PDA

View Full Version : What is ACTUALLY going on with the Pacers?

Connor B
04-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Because the more i think about it, the more I realize that it is actually, somehow, hilariously plausible that they could lose to the Hawks, and not just an overreaction to one game. It isn't like the Pacers had a bad game, they have been playing like that or only slightly better since the start of March - they have shown close to no signs of getting their shit together. The chemistry is completely broken and Vogel can't seem to figure out how to fix it. As long as Teague continues to play well, there's no reason in my mind the Hawks couldn't pull this massive upset.

What I don't understand is how and why this is happening. We've never seen a bigger collapse than this. This team was on track to win 65 games, now they may not beat an 8th seed. I cannot possibly believe trading away Granger of George and the stripper thing would **** up the team that bad. There must be something going on and we just don't know. It is absolutely mind boggling.

Fiasco
04-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Evan Turner catfished them.

Milbuck
04-22-2014, 01:18 AM
http://chookstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/chookstv.gif

Smoke117
04-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Nothing is is "ACTUALLY" going on with them. They are not a good offensive team...they are not an average offensive team...THEY ARE A BAD OFFENSIVE TEAM. I don't understand why anyone thinks Pacers can do anything when they are literally one of the 5 worst offensive teams in the league. You can't make up this big of difference with the great defense they do play. They are not close to as good defensively as the 2004 Pistons and as far as the game is now...worse offensively. You cannot be as terrible as the Pacers are offensively and expect to win it all.

DMAVS41
04-22-2014, 01:31 AM
Nothing is is "ACTUALLY" going on with them. They are not a good offensive team...they are not an average offensive team...THEY ARE A BAD OFFENSIVE TEAM. I don't understand why anyone thinks Pacers can do anything when they are literally one of the 5 worst offensive teams in the league. You can't make up this big of difference with the great defense they do play. They are not close to as good defensively as the 2004 Pistons and as far as the game is now...worse offensively. You cannot be as terrible as the Pistons are offensively and expect to win it all.

This...and it's amplified against the Hawks because Hibbert is useless...they just drag him away from the paint...and if he doesn't come out. They drill outside shots.

It's actually just a horrible matchup for the Pacers. They can and probably still should win, but the Hawks style and a few mismatches amplify the problems.

I do think there is some off court issues going on as well. I don't know if it's being spent mentally and physically or that they just can't handle not winning and are blaming each other....Vogel pissed them off and they don't listen...PG's off court shit. I don't know, but if you watch them...they aren't playing as a team...they literally don't even set screens for each other anymore.

It's pathetic right now. Good news for them is that if they get by the Hawks...they will have time to get it together and potentially turn it around by the Heat series in the conference finals...I wouldn't bet on it though.

Smoke117
04-22-2014, 01:42 AM
This...and it's amplified against the Hawks because Hibbert is useless...they just drag him away from the paint...and if he doesn't come out. They drill outside shots.

It's actually just a horrible matchup for the Pacers. They can and probably still should win, but the Hawks style and a few mismatches amplify the problems.

I do think there is some off court issues going on as well. I don't know if it's being spent mentally and physically or that they just can't handle not winning and are blaming each other....Vogel pissed them off and they don't listen...PG's off court shit. I don't know, but if you watch them...they aren't playing as a team...they literally don't even set screens for each other anymore.

It's pathetic right now. Good news for them is that if they get by the Hawks...they will have time to get it together and potentially turn it around by the Heat series in the conference finals...I wouldn't bet on it though.

Pacers* epic typo by me

On your topic though...George Hill is a terrible starting POINT GUARD. The greatest compliment you could give him is: Well...he's not as bad as he USED TO BE. You know you have problems when that is the best that can be said about the man who is supposed to run your team. It isn't like Paul George is Scottie Pippen out there... (as much as that comparison gets put up) scottie could actually run the offense as their point guard and free up George Hill to be what he is: an off guard. Don't get me wrong...I don't think he's a bad player in general, but he has clearly shown he cannot run a team.

DMAVS41
04-22-2014, 02:01 AM
Pacers* epic typo by me

On your topic though...George Hill is a terrible starting POINT GUARD. The greatest compliment you could give him is: Well...he's not as bad as he USED TO BE. You know you have problems when that is the best that can be said about the man who is supposed to run your team. It isn't like Paul George is Scottie Pippen out there... (as much as that comparison gets put up) scottie could actually run the offense as their point guard and free up George Hill to be what he is: an off guard. Don't get me wrong...I don't think he's a bad player in general, but he has clearly shown he cannot run a team.

Yea, it's a bit unfair for George. He doesn't have the game to run point forward like Pippen did. It's a totally different offensive skill set...

PG needs a better point guard like you said...

Kiddlovesnets
04-22-2014, 02:03 AM
They traded Granger, stupid move as it is lol.

JohnFreeman
04-22-2014, 02:04 AM
They are all in a homosexual relationship, and one of them got jealous

Marchesk
04-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Nothing is is "ACTUALLY" going on with them. They are not a good offensive team...they are not an average offensive team...THEY ARE A BAD OFFENSIVE TEAM. I don't understand why anyone thinks Pacers can do anything when they are literally one of the 5 worst offensive teams in the league. You can't make up this big of difference with the great defense they do play. They are not close to as good defensively as the 2004 Pistons and as far as the game is now...worse offensively. You cannot be as terrible as the Pacers are offensively and expect to win it all.

Yet they took the Heat to 7 in last year's ECF after beating the 2 seed Knicks, and they had the best record in the league earlier this season. Are you saying that their bad offense caught up to them the last month?

jbryan1984
04-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Bad things follow when you sign Andrew Bynum

TheReal Kendall
04-22-2014, 06:20 AM
Pacers need to go small.

I still got them winning this series

TheMilkyBarKid
04-22-2014, 06:28 AM
Pacers need to go small.

I still got them winning this series
Not even go small, just start mahimi.

Sarcastic
04-22-2014, 06:29 AM
They've been overrated as hell for a long time now. If the refs didn't give them +70 free throws last year in the second round, they never would have beaten the Knicks.

TheReal Kendall
04-22-2014, 06:31 AM
Not even go small, just start mahimi.

Yeah. In place of Hibbert right? I told my cuz this yesterday and he laughed.

Talking bout he can't guard Millsap but I think he would do fine on him.

andremiller07
04-22-2014, 06:32 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/131/files/2013/07/hoop365-jeff-teague-career-assists-100001.jpg

TheReal Kendall
04-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Also they need to put Lance or PG on Teague and let Hill guard Korver or somebody else

RIP CITY
04-22-2014, 06:36 AM
George and Hibbert are shitting the bed and Danny Granger was more important to their lockeroom and team than they thought. If George and Hibbert play their A game offensively they'll be back to being one of the best teams in the League, if not they will struggle too much offensively to win.

stephanieg
04-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Hibbert always had confidence issues. A couple years ago he was seeing a sports psychologist, maybe he still is. Always a roller coaster with him. One game he looks like the best big man in the league, next game he looks like a scrub. Reminds me of Odom in that respect.

I think the heightened expectations of him and the team got to his head and now his confidence is totally tanked. I'm waiting for a meltdown game where he bursts into tears and runs off the court or something. Maybe he's manic depressive and he plays well in the mania stages?

PG bought into his own hype and the media stroked his ego and it spiraled out of control and he turned into a preening, strutting peacock. Started chucking up dumb shots instead of playing a team game, focused less on defense which caused a rift in the team. Think he's been trying to reel it back in now, but it's not working.

toxicxr6
04-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Look this team had a very good year last season.. And was looking unstoppable for 80% of this season.. People say it's their offense but I don't think that's the issue with the pacers.. This team was elite for 18 months.. And they are a young team.. So their age or being burnt out shouldn't be the issue either.. So what went wrong??
Well I truly believe whatever it is has been kept behind doors.. Something has happened between 2 or more players.. I think hibbert vs George and hill vs lance

I think it's got to the point where these players dislike each other so much that it's impossible for them to play with each other at an elite level anymore..
I'm sure the truth with eventually come out.. But this makeup of the pacers is done.. Beyond recovery.. They need to move the appropriate pieces.. The ones instigating the issues and hopefully get that chemistry back..

Some of these players will have very high value.. So I think they can reload in the offseason and contend again if they remain smart and ruthless

andremiller07
04-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Hibbert always had confidence issues. A couple years ago he was seeing a sports psychologist, maybe he still is. Always a roller coaster with him. One game he looks like the best big man in the league, next game he looks like a scrub. Reminds me of Odom in that respect.

I think the heightened expectations of him and the team got to his head and now his confidence is totally tanked. I'm waiting for a meltdown game where he bursts into tears and runs off the court or something. Maybe he's manic depressive and he plays well in the mania stages?

He has never for a second looked like the Best big man in the NBA unless he's playing against a undersized Miami line up (which any big beasts if played straight up one on one and going for offensive boards), only reason he was a All-Star and get more hype was cause the best two C's in the East went down to injury in Horford and Lopez.

He plays D well but in every other aspect he's pretty much below average, he has no playmaking ability what so ever and his finishing and creating are well below average.

Dro
04-22-2014, 08:13 AM
How many times can we ask the same questions, only to give the same answers..I'm exhausted talking about them and explaining each and every situation, I'm just going to wait for the game...

jbryan1984
04-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Its one game, dont jump the gun yet. This happens every single year on here during the playoffs. If a team loses one game, they are finished. Go back and look.

Dro
04-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Little stat I found on Pacersdigest

There have been 10 #1 vs. #8 match-ups where the #8 seed won Game 1 (11 counting this series). Of those, the #1 seed went on to win the series 7 times.

The '93 Suns are the only #1 seed to lose the first two games to a #8 seed (the Lakers). Phoenix won the series in 5 games.

toxicxr6
04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Its one game, dont jump the gun yet. This happens every single year on here during the playoffs. If a team loses one game, they are finished. Go back and look.

I don't see how that argument can apply here.. It isn't one game..it's been going on for 2 months!!

Haymaker
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't see how that argument can apply here.. It isn't one game..it's been going on for 2 months!!

Exactly

Dro
04-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Good point, this is a unique case...Thought it might change in the playoffs...I thought they were getting bored...I guess they're still bored, hell I dunno..:confusedshrug:

jzek
04-22-2014, 09:31 AM
It's the same thing in 04 with the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Just replace those two with Hibbert and PG. They care more about destroying each other than the other team.

Dro
04-22-2014, 09:33 AM
It's the same thing in 04 with the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Just replace those two with Hibbert and PG. They care more about destroying each other than the other team.
Well Hibbert called out basically everyone except PG and West. He said PG would win MVP and he said he has free reign to do whatever he wants on the court..He's always had PG's back....But it doesn't seem like the chemistry is even half as strong as it was...

SilkkTheShocker
04-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Watch Hibbert still destroy Miami's frontcourt if they make it to the ECF. I know he didn't look great against them last game, but I have no doubt he would be a pain in he ass. VERTICALITY :eek:

Random_Guy
04-22-2014, 09:45 AM
let me break shit down for you. how many did atlanta score again? Exactly, 101. for an elite defensive team, 101 points isnt acceptable. as bad as there offense is, there defense hasnt been on par.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-22-2014, 10:51 AM
http://kriv.images.worldnow.com/images/24698152_SA.jpg

http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/andrew-bynum-costume-3.jpg

Dro
04-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Bynum has nothing to do with anything...

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Yet they took the Heat to 7 in last year's ECF after beating the 2 seed Knicks, and they had the best record in the league earlier this season. Are you saying that their bad offense caught up to them the last month?

This... you guys expect me to believe the Pacers were able to hide their atrocious offense for a month short of two seasons, at which point the league figured them out? Yeah right. Keep in mind they didn't have Granger last season either. There's something else going on, but I think the Hawks are just a nightmare matchup for the Pacers... especially with their bigs who can hit 3s. No doubt pacers would manhandle the Wiz or Bobcats.

Dro
04-22-2014, 01:11 PM
This... you guys expect me to believe the Pacers were able to hide their atrocious offense for a month short of two seasons, at which point the league figured them out? Yeah right. Keep in mind they didn't have Granger last season either.
Its crazy, when they started 33-7, they were averaging around 99PPG I believe which is more than enough for them to win if they play the defense they're capable of playing...

jbryan1984
04-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Idk maybe Bynum is a cancer in their locker room. Nothing he hasnt done before. I have faith in the pacers. They will bounce back and do what the clips did monday night.

ZenMaster
04-22-2014, 01:50 PM

Pacers have been playing around .500 ball at least since the all star break, that's a long time.
And there are some important players on that team who doesn't really seem to like each other.

sportjames23
04-22-2014, 02:15 PM
http://kriv.images.worldnow.com/images/24698152_SA.jpg

http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/andrew-bynum-costume-3.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Phenith
04-22-2014, 07:11 PM
The 76rs wanted to trade Turner, and arguably young and rising player, for a long time, why? Maybe the combination of Granger out and Turner in is what unhinged this team?