PDA

View Full Version : Dolan tries to stop Phil Jackson's staff firings

fiddy
04-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Phil Jackson's formidable task of rebuilding the Knicks and establishing a professional, winning culture at Madison Square Garden has already hit a familiar roadblock: James Dolan.

Just one month into his role as Knicks president, Jackson has already clashed with Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden, over personnel decisions, the Daily News has learned. According to a team source, Jackson is looking to remove several staff members, which is commonplace when a new administration takes over, but Dolan opposes removing certain employees.

full article http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/source-dolan-stop-jackson-knick-staff-firings-article-1.1765645

FireDavidKahn
04-23-2014, 08:01 AM
:oldlol:

moe94
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
You hear that? Formidable.

D-FENS
04-23-2014, 08:07 AM
Phil needs to get out of there ASAP. Dolan is a real POS

IMObjective
04-23-2014, 08:08 AM
You'd think after all the recent failures, Dolan would want to step back and let someone like Phil run things. Looks like Dolan will always be a hindrance.

Bobcats2013
04-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Dolan wants to keep his interns. What's the big deal? Even the don needs a little c0ck once in a while.

poido123
04-23-2014, 08:17 AM
So, Knicks have achieved fcuk all over the years and Dolan doesn't want to let a guy who has been successful wherever he goes run the show and get the Knicks to relevancy?

Maybe Dolan feels like his ass should be fired too and is just getting in the way of what is long overdue and needs to be done.

Dolan probably hanging onto buddies who aren't helping the Knicks going forward.

fpliii
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Is Dolan trying to keep CAA ******s around? :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
04-23-2014, 08:48 AM
big surprise :rolleyes:

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Should be able to amnesty the owners somehow.

Akrazotile
04-23-2014, 09:09 AM
So, Knicks have achieved fcuk all over the years and Dolan doesn't want to let a guy who has been successful wherever he goes

You mean hes been successful wherever Michael, Scottie, Shaq, and Pau go...

Basketbolero
04-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Dolan wants to keep his moles.
That's right. And PJax is taking none of that, which is why he is getting paid all that money.

Jackson has all the leverage here, Dolan can go fvck himself trying to run the Knicks like it's his family's business.

WoGiTaLiA1
04-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Wonder what role he still has Isiah Thomas doing that couldn't possibly be filled by a staple.

Uncle Drew
04-23-2014, 09:19 AM
This won't take long. Phil Jackson to LAL confirmed.

imdaman99
04-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Piece of shit Dolan wants to keep his spies around :roll: FCK OFF YOU USELESS OWNER. YOU ARE THE WORST

poido123
04-23-2014, 09:21 AM
You mean hes been successful wherever Michael, Scottie, Shaq, and Pau go...

Of course, Phil had nothing to do with it :lol One of the best people coaches and a guy who can handle some of the most difficult personalities in basketball.

A guy who can keep an alcoholic and loose rodman in check on the Bulls second 3peat deserves the "Great Coach" title..He also got the best out of Ron Artest who was key in the Laker's title run.

niko
04-23-2014, 09:25 AM
This isn't a story. This is Isola nitpicking because he (really) is treated like shit by the garden. If Dolan was fighting to keep the scouts, or GM, or basketball people then this is a story. When Dolan asks if some long time people can possibly keep their jobs, that's actually normal. When new bosses come in they clean house, but they don't literally fire everyone, and if they do they do need to discuss it with their bosses.

Total non story, same as the Kerr story. Kerr wants to coach GS. They are a better team now and close to his house. The headline? KERR FEARS DYSFUNCTION AT GARDEN. Isola has an agenda. Look at the actual story.

Dolan's a terrible boss but asking to keep very low level employees if possible is not a evil agenda.

fiddy
04-23-2014, 09:32 AM
This isn't a story. This is Isola nitpicking because he (really) is treated like shit by the garden. If Dolan was fighting to keep the scouts, or GM, or basketball people then this is a story. When Dolan asks if some long time people can possibly keep their jobs, that's actually normal. When new bosses come in they clean house, but they don't literally fire everyone, and if they do they do need to discuss it with their bosses.

Total non story, same as the Kerr story. Kerr wants to coach GS. They are a better team now and close to his house. The headline? KERR FEARS DYSFUNCTION AT GARDEN. Isola has an agenda. Look at the actual story.

Dolan's a terrible boss but asking to keep very low level employees if possible is not a evil agenda.

Just give up and buy a Nets jersey.

Akrazotile
04-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Of course, Phil had nothing to do with it :lol One of the best people coaches and a guy who can handle some of the most difficult personalities in basketball.

A guy who can keep an alcoholic and loose rodman in check on the Bulls second 3peat deserves the "Great Coach" title..He also got the best out of Ron Artest who was key in the Laker's title run.

Rodman had plenty of success without Phil, Artest was already a first team defender.

I guess ol "personality manager" couldnt convince Michael not to retire and keep a dynasty at its peak together uninterrupted.

I guess he couldnt keep Shaq and Kobe together after they started feuding. Sure, the intial honeymoon and common goal when stars come together is easy. But what happens after theyve been together a while and already achieved the highest goal? Does Phil keep Pau focused and counsel his butthurt about Shannon Brown fukcig his girlfriend? Does he keep Bynum from goofing around and playing like a jackass bc he feels there are "trust issues"???

Actually the common theme among Phils teams is that after they exhaust their initial peak talent which any decent nba coach can do, they all splinter caustically, exacerbated by Phils own massive ego.

"11 durrrr rings doyyyy." Yeah, its easy to make that argument when youre a tiny minded fool. Btw Horry > MJ and Spo > Carlisle

:rolleyes:

uber
04-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Wonder what role he still has Isiah Thomas doing that couldn't possibly be filled by a staple.

:roll:

poido123
04-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Rodman had plenty of success without Phil, Artest was already a first team defender.

I guess ol "personality manager" couldnt convince Michael not to retire and keep a dynasty at its peak together uninterrupted.

I guess he couldnt keep Shaq and Kobe together after they started feuding. Sure, the intial honeymoon and common goal when stars come together is easy. But what happens after theyve been together a while and already achieved the highest goal? Does Phil keep Pau focused and counsel his butthurt about Shannon Brown fukcig his girlfriend? Does he keep Bynum from goofing around and playing like a jackass bc he feels there are "trust issues"???

Actually the common theme among Phils teams is that after they exhaust their initial peak talent which any decent nba coach can do, they all splinter caustically, exacerbated by Phils own massive ego.

"11 durrrr rings doyyyy." Yeah, its easy to make that argument when youre a tiny minded fool. Btw Horry > MJ and Spo > Carlisle

:rolleyes:

I don't care how you decipher it. If you have a rodman or Artest on your team, you have to be a good player's coach.

MJ was hardly an easy individual to handle either. It's one thing having lots of talent, its another thing turning that talent into championships teams and balancing ego's and roles on a team to make things work.

He's done it on plenty of occasions, so if you want to roll with the "he's had the best players" argument, well then you may as well discredit all of his success and disregard his ability to turn teams into successful ones.

Artillery
04-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Isola's closer to a tabloid writer than a journalist so I wouldn't put much stock into any of this.

STATUTORY
04-23-2014, 11:11 AM

:facepalm that's why we have assistant coach herb surfing regime after regimes and outlasting head coaches?

Dolans spies keep their gigs. Isola is always on point

DukeDelonte13
04-23-2014, 11:21 AM
That's right. And PJax is taking none of that, which is why he is getting paid all that money.

Jackson has all the leverage here, Dolan can go fvck himself trying to run the Knicks like it's his family's business.

How does Jackson have the leverage exactly? He's Dolan's employee.

LA_Showtime
04-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Can you imagine the backlash if Phil Jackson just resigned from his position? :roll:

fiddy
04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Can you imagine the backlash if Phil Jackson just resigned from his position? :roll:
More interference from Dolan and PJAX is gone.

VIntageNOvel
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM

i agree with nico on this one,
its all media hype, its a trivial matter
no need to make a big fuss out of it

niko
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
:facepalm that's why we have assistant coach herb surfing regime after regimes and outlasting head coaches?

Dolans spies keep their gigs. Isola is always on point
Herb's gone.

Patrick Chewing
04-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Fake-ass story from an idiotic, manic-depressive beat writer.

SpecialQue
04-23-2014, 02:22 PM

What the fvck...he JUST got there!

Rocketswin2013
04-23-2014, 02:24 PM
What a terrible owner. Seriously.

All Net
04-23-2014, 02:25 PM
You knew he would try and get involved.

Rocketswin2013
04-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Fake-ass story from an idiotic, manic-depressive beat writer.
Well, you guys know more about Isola than I. Even though i know he's a dipshit because he kept complaining about Hakeem giving players post move lessons. But why do you think it's fake?

SexSymbol
04-23-2014, 02:28 PM
I think that Phil Jackson should pull out the big guns.
What I mean by that is that they should get Zach Randolph, so the Knicks could have a BEAST to throw the ball down low to.

Cold soul
04-23-2014, 02:55 PM
It sounds like both are off to rocky start, I highly doubt Phil finishes his contract up with the Knicks. Dolan is a terrible owner.

mattvNJ
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
What I mean by that is that they should get Zach Randolph, so the Knicks could have a BEAST to throw the ball down low to.

would reeally doubt he leaves the grizz. He's said numerous times he loves it there and has changed for the better. Especially to leave to be on the ****ing knicks.

ballin33
04-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Phil really does has his work cut out for him in new york

no pun intended
04-23-2014, 03:01 PM
You hear that? Formidable.
they scared now

Sarcastic
04-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Well, you guys know more about Isola than I. Even though i know he's a dipshit because he kept complaining about Hakeem giving players post move lessons. But why do you think it's fake?

Because Phil Jackson in his press conference today pretty much dismissed the story saying Dolan didn't do that.

So is Phil lying or is Asshola making up another derogatory story about the Knicks like he always does.

uber
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Dolan wouldn't try. If he really wanted to stop Phil from firing some guys he would have just done it.

Don't belive every BS from the media :facepalm

2LeTTeRS
04-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Did I really just see a post from WoGiTaLiA1? How the hell are you man?

SexSymbol
04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
would reeally doubt he leaves the grizz. He's said numerous times he loves it there and has changed for the better. Especially to leave to be on the ****ing knicks.
it was a joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

becken
04-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Only James Dolan is capable of paying an employee 60 Million for 5 years and not letting him do his job. The problem with the Knicks wasn't Woodson, not Carmelo or any other player, it's Dolan! When the head of the fish is rotten the whole fish is rotten. Dolan you straight up stink!

fragokota
04-23-2014, 06:07 PM
The guy is a joke of an owner if that's rue

Sarcastic
04-23-2014, 06:17 PM
The guy is a joke of an owner if that's rue

It's neither true nor is it rue.

smoovegittar
04-23-2014, 06:21 PM

Thanks for keeping it real. Isola's still angry they snubbed him at the press conference. And to think I come here for the news...

smoovegittar
04-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Been there. I'd rather have Jefferson.

Relinquish
04-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Dolan you fvckin imbecile :roll:

aboss4real24
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
This Story is Proven to be false

ILLsmak
04-23-2014, 07:15 PM

Phil is an amazing dude. I can look up to his ability... one that I don't have... to just say **** it.

He got paid. He can just troll around if dude wants him to. You think Phil will stop writing books? or saying shit? He can write a book about what a dick Dolan is. lol.

Phil has won enough. While I'm sure he wants to win, I also get the feeling that Phil can just be like... once he feels his toes are stepped on... oh well, I'll just be a figure head then... and collect my check.

-Smak

becken
04-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Only James Dolan is capable of paying an employee 60 Million for 5 years and not letting him do his job. The problem with the Knicks wasn't Woodson, not Carmelo or any other player, it's Dolan! When the head of the fish is rotten the whole fish is rotten. Dolan you straight up stink!