PDA

View Full Version : James Harden Calls Reporter "Weirdo"

Knoe Itawl
04-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Harden flatly said he wasn't worried about his offense.

"It's basketball," Harden said. "You're going to miss shots. It's basketball, that's it."

The interview session moved on, Harden calmly answered additional questions from other reporters. The Rockets' line of flat-screen TVs scrolled through the team's statistical ranks on the season, including their defensive efficiency rank of 13th. Harden focused on the Rockets' defense as their downfall in Game 2.

"I'm not worried about my offense, I'm worried about our defense -- our defense as a team," Harden said.

A few minutes later, the questions stopped coming, but not before Harden, evidently still aggravated, circled back and spun the questioning to the aforementioned reporter, taking issue with his basketball credibility.

"You've never seen someone shoot 29 percent in two games? You must not watch basketball."

The longtime reporter responded that he'd watching basketball longer than Harden had been alive. And that Harden should be held to a higher standard because he is All-NBA.

"Weirdo," Harden said, before walking out of the room once Houston's PR staff stepped in.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-140423/lamarcus-aldridge-scorches-rockets-again

:oldlol:

RightToCensor
04-24-2014, 10:27 AM
At least he didn't call him a fakkit

BigBoss
04-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Ate the bait AND had childish comeback. He's not ready for greatness

buddha
04-24-2014, 10:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZfOgqmX.jpg

y'all monicas trippin

Marlo_Stanfield
04-24-2014, 10:33 AM
that is what his retarded coach and GM told him doe. chuck as much as possible, you are the greatest ever:facepalm

Frozen1
04-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Dis n.igga is the future of the SG position in the NBA.

What a shame.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2014, 10:39 AM
:oldlol: Hahaha

Video of this?

JohnMax
04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/46740465.jpg

YouGotServed
04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
At least he didn't call him a fakkit

dude77
04-24-2014, 10:55 AM
The longtime reporter responded that he'd watching basketball longer than Harden had been alive. And that Harden should be held to a higher standard because he is All-NBA.

"Weirdo," Harden said, before walking out of the room once Houston's PR staff stepped in.

lol he was so ethered he couldn't think of something coherent to say .. :blurts out weirdo: .. owned .. harden needs to stop being a bitch and own up when he plays like shit

reppy
04-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Harden became confused when he realized he was getting push back, but knew he couldn't flop.

Knoe Itawl
04-24-2014, 11:21 AM
lol he was so ethered he couldn't think of something coherent to say .. :blurts out weirdo: .. owned .. harden needs to stop being a bitch and own up when he plays like shit

Haha, exactly. That's why I found it so amusing.

Bl
04-24-2014, 11:56 AM
worried about"team defense" does he not realize whe he is on the floor it is basically 4v5 on defense against them :facepalm

Basketbolero
04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
1. Plays like shit 2 games in a row

2. Says the team is lacking swag

3. Local reporter proceeds to own the sh

BlackVVaves
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
I find it tremendously more funny that he has been emphasizing the "team defense" as the Rockets' flaw, instead of owning up to his individual defensive failings :oldlol:

Basketbolero
04-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I find it tremendously more funny that he has been emphasizing the "team defense" as the Rockets' flaw, instead of owning up to his individual defensive failings :oldlol:
This. Seriously. That possesion where he just doesn't get back on defense and Matthews scores an easy layup was too much

ILLsmak
04-25-2014, 01:37 AM

haha, well, he wants them to get his back obviously.

-Smak

russwest0
04-25-2014, 01:38 AM
No video doe? :confusedshrug:

Mrofir
04-25-2014, 01:38 AM
poo head

Angel Face
04-25-2014, 01:39 AM
We need a video for laughs. :oldlol:

MUGEN
04-25-2014, 06:15 PM
There's no video of it because he waited until the interview was over lol I think the way the OP's article is worded it can be a bit misleading

"But when his media session in the Rockets opulent locker room ended, Harden went back at the reporter, asking if he had ever seen a player not play well before. The reporter answered that the struggle seemed unusual for Harden and was coming on a major stage, the playoffs.

The two went back and forth for a while, with Harden asking the reporter if he

Smoke117
04-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Harden flatly said he wasn't worried about his offense.

"It's basketball," Harden said. "You're going to miss shots. It's basketball, that's it."

The interview session moved on, Harden calmly answered additional questions from other reporters. The Rockets' line of flat-screen TVs scrolled through the team's statistical ranks on the season, including their defensive efficiency rank of 13th. Harden focused on the Rockets' defense as their downfall in Game 2.

"I'm not worried about my offense, I'm worried about our defense -- our defense as a team," Harden said.

A few minutes later, the questions stopped coming, but not before Harden, evidently still aggravated, circled back and spun the questioning to the aforementioned reporter, taking issue with his basketball credibility.

"You've never seen someone shoot 29 percent in two games? You must not watch basketball."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-140423/lamarcus-aldridge-scorches-rockets-again

Sure you are.

tjgoHAM
04-25-2014, 07:02 PM
:kobe:

harden sounds mad as ****. he better get his head right or Houston is for sure done.

:coleman: