PDA

View Full Version : Refs Are Too Obvious With Rigging

AirTupac
04-25-2014, 10:01 PM
So many calls are just pure BS. From the Curry foul to this BKN vs RAP series. At least make it less noticeable so fans can enjoy :oldlol: ... :facepalm

outbreak
04-25-2014, 10:04 PM
So many calls are just pure BS. From the Curry foul to this BKN vs RAP series. At least make it less noticeable so fans can enjoy :oldlol: ... :facepalm

made a thread the other day, hard to enjoy these play offs with all the bs going. Either they have the most incompetent staff ever and need to fire everyone involved with the refs or their playing shenanigans and we're watching new age wrestling.

AirTupac
04-25-2014, 10:05 PM
made a thread the other day, hard to enjoy these play offs with all the bs going. Either they have the most incompetent staff ever and need to fire everyone involved with the refs or their playing shenanigans and we're watching new age wrestling.

Seriously, its basically WWE right now. No consistency with the calls and there have been so many mind boggling calls as well. These playoffs have been awesome so far but the officiating has been getting out of hand in my opinion.

NumberSix
04-25-2014, 10:05 PM
OKC/MEM has been so blatantly slanted in OKC's favor that it's just infuriating to watch. Do they think we're idiots who can see what is in front of us?

AirTupac
04-25-2014, 10:07 PM
OKC/MEM has been so blatantly slanted in OKC's favor that it's just infuriating to watch. Do they think we're idiots who can see what is in front of us?

If these refs can call all those soft fouls for Westbrook and Durant, why not have the same consistency with every other series? Does the NBA just let it slide that refs are all over the place *coughs* rig.

Real14
MEM up 2-1:coleman:

moe94
Raps playing against a team of closers with the refs on their side. What a joke.

Real14
yea raptors supposed to be 3-0 up now:facepalm

lpublic_enemyl
04-25-2014, 10:08 PM
4th quarter at the end was bad, but patrick p shud have hit the free throws ow well

INDI
04-25-2014, 10:10 PM

I think the Raps got away with murder on all those flops. Lowry might be the king of flopping. Outside of the one he got on Anderson in the third which was legit, everything else was a freaking flop! I hate that kind of basketball so GOOD win for BK

plowking
04-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Patrick P should have hit the free throws, but man, what a bunch of terrible calls. And the technical late in the game like that? Come on.

Even the Bulls just now. Getting Nene ejected... Yeah, the best guy on the Wizards who just happens to be killing them gets ejected...

AirTupac
04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Patrick P should have hit the free throws, but man, what a bunch of terrible calls. And the technical late in the game like that? Come on.

Even the Bulls just now. Getting Nene ejected... Yeah, the best guy on the Wizards who just happens to be killing them gets ejected...

Such a soft tech. What is Vasquez supposed to do? Close his eyes and meditate? ITS A ****ING SPORT.

Kiddlovesnets
04-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Raps playing against a team of closers with the refs on their side. What a joke.

lol seriously? Need me to remind you that the Raptors shot as many FTs as the Nets did, and this is a Nets home game? Patterson did not make his FTs, and you blame the refs for giving him these 2 FTs?
:rolleyes:

Real14
04-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Patterson did not make his FTs, and you blame the refs for giving him these 2 FTs?
What happened b4 dat?:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-25-2014, 10:20 PM
MEM up 2-1:coleman:
should be 3-0 not even joking

Marlo_Stanfield
04-25-2014, 10:21 PM
:applause: :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
04-25-2014, 10:21 PM

What happened before that? The two teams shot the same number of FTs, and this is our home game.

Real14
04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
should be 3-0 not even joking
I don't know about all of dat:D

Real14
04-25-2014, 10:26 PM
What happened before that? The two teams shot the same number of FTs, and this is our home game.
Sometimes number of free throws don't matter. Its tha no calls and game momentum switch which was blessed by tha refs in nets favor all damn night long that decided this shameful game:coleman:

AirTupac
04-25-2014, 10:38 PM
And now the Wiz - Bulls game :facepalm

coin24
04-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Wiz were getting screwed in game 2 also. :facepalm

RidonKs
04-25-2014, 10:45 PM
the refs have clearly been told to crack down and its really unfortunate in a game that's already way too watered down with star bias, bail outs, drawing fouls, and general weak sauce ***** play. it sucks balls and it doesn't appear it'll get better any time soon.

forgetting bias altogether because typically both sides get a relatively equal number of shitty calls, this past week has been a really disappointing one for the nba.

INDI
04-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Sometimes number of free throws don't matter. Its tha no calls and game momentum switch which was blessed by tha refs in nets favor all damn night long that decided this shameful game:coleman:

Was we watching the same game cause it looked as if the refs favored the Raps for long stretches. How many flops did the Raps get away with???

When you root for particular teams you tend to be based towards the way you view things

B4llin
04-25-2014, 11:02 PM

If you're right and they are rigging it for OKC, why are OKC down 2-1?

If the refs are rigging it, which they are, trust me, they aren't doing it wrongly.

The refs are rigging it and Memphis is up 2-1. So that means they are rigging it for Memphis to win right?

You people who say its rigged and think they would **** up the rigging are so stupid. If they are rigging it they are doing it the way they are supposed too, you think they would rig it for OKC and still end up with OKC losing the game? How ****ing stupid can you be to believe that?

guy
04-25-2014, 11:05 PM

Huh? Nene grabbed Butler by the neck. How is that not an ejection in today's game? This isn't 20 years ago.

Kiddlovesnets
04-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Was we watching the same game cause it looked as if the refs favored the Raps for long stretches. How many flops did the Raps get away with???

When you root for particular teams you tend to be based towards the way you view things

:applause:
This. I completely agree with you. The Refs were not doing a good job, but clearly not favoring either team. Sure Nets got many favorable calls in the 3rd, but in the 4th the calls mostly went for Raptors favor, its about even. Gotta say the refs are kinda stupid for screwing both teams, but in terms of fairness I dont see a problem. Also this is Nets home game, Id expect us to get more calls anyway.

sc19
04-25-2014, 11:10 PM
How right is my ***** Tim Donaghy.

NumberSix
04-25-2014, 11:16 PM
If you're right and they are rigging it for OKC, why are OKC down 2-1?

If the refs are rigging it, which they are, trust me, they aren't doing it wrongly.

The refs are rigging it and Memphis is up 2-1. So that means they are rigging it for Memphis to win right?

You people who say its rigged and think they would **** up the rigging are so stupid. If they are rigging it they are doing it the way they are supposed too, you think they would rig it for OKC and still end up with OKC losing the game? How ****ing stupid can you be to believe that?
Memphis has been able to overcome the handicap.

poido123
04-25-2014, 11:17 PM

It's quite clear that you are rooting against the two biggest possible threats to Miami in the East, so please take your bias ass and kindly...

http://i.imgur.com/S4DN95o.gif

NumberSix
04-25-2014, 11:20 PM
It's quite clear that you are rooting against the two biggest possible threats to Miami in the East, so please take your bias ass and kindly...

http://i.imgur.com/S4DN95o.gif
How about this? Let's all just agree that the Bulls are big bad scary threats and Miami fans are very afraid of them. Ok, now that's settled, let's move on.

oh the horror
04-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Let's say for arguments sake that there isn't any rigging going on.

Are NBA officials the worst in all pro sports in the US?

We fans can CLEARLY see blatant missed calls, and favorable calls throughout slanting toward a particular team where it seems like something is up.

And if that isn't rigging then their influence on the outcome of games is far too heavy at times. It's so crazy to watch at times.

poido123
04-25-2014, 11:24 PM
How about this? Let's all just agree that the Bulls are big bad scary threats and Miami fans are very afraid of them. Ok, now that's settled, let's move on.

Bulls won't beat them, but they will wear Miami down for their next opponent.

Nets can beat Miami, they are a legitimate threat.

poido123
04-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Let's say for arguments sake that there isn't any rigging going on.

Are NBA officials the worst in all pro sports in the US?

We fans can CLEARLY see blatant missed calls, and favorable calls throughout slanting toward a particular team where it seems like something is up.

And if that isn't rigging then their influence on the outcome of games is far too heavy at times. It's so crazy to watch at times.

My word its rigged.

I mean, a ref can't win a game for a team, but they can definately influence a game.

No calls, bad calls, timing of bad calls, timing of no calls, can all change momentum in a game. I see it too often to think otherwise. :confusedshrug:

I accept that the NBA is tainted for business, I still enjoy the skill aspect of the game and of course the Bulls

Boogaloo
04-26-2014, 12:45 AM

Are you kidding me?

Refs put the the Raps at a disadvantage early on.
When KG pushed Valencunas and PP was holding him, Val got called for his 2nd foul which was BIG. Took him out early. Raps no inside presence. Then they called him for a bull shit loose ball foul. Physco T comes in and get whistled for 2 fast tricky tack fouls.

When it matters most the refs call their bull. The last 1:30 sec was horrible.

DWill initiated the contact on Vazquez and when he turned around to argue quick T. Which was HUGE. Meanwhile KG yells at officials every call no tech.

DWill gets trapped loses the ball while dribbling and Demar gets called for the lose ball.

The fu k are those bullsh it calls?

MMM
04-26-2014, 12:48 AM
mvp!!!mvp!!!mvp!!!mvp!!!mvp!!!mvp!!!mvp!!!mvp!!!mv p!!!

Boogaloo
04-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Also when Demar almost posterized Plumlee he clearly got hacked in the shoulder, but the call was not called right away only when Demar hit the floor was the whistle blown.

Slow mo shows the baseline ref who was right in front of the FUGGIN PLAY did not blow his whistle. He looks at the play, Demar falls on the floor and the scum bag looks down on the floor held his whistle. The ref from the side had to make the call when Demar fell to the ground.

tragicbronson
04-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Wanted to comment on officiating aswell. Sometimes i am not sure if they are so bad or they are really doing it on purpose. They are really the bad side of the NBA. And ironically seems like NBA is a league with best players on the world but officiating is nowhere near that level. I just watched some european basketball, talent is on much lower level, Sasha Pavlovic was probably the best player on the court and Nolan Smith hit winning shot so you can get the picture of talent there but you barely notice refs, if you flop, 2fts for opposing team, there's no superstar calls, no phantom calls, maybe some because noone is perfect but officiating is so much better. We are seeing a plenty of good interesting games in the playoffs but it always seems like refs want to be involved i don't know maybe they need attention or whatsoever so they make questionable calls. Really bad for the league.

Meticode
04-27-2014, 11:37 AM
I love these threads. People bitch and moan about the officiating, but they keep watching the games anyway, just cycling the bitching and moaning. :oldlol:

Phantom_Blue
04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
I do think they have a pretty tough job with 10 players basically doing some kind of action at simultaneously, half probably trying to manipulate them.

But I do agree that they can easily influence a game, which is why they've gotta be as consistent as possible throughout.

I wouldnt mind a ref pregame segment every game, wacthing them go over their preparation and how they plan to call it.

Phantom_Blue
04-27-2014, 12:15 PM
I love these threads. People bitch and moan about the officiating, but they keep watching the games anyway, just cycling the bitching and moaning. :oldlol:

The problem with claiming "rigged" and unfair towards one team or another is that no one can come up with any evidence or proof, or is willing to go through every call in the game from the tip-off and weigh whether that call favored one team or the other.

So yeah, its pretty much venting.

Locked_Up_Tonight
04-27-2014, 12:22 PM
The problem with the refs are: no accountability.

A ref could make a dumb@ss call a la LAC/GS Game 1... that changes the entire outcome of a game, and possibly the series... and what does the league do? Do they reprimand the official? Nope. They just issue a letter of apology saying: "AW! Shuck! We missed a call."

tragicbronson
04-27-2014, 12:37 PM

Maybe we love this game too much to stop watching it because of someone who isn't even playing? I don't claim it's rigged or so, i just think that i don't know why officiating isn't on NBA level.

Reef
04-27-2014, 12:38 PM
As a Raps fan, yes the reffing could be better, but that's not why we're down 2-1. We're just playing sloppy, committing 20 turnovers a game when we averaged 14 in the regular season. Patterson also missed those two clutch free throws. DeRozan is constantly forcing up terrible shots on iso's. We're not going enough to Jonas who is out best player in this series. Ross should be coming off the bench, he's garbage.

Duggrr
04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Seemingly anyone can commit the most obvious moving picks now, while another is taking 4 - 5 steps during a drive.

LogicalFan
04-27-2014, 02:32 PM
As a Raps fan, yes the reffing could be better, but that's not why we're down 2-1. We're just playing sloppy, committing 20 turnovers a game when we averaged 14 in the regular season. Patterson also missed those two clutch free throws. DeRozan is constantly forcing up terrible shots on iso's. We're not going enough to Jonas who is out best player in this series. Ross should be coming off the bench, he's garbage.

As a Nets fan, thank you for being objective. I can't stand this "refs" narrative when there has been no evidence.

Here are the FACTS. So far in the series:

Raptors
Free Throws: 76/91 (84%)
Personal Fouls: 75
Technical Fouls: 2

Nets
Free Throws: 71/92 (77%)
Personal Fouls: 77
Technical Fouls: 3

So the way it breaks down.

* The Nets have shot one more free throw (and shot a lower % from the line)
* The Raptors have been called for two fewer fouls despite having to intentionally foul a bit
* The Nets have been called for one more technical foul.

So please, PLEASE, once again tell me how the Raptors are obviously getting jobbed by the Refs? Oh, is it because the Nets weren't called for fouls in that 4th quarter in game 1. Okay, let's analyze that shaky argument:

* Shooting foul on P. Patterson @ 9:33

Threethrows
04-27-2014, 02:50 PM
The fact that these are supposed to be the best refs in the league and they still give Harden phantom foul free throws with the game on the line even when everyone there can clearly see it's not a foul... :facepalm

If not fixed, they are just really, really, REALLY bad.