PDA

View Full Version : More Ammunition for Harden dtractors

KirbyPls
04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Listening to Van Pelt and Russillo's show this afternoon, Tom Haberstroh mentioned that cameras (Synergy sports?) have shown that Parsons has ran more than 30 more miles on the Court over this last season than Harden has, while playing approximately equal minutes.

I wish I could pour the actual sauce on this, but if true, that seems to suggest that maybe Harden doesn't give his all on defense.

Thoughts? :confusedshrug:

Relinquish
04-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Nothing new

Akrazotile
04-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Listening to Van Pelt and Russillo's show this afternoon, Tom Haberstroh mentioned that cameras (Synergy sports?) have shown that Parsons has ran more than 30 more miles on the Court over this last season than Harden has, while playing approximately equal minutes.

I wish I could pour the actual sauce on this, but if true, that seems to suggest that maybe Harden doesn't give his all on defense.

Thoughts? :confusedshrug:

"Seems to suggest?"

This has already been definitively established since his first week in Houston.

But yeah. "braking newze."

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
It says he runs 2.9 miles a game.

The highest in the league's is 3.5 and thats Nic Batum. Not really a huge difference. Shouldn't be a big deal either.

The thing with Harden is that he moves and runs alot when he's on the court. On defense, he still moves and runs but he doesn't STAY ON his guy.

KirbyPls
04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
"Seems to suggest?"

This has already been definitively established since his first week in Houston.

But yeah. "braking newze."

Sarcasm....:facepalm

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 06:40 PM
The actual report said that out of 160 players (I forgot what the actual sampling composed of) that Harden was #159 in terms of distance ran.

So not only does the ****er not play any defense...he doesn't even bother moving around much to even give the impression he's trying.

KirbyPls
04-23-2014, 06:42 PM
The actual report said that out of 160 players (I forgot what the actual sampling composed of) that Harden was #159 in terms of distance ran.

So not only does the ****er not play any defense...he doesn't even bother moving around much to even give the impression he's trying.

1st team all-nba doe :lol

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 06:44 PM
he usually pulls up from three or goes straight to to the rim. i dont think he cuts to the rim or runs off screens. hes not really moving around much on offense. thats probably why its not as much as someone like parsons

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 06:45 PM

Huge Facepalm.

HES #56!

Stop posting lies to make him look even worse.

Duggrr
04-23-2014, 06:49 PM
As much as I detest everything about Houston - Harden, uniforms, the actual city, etc. - I'm starting to almost feel bad for their fans for how much sh1t their team gets:lol

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 06:50 PM
OP just ignores my 1st post and replies to a Lin only Fan.

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 06:53 PM
HES #56!

Stop posting lies to make him look even worse.

I'm not lying. It was on my BR team stream for Houston. It was yesterday though and it's no longer in the stream. I think the link was tweeted by Red94 (hate the mofo, btw).

Why do you defend Harden so much? I don't know how anyone can be a fan of the guy, to be honest.

He has no redeeming qualities. His offense is ugly as sin. And he has possibly the worst defense in the entire league. His beard is ****ing nasty, too...like shave that shit already.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
lol why do people hate houston so much

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.red94.net/houston-rockets-vs-portland-trailblazers-thoughts-benches-defense-adjustments/14332/

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 06:56 PM

I don't hate Houston. I like the team. Lin, Parsons and Asik are among my favorite players.

I ****ing can't stand Harden, though.

And McHale is the worst coach in the league.

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not lying. It was on my BR team stream for Houston. It was yesterday though and it's no longer in the stream. I think the link was tweeted by Red94 (hate the mofo, btw).

Why do you defend Harden so much? I don't know how anyone can be a fan of the guy, to be honest.

He has no redeeming qualities. His offense is ugly as sin. And he has possibly the worst defense in the entire league. His beard is ****ing nasty, too...like shave that shit already.
Because he's on my team. The team i've been rooting for ever since I was 5 years old. I have to defend him. He's a Houston Rocket.

I could care less what he looks like. I don't care if he was uglier than a deformed Osama... I'd still root for him. I like everyone on the team, including Lin.

And you are lying, man. Look at this. He's #56 http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingSpeed.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=100&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

KirbyPls
04-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Houston is fine, I hope they advance, but Harden gets superstar shine, while plying one side of the ball, receiving massive ref help, and under performing in the playoffs.

His teeth, beard, and cow eyes hardly help matters as well.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't hate Houston. I like the team. Lin, Parsons and Asik are among my favorite players.

yea same, i like beverly too. dwights not that bad either

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 06:59 PM

Yup.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Houston is fine, I hope they advance, but Harden gets superstar shine, while plying one side of the ball, receiving massive ref help, and under performing in the playoffs.

His teeth, beard, and cow eyes hardly help matters as well.
what you think about Anthony Davis though? hes ugly but a baller

KirbyPls
04-23-2014, 07:02 PM
what you think about Anthony Davis though? hes ugly but a baller

Harden can ball for sure. David may be the best player in the game 3 years from now. Love that guy.

Duggrr
04-23-2014, 07:05 PM
It's just natural (excluding Houston fans) to hate James Harden when watching him play. Flops on literally 80% of the shots he takes and celebrates nearly every fvcking shot he makes. If he wasn't on the team and was replaced with say, Dragic, people would probably accept Houston like any other team.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 07:07 PM
imagine if harden ended up on the lakers instead :roll:

russwest0
04-23-2014, 07:10 PM
LeBron is one of the lowest on the list too.

Both guys who have played horrible defense this year, so it seems like not moving around much on D is the cause of this since we both know they have no problem getting out and running in transition.

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Because he's on my team. The team i've been rooting for ever since I was 5 years old. I have to defend him. He's a Houston Rocket.

I could care less what he looks like. I don't care if he was uglier than a deformed Osama... I'd still root for him. I like everyone on the team, including Lin.

And you are lying, man. Look at this. He's #56 http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingSpeed.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=100&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Well...I'm not like you. Just because I like a team doesn't mean I automatically like every single player. I've been a Laker fan since forever, but I've never really liked Kobe.

And I'm not lying...see my follow up post with the link to the source.

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
yea same, i like beverly too. dwights not that bad either

I like Beverley, too...he's the guy you want ON your team. But, I wish he would tone it down a bit. I think he's starting to buy into his own hype.

I like Howard. He will never be the leader Houston hoped he would be, but his defensive impact alone is invaluable.

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Well...I'm not like you. Just because I like a team doesn't mean I automatically like every single player. I've been a Laker fan since forever, but I've never really liked Kobe.

And I'm not lying...see my follow up post with the link to the source.
Damn.

You're a Lakers fan and you don't like Kobe Bryant? wow.

ShaqCarriedKobe
04-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Parsons has traveled 198.9 miles.... Harden, 169.3.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingSpeed.html?SeasonType=Regular%20Seas on&Season=2013-14&pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=DIST&sortOrder=DES&filters=TeamAbbr*E*HOU

More evidence that Harden is a lazy ****. Too bad they can't measure the air velocity on his flops yet. :facepalm

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I like Beverley, too...he's the guy you want ON your team. But, I wish he would tone it down a bit. I think he's starting to buy into his own hype.

I like Howard. He will never be the leader Houston hoped he would be, but his defensive impact alone is invaluable.
i think beverley should fall for his own hype. he should keep doing what hes doing because no one will remember him 10 years from now from his offense

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Damn.

You're a Lakers fan and you don't like Kobe Bryant? wow.

I used to like him.

I remember, as a rookie, when he airballed those threes in the playoffs against Utah. People next to me were like, "THIS GUY SUCK!" and all I said was, "No...this guy is gonna be GREAT!".

I admired his guts.

I liked him during the threepeat with Shaq...but that's mostly because he had Shaq to keep him in check.

After that and even into the championships with Gasol...I started to dislike him. He just such an inefficient chucker who would freeze out everyone else for 3 quarters...then expect them to bail his ass out in the 4th.

Fisher was always my guy.

Black and White
04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Meh, Harden not trying on defense is second nature now. As long as they get a good coach that will bench him when he isn't trying then they will be ok.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 07:22 PM
I used to like him.

I remember, as a rookie, when he airballed those threes in the playoffs against Utah. People next to me were like, "THIS GUY SUCK!" and all I said was, "No...this guy is gonna be GREAT!".

I admired his guts.

I liked him during the threepeat with Shaq...but that's mostly because he had Shaq to keep him in check.

After that and even into the championships with Gasol...I started to dislike him. He just such an inefficient chucker who would freeze out everyone else for 3 quarters...then expect them to bail his ass out in the 4th.

Fisher was always my guy.
no wonder you hate harden

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Meh, Harden not trying on defense is second nature now. As long as they get a good coach that will bench him when he isn't trying then they will be ok.
Man I want Lionel Hollins so god damn bad. I think he'd be perfect

KungFuJoe
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
no wonder you hate harden

No...Harden is much better than Kobe on offense in terms of getting others involved. Harden dishes out a ton of assists and he's actually a pretty good playmaker when he's not in full on ISO mode.

My main beef with Harden is on the defensive end. Something Kobe used to be really good at, but wear and tear and focusing more on offense took away.

Harden is young with no wear and tear. He has NO excuse for not playing defense.

RoseCity07
04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Blazers are gonna continue to post up Matthews on Harden. They have to make him play defense. His offense isn't as good when he has to play defense.

Black and White
04-23-2014, 07:28 PM

I have been saying since the season started that he is the man for the job.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Blazers are gonna continue to post up Matthews on Harden. They have to make him play defense. His offense isn't as good when he has to play defense.
good maybe he'll learn his lesson over the off season

Jailblazers7

Matthews was practically begging for the ball every time Harden was guarding him. That shit has got to be demoralizing for Harden.

Black and White
No...Harden is much better than Kobe on offense in terms of getting others involved. Harden dishes out a ton of assists and he's actually a pretty good playmaker when he's not in full on ISO mode.

My main beef with Harden is on the defensive end. Something Kobe used to be really good at, but wear and tear and focusing more on offense took away.

Harden is young with no wear and tear. He has NO excuse for not playing defense.

Kobes court vision is so underrated here, dishing out on drives and getting others involved are two seperate things.

Ethem
04-23-2014, 07:31 PM

Because a LOT of their players are very easy to hate.

Harden is hated for reasons stated here. Howard is hated, especially by Laker fans and Kobe Stan's. Beverley is hated, especially by OKC and Westbrook fans. Lin is hated because he is overrated as hell, gets overpaid, and is mega popular mostly just because of his race. Mchale is hated by anyone who values good coaching.

Jameerthefear
04-23-2014, 07:32 PM
SVG would be better imo

Smook A.
04-23-2014, 07:33 PM
SVG would be better imo
Yeah he's another good option.

Solefade
04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
SVG would be better imo

w/ dwight? :roll:

Solefade
04-23-2014, 07:35 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/cElSXLdlkHgbe/giphy.gif

Jameerthefear
04-23-2014, 07:35 PM
w/ dwight? :roll:
They are actually on very good terms.

iBandwagon
04-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Parsons gets all those extra miles pacing while Harden shoots free throws.

Cocaine80s
04-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Because a LOT of their players are very easy to hate.

Harden is hated for reasons stated here. Howard is hated, especially by Laker fans and Kobe Stan's. Beverley is hated, especially by OKC and Westbrook fans. Lin is hated because he is overrated as hell, gets overpaid, and is mega popular mostly just because of his race. Mchale is hated by anyone who values good coaching.
so because laker fans dont like howard that makes him part of why houston is hated? and lin is overated? ive been lurking here since like november and he is not even talked about anymore. i think youre getting hate mixed up with dislike

shoops
04-23-2014, 09:13 PM
You have to filter the stats properly and look at the per 48 not per game. The article said "Out of 160 players who have played at least 50 games and at least 25 minutes per game, James Harden ranks 159th in distance traveled per 48 minutes at 2.9 miles, just barely ahead of the less-than-spry Paul Pierce."

JohnFreeman
04-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Great posts

LoneyROY7
04-23-2014, 09:23 PM
:lol

People are counting the miles players run on the court now? Geez.

sketchy
04-23-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm afraid he'd only play like 10 mins a game if he were benched when not trying. He would then of course play the last 10 mins of each game.

becken
04-24-2014, 06:32 AM
SVG would be better imo
:biggums:

andremiller07
04-24-2014, 06:38 AM
NBA needs to allow Ron Artest to sign a one game deal for the Blazers just so we can see another sweetly timed elbow.

Dro
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM

False. Your job as a fan is to be objective about your team, not a homer...Not calling you a homer, I'm just saying....If everyone hates Harden, it has to be a good reason...His defense is atrocious and offensive and thats why everyone hates him...Hating him for his beard and all that is female crap. I'm a straight, grown man and could care less what that man chooses to do with his appearance..His game is just really offensive and the fact that he doesn't appear to care really ticks people off...It makes it worse when someone defends what seems to be indefensible...Just my opinion. I think you're a good Rockets fan...