PDA

View Full Version : Lance Stephenson and Evan Turner fought before Game 1

Inferno
04-23-2014, 02:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacers-fight-each-other-on-eve-of-playoffs--finally-take-swing-at-hawks-in-game-2-062419341.html

[QUOTE]INDIANAPOLIS

J Shuttlesworth
04-23-2014, 02:50 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU thats crazy. Turns out the speculation, that Evan Turner is the cause of their downfall, might be right.

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Stephenson is such a f*ckboy, heroin overdose in his future

derb2k2
04-23-2014, 02:53 AM
there are a select few NBA players I really dislike and Stephenson recently joined that group.

He's a loathsome motherf****

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 02:54 AM
tmz type of basketball talk

exclusive to ish

Black and White
04-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Lance :facepalm what the hell man, he ego needs to be flattened

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 02:56 AM
http://sportsgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lance-Stephenson-And-Dywane-Wade-GIF.gif

ABfor3
04-23-2014, 03:07 AM
Lance :facepalm what the hell man, he ego needs to be flattened
Definitely takes a big ego to wear And1 shoes in the NBA

KrizMiz
04-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Definitely takes a big ego to wear And1 shoes in the NBA

he earns unter $1 mil , he cant afford these $300 Lebron or Kobe or Durant sneakers

ABfor3
04-23-2014, 03:15 AM
he earns unter $1 mil , he cant afford these $300 Lebron or Kobe or Durant sneakers
:kobe: that's a bar tab to this nikka

Warfan
04-23-2014, 03:15 AM
Atleast he stopped beating up women

moe94
04-23-2014, 04:10 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img838/6751/97t.gif

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 04:10 AM
:D

fiddy
04-23-2014, 04:19 AM
he has his own

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh6t67jCQAESQQT.jpg

tomtucker
04-23-2014, 05:04 AM
pretty sure they made nice with eachother later on............with a good swordfight in the shower

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 05:04 AM
he has his own

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh6t67jCQAESQQT.jpg
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Brokenbeat
04-23-2014, 05:29 AM

Bwahahahah :applause: :oldlol:

The original is pretty funny too (that old lady just clocks her, lol).

sportjames23
04-23-2014, 05:39 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

senelcoolidge
04-23-2014, 05:40 AM
Stephenson is such a f*ckboy, heroin overdose in his future

That's kind of funny. But yeah he sometimes looks like he's high..not weed high either.

fiddy
04-23-2014, 05:41 AM
That's kind of funny. But yeah he sometimes looks like he's high..not weed high either.
meth

ILLsmak
04-23-2014, 05:43 AM
more surprised ET would try to fight Lance lol

-Smak

Number24
04-23-2014, 06:02 AM
They are fighting for one reason, the right to stay for the next season or two. Unless Paul George leaves, one of them will stay and the other must go!

fiddy
04-23-2014, 06:23 AM
They are fighting for one reason, the right to stay for the next season or two. Unless Paul George leaves, one of them will stay and the other must go!
PG is a RFA, i highly doubt the Pacers let him go

Number24
04-23-2014, 06:37 AM
PG is a RFA, i highly doubt the Pacers let him go
exactly!!!
I'll have Lance...

leaving... :D

fiddy
04-23-2014, 06:50 AM
exactly!!!
I'll have Lance...

leaving... :D
I dont mind seeing him in a Lakers uniform.

Budadiiii
04-23-2014, 07:03 AM
So many immature guys on this team...

I kinda like it though.

At the end of the day they all have to go out and play for the same goal..

Once you're on that court together you are BROTHERS. Take your frustrations out on the other team... channel that energy....

I really want to see my Pacers go far this year. NBA Finals far. I BOLIVE.

Real Men Wear Green
04-23-2014, 07:16 AM
They're in a similar mold as players with Stephenson being better and Turner apparently having a better attitude. The team won't keep both long-term and that could have created tension between the two of them with Stephenson seeing Turner as his vastly inferior eventual replacement.

HomieWeMajor
04-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Light skin vs Dark Skin again
Can't we just all get along

Dro
04-23-2014, 08:12 AM
I knew they didn't like each other because they're in direct competition with each other...Maybe Bird brought Turner in to push Lance this year with no intentions on keeping Turner next year. Whatever the reason, its kind've Bird's fault for bringing a player so similar to one you already have. Everybody's speculating who's fault it is and using it as a chance to sh*t on Lance. Something posters seem like they have been dying to do, lol. I didn't like Lance attitude yesterday when he was taken out the game and now I see the cause of it..There was no mention of this anywhere on local media last night...I haven't had a chance to check today...

fpliii
04-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Damn, learn your place Turner. :facepalm The sheer ****ing audacity.

Dro
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
:lol Whats crazy is I actually like Turner's game...I like his ballhandling and his playmaking ability...His defense is just bad....

moe94
04-23-2014, 08:25 AM

I really hope this was a joke. :biggums:

If Lance is disrespecting him, I'd hope Turner isn't backing down.

fpliii
04-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I really hope this was a joke. :biggums:

If Lance is disrespecting him, I'd hope Turner isn't backing down.
I'm not saying it in support of Lance, but IMO if you're just traded to a team, you should try extra hard to mesh with the team. Unless Lance comes out of nowhere swinging, check yourself.

Dro
04-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm not saying it in support of Lance, but IMO if you're just traded to a team, you should try extra hard to mesh with the team. Unless Lance comes out of nowhere swinging, check yourself.
Well Lance has a style that can get under players skin and he's like that in practice too:oldlol:

moe94
04-23-2014, 08:38 AM

Apparently they were trading words which led to blows. Lance apparently had the same issues with prior teammates. He's a headcase. Love his game and style but I cannot see Turner being at fault here. :oldlol:

Dro
04-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Apparently they were trading words which led to blows. Lance apparently had the same issues with prior teammates. He's a headcase. Love his game and style but I cannot see Turner being at fault here. :oldlol:
Unfortunately you're probably right...I hate to admit it though because I love Lance as a player but he's gotta get along with his teammates...

STATUTORY
04-23-2014, 08:44 AM
i wonder what hibbert had to say about this

ni99a always seem to have some sort of comments

Jlamb47
04-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Lance prolly punked him. Lance got that attitude that scares players.

Dro
04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Lance hasn't liked Turner since he got here...He's mean mugged him on the court and left him hanging on high 5's....He sees him as direct competition. Lance still has some maturing to do obviously...

STATUTORY
04-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Lance hasn't liked Turner since he got here...He's mean mugged him on the court and left him hanging on high 5's....He sees him as direct competition. Lance still has some maturing to do obviously...
turner's got that doey eye, victim, mulatto look to him, I would do the same thing if I were lance

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:37 AM
turner's got that doey eye, victim, mulatto look to him, I would do the same thing if I were lance
:lol

By all accounts though, Evan is a nice guy...

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Typical t.hug. This guy will die on the streets or prison eventually.

STATUTORY
04-23-2014, 09:53 AM
:lol

By all accounts though, Evan is a nice guy...

most of these light skinned caramel brothas are

that's why they get shat on by the raw dark chocolate brothas

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:54 AM
most of these light skinned caramel brothas are

that's why they get shat on by the raw dark chocolate brothas
:oldlol:

fiddy
04-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Typical t.hug. This guy will die on the streets or prison eventually.
Or of a heart attack while beating your mom's beaver

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Stephenson ate glue and pissed in sandboxes as a kid.

red1
04-23-2014, 10:43 AM
dont even need to read the article to know that stephenson instigated it. good on turner

hawksdogsbraves
04-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Stephenson isn't even that good. The Pacers would be wise to let him walk and become someone else's problem. Some shitty team like Milwaukee/Detroit/Sacramento is going to give him big money and he's going to ruin them. Total team cancer, if you want to do anything in the playoffs you'd better make sure he's not part of your core.

Dresta
04-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Stephenson isn't even that good. The Pacers would be wise to let him walk and become someone else's problem. Some shitty team like Milwaukee/Detroit/Sacramento is going to give him big money and he's going to ruin them. Total team cancer, if you want to do anything in the playoffs you'd better make sure he's not part of your core.
What, like make it to game 7 of the conference finals?

Have the Hawks even made it that far in the past 40 years? Remember, as a Hawks fan, your expertise comes in knowing how to fall short time and time again, not to succeed.

Dro
04-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Guy leads the league in triple doubles and he's not that good....Just because you don't like his attitude doesn't mean you have to hate on his game...I don't like some of the sh*t he pulls either...but to act like he's not a very good ballhandler, passer, and finisher, a decent shooter and an above average defender is disingenuous at best. He's also getting better. He needs to tone down the crazy but lets not act like most championship teams don't have a little bit of crazy on their team...He also needs to improve his basketball IQ...He makes some very dumb plays sometimes..

imdaman99
04-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Guy leads the league in triple doubles and he's not that good....Just because you don't like his attitude doesn't mean you have to hate on his game...I don't like some of the sh*t he pulls either...but to act like he's not a very good ballhandler, passer, and finisher, a decent shooter and an above average defender is disingenuous at best. He's also getting better. He needs to tone down the crazy but lets not act like most championship teams don't have a little bit of crazy on their team...He also needs to improve his basketball IQ...He makes some very dumb plays sometimes..
Dude, he is a rich man's JR Smith. He is angry with the world because he got drafted in the 2nd round. He is a NY guy, but I can't root for him even though I wanna. He gets triple doubles because he is trying to pad his assists to GET that triple double, and often its to the detriment of the team. Not saying he isn't talented, but he is not a very good teammate. He indeed has a lot of growing up to do, but then again this is early in his career.

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 11:50 AM
I wanted Wade to say "kiss the rings, bitch"

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/lance-stephenson-talking-shit-to-dwyane-wade.gif

Heavincent
04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
The occasional practice fight is good for a team. Some coaches love that shit.

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
seen this. he also pushes him when he tells him to inbound the ball

Dro
04-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Dude, he is a rich man's JR Smith. He is angry with the world because he got drafted in the 2nd round. He is a NY guy, but I can't root for him even though I wanna. He gets triple doubles because he is trying to pad his assists to GET that triple double, and often its to the detriment of the team. Not saying he isn't talented, but he is not a very good teammate. He indeed has a lot of growing up to do, but then again this is early in his career.
Not disagreeing with any of this...I'm simply talking about his ability as a basketball player since someone said he "wasn't that good". Why are people on this forum constantly trying to see if their team can get him next year? Because he has a ton of potential and he's good basketball player. JR Smith is a chucker who shoots a low percentage, Lance is far from a chucker and he's shooting around 50%. And he stat padded for maybe 2 of his triple doubles, the others came in the flow of the game.

People call Lebron a statpadder...

Dro
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
The occasional practice fight is good for a team. Some coaches love that shit.
It happens all the time in the NBA. Its nothing new to NBA players, it just happened that the timing of this one was horrible...

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 12:21 PM
This Dro dude is damage control for the Pacers 24/7 :oldlol:

ZenMaster
04-23-2014, 12:34 PM

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/lance-stephenson-talking-shit-to-dwyane-wade.gif

There was nothing he could say that wouldn't have made Wade himself look like a complete dumbass in this gif.

Embarrasing behaviour by one of the best players in the league.

Im Still Ballin
04-23-2014, 12:36 PM

lance tryna act thug, dwade just laughin at him. Dwade straight up stylin on this niqqa.

TMT
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Stephenson is a cancer. George Hill and Evan Turner aren't guys who are going to instigate a fight. This guy is a chemistry killer and needs to go.

navy
04-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Stephenson is a cancer. George Hill and Evan Turner aren't guys who are going to instigate a fight. This guy is a chemistry killer and needs to go.
Probably this. Stephenson probably called them out for their terrible play.

Brokenbeat
04-23-2014, 12:54 PM
lance tryna act thug, dwade just laughin at him. Dwade straight up stylin on this niqqa.

Lol, wat? He told on him like some bitchmade little kid. :facepalm

UK2K
04-23-2014, 01:19 PM
pretty sure they made nice with eachother later on............with a good swordfight in the shower
I've heard thats how the Nets solve disagreements

stephanieg
04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Wait, NBA players fought over something that wasn't money, women, or drugs? Brings a tear to my eye. Who says players don't play for the competition anymore?

Dro
04-23-2014, 01:39 PM
There was nothing he could say that wouldn't have made Wade himself look like a complete dumbass in this gif.

Embarrasing behaviour by one of the best players in the league.
Still can't believe the whole Heat team surrounding the ref trying to get him to call a tech on Lance:oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
04-23-2014, 02:04 PM
What, like make it to game 7 of the conference finals?

Have the Hawks even made it that far in the past 40 years? Remember, as a Hawks fan, your expertise comes in knowing how to fall short time and time again, not to succeed.

He was a role player last year, nothing more. Averaged 8ppg. Role players don't cause locker room problems because you can ship them out at any time. He's improved his numbers to the point now that he demands respect.

And how is calling out the Hawks' lack of success pertinent to this discussion or to my 'expertise' as a spectator? What a ridiculously stupid argument from a god awful troll.

UK2K
04-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Sign and trade him.

Swap him and Batum ans play PG at the 2. Sign and trade for Rondo and Hill.

Sign and trade for anything except a SG (PG) or C (theyre stuck with Hibbert for signing him to that awful, awful contract, and when I say stuck, I mean nobody wants him, so hes your C by default).

The question is what team would want him?

Dro
04-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Sign and trade him.

Sign and trade for anything except a SG (PG) or C (theyre stuck with Hibbert for signing him to that awful, awful contract, and when I say stuck, I mean nobody wants him, so hes your C by default).

You mean Lance or Hibbert? As horrible as Hibbert has been, someone who needs a rim protector would grab him. NBA gm's are not as fickle as fans on a message board...His contract is like 14 mil per year...Definitely too much for him but considering players are making over 20 mil per year, a team with enough cap space would take him. It depends on the makeup of your team. You needs some scorers around him and then sign him if you need a final piece to protect the rim.

As far as Lance, many teams would take him.

As far as your hypothetical trade proposal. I really like it and I think Batum and Rondo would be great fits on the Pacers....I have always maintained that Rondo would be a great fit on the Pacers...

BlackVVaves
04-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Remember when Hibbert said this?

"We've fallen in love with the jump shot for a while," Hibbert said. "People feel like they have it going and they want to do it themselves sometimes. That's just how it works. I feel like two guys that I have 100 percent trust in doing that is Paul and David. I feel like they should have carte blanche on whatever they want to do in terms of attacking the paint and (put) the ball's in their hands because they've earned my respect."

"They're able to do it at a high level, even if they start off a little slow but I know they're going to bring it. Those guys have the green light whenever they have it, but other than that I think we should move the ball and get people involved."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...nicks/6637785/

Would seem not everyone on the Pacers thinks Turner is the problem...

BlackVVaves
04-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Sign and trade him.

Why would the Blazers want Stephenson :biggums:

If they trade Batum, it would probably be for a fringe star, not a fringe head case that doesn't address a team need.

SwayDizzle
04-23-2014, 04:03 PM
http://sportsgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lance-Stephenson-And-Dywane-Wade-GIF.gif
OMG I love Wade so much in this gif

Inferno
04-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Looks like Turner won the fight doe? He was the one who had to be dragged away :applause:

UK2K
04-23-2014, 04:17 PM
You mean Lance or Hibbert? As horrible as Hibbert has been, someone who needs a rim protector would grab him. NBA gm's are not as fickle as fans on a message board...His contract is like 14 mil per year...Definitely too much for him but considering players are making over 20 mil per year, a team with enough cap space would take him. It depends on the makeup of your team. You needs some scorers around him and then sign him if you need a final piece to protect the rim.

As far as Lance, many teams would take him.

As far as your hypothetical trade proposal. I really like it and I think Batum and Rondo would be great fits on the Pacers....I have always maintained that Rondo would be a great fit on the Pacers...
The pacers are stuck with Hibbert because he may only make 15m next season, but hes a max contract locked in for 3 (or 4?) Seasons more.

Defensive centers can be had for half his price.

Asik>>>> Hibbert at half the price. Asik averaged 16 rebounds per game when Howard went down for two weeks. Hibbert has averaged 3 rebounds per game this month.

Defensive centers who dont rebound and are a liability on offense dont cost 15m.

BlackVVaves
04-23-2014, 04:21 PM
The pacers are stuck with Hibbert because he may only make 15m next season, but hes a max contract locked in for 3 (or 4?) Seasons more.

Defensive centers can be had for half his price.

Asik>>>> Hibbert at half the price. Asik averaged 16 rebounds per game when Howard went down for two weeks. Hibbert has averaged 3 rebounds per game this month.

Defensive centers who dont rebound and are a liability on offense dont cost 15m.

This. And nobody is taking on that contract for that kind of replaceable production until it's expiring.

Verticality
04-23-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm fully convinced Hibbert was mainly talking about Lance when calling out selfish teammates. Lance is looking to get paid, and is therefore looking out for #1 only. Hopefully Lance doesn't get the payday he has been looking for now that the word that he is a bad teammate will likely spread. Screw him.

STATUTORY
04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Me too.

Because he's on such a superior intelligence level, when he sees the level of idiotic, monkey level intelligence and form in front in front of him ...

He doesn't view Stephenson as an actual threat, he views him and sees the transparency for the clown he is.

Then just laughs it all off.

:pimp:

I see a bitchmade jelly ass ni99a snitching and campaigning for the white man to tear another successful brotha down.

Brokenbeat
04-23-2014, 05:44 PM
I see a bitchmade jelly ass ni99a snitching and campaigning for the white man to tear another successful brotha down.

http://2.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvpx4n9fC11qzun17o1_500.png

iBandwagon
04-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Was the OP corrected yet that it was before game 2? If not, the fight was before game 2.

Relinquish
04-23-2014, 06:19 PM
http://2.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvpx4n9fC11qzun17o1_500.png

:roll: :roll: :applause:

eliteballer
04-23-2014, 09:54 PM
No news on what they fought about?

becken
04-24-2014, 06:20 AM
Before reading the story I knew Lance Stevenson was involved.The man is a good player but he seems to let his emotions get the best of him.

Dro
04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
So this morning on the local news, they interviewed Lance and asked him about how he feels about Turner. I can't remember word for word but basically he said he's always like Evan as a player since he came in as the 2nd pick and he doesn't have anything against him, he said he was a good guy. Seemed like he was being honest if you had saw it. Said the fight was just something that happened because of the stress surrounding the team and they were going extra hard in practice to prepare for game 2. So hopefully they can move past this. Paul George said the team chemistry was much better after game 2 so we'll see going forward.

iBandwagon
04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Hard to like a team that doesn't like themselves.

AintNoSunshine
04-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Damn first Hibbert and now Stephenson. I'm totally enjoying this mess

senelcoolidge
04-24-2014, 02:51 PM
I bet you if Lance plays outside of Vogel's system he will be nothing once again. Get rid of him if he is such a cancer.

oh the horror
04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
So this morning on the local news, they interviewed Lance and asked him about how he feels about Turner. I can't remember word for word but basically he said he's always like Evan as a player since he came in as the 2nd pick and he doesn't have anything against him, he said he was a good guy. Seemed like he was being honest if you had saw it. Said the fight was just something that happened because of the stress surrounding the team and they were going extra hard in practice to prepare for game 2. So hopefully they can move past this. Paul George said the team chemistry was much better after game 2 so we'll see going forward.

Hope so. Would like some real competition for Miami. The east is atrocious.

Prometheus
04-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Lance Stephenson is just a walking cringe. God I hate that guy.