PDA

View Full Version : How Does Miami Rebuild Bench Next Season

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
They are fine for another postseason run, but some of these old timers aren't going to make it another regular/postseason. Battier is retiring, wouldn't be shocked if he ended up on the Heat staff though. Rashard Lewis is absolutely shot. He sucks without PEDs. Allen or Jones could stay imo. Chamlers is also a free agent. Going to be interesting to what new crop of ring chasers they can pull in.

navy
04-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Depends on how Wade and Bosh restructure. I think Lebron takes the max though.

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
collude

plowking
04-23-2014, 12:21 PM
James Ennis will be decent coming back from Australia IMO. He looks to be a decent prospect in terms of 3nD type play. Not to mention he is quite athletic and can run the floor as well like the Heat like to do.
I'm hoping we get younger as far as bench goes. Keep the likes of Jones since he is cheap, keep Beasley and look to keep Oden around. Try to add some athletic PF's in the mold of Taj Gibson for example.
They'll probably be looking for a guard in the draft as well. Another wing to help Wade out.

Mass Debator
04-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Wade off the bench.

Im Still Ballin
04-23-2014, 12:25 PM
James Ennis was a great pick by Miami

Hopefully he can get some minutes next season, see him as a 3 and D player, not sure if his defence is all that great but he has length, athleticism and a good stroke from deep. Prototypical size for a swingman SG/SF

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Hoping the Big 2 and Bosh take another slight paycut to fit some more of these guys in.

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
maybe bran wont mind getting paid 10k a year. he can get all the help now and still bea frontrunner

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
bench bran. hes declining already and his ball hog type of play is good for a benchwarmer. he can send bail outpasses to cole all he wants

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:31 PM
maybe everyone should get bench and just leave gay boy bran out there. he can play 1-5 and get all his stats. put his team in the fourthh and have them win it.

navy
04-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Hoping the Big 2 and Bosh take another slight paycut to fit some more of these guys in.
Lebron wont. They should just sign long term deals. For example Wade is going to make 20ish mil the next two years, instead sign him to 8-12 mill for like 4-5 years so he can retire with the Heat. That way you save money for cap and Wade and Bosh arent slighted to badly by the less immediate income.

It would be interesting to see if Lebron goes for two more years instead of the usual opt out and sign for 5. Normally an agent would tell you not to because you risk injury/decline in those two years and will be screwed afterwards, but I think Lebron will get a max deal nomatter what happens the next two years .

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:33 PM
maybe bran can convince kobe kd dirk duncan cp3 to be his bench. he might need batmn on his side to do the convincing though

navy
maybe bran wont mind getting paid 10k a year. he can get all the help now and still bea frontrunner
Three straight terrible post. Must be a new record. Would have been four had I not posted.

rzp
They are fine for another postseason run, but some of these old timers aren't going to make it another regular/postseason. Battier is retiring, wouldn't be shocked if he ended up on the Heat staff though. Rashard Lewis is absolutely shot. He sucks without PEDs. Allen or Jones could stay imo. Chamlers is also a free agent. Going to be interesting to what new crop of ring chasers they can pull in.

Damn thats nice...fkin hate this idiot... just let him go.

navy
04-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Damn thats nice...fkin hate this idiot... just let him go.
No backup.....

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:34 PM
maybe bran can retire and come bak a yeara later. in the meantime heat can gain true chemistry and reload with great pieces. dont have bra come back till after the team made it to theplayoffs. after wards only play him in the first s he can get his stats

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:36 PM
have bran contact silver.

BasedTom
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
https://warosu.org/data/fa/img/0076/41/1390276040282.jpg

I'd be frustrated if I had to live in Anaheim as well.

SilkkTheShocker
Lebron wont. They should just sign long term deals. For example Wade is going to make 20ish mil the next two years, instead sign him to 8-12 mill for like 4-5 years so he can retire with the Heat. That way you save money for cap and Wade and Bosh arent slighted to badly by the less immediate income.

It would be interesting to see if Lebron goes for two more years instead of the usual opt out and sign for 5. Normally an agent would tell you not to because you risk injury/decline in those two years and will be screwed afterwards, but I think Lebron will get a max deal nomatter what happens the next two years .

Agreed. I have a hard time seeing Bron taking another paycut after the workload he took the last few seasons. But would be nice to seem them get a 3pt shooting PG, athlete or two on the wings, and a decent big man. Going to be interesting to see what Riley does.

AnaheimLakers24
sign his retarded kids to the team. he can take creidt for them too and they wont mind since they dont want to get raped at home in their butts

Im Still Ballin
04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
https://warosu.org/data/fa/img/0076/41/1390276040282.jpg

I'd be frustrated if I had to live in Anaheim as well.

Lelbron.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
sign his troll wife and have her scare the competition

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:39 PM
resign mike bibby.

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:40 PM
contact david stern if silver ran out of favors for you guys

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:41 PM
have bran ask teams to go easy on heat when the starters arent in while wearing no headband

BasedTom
04-23-2014, 12:45 PM
contact david stern if silver ran out of favors for you guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
you can always find free taent in orlando. players dont like it there. maybe bran will take more and more and more paycuts to have players come sav.. hel... be role players

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
sign silkthe****** and have him sitting in the bench

TMT
04-23-2014, 12:50 PM
They'll probably get some current NBA starters to come off the bench at a heavily reduced price tbh.

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 12:51 PM
their starting 5 should come off the bench and just have no starters

guaranteed you have the best bench now

livinglegend
04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Get Kobe for the minimum after Lakers amnesty him.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
bench bran. hes declining already and his ball hog type of play is good for a benchwarmer. he can send bail outpasses to cole all he wants
you are by far the funniest poster here:roll: :roll:
and no i

SwishSquared
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM
James Ennis should be on the squad next year, as others have mentioned. I think he's ~6'7" with 6'11" wingspan, is athletic, and just finished second in scoring in the Australian League. I read up that he can play SG/SF, should help with perimeter D, and shot around 38% from 3 this past season.

Pattie Mills (Spurs back up PG) is a RFA and would be a great pick-up IMO. He's shooting > 40% from deep on catch-and-shoot opportunities and brings an instant-offense spark off the bench.

James Johnson is a UFA and shouldn't cost much to back up James. Good defensive player, but can't shoot 3s. Young, long, athletic, and can play 3/4.

These 3 guys could make this bench very potent once more. They need to reload in terms of bigs though IMO. I'm not sure if Oden will come back (might be mostly up to him if he feels he can play another year) and because Beasley has been in Spo's doghouse for so long, I'm not sure he wants him back.

I can see Wade taking $45M/5 years, with an opt-out after two years (and each successive year). He can sign a 1-year max deal for his last season as a "retirement gift." LBJ should make the most (wouldn't be surprised if less than max once more) and do see Bosh taking less per year in order to keep contending. These guys are chasing history, especially James. He knows his off-court ventures will continue increasing if he keeps winning. His Samsung deal only happened because he won in 2012. If he collects rings, his brand will sky rocket in Asia and the money will roll in.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Agreed. I have a hard time seeing Bron taking another paycut after the workload he took the last few seasons. But would be nice to seem them get a 3pt shooting PG, athlete or two on the wings, and a decent big man. Going to be interesting to see what Riley does.
the Heat just need someone, anyone who can give them 20 minutes off good rim protection.

then let chalmers go and get a PG who consistently hit the three at+38 and is a good passer. Chalmers is a terrible passer. with a good passer lebrons PPG could easily go up by 4 and his efficency would become even better.
Chalmers nearly ALWAYS misses LEBron on easy PnR passes where LEBron could attack the rim with a running start( LeBron sets a shit ton of picks for that scrub and never gets the ball back).
also Chalmers has huge problems passing LeBron after he got deep position in the post. with a good passer LeBron wouldnt have to run the entire offense and could be more efficent and play better defense.

Solefade
04-23-2014, 01:02 PM
anaheim guy really hates lebron lol

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Yea, I can't say I will miss Chalmers. Love his knack for clutch plays, but his low NBA IQ is hard to stomach at times.

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
anaheim guy really hates lebron lol
wtf :biggums: i have his jersey

SwishSquared
04-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Yea, I can't say I will miss Chalmers. Love his knack for clutch plays, but his low NBA IQ is hard to stomach at times.

What would Chalmers get on the open market though? He hits big 3s, but which teams with $ this summer would be interested in him? He doesn't exactly initiate the offense.

Edit: His BBIQ does leave something to be desired haha. Plus, who will LBJ/Bosh yell at next season?

russwest0
04-23-2014, 01:09 PM

:roll:

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2014, 01:11 PM
What would Chalmers get on the open market though? He hits big 3s, but which teams with $ this summer would be interested in him? He doesn't exactly initiate the offense.

Edit: His BBIQ does leave something to be desired haha. Plus, who will LBJ/Bosh yell at next season?

I really don't think he will get a big deal. Who else would he really start for?

SwishSquared
04-23-2014, 01:17 PM
I really don't think he will get a big deal. Who else would he really start for?

I don't think he'd start on any playoff teams in both conferences (assuming healthy Rose) that actually have cap space this summer. He could be back in Miami in a potentially reduced role (depending on whoever else they sign this summer) at his current salary or at a slight pay cut. I don't think Cole is ready to take over for Chalmers as the starter either though.

Derka
04-23-2014, 01:37 PM
They're over the cap if the Big Three pick up their options, which they will...and that's even with the salary cap bump next season (might be wrong on that?). That leaves them a mid-level and veteran's mininum deals to offer to fill a new bench.

Not easy to build a bench that way, but its Riley.

TMT
04-23-2014, 01:40 PM

George Hill recently got a 5 year $40 million dollar extension. I don't think it's far fetched to assume someone would throw some good money at Chalmers, who is a vet with deep playoff experience, and is capable of hitting some clutch shots.

navy
04-23-2014, 01:43 PM
George Hill recently got a 5 year $40 million dollar extension. I don't think it's far fetched to assume someone would throw some good money at Chalmers, who is a vet with deep playoff experience, and is capable of hitting some clutch shots.
Chalmers....a vet? :oldlol:

He is a serviceable point guard. GM's are stupid though. Someone will overpay like Hilll and regret it later.

SwishSquared
04-23-2014, 01:44 PM

While true, and you made an excellent point, I think most people agree that contract is a mistake for Hill. He's not a true point guard to run an offense and is overpaid IMO. I'd be stunned if an average PG like Chalmers gets that kind of money.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Conley has that exact same deal. Grizz definitely made out better in handing out that amount of $ to their PG.

All Net
04-23-2014, 02:24 PM
They need micky to use the mle.

Relinquish
04-23-2014, 05:36 PM
I say they pick up K Love, Melo, and Stephenson to help out with the 2nd unit. :lol

Real14
04-23-2014, 05:37 PM
give Lebronna more superstars and 3 point shooters:confusedshrug:

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 05:38 PM
have bran beg melo to come

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 05:39 PM
adam silver can contract every team in the east so bran wont be tired for the finals

20Four
04-23-2014, 05:40 PM
your a piece of shit you Ph^ggot

http://i.minus.com/ib2AGJFjQb8RfT.gif

AnaheimLakers24
04-23-2014, 05:40 PM
bran could keep practicing voodoo and injure more stars

nzahir
04-23-2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo
HE NEVER REPLIED.....DEAD
Funny how salty he is and how hes just sitting behind a computer but in real life how hes a weak ass bitch

kamil
04-23-2014, 06:18 PM
collude

LeBron* is going to recruit some of his buddies, tell em the Heat's got a spot for them.

Relinquish
04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
bran could keep practicing voodoo and injure more stars

:biggums:

Nash
04-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Why do ya'll think Lebron won't take a paycut? He's the one who will be taking a paycut. The guy wants to write history and he's like the richest dude out there in sports making most money of endorsements in all of sports. The guy can afford to take less money. Guys like Bosh and Wade are a bigger issue. They don't make Lebron money off the NBA(especially not Bosh) and know they would easily get the max from any other team if it came down to it.

Also Mario Chalmers makes 5m a year and he will be looking to get more money and after all of this exposure he has gotten he will be offered a bigger contract. The problem now is will Miami give offer him something he wants or let him walk?

I can see Ray Allen coming back for the min vet, James Jones is as far as I've read all year not interested in basketball and has wanted to retire for a while. Maybe this playoffs run can get his motivation back?

Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Haslem
Cole
Andersen
1st round pick

Maybe:
2nd round pick
Ray Allen min vet
James Jones
Beasley
Ennis

What they need is a bunch of bigs for whatever money they have left. And here is who I can see ending up in Miami:

Carlos Boozer. If Bulls amnesty him to get Melo and nobody picks him up he will run straight to Miami. The man lives there and goes to Miami at any second he can, he has a huge house in Miami and I can see him wanting to play for a contender like the Heat while living home and collecting big money from Bulls.

Also, heard twitter rumors that they are interested in Xavier Henry but, probably BS but would be a nice addition as replacement to injured Wade.