PDA

View Full Version : Put prime Shaq in today's league

sportjames23
04-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Is he the best player in the game? Better than Lebron or Durant?

NumberSix
04-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes.

TheReal Kendall
04-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Bbq chicken

Lebronxrings
04-24-2014, 05:56 PM
close second behind lebron.

BigBoss
04-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Shaq's prime > anybody. If you disagree then you're a teenager

Jlamb47
04-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Shaq prime would be the best player in todays NBA.
1.Shaq
2a. KD 2b.LBJ

DwnShft2Xcelr8
04-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Jordan's prime > anybody. If you disagree, then you're a young adult.

Kareem's prime > anybody. If you disagree, then you're middle aged.

Wilt's prime > anybody. If you disagree, you're senile.

Mikan's prime > anybody. If you disagree, you're dead.

sportjames23
04-24-2014, 05:58 PM

:lol

Bl
04-24-2014, 05:59 PM
:biggums:

BlkMambaGOAT
04-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Shaq 8-peats and then snacks on donuts till he retires

Jameerthefear
04-24-2014, 06:02 PM
No shit.

BigBoss
04-24-2014, 06:05 PM

You altered my point now you're using logic that doesn't make sense. Even with that logic, shaq clearly was more dominant. He came up big in the finals and has 4 rings including 3 as the guy on a dynasty in the western conference. His prime cannot be replicated. If you disagree go look up what he did in the 2001 playoffs

WillC
04-24-2014, 06:14 PM

Massive fail.

kamil
04-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Shaq 8-peats and then snacks on donuts till he retires

This.

dc_chilling
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
He would be the most dominant in any era. Best I don't know. It's tough to compare positions like that. He was an absolute monster in his prime though.

Kakapopo
04-24-2014, 06:18 PM
He'd be fouled out by the 1st half every single game.

CavaliersFTW
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
He would be the most dominant in any era. Best I don't know. It's tough to compare positions like that. He was an absolute monster in his prime though.
He would be nowhere near as dominant as Wilt, sorry, how many rebounding titles, scoring titles, MVP's, assist titles, or NBA records does shaq have again?

LoneyROY7
04-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Yes.

Shaq's a whiny d*uche...but yes.

~primetime~
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM
having prime Shaq on your team was basically cheating...that's how dominate he was

Genaro
04-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Under current rules I think that his power wouldn't be as good as in 2000's but I can see him dominate, especially in the playoffs when the game slows down and the refs allow contact.

Solefade
04-24-2014, 07:04 PM
if shaq peaked the same time as MJ there would be a different GOAT

dc_chilling
04-24-2014, 07:08 PM
He would be nowhere near as dominant as Wilt, sorry, how many rebounding titles, scoring titles, MVP's, assist titles, or NBA records does shaq have again?

I'm sorry but Shaq would be just as dominant as Wilt, if not more, in Wilts era. Wilt was a great athlete and way ahead of his time, but Shaq was a different kind of animal. Wilt had a lot more finesse in his game than Shaq. Shaq was pure power. Again, I didn't say Shaq would be there best in a given era, but he would be the most dominant no doubt.

sportjames23
04-24-2014, 07:11 PM
if shaq peaked the same time as MJ there would be a different GOAT

:oldlol:

Angel Face
04-24-2014, 07:12 PM
He would rape in today's league. Today's league lacks quality centers that could give him trouble.

Solefade
04-24-2014, 07:14 PM

why's that funny? it's probably true :confusedshrug:

who on the Bulls was going to stop 2000 shaq?

CavaliersFTW
04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry but Shaq would be just as dominant as Wilt, if not more, in Wilts era. Wilt was a great athlete and way ahead of his time, but Shaq was a different kind of animal. Wilt had a lot more finesse in his game than Shaq. Shaq was pure power. Again, I didn't say Shaq would be there best in a given era, but he would be the most dominant no doubt.
So suddenly shaq would be a miraculously more aggressive rebounder, better passer, more determined record chaser, more determined physical fitness buff and all around athlete, etc etc?

No... Shaq would be what he was in his own era in any era, nothing more. Wilt did more because he was better, not because his competition was allegedly inferior, his competition was better than Shaq's the majority of his career. Wilt wasn't just "ahead of his time", he was ahead of any time. Actually, the entire implication is flawed, there is never going to be a time when athletes are like Wilt, he was completely one of a kind.

Carbine
04-24-2014, 07:19 PM
In today's league I think he would be a little less effective than he was.

Pick and roll is such a huge part of everyone's offense now. Shaq was a guy you would want to attack continuously with that play. He would be exposed far more than what he was back then.

He would still put up insane numbers, but his impact overall wouldn't be the same.

Fazotronic
04-24-2014, 07:23 PM
So suddenly shaq would be a miraculously more aggressive rebounder, better passer, more determined record chaser, more determined physical fitness buff and all around athlete, etc etc?

No... Shaq would be what he was in his own era in any era, nothing more. Wilt did more because he was better, not because his competition was allegedly inferior, his competition was better than Shaq's the majority of his career. Wilt wasn't just "ahead of his time", he was ahead of any time. Actually, the entire implication is flawed, there is never going to be a time when athletes are like Wilt, he was completely one of a kind.

all of this mean jack shit as wilt played in the 60s and shaq in the 90s/00s.
the answer is and always will be competition. doesn't matter how many times you forget that and AGAIN point at the numbers that as always mean jack due shitty competition.

dc_chilling
04-24-2014, 07:23 PM

By ahead of his time I meant a C that could translate into any era and be dominant. Look, Wilt was incredible. I just don't take that era too seriously. You are right about Wilt as an athlete though. Wilt, Lebron, and Shaq are probably the greatest athletes in the history of the game.

Don't sleep on Shaq as an athlete though. The dude weight 350 easy in his prime and was explosive as hell. I would love to see Wilt and Shaq go against one another though. They are the most impressive centers ever from a physical standpoint.

dc_chilling
04-24-2014, 07:26 PM
all of this mean jack shit as wilt played in the 60s and shaq in the 90s/00s.
the answer is and always will be competition. doesn't matter how many times you forget that and AGAIN point at the numbers that as always mean jack due shitty competition.

Exactly. It's like when people believe Oscar was on the same level as a Lebron or Durant because he averaged a triple double. Anyone who watches film of Oscar and still believes that nonsense is rediculous. Lebron and KD would eat his lunch.

LoneyROY7
04-24-2014, 07:29 PM

:facepalm

Someone needs to Hot Tub Time Machine this dude back to 60's...I mean for his own f*cking sake.

Marchesk
04-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Wilt wasn't just "ahead of his time", he was ahead of any time. Actually, the entire implication is flawed, there is never going to be a time when athletes are like Wilt, he was completely one of a kind.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uq9J78p0VYM/UakQhhVXJ7I/AAAAAAAAH14/RbwBTacM2fU/s640/LeBron+James+Cybrog.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4062/4287975347_cc43dbdba3.jpg

http://images.zap2it.com/assets/9352_ac/alien-resurrection.jpg

fpliii
04-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Exactly. It's like when people believe Oscar was on the same level as a Lebron or Durant because he averaged a triple double. Anyone who watches film of Oscar and still believes that nonsense is rediculous. Lebron and KD would eat his lunch.
:roll:

deja vu
04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
why's that funny? it's probably true :confusedshrug:

who on the Bulls was going to stop 2000 shaq?
Nobody can stop Shaq but Rodman did a good job as anybody at limiting Shaq.

You forgot that the Bulls SWEPT Shaq's Magic? Punked them 4-0 when they were 62-20.

Micku
04-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Nobody can stop Shaq but Rodman did a good job as anybody at limiting Shaq.

You forgot that the Bulls SWEPT Shaq's Magic? Punked them 4-0 when they were 62-20.

Duncan and Robinson combo limited Shaq a lot too in his prime.

And yeah, Rodman did a very good job against Shaq. Bother him a bit, not letting him get into position.

pauk
04-24-2014, 09:22 PM

Lebron, no.

Durant, yes.

Derka
04-24-2014, 09:23 PM
No one would be able to guard him. They'd frustrate him at best.

Destroyer9
04-24-2014, 09:23 PM
He'd be the best player in the league but he wouldn't be able to get out of the west because of the GOAT defensive center Kendrick Perkins

Calabis
04-24-2014, 09:46 PM

Kevin Love 26 and 12, now imagine prime Shaq:oldlol:

Deuce Bigalow
04-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Give me their ring count and Finals stats please :roll:

mr.big35
04-24-2014, 09:57 PM
how good prime shaq would be in current lakers

miggyme1
04-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Was no such thing as zone defense during shaqs prime years.

Shaq would still be the best center in the league in todays game. Similar peak stats but nothing more or godly.

I know for a fact he wouldnt win as many rings...well if he dont team up with lebron.

Rocketswin2013
04-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Peak Shaq, would do the same things and had a better season in 00' than Durant this year so yes. MVP, and better than both this season.

edrick
04-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Of course he is. Prime Shaq was unstoppable.

Collie
04-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Let's put it this way. As a fan of an opposing team (Kings) during that time, Shaq was the only player I ever feared when the ball was in his hands. I was expecting a dunk or foul just about every time he caught the ball in the post.

Neither LBJ nor Durant gives me that feeling.

Round Mound
04-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Destruction.

iBandwagon
04-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Shaq was the best player in his era. Imagine what he'd do in today's era where the "best" centers include Hibbert and Dwight who can't win with home court.

GS1905
04-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Shaq

Everyone else.

Relinquish
04-25-2014, 12:07 AM

He's right though :confusedshrug:

sammichoffate
04-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Put prime Shaq with current Lakers. ISH implodes :lol

Bob Dole
04-25-2014, 12:36 AM
The Shaq most dominant thing is so overblown on here.

He has a top 5 peak with Jordan Wilt Kareem n bird/Lebron.

They're all about the same. Jordan slightly the best if I Have to choose, then wilt.

He'd be the Best at times but so would Lebron/kd. They're all on that level.

20Four
04-25-2014, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=mikek85]Shaq would dominate. :cheers: :cheers:

You know how annoying that pic is? dumb$hit

SpanishACB
04-25-2014, 05:37 AM

good idea, horrible implementation

you're doing it the other way around, idiot.

Harison
04-25-2014, 06:32 AM

Strange question. Put someone a tier bellow to play today, like D.Robinson, and he would be the best in NBA, what to speak of Shaq.

The-Legend-24
04-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Give me their ring count and Finals stats please :roll:
Damn.

Rest In Piss.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Hed average 30/20 and be the best player if his fat@zz played defense

Himan12
04-25-2014, 08:36 PM
With how many teams run small ball, his numbers would be so much more ridiculous. And is it me or do centres look alot leaner than years past?

dubeta
04-25-2014, 09:01 PM
He would be good, sure. But once he runs in Kendrick Goatkins he will get dominated, quiver, and time travel back to his era