PDA

View Full Version : Why Us? Why...

Smook A.
04-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Why was I born in Houston?
Why did I fall in love with a team that has been so unlucky for almost 2 decades? Why...

I grew up watching basketball... started way back in 1995 when I was only 6 years old. I grew up watching the glory days. The days where we won 2 straight championships. The days where Hakeem would dominate. The days were we were Clutch City and not Choke City.

For almost 2 decades we've been unlucky. Only 1 playoff series win since 1997. One. One. Just one. In 17 years.

Was I born so I could be disappointed? Why does this happen to us. WHY US.

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement
All those 1st round loses

Was I born to like the Rockets so I could constantly hear the word "choker", "choke city", "your team sucks", "pretenders"... We're so unlucky. In 2008 when we won 22 straight everyone was saying that the Rockets would finally contend. That 2008 was gonna be OUR year. Then Yao got injured. TMac injured his shoulder. We lost in 6 games to the Utah Jazz.

and now this.

All the trash talking I did on this forum. All my confidence for this team. My faith for this squad. I thought this year we were gonna prove people wrong.

I was wrong.

Can't wait to hear the words "Your team sucks" everyday in the offseason. smh

STATUTORY
04-24-2014, 12:46 AM
fans like YGS and RTC

bad karma

y'all had it coming

JohnFreeman
04-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Go for the Spurs

Random_Guy
04-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Why did I fall in love with a team that has been so unlucky for almost 2 decades? Why...

I grew up watching basketball... started way back in 1995 when I was only 6 years old. I grew up watching the glory days. The days where we won 2 straight championships. The days where Hakeem would dominate. The days were we were Clutch City and not Choke City.

For almost 2 decades we've been unlucky. Only 1 playoff series win since 1997. One. One. Just one. In 17 years.

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

Was I born to like the Rockets so I could constantly hear the word "choker", "choke city", "your team sucks", "pretenders"... We're so unlucky. In 2008 when we won 22 straight everyone was saying that the Rockets would finally contend. That 2008 was gonna be OUR year. Then Yao got injured. TMac injured his shoulder. We lost in 6 games to the Utah Jazz.

and now this.

All the trash talking I did on this forum. All my confidence for this team. My faith for this squad. I thought this year we were gonna prove people wrong.

I was wrong.
damn i feel bad for you bro, one of the decent rocket fans around here. future repped, given out too much rep in the last 24 hrs.
but look man, the series aint over yet, have some faith

DaSeba5
A lot of fans have it worse than you, so there is no need to have a meltdown. Keep your chin up.

LoneyROY7
Sorry, bruh.

oarabbus
Here's hoping you guys follow up with some nice games Smook.

Black and White
YGS, RTC, Rocketswin, and other idiots like that caused this,

nothing is held against you Smook, you and Exlax are the only 2 respected Rockets fans

dont take it to heart, Harden just wasn't the player you thought he was.

Relinquish
04-24-2014, 12:49 AM

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

I asked myself the same about the Wizards. But I'm still a diehard fan and they may have started to break the mold. :applause:

YouGotServed
04-24-2014, 12:49 AM

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

tl;dr

Houston in 6.

Duggrr
04-24-2014, 12:50 AM
When in comparison to Portland or Golden State, they've have had a leisurely last few decades.

Jameerthefear
This is embarrassing dude. Don't let the shitheads get to you. Put 'em on ignore like I do. Lakers fans are the last ones who should be shit talking anyways.

Budadiiii
:biggums:

It's other people playing basketball. Get a grip.

Marlo_Stanfield

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

while i kinda feel for you, you also had it coming.
your endless harden and parsons nut sucking and Lin bashing was beyond pathetic. take the Loss.
either switch teams or accept the fact that you will never win a thing as long as james harden is your franchise player

VIntageNOvel
04-24-2014, 12:51 AM
smooka bro are you alright,
you has been depressed since the first game

milbuck need to take responsibility :mad:

JohnFreeman
04-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Post game interview with Harden

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl9bbsFCYAAu6AY.jpg

LongLiveTheKing
04-24-2014, 12:53 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Threethrows
Smook man for real brah it's just a game. Have a :pimp: and chill

Mr. Jabbar
next time you spend 160M on two players make sure at least one of the has testicles

seriously tho, it sucks for houston fans, feel bad for op

Marlo_Stanfield
tl;dr

Houston in 6.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Megabox!
04-24-2014, 12:54 AM

:lol :lol

fiddy
04-24-2014, 12:54 AM
This is embarrassing dude. Don't let the shitheads get to you. Put 'em on ignore like I do. Lakers fans are the last ones who should be shit talking anyways.
stay salty clown

crawdaddy4ou
04-24-2014, 12:55 AM
Hell root for OKC if they win this series I may be able to take all the chickens I bet on them and turn them into electricity.

inclinerator
04-24-2014, 12:55 AM
Stop crying you fvcking bitch, nobody can deny that Portland has had the refs blatantly in their back pocket the first two games. We just got to man up and realize that the refs are Blazers fans in this series, we are by far more talented and should back door sweep :) Stay positive brosef, Clutch City 4 life
this guy roots for every team

Le Shaqtus
04-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Try living in Orlando.

sbw19
04-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Be happy format's changed from best of 5 to best of 7. Series isn't over yet. And win or lose it's a learning experience.

Leftimage
04-24-2014, 01:00 AM

Gimme a break dude, they're one of only 5 or 6 teams to win a chip in the last 30 years. And they won 2 back to back.

McHale is awful doe.

Heavincent
04-24-2014, 01:00 AM
Did people really think Houston would contend for a championship? :oldlol:

Dresta
04-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Blame Harden: he's a joke. Should let him rack up the fts next regular season to inflate his value a bit, and then trade him for a decent basketball player.

COnDEMnED
04-24-2014, 01:02 AM

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

I'm sorry. Hopefully you can offload Harden for an equal or better allstar who would mesh better with Dwight and not choke(as much) for the next 4 or 5 years. Bosh? Love? Pau? Anthony? Sign Nick Young for cheap? I feel bad for you, but I'm glad Dwight and Harden are losing. I'm stuck between two different emotions.

I cant help but think we need to dedicate a song to Rockets fans towards their team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds
:(

poido123
04-24-2014, 01:04 AM

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

Try being a Wiz fan, Kings fan or a Bucks fan. You have nothing to complain about. You have a playoff team for the next 3 years at least and you saw your team win 2 championships.

Teams like Bucks and Wiz will always suck(no offense), until they get better management or draft an MJ.

DaSeba5
04-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Try being a Wiz fan, Kings fan or a Bucks fan. You have nothing to complain about. You have a playoff team for the next 3 years at least and you saw your team win 2 championships.

Teams like Bucks and Wiz will always suck(no offense), until they get better management or draft an MJ.

This

nosfan773
04-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Calm down Shady

IamRAMBO24

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

What a fagggot.

poido123
Blame Harden: he's a joke. Should let him rack up the fts next regular season to inflate his value a bit, and then trade him for a decent basketball player.

Is it fair to say he is a playoff choker based on what we've seen? I've seen enough to suggest that he struggles when the pressure is on.

TheMarkMadsen
04-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Come join LA

Where we are so hungry to win that our GM has threaten to kill himself if we are not contending for a title within the next 4 years

finchyyy
04-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Priorities are really not in the right place OP :facepalm

brantonli
04-24-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm as disappointed as you Snook, we keep waiting for Harden to actually show up and do some real damage, looks like he's forgotten pretty much everything he ever learnt in the last 2 seasons.

Oh well, at least this gives us a great pretext to fire Mchale. Please Morey, do it.

Collie
04-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Hey, look at it this way. At least you're not a Knicks fan.

Milbuck
04-24-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm ****ing crying right now.

I haven't been this excited during the playoffs for a while.

Thank you Houston. :applause:

BasedTom
04-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Giving up after two games?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrhbawCQAAmD9D.jpg

For shame. Maybe I would be more sympathetic to your sob story if you didn't talk so much shit

Ethem
04-24-2014, 01:41 AM
:biggums:

It's other people playing basketball. Get a grip.

Seriously.

Jesus man, its a game. Out of all the tragedy and injustice in the world, you're expecting sympathy because 12 dudes who get money to play basketball inside your city are losing. Cry me a river.

moe94
04-24-2014, 01:46 AM

:roll:

imnew09
04-24-2014, 02:18 AM
This guy is faker than those Lebron's bandwagons...

A real fan would not give up when their team is only down by 0 - 2.

20Four
04-24-2014, 02:52 AM
LOL 16 championships dumb B|tch...and didn't the lakers whoop on your magic when you made a post "HAS BEENS vs "THE FUTURE" dumb Pha^ggot

imnew09
04-24-2014, 02:55 AM

http://blog.syracuse.com/today/2009/06/large_APTOPIX_NBA_Finals_Lakers_M.JPG

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0614/nba_a_dwight_jameer_576.jpg

andremiller07
04-24-2014, 02:57 AM

I would rather watch 1000 seasons of these teams not making the playoffs and being 20 win teams than 1 game as a Rockets fan with Harden on it flopping around acting tough during the regular season which he get's gifted free throws.

I honestly don't know how anyone could support Houston with him on it, honestly I use to dislike Dwight but man Dwight's actually a good guy and has heart compared to Harden.

ihoopallday
04-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Bro it's just a game.

iBandwagon
04-24-2014, 03:02 AM

The injuries to T-Mac
Yao's early retirement

and now this.

I was wrong.

OP having a Harden-level meltdown. :roll:

Nick Young
04-24-2014, 03:09 AM
OP with the D12 level meltdown, guess it runs in the water there.

This is what happens when you put faith in Dwight Howard
http://cf067b.medialib.glogster.com/media/61/61fbc5372f2e8e8f85046cb79c80ca3bfb8c5a9f9fafdcd272 ab1478fdaef658/broom-jpg.jpg

BlackVVaves
04-24-2014, 03:18 AM
I'm as disappointed as you Snook, we keep waiting for Harden to actually show up and do some real damage, looks like he's forgotten pretty much everything he ever learnt in the last 2 seasons.

Oh well, at least this gives us a great pretext to fire Mchale. Please Morey, do it.

Harden is sadly affirming the theory that has been floating around since 2012 that he's ref-made.

His game is catered to receiving calls. That flies in the regular season, which is why his point totals are so exorbitant at his position. But, if the refs in the playoffs actually call things evenly without rewarding touch falls, Harden is left grasping for straws, throwing up shots as he leans forward on shot attempts to no avail.

That happened in the 2012 Finals, the 2013 playoffs, and so far the 2014 playoffs. We'll see how things play out.

Djsonny
04-24-2014, 03:19 AM
I would rather watch 1000 seasons of these teams not making the playoffs and being 20 win teams than 1 game as a Rockets fan with Harden on it flopping around acting tough during the regular season which he get's gifted free throws.

I honestly don't know how anyone could support Houston with him on it, honestly I use to dislike Dwight but man Dwight's actually a good guy and has heart compared to Harden.

lol I agree to this one. I disliked howard until this series, I think most people feel the same way. At least howard said what he was going to do, harden....... still waiting

andremiller07
04-24-2014, 03:19 AM

Nah he was still throwing his head and arms and flailing at imaginary contact just was not being called. The problem with his game is everything he has learnt in the last two years and that's doing what he does during the regular season and getting different treatment.

Nick Young
04-24-2014, 03:24 AM
http://img.izismile.com/img/img3/20101228/640/rocket_explosion_640_high_02.jpg

Goon Time
04-24-2014, 04:11 AM
come off it *****, cryin ass. why did god make life so hard? why oh why? **** outta here

JordanL
04-24-2014, 04:15 AM

Us in Portland got just one show in town, the Blazers, and we've had FOUR decades of bad luck.

So I don't feel sympathy. We're closing you out, and moving on to the next texas team.

KyrieTheFuture
04-24-2014, 04:20 AM
Try being a Cleveland sports fan

KungFuJoe
04-24-2014, 04:24 AM
As long as McHale is the coach, Houston will never win shit.

Kakapopo
04-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Nikka we all know you became a rocket fan right when they got Howard stop bullsh'tting :lol

ihoopallday
04-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Us in Portland got just one show in town, the Blazers, and we've had FOUR decades of bad luck.

So I don't feel sympathy. We're closing you out, and moving on to the next texas team.

This. Shit y'all passed up on both MJ and Durant. Hard to feel bad for Houston in this situation. I'm actually rooting for y'all to get far and maybe even win the chip!

Black Mamba's B
04-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Sorry dude. But Harden is a prick can't stand how he plays.

Angel Face
04-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Well, It's because

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/nbaCARES.jpg

becken
04-24-2014, 05:33 AM
Try living in Orlando.
:coleman: :coleman:

JordanL
04-24-2014, 05:44 AM
This. Shit y'all passed up on both MJ and Durant. Hard to feel bad for Houston in this situation. I'm actually rooting for y'all to get far and maybe even win the chip!

I scarcely can bring myself to even dream of it this year, let alone root for a chip. It feels like I'll curse something.

PizzamanIRL
04-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Stop saying your team is unlucky. It's not poker they're playing. It's basketball. If they lose it's their fault, nothing to do with luck. Get a grip.:hammerhead:

becken
04-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Stop saying your team is unlucky. It's not poker they're playing. It's basketball. If they lose it's their fault, nothing to do with luck. Get a grip.:hammerhead:
:rockon: :rockon:

MrC1991
04-24-2014, 08:51 AM
lol try being a cubs fan or something. You got all the pieces there to be a contender but you can't count on Harden being that number 1 guy.

NauruDude
04-24-2014, 08:56 AM
hope rockets will be moved to seattle if their fans cant apprecieate haveing a team

Mr Exlax
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Smook get your shit together nikka. This our first season together, we have money and tradeable assets. We're in a really good spot. LMA and Lillard missed the playoffs their first year. If we get sweot we're getting a better coach. I said we'd lose in the second round wnd be stuck with McHale. First round exit and we'll be free of him.

buddha
04-24-2014, 09:10 AM

:oldlol:

I didn't think you actually believed what you were saying. I thought you were just going overboard trying to be a good fan.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

IMObjective
04-24-2014, 09:21 AM
tl;dr

Houston in 6.
Avy bet? 1 month suspension from posting bet?

Nick Young
04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Smook get your shit together nikka. This our first season together, we have money and tradeable assets. We're in a really good spot. LMA and Lillard missed the playoffs their first year. If we get sweot we're getting a better coach. I said we'd lose in the second round wnd be stuck with McHale. First round exit and we'll be free of him.
breh. What tradeable assets?

Asik and Lin on 15 million next year breh? You stuck with those two next season.

By the time they come off the books Howard will be like 32:roll:

Rockets aren't that young. Parsons is gonna want to be paid.

Your window is two years, then you have to blow it up again.

Maybe next year you get to the second round atleast.:cheers: