PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of : Melo to ATL?

QuebecBaller
04-21-2014, 10:49 AM
It would make a great starting lineup to take over the Eastern Conference

Horford
Millsap
Melo
Kyle "The Hibbert Stopper" Korver
Teague

Bench:
Antic
Brand
Carroll
Louis Williams

Good enough to win the first NBA championship since 1958?

dannywpt
04-21-2014, 10:55 AM
It's a crazy good starting 5, but the bench is still pretty bad.

Also doubt Melo would go play in Atlanta. :coleman:

Their biggest problem would be defending wing players.

JohnFreeman
04-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Melo too Toronto

Patrick Chewing
04-21-2014, 11:19 AM
It would make a great starting lineup to take over the Eastern Conference

Horford
Millsap
Melo
Kyle "The Hibbert Stopper" Korver
Teague

Bench:
Antic
Brand
Carroll
Louis Williams

Good enough to win the first NBA championship since 1958?

Fool. I would say at least Horford and Teague would come back to New York plus a draft pick on a deal like that.

SilkkTheShocker
04-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Fool. I would say at least Horford and Teague would come back to New York plus a draft pick on a deal like that.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Get real

JohnFreeman
04-21-2014, 11:23 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WlxHQJZSpLc/TjCwZVEkPlI/AAAAAAAAZhw/D68yz4R-1Wg/s1600/what+homer+simpson+is+thinking+3.gif

Akrazotile
04-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Atlanta gets worse in this scenario.

SilkkTheShocker
04-21-2014, 11:25 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c7ByOrZD2fU/UpChRy-6c2I/AAAAAAAAAME/ki9qtuEKgbs/s1600/rVlkV.gif

For real. Maybe Horford and a pick. But adding Teague is beyond overkill :oldlol:

Patrick Chewing
04-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Atlanta is not getting Melo for free you jackasses.

JohnFreeman
04-21-2014, 11:28 AM
He is a free agent..

QuebecBaller

free agency... not a trade

SilkkTheShocker

Who said anything about being free? Teague, Horford, and a draft pick is too much. How does Atlanta get better trading their two best players away for Melo? He is an upgrade over either, but not both imo. And than adding what im assuming is a first rounder is just way too much. Atlanta needs a star player, but they can't be that stupid or desperate.

Real Men Wear Green
04-21-2014, 11:46 AM
The Hawks will be at 47 mil, the cap is supposed to go up 5 mil to 63-64 mil. Without a deal Melo makes 16-17 per. If Chicago and/or Houston are in the mix ATL will need the edge of the Knicks helping so Anthony can get his full max IMO, as ATL with Anthony added on would be a good team but still not beating Miami in a series.

If Anthony goes to Atlanta it's not so that he can be on a team low on talent that will struggle to make the playoffs. If he is willing to settle for that there's no reason to leave NY. So if a deal is made it will be the Hawks giving up just enough to meet Anthony's contract demands while giving up enough for the Knicks to think participating is better than losing Anthony for nothing. I would be surprised if they make it work within those parameters but if they do I would imagine Teague and Horford would have to be retained. The Knicks would want the Hawks' pick this year and/or the right to swap with the Nets next year. For these things to happen Melo must be driving the deal and not checking out Chicago, Houston, LA or whoever.

Bottom line, this only happens if Anthony badly wants to be a Hawk. I can't think of any player that badly wanted to be a Hawk.

Basketbolero
04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
:roll:

atljonesbro
04-21-2014, 11:51 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You have to be the most delusional poster on this forum if you think that's a fair deal.

Patrick Chewing
04-21-2014, 12:37 PM
He is a free agent..

He's a restricted free agent. Meaning he's only available through a sign and trade. Y'all are some clueless ****s on here.

Levity
04-21-2014, 12:44 PM
He's a restricted free agent. Meaning he's only available through a sign and trade. Y'all are some clueless ****s on here.

Nope

ImKobe
04-21-2014, 12:47 PM

:facepalm

Uncle Drew
04-21-2014, 12:51 PM
:oldlol:

Just stop.

20Four
04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
What a fvcking idiot this foo is:

http://i.minus.com/i2Oav7KmXAl4H.gif
http://i.minus.com/ioPvNBdARU4Ab.gif

imdaman99
04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
I am done with Melo, so take him and give the Knicks 2 first round picks (or 1 confirmed lottery pick).
Maybe throw in some expirers, or a big man. Get it done Phil :cheers:

QuebecBaller
04-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Learn your shit... Melo is not restricted, he have an early termination option. So he can get out of the NY Mess if he want to

ralph_i_el
04-21-2014, 01:45 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Why exactly?

He's not restricted you dumb ****

Knicks fans should be happy to get rid of Melo and Amare's contracts soon so they can re-spend all that space on more bad investments

NugzFan
04-21-2014, 01:58 PM

holy shit :oldlol:

MellowYellow
04-21-2014, 02:33 PM
unstoppable team, would win the ship easily.

MellowYellow
04-21-2014, 02:35 PM

he has a player option, in what world does that mean he is restricted. Melo can go where ever he wants to and leave the Knicks with nothing.

SilkkTheShocker
04-21-2014, 03:44 PM

R.etard :oldlol: