PDA

View Full Version : Could Exum's agent keep him from working out with teams other than LA?

fpliii
04-22-2014, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE] There

IncarceratedBob
04-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Teams would still draft him simply due to spite and raw potential. The kid is better than Jordan at his age

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 05:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be) he hasn't played against any NCAA-level competition, save for an exhibition game against Wiggins/Randle/etc?

How do people know this kid is even good enough to warrant a top draft pick? He's playing against Australians for god sakes.

kobeef24
04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be) he hasn't played against any NCAA-level competition, save for an exhibition game against Wiggins/Randle/etc?

How do people know this kid is even good enough to warrant a top draft pick? He's playing against Australians for god sakes.

This is why you're not an NBA scout.

ralph_i_el
04-22-2014, 05:16 PM

eye test

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 05:17 PM
This is why you're not an NBA scout.

:applause: Great analysis and response to my post. You are a valued, contributing member of this forum.

I'm not sold on Andrew Wiggins so I sure as HELL don't know why I should be sold on Exum.

Search this kid on youtube and you see a bunch of 1+ year videos, and a recent highlight reel of him dunking on short Australian kids. I'm NOT saying he isn't good. I'm just saying you have a lot more proven with guys like Randle and Parker, even Embiid.

AnaheimLakers24
04-22-2014, 05:18 PM
:applause: Great analysis and response to my post. You are a valued, contributing member of this forum.

I'm not sold on Andrew Wiggins so I sure as HELL don't know why I should be sold on Exum.

Search this kid on youtube and you see a bunch of 1+ year videos, and a recent highlight reel of him dunking on short Australian Kids
further proving why you arent a nba scout

ps stop trying to act like you know what your talking about.

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 05:20 PM

:biggums:

I DON'T know anything about Exum, which is why I'm askin ya dumb fcuk... are you retarded?

Darius
04-22-2014, 05:23 PM

lmao @ this kid.

Even NBA scouts don't know what the fvck they are talking about.

Have you seen how drafts turn out?

RightToCensor
04-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Youtube clips?

Bwahahahhahahahhahah

YOUTUBE CLIPS!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Youtube clips?

Bwahahahhahahahhahah

YOUTUBE CLIPS!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yup, Youtube clips.

Here is one of Jabari Parker dropping 27 on Kansas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-ghooJsBk

And here is Wiggins dropping 41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps

Now show me one of Exum playing against D1-quality competition.

ralph_i_el
04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
:biggums:

I DON'T know anything about Exum, which is why I'm askin ya dumb fcuk... are you retarded?

There's a lot to be said about drafting guys with game over pure athleticism, but just look at this kid. Freak wingspan for his quickness. It's the Durant effect. Nobody as quick as him will be as long as him. Looks super agile for his height. Obviously we haven't been able to see him play real games, but you can see he has skills. If he's got the freakish tools that he has you have to be confident enough that your coaching staff can mold him. It's not like you're drafting Jan Vesely where nobody knew anything outside of dunk montages.

Clyde
04-22-2014, 05:27 PM

Search this kid on youtube and you see a bunch of 1+ year videos, and a recent highlight reel of him dunking on short Australian kids. I'm NOT saying he isn't good. I'm just saying you have a lot more proven with guys like Randle and Parker, even Embiid.

I agree with what you're saying.

The general public (us here on insidehoops) have only here say and highlight videos to go on.

Clyde
04-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Yup, Youtube clips.

Here is one of Jabari Parker dropping 27 on Kansas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-ghooJsBk

And here is Wiggins dropping 41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps

Now show me one of Exum playing against D1-quality competition.

It doesn't exist.

FIBA under 18 tourney maybe, but that's hardly D-1

KobesFinger
04-22-2014, 05:29 PM
As someone else pointed out, another team could still pick him ahead of us depending on where we pick

Clyde
04-22-2014, 05:31 PM
As someone else pointed out, another team could still pick him ahead of us depending on where we pick

Surprised more people dont pull an Eli manning and outright tell franchises they wont play for them

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 05:31 PM
I agree with what you're saying.

The general public (us here on insidehoops) have only here say and highlight videos to go on.

Yeah, it's not like I'm bashing the guy... just asking for evidence why Laker fans are jizzing so hard for him :confusedshrug:

There's a lot to be said about drafting guys with game over pure athleticism, but just look at this kid. Freak wingspan for his quickness. It's the Durant effect. Nobody as quick as him will be as long as him. Looks super agile for his height. Obviously we haven't been able to see him play real games, but you can see he has skills. If he's got the freakish tools that he has you have to be confident enough that your coaching staff can mold him. It's not like you're drafting Jan Vesely where nobody knew anything outside of dunk montages.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I still think having NO games against his competition is a red flag, personally.

Clyde
04-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it's not like I'm bashing the guy... just asking for evidence why Laker fans are jizzing so hard for him :confusedshrug:

most posters here are sheep, they live in the moment and can't formulate their own opinions.

Because some scout says he's going to be great doesn't cut it for me.

Clyde
04-22-2014, 05:36 PM
as much as he could be the next Penny Hardaway, he could be the next Larry Hughes.

I don't have a justifiable opinion on him as all I've seen is highlights vs sub par competition.

sammichoffate
04-22-2014, 05:39 PM
This kid's upside is incredibly high, there's going to be doubters about him even after he gets drafted. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a similar year to Giannis, he's still pretty raw even though he has the physical gifts. His ceiling is up there with Wiggins though.

qrich
04-22-2014, 05:49 PM
He gets his love because he's considered a point guard by many at his height Sort of why Shaun Livingston got so much hype during the 04 Draft, though Livingston is actually a point guard trapped in a wings body, while, Exum isn't really a point guard. He isn't even a "hybrid" point in the sense of a Westbrook/Rose either due to his passing leaving a ton to be desired, even when comparing to Russ while he was a Bruin. His handles are solid though to spot time at the point. He also is a solid scorer around the bucket, kind of reminds me of Maggette the way he attacks as well. Has absolutely no jumper either.

tl;dr, gets love due to being a tall "pg", isn't really a pg.

As far as his agent goes, yes, if Exum and his agent prefer one team, they could refuse work outs with other squads, or even multiple team work outs. Amare and his agent did this to the Clippers, who ended up taking Chris Wilcox at 8 and letting Amare go to the Suns at 9 due to not having the opportunity to work Amare out.

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 05:50 PM
He gets his love because he's considered a point guard by many at his height Sort of why Shaun Livingston got so much hype during the 04 Draft, though Livingston is actually a point guard trapped in a wings body, while, Exum isn't really a point guard. He isn't even a "hybrid" point in the sense of a Westbrook/Rose either due to his passing leaving a ton to be desired, even when comparing to Russ while he was a Bruin. His handles are solid though to spot time at the point. He also is a solid scorer around the bucket, kind of reminds me of Maggette the way he attacks as well. Has absolutely no jumper either.

tl;dr, gets love due to being a tall "pg", isn't really a pg.

As far as his agent goes, yes, if Exum and his agent prefer one team, they could refuse work outs with other squads, or even multiple team work outs. Amare and his agent did this to the Clippers, who ended up taking Chris Wilcox at 8 and letting Amare go to the Suns at 9 due to not having the opportunity to work Amare out.

Sooooo... he's an undersized ballhandling athletic SF?

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Good shit. Let the Lakers draft the next Larry Hughes. We are laughing right now :oldlol:

qrich
04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Sooooo... he's an undersized ballhandling athletic SF?

Tocompare to a fellow draftee, think Kyle Anderson, with less passing ability but worlds more athleticism. A higher risk than Kyle, but his ceiling is sky high if he can add a bit of strength and a jumper.

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Used to be high on him, but now I lean more with Clyde. He hasn't even been against D-1 college ball competition. He's a big guard with decent ball-handling skills who has trouble finishing with both hands, can't shoot worth a damn, and has slightly above average passing skills even at the level of competition he's on. Go ahead L.A. Draft him. Also this sounds particularly shady imo.

Clyde
04-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Tocompare to a fellow draftee, think Kyle Anderson, with less passing ability but worlds more athleticism. A higher risk than Kyle, but his ceiling is sky high if he can add a bit of strength and a jumper.

Kyle Anderson lack of athleticism is cringe worthy.

He'll be good, I foresee Lamar Odom type of game....ability to to everything good, but nothing great.

ZenMaster
04-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Kyle Anderson lack of athleticism is cringe worthy.

He'll be good, I foresee Lamar Odom type of game....ability to to everything good, but nothing great.

Lamar was great at doing everything good though.

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Lamar was great at doing everything good though.

Some of the time, yeah.

coin24
04-22-2014, 06:35 PM
I still don't get the hype over this guy.. Potential and huge upside etc, those sound great in theory but the reality is the guy hasn't been playing. All you're basing judgement off is a few YouTube mixes from a year ago??

None of us are draft scouts, but look at the shit job they do most years:oldlol:
It's always a gamble but at least you can see how these other guys play against real competition in college..

outbreak
04-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Have you guys actually read his full interviews? In the same one he talked about L.A and learning under kobe he mentioned he would ideally like to go to orlando to play with Oladipo (their friends). In another one he gave to an australian news site he said he would like to play in Philly as he thinks they are building a strong culture. The kid is open to playing anywhere and it's just the stupid press who don't read everything he has said who are jumping on the twitter talking point of him mentioning L.A.

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 06:43 PM
I mean, if Hennigan picks him I know he's good because I trust Hennigan.

gts
04-22-2014, 08:45 PM
source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markheisler/2014/04/21/weather-forecast-for-lakers-kobe-bryant-is-upset/

:applause:

the answer to the OP is yes, he doesn't have to work out for anyone unless he wants too

BlackVVaves
04-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Used to be high on him, but now I lean more with Clyde. He hasn't even been against D-1 college ball competition. He's a big guard with decent ball-handling skills who has trouble finishing with both hands, can't shoot worth a damn, and has slightly above average passing skills even at the level of competition he's on. Go ahead L.A. Draft him. Also this sounds particularly shady imo.

You're back-pedaling cause you're feelings are hurt that (seemingly) he prefers to play in LA instead of Orlando, which is something you disputed in previous weeks.

gts
04-22-2014, 08:50 PM

How do people know this kid is even good enough to warrant a top draft pick? He's playing against Australians for god sakes.Considering 98%of the D1 college kids will never make a pro team on any level I don't see what your point is

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 08:50 PM
You're back-pedaling cause you're feelings are hurt that (seemingly) he prefers to play in LA instead of Orlando, which is something you disputed in previous weeks.
Nah. Not sold on him. Give me Wiggins. I trust in Hennigan regardless :confusedshrug:

BlackVVaves
04-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Nah. Not sold on him. Give me Wiggins. I trust in Hennigan regardless :confusedshrug:

So if your GM passes on him he must be bad, but if he picks him he must be good?

By your logic, there's no such thing as busts and misses in the draft.

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
So if your GM passes on him he must be bad, but if he picks him he must be good?

By your logic, there's no such thing as busts and misses in the draft.
Hennigan knows what he's doing. Worked under the Spurs and OKC.

ralph_i_el
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM

Then why would you even be on here giving your opinion?
You posted too much and fried your brain dude. Log off

STATUTORY
04-22-2014, 09:03 PM

and I trust Orlando player development, Exum gonna be good when he joins lakers in a few years :applause:

BlackVVaves
04-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Hennigan knows what he's doing. Worked under the Spurs and OKC.

The beauty of this statement is, we will undoubtedly revisit this discussion in 3 years to see if Hennigan is indeed as brilliant as you proclaim.

JUDGE WITNESS
04-22-2014, 09:06 PM
and I trust Orlando player development, Exum gonna be good when he joins lakers in a few years :applause:
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 09:07 PM
The beauty of this statement is, we will undoubtedly revisit this discussion in 3 years to see if Hennigan is indeed as brilliant as you proclaim.
Hell yes. When your team is still sucking dick and in the lottery and mine a contender we'll see I was right.

wakencdukest
04-22-2014, 09:13 PM

Exum to Orlando is the more likely scenario.

BlackVVaves
04-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Hell yes. When your team is still sucking dick and in the lottery and mine a contender we'll see I was right.

Who is my team Jameer :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Exum to Orlando is the more likely scenario.
I realize that.

Who is my team Jameer :oldlol:
Lakers.

BlackVVaves
04-22-2014, 09:30 PM
I realize that.

Lakers.

Wrong. Nice try though. Not everyone who thinks you're a deranged pedophile who jerks off to anime and 12 year olds' photos is a Lakers fan.

FYI, for your future endeavors.

TheMarkMadsen
04-22-2014, 09:32 PM
I realize that.

Lakers.

:roll:

sammichoffate
04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm honestly shocked Jameer is this active, doesn't he go to school for his age? :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
04-22-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm honestly shocked Jameer is this active, doesn't he go to school for his age? :oldlol:

The short bus gets you home early :confusedshrug:

oarabbus
04-22-2014, 09:41 PM

:roll:

AirTupac
04-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Have you guys actually read his full interviews? In the same one he talked about L.A and learning under kobe he mentioned he would ideally like to go to orlando to play with Oladipo (their friends). In another one he gave to an australian news site he said he would like to play in Philly as he thinks they are building a strong culture. The kid is open to playing anywhere and it's just the stupid press who don't read everything he has said who are jumping on the twitter talking point of him mentioning L.A.

He has said in interviews that Lakers are his best option lol. No "FAKE MEDIA" bs.

Jameerthefear
04-22-2014, 10:09 PM
He has said in interviews that Lakers are his best option lol. No "FAKE MEDIA" bs.
This story is bullshit speculation. You know what he meant.