Go ahead. Trade it for Love. We'll all point and laugh.

Why though?

trade pick for irving, sign melo to team friendly deal, sign love next off season

irving
bryant
anthony
love
hill

There's only 1 ball

BlackVVaves
04-18-2014, 08:35 PM
If they can't get Wiggins/Exum/Parker/Embiid, then I'm perfectly fine with trading the pick, but just not to a player whose contract will expire or can opt out the next year. Last thing the Lakers need is a player they traded for walking away the next season

http://archivosnba.com/wp-content//lakers6.jpg

AnaheimLakers24
04-18-2014, 08:40 PM
after the embiid injury there was no point in keeping it anyways. no one is a game changer.

alec613
04-18-2014, 08:43 PM
after the embiid injury there was no point in keeping it anyways. no one is a game changer.

You mean, There will be no more game-changing players left when it's gonna be the Lakers' turn to pick

Jameerthefear
04-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Lakers honestly should go full into rebuild mode. I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing short of getting Lebron that they can do this offseason to contend next year. Unless Spurs, OKC, Houston, LAC, Portland (young team with upside) all just fell off the face of the Earth of course.

coin24
04-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Keep the pick and try luck in the draft. Unless the pick is for cousins. F*ck Kevin love..:facepalm

Genaro
04-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Mitch seems have no idea what he's doing. I would only do it if Lakers can't get a top 5.

AnaheimLakers24
04-18-2014, 08:59 PM
would boston wat it for rondo?

alec613
04-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Lakers honestly should go full into rebuild mode. I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing short of getting Lebron that they can do this offseason to contend next year. Unless Spurs, OKC, Houston, LAC, Portland (young team with upside) all just fell off the face of the Earth of course.

At least you're not trying to troll or post hate comments this time.

The rebuilding window took a huge hit when Lakers gave Kobe that ridiculous contract. Nick Young getting hot in Utah so that no one in the draft will replace his spot in the Lakers made it even worse.

We were supposed to get excited the next season, since the Lakers had some crazy cap flexibility, but it's pushed back another year, and this time with Kobe having 25m contract

JohnFreeman
04-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Love hasn't got the heart of a Laker

ABfor3
04-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Kevin Love won't bring the Lakers anywhere

MVBallin2K
04-18-2014, 09:44 PM

I may be wrong but I don't see that happening. Recent years has seen the team sign a huge television deal and basically be the focal point of a network (TWC Sports). While the Lakers will have name value no matter what, this season has shown that the ratings aren't going to stay with a sub par team.

What I'm saying is that this beyond basketball but a business. The Lakers have the pressure of being a winning franchise and the fanbase isn't going to settle for less. Do I always agree with that? I don't but it's the honest truth. This team didn't want to tank, including management, on purpose to get a high draft pick. There's a lot of pride there and the Lakers have never really built through the draft before. Their last major pick up was Bynum but trades have been their focal point. I don't know if I see this happening but a little insight there into why I don't feel that there will be a rebuilding window.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-18-2014, 09:59 PM
I'd be all for a full rebuild if the Lakers had their 1st rounder next year. The pick the Lakers traded to the suns is unprotected, right? I certainty don't want them trading this year's pick, tho.

Doctor Rivers
04-18-2014, 10:10 PM
I'd be all for a full rebuild if the Lakers had their 1st rounder next year. The pick the Lakers traded to the suns is unprotected, right? I certainty don't want them trading this year's pick, tho.

it's protected

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Lakers.htm

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-18-2014, 10:15 PM
it's protected

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Lakers.htm
damn, now that's tempting. too much of a gamble tho and you know Kobe isn't going for it.