PDA

View Full Version : The Bulls need to do WHATEVER it takes to get Melo this off-season

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:22 AM
It's such for a perfect fit for both player and team.

Chicago needs a go-to scorer in the worst way. Melo needs to be on a defensive-minded team with players willing to do the dirty work.

A potentially healthy D-Rose is just whipped cream on the sundae.

Get it done, GarPax. :rockon:

KDthunderup
04-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Rose
Butler
Melo
Boozer
Noah

Would be deadly

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Rose
Butler
Melo
Boozer
Noah

Would be deadly

Switch Boozer with Gibson...goodnight, Miami.

Mr. Incredible
04-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Lol. You guys say this every year.

KDthunderup
04-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Just have Gibson and Augustin coming off the bench

RightToCensor
04-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Horrid floor space for Melo

christian1923
04-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Just have Gibson and Augustin coming off the bench
They gotta get rid of boozer to get melo

KDthunderup
Horrid floor space for Melo
Rose and Butler can hit em from 3, Boozer and Noah are also both decent if left open from mid range.

Warfan
This thread hasn't been made 40 times already

KDthunderup
They gotta get rid of boozer to get melo
Thought they could still offer him around 15mill with the new salary cap increase?

Draz
04-23-2014, 12:31 AM
That's a good squad and a better team then the Knicks can offer honestly.

RRR3
04-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Rose and Butler can hit em from 3, Boozer and Noah are also both decent if left open from mid range.
Since when?

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:32 AM
This thread hasn't been made 40 times already

It's more poignant right now b/c the Bulls are about to be ousted in the first round. :lol

christian1923
04-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Thought they could still offer him around 15mill with the new salary cap increase?
They'll be at 64 million next season if they don't get rid of Booz. What's the new cap going to be?

imdaman99
OK... what can you give the Knicks to get him? You don't have enough money to entice him to sign straight up.

Phil Jackson will listen to your requests, Melo is not a Phil guy.

PickernRoller
Melo is coming to LA via UPS. Signature confirmation request by Phill Jackson.

DuMa
04-23-2014, 12:34 AM
not even Melo can save this shit Bulls offense

RightToCensor
Melo is best at PF.

KDthunderup
OK... what can you give the Knicks to get him? You don't have enough money to entice him to sign straight up.

They dont give the Knicks shit, they will get him in the free agency

KDthunderup
04-23-2014, 12:35 AM
Since when?
Butler went backwards with his 3pt shot this year probably because the spacing was shit, still can't leave him open and u srs that Rose cant shoot 3's?

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:36 AM

:biggums:

Melo's trying to save his legacy, he'll take less money to be on a contender. Same thing Dwight did.

No trade needed.

RRR3
Butler went backwards with his 3pt shot this year probably because the spacing was shit, still can't leave him open and u srs that Rose cant shoot 3's?
Rose isn't a good shooter

imdaman99
They dont give the Knicks shit, they will get him in the free agency
I can give you 30 million reasons why that won't happen.

imdaman99
04-23-2014, 12:37 AM
:biggums:

Melo's trying to save his legacy, he'll take less money to be on a contender. Same thing Dwight did.

No trade needed.
What contending team is Dwight on? :biggums:

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:37 AM
I can give you 30 million reasons why that won't happen.

Melo will take less money just like Dwight did. Everyone said Dwight would stay b/c of the money too.

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:38 AM
What contending team is Dwight on? :biggums:

They're a 4 seed in an extremely tough conference. :confusedshrug:

Don't let one game of round 1 fool you.

imdaman99
04-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Melo will take less money just like Dwight did. Everyone said Dwight would stay b/c of the money too.
Dwight didn't leave to join a contending team, he left because he couldn't handle being a teammate of a guy who wanted to do nothing but win. Dwight is not leading the Rockets anywhere. What was his quote today? "I guess i gotta demand the ball". That sound like someone who wants to win??? :hammerhead:

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Dwight didn't leave to join a contending team, he left because he couldn't handle being a teammate of a guy who wanted to do nothing but win. Dwight is not leading the Rockets anywhere. What was his quote today? "I guess i gotta demand the ball". That sound like someone who wants to win??? :hammerhead:

:facepalm

You're fooling yourself if you think Dwight would be in a better situation with the Lakers than he is now with Houston.

Anyways, I really don't give a f*** about Dwight. :lol

My point is, Melo will be willing to take a pay cut if it puts him in a better position to win.

imdaman99
04-23-2014, 12:47 AM

You're fooling yourself if you think Dwight would be in a better situation with the Lakers than he is now with Houston.

Anyways, I really don't give a f*** about Dwight. :lol

My point is, Melo will be willing to take a pay cut if it puts him in a better position to win.
I'm all for that... as long as the Knicks get something for him :oldlol:

He is the one who forced the Knicks to gut themselves to trade for him after all, even lost this year's draft pick.

They should work out a sign and trade, although I know he doesn't owe shit to anyone, but I don't want him jetting leaving a bad taste in every Knickfans mouth.

RightToCensor
04-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Knicks fans are in so much denial. No lottery pick, lost Melo, still has Smith for 2 years, still has Amare, hasn't won a title since WW2.

MellowYellow
04-23-2014, 12:49 AM

He is the one who forced the Knicks to gut themselves to trade for him after all, even lost this year's draft pick.

They should work out a sign and trade, although I know he doesn't owe shit to anyone, but I don't want him jetting leaving a bad taste in every Knickfans mouth.

No it's the Knicks fault for not putting the requisite talent around him, and making like a million bad decisions.

AintNoSunshine
04-23-2014, 12:52 AM

Sure, you just added another superstar to an already pretty good team. If Miama can somehow add another superstar big man they'll put all other teams to sleep too

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Sure, you just added another superstar to an already pretty good team. If Miama can somehow add another superstar big man they'll put all other teams to sleep too

Miami already did their colluding, bro...give another team a chance. :lol

TheMilkyBarKid
04-23-2014, 01:04 AM
ammensty Boozer, bring in Mirotic plus Melo and a rose return :rockon:
Sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

Upgrayedd
04-23-2014, 01:07 AM
C: Noah
PF: Taj
SF: Melo
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

6th man: Mirotic

Upgrayedd
04-23-2014, 01:13 AM

Would a Miami Heat fan honestly complain about another team being too stacked? Seriously?

Heat fans are the worst.

AintNoSunshine
04-23-2014, 01:21 AM

Would a Miami Heat fan honestly complain about another team being too stacked? Seriously?

Heat fans are the worst.

:facepalm First of all I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that to suggest adding another superstar to an already good team would beat Miami doesn't mean nothing. Adding a superstar to any team changes a lot of things.

Second of all, Bron took your franchise player's soul, beat your team everytime they meet in PO, your team simply is the last thing we worry about.

Koontzy
04-23-2014, 04:32 AM
Bulls would fit well with Melo but I don't see him going there. I see him coming to Charlotte to be the new superstar of the return of the Hornets :)

blablabla
04-23-2014, 06:22 AM

pretty sure they can't get Mirotic if they sign melo even with the new cap

Number24
04-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Rose
Butler
Melo
Boozer
Noah

Would be deadly
First things first. D-Rose must be healthy or you'll be forever rekindling that golden MJ era of Bulls basketball!!!

poido123
04-23-2014, 08:47 AM

I hope you are getting ready to burn your Melo jerseys.

Melo to Bulls makes a lot of sense and Bulls will amnesty Boozer if it means they can get Melo to sign.

97 bulls
04-23-2014, 10:20 AM

This is what I want to see. Hopefully the Bulls can keep Augustine and Dunleavy as well

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Won't matter. They will just lose to LeBron

SwishSquared
04-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Just for kicks, what do you guys think about this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mbvftrt

Bulls send 2014 Charlotte 1st rounder & 2016 1st rounder. Amnesty Boozer, sign Lowry & Mirotic.

OR
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=md9rezd

Send both 2014 1st rounders and 2016 pick. Knicks would be sure-fire lotto team next season where there will supposedly be a number of intriguing PFs/Cs entering the draft. Good way to tank, take on more expiring deals, and collect picks.

Not saying any of these are remotely close to realistic, but what would you guys think about Bulls' roster going forward if any of these deals happened?

NYCPG
04-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Why would Melo leave NY, give up 30 MIL to go to a team that will probably get swept in the first round this year by the Wizards? Lateral move at best. Melo has a better chance at being patient and waiting for Phil to attract talent.

SwishSquared
04-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Why would Melo leave NY, give up 30 MIL to go to a team that will probably get swept in the first round this year by the Wizards? Lateral move at best. Melo has a better chance at being patient and waiting for Phil to attract talent.

I think Melo has said he doesn't want to wait another year to contend. Waiting for all that cap space in 2015 though could turn out great though.

re: the $30M dollars- superstars likely get an opt out after 3 seasons (like Dwight) so they can resign another huge multi-year deal to make up for the lost guaranteed $30M. I ultimately think he stays though.