PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Frank Vogel fired!....possibly in near future

bagelred
04-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Remember that April Fool's Joke that I made about Vogel being fired that was so rudely and stupidly erased because the moderators have no sense of how to run a smart basketball forum (I mean, seriously, they erased a good april fools joke for some reason).

Well the JOKES ON YOU! LMAO!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10827330/2014-nba-playoffs-frank-vogel-indiana-pacers-coaching-job

One playoff win has not eased the mounting pressure on Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Vogel, despite a 56-win season that secured the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, is "coaching for his job" in the wake of Indiana's alarming slide that has stretched into its third month.

The decision on whether to retain Vogel at season's end ultimately rests with Pacers president Larry Bird, sources said, but frustration throughout the organization has been mounting thanks to a nosedive that began in February with a loss in Orlando just before the All-Star break and has show few signs of abating.

I win!!!! I'm da bess!!!!

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Love how immature players dictate another mans career.

jzek
04-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Please OP, what are the next winning lotto numbers?

VIntageNOvel
04-23-2014, 12:04 PM
damn balgered always got me :mad:

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 12:06 PM
It's obviously Vogel's fault. How dare anyone blame the low-IQ thugs he has to coach!!!!

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM
It's obviously Vogel's fault. How dare anyone blame the low-IQ thugs he has to coach!!!!
we get it smal fry. you hate urban blacks. no one cares small fry.

ImKobe
04-23-2014, 12:10 PM
There's only been 2 games in the series and it's currently tied...There's no way the shitty Hawks will beat Indy in a 7-game series, only Heatles fans would think that, tbh..

Random_Guy
04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
There's only been 2 games in the series and it's currently tied...There's no way the shitty Hawks will beat Indy in a 7-game series, only Heatles fans would think that, tbh..
not a heat fan, but for sure i want the hawks to win because i hate hibbert and george.
will feel bad for dro doe

f0und
04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
news like this is definitely not good for a playoff run. who wants that kind of distraction? whoever leaked that info either doesnt care about the pacers org, or is just plain dumb. news like this couldve waited.

J Shuttlesworth
04-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Love how immature players dictate another mans career.
Are we talking Woodson or Vogel here?

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Are we talking Woodson or Vogel here?
Both

Dro
04-23-2014, 12:26 PM
news like this is definitely not good for a playoff run. who wants that kind of distraction? whoever leaked that info either doesnt care about the pacers org, or is just plain dumb. news like this couldve waited.
To be honest, I think everybody already knew this though....

ImKobe
04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
not a heat fan, but for sure i want the hawks to win because i hate hibbert and george.
will feel bad for dro doe

I hate Hibbert as well, but the Hawks would get humiliated in the following round or the ECF for that matter. I want a decent Playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Atlanta Hawks fans don't even deserve an NBA team. If Hawks had Horford, I would be all for them, but since their best player is out, I don't see why they should advance. Pacers vs Heat would be a decent series.

kamil
04-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Larry Bird should coach the team himself.

russwest0
04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
:rockon:

Shit we'll take him in OKC

20Four
04-23-2014, 12:54 PM
To be honest, I think everybody already knew this though....
This ^

niko
04-23-2014, 12:54 PM
I think it's probably more that they have no offense as much as anything. They literally have no offense other than really basic plays and isos.

Random_Guy
04-23-2014, 01:45 PM
I hate Hibbert as well, but the Hawks would get humiliated in the following round or the ECF for that matter. I want a decent Playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Atlanta Hawks fans don't even deserve an NBA team. If Hawks had Horford, I would be all for them, but since their best player is out, I don't see why they should advance. Pacers vs Heat would be a decent series.
while they would dominate the pacers if they had hoford. they wouldnt be an 8th seed with hoford though.

DukeDelonte13
04-23-2014, 01:56 PM
it would be so unbelievably stupid if the pacers fired Vogel.

It's so stupid how so many people go out of there way and REACH to blame the coach rather than putting it on the guys on the floor.

Pacers did a nice job of slowly progressing and building their core organically and now they are going to do a major shake up? I'd be shocked if it happened.

hawksdogsbraves
04-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Not surprising at all, he's lost control of his locker room. When you can't control your team and they're literally physically fighting before a playoff game? When they're locked in a dogfight with an 8 seed that has less talent than most of the teams in the lottery? Yeah, he's ****ed up. Unless they get it together and make it to the Conference Finals I think he may be gone anyway. Larry Bird doesn't stand for this nonsense.

2LeTTeRS
04-23-2014, 02:17 PM
The team has obviously underachieved the last few months; if it continues I would have no problems letting him go if I were Larry Bird? Does this make Vogel a victim of his own success? Yes; but what else would you do if you were running the Pacers?

Dro
04-23-2014, 03:06 PM
The team has obviously underachieved the last few months; if it continues I would have no problems letting him go if I were Larry Bird? Does this make Vogel a victim of his own success? Yes; but what else would you do if you were running the Pacers?
I like Vogel as a coach. He's a good motivator and he instilled confidence in the team, got them to believe in themselves and got them to focus on defense. Having said that, his offense is horrible. I wouldn't fire him but I would get some more offensive assistant coaches around him. However, if Bird does let him go, I understand the decision...

bdreason
04-23-2014, 03:24 PM
One of the best coaches in the league. If the Pacers fire him, they are morons... and he'll have another job before the season starts.

aboss4real24
04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
garbage coach

garbage team

bagelred
04-23-2014, 05:16 PM
garbage coach

garbage team

Such a brilliant commentary.

Black and White
04-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Lance Stephenson is the issue here, and obv the other team members that need a reality check, Vogel is a great coach, he just needs an assistant coach that focuses on offense and they need to make a deal for a point guard to spark the offense and get the ball moving.

becken
04-23-2014, 05:57 PM
This is ridiculous

fragokota
04-23-2014, 06:00 PM
I think Vogel is done either way.