PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Here Actually.........LIKE Skip Bayless?

Vragrant
04-22-2014, 03:18 PM
He is uncompromisingly provocative and outspoken, BUT I actually like that. and he is actually clever (CP0? c'mon:oldlol: ) and entertaining. First Take would just not be the same without him.

However I notice even when there is a kernel of truth to something he says, its so in vogue to hate him that anybody who agrees with him has to preface what they say with:

eg:

"Well I can't believe I'm agreeing with Skip but..."

"I hate Skip as much as the next guy but....

"Skip is obviously a troll but......"

I can't be the only one can I?

LongLiveTheKing
04-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I like him. He always makes funny nicknames for people. I enjoy watching first take very much, him and Stephen A. are funny af.

AnaheimLakers24
04-22-2014, 03:21 PM
brans stans have been using him an that other idiot as credible sources lately

moe94
04-22-2014, 03:22 PM
I like Skip. Cannot stand SAS, though. Dude is annoying as **** from the voice, to the loudness, to the use of words. Everything about his smug existence is annoying.

Solefade
i like him :confusedshrug:

he's crazy but i like him

AnaheimLakers24
I like him. He always makes funny nicknames for people. I enjoy watching first take very much, him and Stephen A. are funny af.
told ya! all these fggts hated him before 2012 :roll: nowthey cant get off his dick

AnaheimLakers24
i like him :confusedshrug:

he's crazy but i like him
further proof from these homosexuals

TMT
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
He's all over the place with his opinions, but he's a Spurs guy so I can't help but like him. :lol He and Stephen A have about the same likability in my book.

moe94
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
told ya! all these fggts hated him before 2012 :roll: nowthey cant get off his dick

Why are you always so angry? :roll:

Solefade
04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
further proof from these homosexuals

i never hated skip, i always thought he was ridiculous but he was at least comical

you mad skip doesn't talk about kobe? :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
04-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Man, **** Skip and SAS. Their show is dog shit and it only gets views for saying controversial statements.

LongLiveTheKing
04-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I've always liked Skip even before that? How would you know I didn't?

BasedTom
04-22-2014, 03:28 PM
The show kills brain cells, but I don't have a personal hatred of Skip and SAS. They get paid to scream at each other about sports.

I also find it enjoyable seeing Skip get mad when the Cowgirls/Spurms lose and when Stephen A gets mad at the Steelers/Knicks

edit: I also found the Tim Tebow thing to be entertaining, mostly because I HATE the new york jets.

J Shuttlesworth
04-22-2014, 03:29 PM
I enjoy listening to him but just from an entertainment standpoint. I don't really take him seriously, but it's pretty fun listening to Skip go at it with SAS. It's like if someone like SilkkTheShocker got a job on ESPN :lol

KirbyPls
i never hated skip, i always thought he was ridiculous but he was at least comical

you mad skip doesn't talk about kobe? :confusedshrug:

What is there to talk about?

Rodmantheman
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/ramsfan64/skip-bayless.png

Milbuck
04-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Has AnaheimLakers24 ever made a post that isn't about Lebron, overtly angry, or both? Seems like a good kid but god damn, the hostility is off the charts.

J Shuttlesworth
04-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Has AnaheimLakers24 ever made a post that isn't about Lebron, overtly angry, or both? Seems like a good kid but god damn, the hostility is off the charts.
I dunno man... I've never seen him make a post of real substance. Everything is just "lol branstans are fakkits" or something like that.. I've never seen him type an actual sentence.

moe94
04-22-2014, 03:32 PM

Seems like a good kid? What gave you that impression? :oldlol:

Milbuck
04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I dunno man... I've never seen him make a post of real substance. Everything is just "lol branstans are fakkits" or something like that.. I've never seen him type an actual sentence.
In about 15 years that kid's gonna be 20Four, guaranteed.

I actually edited that part in. In the very likely chance that he's 10-13 years old, I don't want to be too harsh :oldlol:

Solefade
04-22-2014, 03:40 PM

:lol

Nikola_
04-22-2014, 03:42 PM
He is better when not in the espn studio, less annoying at least

TheReal Kendall
04-22-2014, 05:25 PM
I like Skip. Cannot stand SAS, though. Dude is annoying as **** from the voice, to the loudness, to the use of words. Everything about his smug existence is annoying.

This.

NumberSix
04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
I does

Solefade
04-22-2014, 05:28 PM
why do people hate SAS? Is it the way he talks?

because he definitely has way more valid and articulated points than skip

Black and White
04-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Skip is a professional troll, but he is damn funny and can make sense from time to time as long as you filter the crap out, I love watching him piss SAS off.

SyRyanYang
04-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Skip is a professional troll, but he is damn funny and can make sense from time to time as long as you filter the crap out, I love watching him piss SAS off.

This. SAS on the other hand is full of egos.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2014, 05:51 PM
skip knows that he is trolling unlike SAS who is just an idiot.

Black and White
04-22-2014, 05:52 PM
This. SAS on the other hand is full of egos.

SAS yells too much and overrides people, gets annoying after awhile.

russwest0
04-22-2014, 05:52 PM
If you actually like Skip Bayless then you are part of the problem.

Solefade
04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
If you actually like Skip Bayless then you are part of the problem.

that's funny cus you're like a waaaayyy shittier and unfunny version of skip bayless of ISH who keeps reusing the same material

this whole time i thought you were trying to emulate your idol

ImKobe
04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Love me some Skip & SAS can be funny too

this has to be the best segment those two have done together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B28F9xzd34

"why are you so hard on this poor man?"

lmfao

Prometheus
04-22-2014, 06:51 PM
I despise both Skip and SAS. They are the perfect example of everything that is wrong with sports media.

Skip Bayless is the reason you ****ing goons run around talking about "beta" this and "batman" that and analyze the game of basketball like some pre-pubescent jerk-offs one-shouldering their bookbags and getting in fights to try to impress girls. He's like Ke$ha, just a circus act in the media actively making people dumber.

Solefade
04-22-2014, 06:57 PM
i respect Skip's hustle

niqqa made a living and name for himself from solely hating lebron

now he's using that success to allocate the hate from lebron to kd/cp3 :oldlol:

russwest0
04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
I despise both Skip and SAS. They are the perfect example of everything that is wrong with sports media.

Skip Bayless is the reason you ****ing goons run around talking about "beta" this and "batman" that and analyze the game of basketball like some pre-pubescent jerk-offs one-shouldering their bookbags and getting in fights to try to impress girls. He's like Ke$ha, just a circus act in the media actively making people dumber.

:roll:

This. Mark Cuban went on there and practically ended the guys career by dropping even the slightest bit of actual basketball knowledge. Yet of course ESPN still keeps the clown employed.

smoovegittar
04-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Jameer does. He has a 7.5 inch *****.

ImKobe
04-22-2014, 07:24 PM
:roll:

This. Mark Cuban went on there and practically ended the guys career by dropping even the slightest bit of actual basketball knowledge. Yet of course ESPN still keeps the clown employed.

You do realize that Skip is 62 years old and has 4 decades worth of experience when it comes to covering sports, right?

They both have a lot of ties with the NBA and are actually very knowledgeable. They say stupid things on the show for entertainment purposes.

Mr. Jabbar
04-22-2014, 07:35 PM
I like him a lot and would rather listen to him than 99% of the other analysts

KungFuJoe
04-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Neither Skip nor SAS know jack shit about basketball. They say what they say just to be the one to say it.

ZoPunde
04-22-2014, 09:41 PM
He is uncompromisingly provocative and outspoken, BUT I actually like that. and he is actually clever (CP0? c'mon:oldlol: ) and entertaining. First Take would just not be the same without him.

However I notice even when there is a kernel of truth to something he says, its so in vogue to hate him that anybody who agrees with him has to preface what they say with:

eg:

"Well I can't believe I'm agreeing with Skip but..."

"I hate Skip as much as the next guy but....

"Skip is obviously a troll but......"

I can't be the only one can I?

You should like a guy because he gives great arguments using reason and evidence, not because he is "uncompromisingly provocative and outspoken" especially on a debate show. Of course the show wouldn't be the same without him, it would be better.

Skip doesn't know what reason or evidence is.

sammichoffate
04-22-2014, 09:52 PM
I think he would be a lot better if he actually watched the entire game and not just the 4th quarter. He bases every argument he tries to make on what a person did or didn't do in the last 12 mins of a game. I know it's important, but there's still a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter Skip :facepalm

Trollsmasher
04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
skip knows that he is trolling unlike SAS who is just an idiot.
this

The only good thing about SAS is Jay Pharoah's parody of him

PickernRoller
04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
*Only when Skip calls LeQueen a fraud on national TV.

TylerOO
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
I do. Obvious troll but people still go crazy over his opinion. Gotta respect that.

JohnFreeman
04-22-2014, 10:05 PM
He is actually not a bad analyst. Stephen A is straight up awful

sportjames23
04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
I like Skip. He's the ultimate troll.

ihoopallday
04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
SAS is annoying cause he always has to point out how all these athletes are his "boys" or how they go way back. Dude, you're just an analyst. No one cares. Skip or "Water Pistol Pete Jr." on the other is a funny troll cause he doesn't play favorites. He'll go after anyone.