PDA

View Full Version : I'm disgusted at NBA basketball. Refs Fixed Hawks/Pacers game.

Richesly
04-23-2014, 08:09 AM
I understand this is a business, I really do, but last night's Hawks @ Pacers game was unacceptable. I had never seen such a poorly officiated game in my life, so I assume it was officiated correctly by the league's means.

For those who watched the game, know what I mean. I'm not even using my biasness, I understand I am a Hawks fan, but that was just ridiculous. It worries me how the NBA is so obvious with their fixing, that what's in the future in this series? Silver obviously did not want the Pacers to fall 0-2, because this was a possibility of being swept, thus, less money.

I still cannot believe it.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 08:20 AM
the fix has been in in at least 4 games so far. and we are only in the first round.:facepalm
1st game Memphis OKc. Memphis makes a gigantic run and has all the momentum, is only down 2 and boom there come 10 BS calls for OKC on both ends who also send players in foul trouble. imo Memphis would have won that game.
Brooklyn got their first game fixed for them as well. yesterday hawks pacers was very obvious and the reffing in game 1 of the Wrriors/Clips and Rockets/ Portland series was TERRIBLE as well, tho on both sides:facepalm
cant believe how retarded nba refs are

IncarceratedBob
04-23-2014, 08:21 AM
This would be one time I'd actually be ok with the NBA fixing a series. Hawks are boring as Fvck and Atlanta is horrid. No offense.

Richesly
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
This would be one time I'd actually be ok with the NBA fixing a series. Hawks are boring as Fvck and Atlanta is horrid. No offense.

are you ****ing retarded? Hawks are an exciting team to watch, they play REAL team ball. You're obviously some little 12 year old kid that just wants to see LeBron or Durant dunk.

navy
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I dont know if it was fixed, might have just been regular home cooking. Refs tend to get caught up in the crowd sometimes. It wasnt evenly officiated, but I dont know about a rig job.

Richesly
04-23-2014, 08:26 AM
I dont know if it was fixed, might have just been regular home cooking. Refs tend to get caught up in the crowd sometimes. It wasnt evenly officiated, but I dont know about a rig job.

What worries me is that I think Coach Bud was involved in fixing against his own team.

andremiller07
04-23-2014, 08:30 AM
are you ****ing retarded? Hawks are an exciting team to watch, they play REAL team ball. You're obviously some little 12 year old kid that just wants to see LeBron or Durant dunk.
This, they are a poor man's version of the Spurs I love watching them move the ball honestly as long as they keep the ball movement up they will eventually hit wide open shots.

coin24
04-23-2014, 08:31 AM
The second half of the Bulls Wizards game 2 was disgusting, Bulls got every single call even Kerr was talking about it:oldlol:
Nene and Gortat were getting mauled and no calls also:facepalm

The reffing has been shithouse in all of the games ive watched so far these playoffs.. Especially with getting certain players into early foul trouble:rolleyes:

r15mohd
04-23-2014, 08:54 AM
even the Indy sports reporters are calling it out...shameful stuff, Hawks should be up 2-0 :facepalm

The Pacers outscored the Hawks 31-13 in the third quarter alone, as part of a second half where the Pacers outscored Atlanta 45-15 in the first 17 and a half minutes. Without a doubt, the Pacers were better defensively, but they were helped along the way by an officiating crew that was whistle happy in the first half allowing more activity for the Pacers in the second half.

Link: http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/4/22/5642160/nba-playoffs-pacers-pull-out-dominating-second-half-in-blowout-win-hawks-1-1

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:13 AM
even the Indy sports reporters are calling it out...shameful stuff, Hawks should be up 2-0 :facepalm
So nobody wants to say anything about them being whistle happy in the 1st half AGAINST the Pacers but when the tables were turned in the 2nd half is a problem? Of course it is..:rolleyes:

Anyway...

The Hawks combined for 4-of-11 shooting for 9 points against Paul George as their primary defender. George forced seven turnovers when he was the primary defender. - Paul George was also 9-of-16 shooting on Tuesday, first time since March 14 he shot better than 50% from the field
Damn refs:facepalm

The Hawks were 8-of-15 (53.3%) on open jump shots in the first half and ended the first half with a four-point lead. That quickly vanished in the second half when the Hawks went 3-of-17 (17.6%) open jump shots. --An open jump shot is any jumpers outside of 10 feet with a defender more than four feet away from the shooter.
Damn refs making the Hawks miss open jump shots:facepalm

MVP: It was a huge performance from Paul George, whose overall line for the night was 27 points, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and a block. George had eight points in the game-changing third quarter, when he hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to cap off a 31-13 advantage for Indiana.
Damn refs couldn't stop PG...stupid refs:facepalm

Hawks scored 33 points in the second half

Hawks shot 39% compared to the Pacers 52%.

Damn refs playing fantastic defense:facepalm

You know who led the Pacers in free throw attempts? George freaking Hill and CJ freaking Watson. The Hawks made Hill look like prime Allen Iverson in the 3rd quarter, blame THAT....

They made Scola look like prime Dirk, blame THAT...They couldn't do anything with Paul George, blame THAT...

And also blame Teague for getting PG started...

They made Ian Mahimi look like prime Dikembe Mutombo.....blame THAT...

Atlanta shot 25% in the 3rd quarter...blame THAT...

George's length and quickness limited Teague to 3-of-8 shooting, no rebounds, one assist, three turnovers and just seven more points in the final three quarters.

Stupid refs:facepalm

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Hilarious, yesterday the Pacers weren't sh*t..now they win and its all the refs...you guys probably had these responses ready before the game even started :lol

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/4/23/9cc748b4-bd2f-4de1-acde-d747fef1d8c4.png

:applause:

Jlamb47
04-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I did watch the game and bad calls were called on both teams. Pacers probably got the advantage though last night but refs are screwing up every game. idk if its rigged but i do notice the bs calls.

Uncle Drew
04-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Pacers in 5.

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:16 AM
By the way, this game don't mean sh*t to me. We just did what we're supposed to be doing...But every time a team loses, folks are crying about the refs...Its so predictable...The main bad call I remember is on Lance's And 1 on that reverse layup, I didn't think he got touched...Other than that, the Hawks were parading to the line a lot in the 1st half for a team that just launches 3's..yet nobody was in here b*tching about that....:rolleyes:

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:19 AM
I did watch the game and bad calls were called on both teams. Pacers probably got the advantage though last night but refs are screwing up every game. idk if its rigged but i do notice the bs calls.
Also, the Pacers are the more aggressive team and the aggressive team usually gets the benefit of the doubt, especially in the playoffs...Live by the 3, die by the 3...

Atlanta 10-29from 3...
Indiana 8-17from 3....

chocolatethunder
04-23-2014, 09:21 AM
So nobody wants to say anything about them being whistle happy in the 1st half AGAINST the Pacers but when the tables were turned in the 2nd half is a problem? Of course it is..:rolleyes:

Anyway...

Damn refs:facepalm

Damn refs making the Hawks miss open jump shots:facepalm

Damn refs couldn't stop PG...stupid refs:facepalm

Hawks scored 33 points in the second half

Hawks shot 39% compared to the Pacers 52%.

Damn refs playing fantastic defense:facepalm

You know who led the Pacers in free throw attempts? George freaking Hill and CJ freaking Watson. The Hawks made Hill look like prime Allen Iverson in the 3rd quarter, blame THAT....

They made Scola look like prime Dirk, blame THAT...They couldn't do anything with Paul George, blame THAT...

And also blame Teague for getting PG started...

They made Ian Mahimi look like prime Dikembe Mutombo.....blame THAT...

Atlanta shot 25% in the 3rd quarter...blame THAT...

George's length and quickness limited Teague to 3-of-8 shooting, no rebounds, one assist, three turnovers and just seven more points in the final three quarters.

Stupid refs:facepalm

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Great post. This "NBA is fixed" shit is so stupid. If it's so fixed then why in the hell have the Spurs consistently been one of the best teams in the league and why do they have multiple championships? They area small market team with a small fanbase and they aren't good for ratings. Either way, good win for Indy. The Hawk fans need to stop complaining and should appreciate the fact that an 8 seed can even remotely compete with Indiana. Anyone who's what he's basketball at all this year knows that if Indiana is playing well then they are easily one of the best teams in the league. Stop blaming a loss on the refs, it just makes you look like some sore loser.

Derka
04-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Richesly delivers his customary ref whining thread, as expected :cheers:

Dro
04-23-2014, 09:28 AM
I also find it funny that in the 3rd quarter where the Pacers blew the game wide open, they shot a total of FIVE FREE THROWS....OH THOSE DAMN REFS..:lol

Richesly
04-23-2014, 09:54 AM

That's what I do bro. You remember me from the '12 series, I see.

Richesly
04-23-2014, 09:55 AM
I also find it funny that in the 3rd quarter where the Pacers blew the game wide open, they shot a total of FIVE FREE THROWS....OH THOSE DAMN REFS..:lol

It's not about free throws. It's about phantom calls swapping momentums. And I am not blaming it all on refs. I legit think Coach Bud threw the game on purpose.

It's A VC3!!!
04-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Join the club. Nets are usually never given the short end of the whistle but they were last night in the fourth quarter, which is why in part the raptors won. It's horrible that the refs are still rigging games to try and push every series to a six or seven game series. At least hawks and nets are 1-1 and have the next two games at home.

atljonesbro
04-23-2014, 09:58 AM
It's not about free throws. It's about phantom calls swapping momentums. And I am not blaming it all on refs. I legit think Coach Bud threw the game on purpose.
These Pacers fan don't realize if they didnt start getting these outrageous calls they're down at least 20 going into half time. At that point the game would be blown open and just about over. A demoralized Pacer team that would lack energy ain't going to have the 3rd quarter they had.

Richesly
04-23-2014, 10:00 AM
These Pacers fan don't realize if they didnt start getting these outrageous calls they're down at least 20 going into half time. At that point the game would be blown open and just about over. A demoralized Pacer team that would lack energy ain't going to have the 3rd quarter they had.

I think they just didn't want a 4 game series. We will win both at home, so they had to make sure Pacers won this game.

Dro will go back to his cave once he realizes this was false hope.

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Join the club. Nets are usually never given the short end of the whistle but they were last night in the fourth quarter, which is why in part the raptors won. It's horrible that the refs are still rigging games to try and push every series to a six or seven game series. At least hawks and nets are 1-1 and have the next two games at home.
Your team lost because the Raptors were better.

Dro
04-23-2014, 10:47 AM
I think they just didn't want a 4 game series. We will win both at home, so they had to make sure Pacers won this game.

The f*ck are you talking about? I'M the negro in here CONSTANTLY explaining sh*t to you bums about the Pacers....No, I don't participate in a game thread where there's nothing but ATL fans acting like a bunch of girls, crying about refs...:rolleyes:

And you're in here siding with ATLjones just because you both are Hawks fans? That dude doesn't have an objective bone in his body...He's not half the fan that I am while he's in here talking sh*t. I'm objective about my team. I call out players when they deserve it and give credit where its due, all backed up by stats and context...Not like these witty 2 sentence b*tch sessions that you guys do...Hell, I even posted a positive article about Teague, a HAWK'S player in the game thread...I'm trying to have a normal back and forth about the game, get it set up properly and all you girls can do is b*tch about officials...Come with some actual game FACTS...Come with that before you address me...

All he does his ride the Hawks nuts and acts like they are the greatest, most disrespected team in the world..He was pulling the same sh*t last year..I'm convinced he's like 15 years old...

Dro
04-23-2014, 10:50 AM

I know you're trolling anyway but I'm still going to bookmark it:lol

Finger Roll
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM

you clearly only watched 15 minutes of the game like you did for game 1

Dro
04-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Quotes from the game thread...

Joke Pacers getting owned by the wack ass Hawks
Good shit. Good shit.

I know PG is a really good defender but good luck having him guard Teague all game. It's hard for somebody who is 6'8 to stay in front of a guard with a first step as quick as Teague's.

He doesnt need screens.
Yes, the hell he does..

George is a great defender but Teague is just far to quick for him. It's not that George is a bad defender, it's just it's a terrible match up for him being that big. Teague is one of the quickest players in the league and I just don't see 6'8 George being able to consistently stay in front of him.

Teague really should thrive against the Pacers. They don't have a defender that can match up well with him and all of out shooting bigs can really neutralize Hibbert. Whether it be Pero, Millsap or Mike Scott, Hibbert will constantly have to be out on the perimeter leave huge gaps in the defense for Teague to get to the bucket.
:rolleyes:

This is the team ppl thought would beat the knicks tho right?

Lmao

ish is so much comedy man i luv it

Pacers are pathetic. East is pathetic. Real finals this year will be the Western Conference Finals.

Hilarious how these Pacers fans are dead quiet when the Hawks are in control now all the sudden supporting their team only when they go on a run.
****ing idiot...NO Pacer fan has posted in the game thread DURING THE ENTIRE GAME basically....dumbasses, I swear, grasp at anything..:rolleyes:

Why is Paul George talking trash? Nobody is intimidated by that tranny lover.
Because Teague started talking trash to him first?

Crazy. This game is proving that the better team doesn't always win. You can pretty easily get an artificial win with bad officiating.
:oldlol:

Embarassing. This game should've been blown open in when the Hawks were up by about 10 but the refs game 4-5 phantom fouls to keep Indy in it.

Pacers are good.

Why did everyone jump to the conclusion they would lose this series?

Dumb sheep.

**** Atlanta.
:applause:
You said it right, sheep...Start saying stupid sh*t at halftime of a playoff game..At least wait till the game is over because I"m the guy that will come in, pull up all these stupid azz quotes and call these **** out on their bullshit..They thought their dumbass comments would get lost in the game thread:lol

You guys make the game threads truly unbearable...And in case anyone is wondering, 90% of the refs comments were made by ATLjonesboro..big shock..
:lol

See you in ATL. Lets prepare our ref excuses in advance and see who has the best excuses, deal? Then we can whip them out when our teams start losing. Deal?

Next time you guys start spouting off bullsh*t, at least have the balls to own up to it, instead of b*tching about refs....

Legends66NBA7
04-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Have the refs been against the Hawks the last 47 years too ?

Rik Smits' Hair
04-23-2014, 12:00 PM

Yes, it's a conspiracy against that shit hole city.

Dro
04-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Apparently, because it feels like the Pacers have played the Hawks in the playoffs for 47 years in a row:lol

And yes, those were all conspiracies also...Keep in mind, ATL is a much bigger city than Indianapolis, yet there's a conspiracy for Indiana:lol

missionman
04-23-2014, 12:42 PM
I refuse to believe there is any fix.

I think the refs are all human. As unbiased as they might want to be, in a tough call of, for example, a charge by Lebron or a block by John Salmons, I think a ref could easily give benefit of the doubt to the guy who is nearly unstoppable (Lebron). Same thing when Lebron (or even now Derozen who got to the line a lot during the season) goes to the basket and misses a layup or a short jumper - how could lebron miss? he had to have been hacked. This is why 'stars' get the calls.

Its also possible that refs are influenced by the media trashing the refs, for example, after game 1 or the Raps/Nets series. In an effort to appear 'unbiased' after some apparent bad calls in game 1, maybe the refs gave benefit of the doubt to the raptors else be lambasted for being a part of hte 'fix'.

Tim Donaghy was interviewed on a local radio station, and , while i wouldn't believe much of what he said, he did suggest a mechanism by which the league might influence officials. Apparently the league speaks to its refs about how games will be officiated and what to crack down on regularly. So, in the for instance that the league wanted the Nets to beat the Raptors, the league could, for example, show video examples of fouls and violations show ONLY or many examples of, say, players that were not from the Brooklyn Nets like Demar Derozen doing this. So in viewing these videos, officials would be on to the possiblity of certain players palming/carrying the ball, or setting illegal screens, or hooking players etc, but in the case of my example, NOT on to what sort of violation worthy calls that the Nets might engage in.

So - I refuse to believe there is any fix. I would not discount hte possiblitiy that the league has its preferences as to who would win. However, in spite of this somewhat plausible 'mechanism' for implementing league preferences for games and series won, one could not ultimately FIX games. The players and coaches are all trying to win, the ball still has to go through the net, players still have to take care of the ball.

No matter the bias of the league or the the refs, bad or unfavoured teams can still upset the favourites and the starstudded teams- they just might have to do a little more work to do it, unfortunately.

diamenz
04-23-2014, 07:08 PM
if it was fixed, it was probably just to allow for more games and more money from ads. i doubt it was fixed to help the pacers out.

outbreak
04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
quite afew of these play off games have had dodgy calls so far.

ILLsmak
04-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Cmonson I watched that whole game. They def made some stupid calls, but the Nets got some calls, too. Maybe it wasn't "fair" but down the stretch they should have won.

Compared to how fixed the NBA is... and the fact that they put Ross on the bench with fouls in game 1... I think game 2 was a pretty fair competition.

-Smak

ILLsmak
04-23-2014, 07:24 PM
I refuse to believe there is any fix.

u fukn up then bro.

-Smak