PDA

View Full Version : Lin is clutch

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Been clutch since he won us the DII state title :applause: clutch as fvck steal, clutch assist, and before faked the fvck out of Lillard on that
jumper :applause:

RighttoCensor and miggyme are dumb cvnts :oldlol:

dat court vision

Mr. Jabbar
04-26-2014, 01:45 AM
yes he is, although playing alongside howard and harden helps his case

Kvnzhangyay
04-26-2014, 01:45 AM
Yea although this has been pretty much established by anyone that knows basketball. Like I don't even know, he can be like 0-10 in the 1st 3 quarters then score like 10 straight points in the 4th. Its actually kind of weird

SavageMode
04-26-2014, 01:46 AM
Lin is the true alpha of the Rockets. Dude doesn't live under any gimmicks. Just plays hard.

Imagine if he got to shoot 35 shots like Harden.
The Rockets offense would be so much more efficient.

DAT Clutch pass to Troy Daniels.

dreamwarrior
04-26-2014, 01:47 AM
His clutch assist bailed out Harden's 37% shooting night. That was probably the greatest assist I've ever seen in the playoffs

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 01:49 AM
His clutch assist bailed out Harden's 37% shooting night. That was probably the greatest assist I've ever seen in the playoffs

:bowdown:

moe94
04-26-2014, 01:52 AM
Lin did this thing. Can't hate on that.

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Lin did this thing. Can't hate on that.

Is there any player who goes from "Doesnt belong in the NBA" to "just shat upon a playoff defense" like he does?

From clutch shots and ft in the 4th, to missing a WIDE open layup in crunch time :facepalm then back to being clutch as fvck icing Lillard and dat steal/assist... seriously Lin goes from the Monstars stealing his talent to refueling with MJ's secret stuff every other damn possession :oldlol:
http://www.linsanity.org/images/jeremy-lin-game-winner-toronto.gif

Cocaine80s
04-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Now i know why Mchale hates him. Probably is nervous af whenever Lin is on the floor. He is the most unpredicatable player ive ever seen.

Im Still Ballin
04-26-2014, 01:57 AM
My homie Stanfield was right all along.

Marlo on that real shit

Jameerthefear
04-26-2014, 01:57 AM
I mean. He's so up and down watching him is like being on a rollercoaster

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 01:58 AM
Yea although this has been pretty much established by anyone that knows basketball. Like I don't even know, he can be like 0-10 in the 1st 3 quarters then score like 10 straight points in the 4th. Its actually kind of weird

I've been a Lin fan since 2005 :rockon: except back then it was HS competition so he schooled everyone and never went 0-10 haha

RightToCensor
04-26-2014, 01:58 AM
Weren't you and Lin shower buddies in Middle School. I'm pretty sure you brought that up once.

Real14
04-26-2014, 01:59 AM
yes he is, although playing alongside howard and harden helps his case
and Foe crawford:applause:

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 02:00 AM
and Foe crawford:applause:

LOL you trollin or just retarded?

UK2K
04-26-2014, 02:00 AM
He almost cost us the game, again, on his stupid lay up attempt with 40 seconds left and 18 seconds on the shot clock.

Kinda like he fouled with 30 seconds left last game down by one possession.

Also, Lin can't guard Lillard. That's not a bad thing, because nobody on Houston can but Beverly, but the Rockets have to go with him when Williams and Lillard are in the game together.

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 02:01 AM
He almost cost us the game, again, on his stupid lay up attempt with 40 seconds left and 18 seconds on the shot clock.

He was the only reason you guys didn't lose in the 4th while Harden was choking on d1ck :lol

Then clutch again in OT. Yeah missing that layup was scrubby but Rockets were falling apart in the 4th except for Lin :applause:

Also, Harden let Lillard blow by him 3 or 4 times, and Batum did the same at least twice. Rockets would have smashed if Haren could play a lick of D

GimmeThat
04-26-2014, 02:02 AM
so, a poorman's manu.

assuming he scores enough and plays enough defense to stay on the court most of the time.

Marlo_Stanfield
what a great poster. have a good day sir and go with lin

no pun intended
Been clutch since he won us the DII state title :applause: clutch as fvck steal, clutch assist, and before faked the fvck out of Lillard on that
jumper :applause:

RighttoCensor and miggyme are dumb cvnts :oldlol:

dat court vision
you went to harvard? lmao

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:03 AM
My homie Stanfield was right all along.

Marlo on that real shit
its all good OG

oarabbus
you went to harvard? lmao

Lin never won Harvard a title :facepalm DII state title can you read? I went to Palo Alto High. It was pretty cool seeing the only Asian kid in the entire section dunk in-game.

Smook A.
Lin was great today. :applause:

I was pissed when he missed that layup but he made up for it in OT when he scored and got that clutch clutch save.

Cocaine80s
04-26-2014, 02:04 AM
Lin never won Harvard a title :facepalm DII state title can you read? I went to Palo Alto High.
ooh shit you guys were teammates? thats sick

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:04 AM
Now i know why Mchale hates him. Probably is nervous af whenever Lin is on the floor. He is the most unpredicatable player ive ever seen.
hes not
if you allow him to play Pg, he gives you a ton of unbelievable assists.
a guy like westbrook makes ten times the mistakes and bad plays lin makes.
lin is the definition of ultra clutch.
the problem is harden dominates the ball more than anyone in history. how can a PG, especially a rythm player like lin, play like that??:coleman:

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 02:05 AM
ooh shit you guys were teammates? thats sick

Haha that would be sick but nah... I'm not even close to 6' I could never have made a bball team :oldlol: I was there when we won states though, sick experience. And at damn near every other basketball game. We were 32-1 that year

Real14
04-26-2014, 02:06 AM
He wasn't clutch when his bitch ass faked an injury to not play against tha Miami cheat in 2012 playoffs:no:

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:06 AM

Also, Lin can't guard Lillard. That's not a bad thing, because nobody on Houston can but Beverly, but the Rockets have to go with him when Williams and Lillard are in the game together.

that was a right play, he just not lucky

shoops
04-26-2014, 02:07 AM
I was pissed when he missed that layup but he made up for it in OT when he scored and got that clutch clutch save.
Yeah that was really bad...it was the right idea though, would've sealed the game. Knew he could make up for it though. :pimp:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:08 AM
Lin was great today. :applause:

this is what Lin does. he makes winning plays. its can be a lose ball save and assist, a drive( he blew the layup and you wont EVEr see that again from him) or a clutch jumper.
he has it all but hes more than all freaking ice cold.
he won you this game, with troy.
noticed how harden finally let him handle the ball in the 4th?? rockets OWNED the blazers. then harden, for some reason, staRTED HOGGING THE SHIT OUT OF THE BALL and nearly lost the game again, shooting terribly.
then in overtime it was mostly lin but he gave the ball to harden too and they were unguardable.
he was fouled on that turnover in overtime too, just for the record

UK2K
04-26-2014, 02:08 AM
He was the only reason you guys didn't lose in the 4th while Harden was choking on d1ck :lol

Then clutch again in OT. Yeah missing that layup was scrubby but Rockets were falling apart in the 4th except for Lin :applause:

Also, Harden let Lillard blow by him 3 or 4 times, and Batum did the same at least twice. Rockets would have smashed if Haren could play a lick of D
He blew by Lin two or three possessions in a row with a couple minutes left.

Like I said, you cant blame Lin for not being able to stay in front of him, because only Beverly can. Beverly is made to guard Lillard, Lin is not. Harden surely isn't.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:09 AM

you are the single most pathetic human being on the internet right now.
i bet you are fuming because lin won you the game, not harden:roll: :roll:
stay mad sonny:coleman:

UK2K
04-26-2014, 02:10 AM
that was a right play, he just not lucky
It was the right play to shoot a lay 2 on 4 fast break lay up with 18 seconds on the shot clock up 3 with 40 seconds in the game?

Really...

Marlo_Stanfield
He blew by Lin two or three possessions in a row with a couple minutes left.

Like I said, you cant blame Lin for not being able to stay in front of him, because only Beverly can. Beverly is made to guard Lillard, Lin is not. Harden surely isn't.
are you retarded?? beverley got fuqqed up by lillard all 4th quater.
lmfao at beverley can guard lillard. what a joke

UK2K
you are the single most pathetic human being on the internet right now.
i bet you are fuming because lin won you the game, not harden:roll: :roll:
stay mad sonny:coleman:

They both played pretty terrible. So...

Not sure if you're serious or joking.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:11 AM
It was the right play to shoot a lay 2 on 4 fast break lay up with 18 seconds on the shot clock up 3 with 40 seconds in the game?

Really...
saltiest person alive:roll: :roll:
he brainfarted and blew it, the play was INCREDIBLE:facepalm

shoops

Really...
He had a great lane to the basket there...that's something he usually makes, but shit happens?:confusedshrug:

inclinerator

Really...
yes it was, he was wide open, he just missed

Marlo_Stanfield
They both played pretty terrible. So...

Not sure if you're serious or joking.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

LosBulls
04-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Haha that would be sick but nah... I'm not even close to 6' I could never have made a bball team :oldlol: I was there when we won states though, sick experience. And at damn near every other basketball game. We were 32-1 that year
Did you ever meet him or talk to him? If so what was your closest interaction with him? Just curious.

NumberSix
He is definitery crutch.

UK2K
are you retarded?? beverley got fuqqed up by lillard all 4th quater.
lmfao at beverley can guard lillard. what a joke

No. Go back and watch the 4th quarter. Every drive Lillard had was when Lin or Harden was guarding him. In between those two stretches, Batum took Parsons to the rim twice.

Beverly checked him. Beverly can guard him, and he guards him well.

oarabbus
saltiest person alive:roll: :roll:
he brainfarted and blew it, the play was INCREDIBLE:facepalm

Lin one of the few PGs that has the amazing speed to have been able to make that play. Yeah that was a real awful miss but he'll make that 9/10 times

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:14 AM
No. Go back and watch the 4th quarter. Every drive Lillard had was when Lin or Harden was guarding him. In between those two stretches, Batum took Parsons to the rim twice.

Beverly checked him. Beverly can guard him, and he guards him well.
hahah beverley got blown by for either assists or scores. he even lost lillard on an inboun play without a screen:facepalm
cant blame him tho, he was solid even tho he took 15 shots:facepalm :facepalm
he just cant guard a guy like lillard but he can make him work.
lin cant shut down lillard either.
newsflash, nobody can

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Did you ever meet him or talk to him? If so what was your closest interaction with him? Just curious.

Wish I had a cool story but he was a couple years older than me. One of my best friends from high school was in his church and knew him and his family pretty well, but not much for me personally. Closest interaction was going to all of our school's basketball games :D

I will say though, that when he was a junior at Harvard I called it that he'd make the NBA. Well, I thought he'd get drafted, and a lot of my friends told me I was crazy. I was one of the few who thought he could play in the L though.

UK2K
04-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Lin one of the few PGs that has the amazing speed to have been able to make that play. Yeah that was a real awful miss but he'll make that 9/10 times

Or, he could dribble it out, let 15 seconds run off the clock, take the shot with 30 seconds left, and make or miss the rockets get the last shot.

If you did that and made a shot, you're up 5 with 30 seconds left in the game. Essentially over.

You take a lay up with nobody there to rebound, you then are playing transition defense against a team full of shooters, which is exactly what happened. Batum buried it.

Cocaine80s
04-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Or, he could dribble it out, let 15 seconds run off the clock, take the shot with 30 seconds left, and make or miss the rockets get the last shot.

If you did that and made a shot, you're up 5 with 30 seconds left in the game. Essentially over.

You take a lay up with nobody there to rebound, you then are playing transition defense against a team full of shooters, which is exactly what happened. Batum buried it.
you guys won. calm the **** down. over time was a good thing because now Mchale knows to give Daniels more playing time

KingBeasley08
04-26-2014, 02:19 AM
I've shit on Lin a lot past couple years but he's earning my respect this post-season. The true alpha on the Rockets

oarabbus
04-26-2014, 02:19 AM

ONLY Rockets fans. They WON the game, Lin made an ABSOLUTELY clutch steal + assist, redeemed himself of that missed layup, was otherwise absolutely clutch in the 4th....

And Rockets fans are criticizing his performance and trying to rationalize how he ISN'T good :biggums:

Literally no other fanbase does this with their players. It's baffling.

shoops
04-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Except 3 of the other Rockets players still hadn't crossed half court...they were in position to guard that shot.

It's nowhere near as bad of a play as you make it out to be. It's only because he blew that layup. Anything could've happened even if they had slowed down and set up for half court offense.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 02:25 AM
ONLY Rockets fans. They WON the game, Lin made an ABSOLUTELY clutch steal + assist, redeemed himself of that missed layup, was otherwise absolutely clutch in the 4th....

And Rockets fans are criticizing his performance and trying to rationalize how he ISN'T good :biggums:

Literally no other fanbase does this with their players. It's baffling.
rockets fans HATE him. because their propaganda always tells them how bad he is and they cant trust their own eyes when he wins them games.
its pretty sad but then again he will be a global superstar when he leaves them so no freaking worries:banana: :banana:

knicksman
04-26-2014, 05:32 AM

LIn is the reason why rockets were up by 10 in the 4th and then harden decided to hog the ball

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 05:37 AM
LIn is the reason why rockets were up by 10 in the 4th and then harden decided to hog the ball
:applause: :applause:

LakersForlife
04-26-2014, 06:00 AM
houston loves their chucking star harden no defense . and blames LIn when shits happens.

KungFuJoe
04-26-2014, 11:51 AM
It's really only U2K2 who is still bitching about Lin. And he's just not very knowledgable about basketball in general from the sound of his posts so I would just cut him some slack. He's also a Harden homer so it makes sense he would try to deflect as much blame off harden and onto Lin.

For the rest of us, we recognize that Lin makes mistakes like everyone else (that layup at the end of reg is a play you go for 10 out of 10 times, though) but he's clutch as **** with a ton of heart where a lot of guys would have crawled into a hole after missing a layup of that magnitude.

Seriously can you imagine the pressure Lin must have felt when the game got tied by Batum? He's already on a short leash, this was about as must win as there ever was and he's playing IN PORTLAND. And he misses a layup. Granted it was actually a semi tough layup because of how fast Lin was going but a layup is a layup. He must have felt like the entire arena was laughing at him (they probably were).

What a ****ing redemption for Lin. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 11:53 AM
It's really only U2K2 who is still bitching about Lin. And he's just not very knowledgable about basketball in general from the sound of his posts so I would just cut him some slack. He's also a Harden homer so it makes sense he would try to deflect as much blame off harden and onto Lin.

For the rest of us, we recognize that Lin makes mistakes like everyone else (that layup at the end of reg is a play you go for 10 out of 10 times, though) but he's clutch as **** with a ton of heart where a lot of guys would have crawled into a hole after missing a layup of that magnitude.

Seriously can you imagine the pressure Lin must have felt when the game got tied by Batum? He's already on a short leash, this was about as must win as there ever was and he's playing IN PORTLAND. And he misses a layup. Granted it was actually a semi tough layup because of how fast Lin was going but a layup is a layup. He must have felt like the entire arena was laughing at him (they probably were).

What a ****ing redemption for Lin. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player.
he pisses ice. wouldnt surprise me at all if he hits a gamewinner this series.
what i hope for is that when he defends lillard he wont get called for all those bullshit fouls he never commits:biggums:

KungFuJoe
04-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Lin guarded Lilliard as well as anyone could. DL is a ****ing stud. He dropped 31 on Beverley in his first playoff game ever.

I wonder if anyone has done match up statistics regarding Lin vs Lilliard and Bev vs Lilliard like they did with Asik/TJones/Howard vs LMA.

Kidbasketball20
04-26-2014, 12:04 PM
I've shit on Lin a lot past couple years but he's earning my respect this post-season. The true alpha on the Rockets

:applause: :applause:

gyu
04-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Lin guarded Lilliard as well as anyone could. DL is a ****ing stud. He dropped 31 on Beverley in his first playoff game ever.

I wonder if anyone has done match up statistics regarding Lin vs Lilliard and Bev vs Lilliard like they did with Asik/TJones/Howard vs LMA.
Who guards LMA the best?

KungFuJoe
04-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Who guards LMA the best?

Asik, and it's not even close.

Only took McHale TWO crucial playoff games to figure that out.