PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard first playoff win in years appreciation thread

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Props to him :applause:

Best center in the league when noah and gasol injury :applause:

Smook A.
04-26-2014, 02:01 AM
I count out the 2012 Playoffs because he was injured.

Hell of game for Dwight in game 3.

24 points and 14 rebounds :applause:. He was definitely our best player tonight.

I also wanna give props to the Blazers team. They're good as f*ck.

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:03 AM
I count out the 2012 Playoffs because he was injured.

Hell of game for Dwight in game 3.

24 points and 14 rebounds :applause:. He was definitely our best player tonight.

I also wanna give props to the Blazers team. They're good as f*ck.

i think he played better in game 1-2, he was kinda non factor in OT,lin and daniel was the man tonight

props for his significant improvement in FT though

RRR3
04-26-2014, 02:05 AM
Dwight put up 18/12/2 on 59% in only 34 MPG this year. Noah managed 13/11/2 on 48% in 35 MPG. Gasol? 15/7/1 on 47% in 33 MPG.

In the playoffs so far?

Dwight has dominated to the tune of 28/14/3 on 54%. Gasol is putting up 15/7/0 on 42% and he's averaging 43 MPG :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

Noah is getting shit on by Nene

Rose'sACL
04-26-2014, 02:06 AM
i think he played better in game 1-2, he was kinda non factor in OT,lin and daniel was the man tonight

props for his significant improvement in FT though
he grabbed clutch rebounds in 4th and OT. 6 out of his 14 rebounds were offensive rebounds.

Mr. Jabbar
04-26-2014, 02:07 AM
another milestone in supermans career :bowdown:

HeyIt'sMe
04-26-2014, 02:09 AM
Dwight averaged 27 and 12 against the Cavs in the ECF the year the Magic went to the finals and routinely led the Magic deep into the playoffs, so only a moron would think he isn't capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs.

RRR3
04-26-2014, 02:09 AM
Dwight averaged 27 and 12 against the Cavs in the ECF the year the Magic went to the finals and routinely led the Magic deep into the playoffs, so only a kobe fan would think he isn't capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs.
yep

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:10 AM
Dwight put up 18/12/2 on 59% in only 34 MPG this year. Noah managed 13/11/2 on 48% in 35 MPG. Gasol? 15/7/1 on 47% in 33 MPG.

In the playoffs so far?

Dwight has dominated to the tune of 28/14/3 on 54%. Gasol is putting up 15/7/0 on 42% and he's averaging 43 MPG :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

Noah is getting shit on by Nene

we're talking bout da impact bra,
agree noah isnt performing well
but gasol carrying memphis to upset OKC > rocket lost to lower seed twice with HCA

he grabbed clutch rebounds in 4th and OT. 6 out of his 14 rebounds were offensive rebounds.

part of it because terry stott mistake to bench Rolo tonight, dude only playing 26 minutes and grab the same amount of offensive rebounds btw

red1
04-26-2014, 02:11 AM
Some of you laker fans treat dwight like the hot ex that got away. Now you are stuck with the ugly fat girl and just cant help the jealousy you feel towards the new guy she is seeing. Kobe is the ugly fat girl btw

HeyIt'sMe
04-26-2014, 02:12 AM
we're talking bout da impact bra,
agree noah isnt performing well
but gasol carrying memphis to upset OKC > rocket lost to lower seed twice with HCA

part of it because terry stott mistake to bench Rolo tonight, dude only playing 26 minutes and grab the same amount of offensive rebounds btw

How is Gasol carrying anything? He's scoring 15 PPG on crap percentages lmfao. Dude is almost becoming as overrted as Shitbert around here.

Mr. Jabbar
04-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Some of you laker fans treat dwight like the hot ex that got away. Now you are stuck with the ugly fat girl and just cant help the jealousy you feel towards the new guy she is seeing. Kobe is the ugly fat girl btw

beta analogy

Jameerthefear
04-26-2014, 02:16 AM
:roll: repped.
edit: will rep after 24

VIntageNOvel

da**** are you trolling in dwight howard appreciation thread :biggums:

howard case with lakers is like: imagine you bought yourself an expensive samsung galaxy S5 because of the hype, but when you used it, turned out the wifi wasnt working, the camera was shit, etc etc, after that you were going to smartphone messageboard warning anyone there "guys dont buy Samsung s5, its a fraud product, you will be disappointed, the wifi bla bla, the camera bla bla and you got "fukc you salty with samsung you apple fanboy" :coleman:

red1
beta analogy
and lemme guess #stayd12 is alpha :roll:

SCdac
04-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Dwight averaged 27 and 12 against the Cavs in the ECF the year the Magic went to the finals and routinely led the Magic deep into the playoffs, so only a moron would think he isn't capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs.

averaged 15 ppg in the finals against bynum and gasol though. wouldn't say he "carried" that orlando team full of offensive players as much as he was a part of it, in his best offensive season their team regressed and got bounced in the first round by the 44 win Hawks. Rashard Lewis was key at the time, for instance he lead the Magic over the Celtics 20 ppg in the 09 playoffs and Turkoglu lead the Magic in many ways too leading the team in assists

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:17 AM
How is Gasol carrying anything? He's scoring 15 PPG on crap percentages lmfao. Dude is almost becoming as overrted as Shitbert around here.

dont become a boxscore reader
nba fans nowadays :facepalm
show me this year grizzlies record without gasol and with gasol and his "low stat"
ill wait

red1
04-26-2014, 02:18 AM
da**** are you trolling in dwight howard appreciation thread :biggums:

howard case with lakers is like: imagine you bought yourself an expensive samsung galaxy S5 because of the hype, but when you used it, turned out the wifi wasnt working, the camera was shit, etc etc, after that you were going to smartphone messageboard warning anyone there "guys dont buy Samsung s5, its a fraud product, you will be disappointed, the wifi bla bla, the camera bla bla and you got "fukc you salty with samsung you apple fanboy" :coleman:
back surgery is a real thing. he was shit with you guys but then again so were nash pau and pringles

Real14
04-26-2014, 02:19 AM
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/neverhft/58983906/143650/143650_600.gif

SCdac
04-26-2014, 02:19 AM
props to dwight for hitting his FT's though. Probably been the best Rocket so far in the series. Feel like his D gets lost on that team though. Houston again gave up the lead in the 4th

HeyIt'sMe
04-26-2014, 02:20 AM
dont become a boxscore reader
nba fans nowadays :facepalm
show me this year grizzlies record without gasol and with gasol and his "low stat"
ill wait

You're the one who said he was "carrying" them. I didn't realize averaging 15 PPG on bad shooting constituted carrying a team these days.

16X
04-26-2014, 02:20 AM
Props to him :applause:

Best center in the league when noah and gasol injury :applause:
Says the guy who said Bynum has always been better than Dwight :facepalm You know nothing about basketball. I hope you are trolling.

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:27 AM
You're the one who said he was "carrying" them. I didn't realize averaging 15 PPG on bad shooting constituted carrying a team these days.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332804
:coleman:
thats what you call impact may mayne,
you can statpad stat, but you cant statpad win,
memphis isnt even making the playoff without him

Says the guy who said Bynum has always been better than Dwight :facepalm You know nothing about basketball. I hope you are trolling.

bynum was better than dwight, offensively miles ahead, hes a legit 7 footer and had a monster game like 10 blocks, 30 rebounds game etc

injury ruined him, and his attitude problem, of course made him inconsistent, hes lazy as **** too, yet he still was a clear cut top 2 center in the league, i dont see how saying #2 better than #1 is something outrageous, and i already stated that im biased to bynum as im a lakers fans

but looks like i live rent free in ya head :coleman:

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:33 AM
back surgery is a real thing. he was shit with you guys but then again so were nash pau and pringles
agree to disagree, his effort was what making me sick though, all the stupid smile when losing, and complaining about touch when you should just play defense and grab the ****ing rebound etc. but yeah those back injury affected him

16X
04-26-2014, 02:44 AM

bynum was better than dwight, offensively miles ahead, hes a legit 7 footer and had a monster game like 10 blocks, 30 rebounds game etc

injury ruined him, and his attitude problem, of course made him inconsistent, hes lazy as **** too, yet he still was a clear cut top 2 center in the league, i dont see how saying #2 better than #1 is something outrageous, and i already stated that im biased to bynum as im a lakers fans

That was the second time I've responded to a post of yours ever. You've lived rent free in my head for all of two minutes total. Your argument that Bynum was better is one single game out of an entire career? Ok. You got me. Bynum's career > Dwight's career.

VIntageNOvel
04-26-2014, 02:46 AM
That was the second time I've responded to a post of yours ever. You've lived rent free in my head for all of two minutes total. Your argument that Bynum was better is one single game out of an entire career? Ok. You got me. Bynum's career > Dwight's career.

agree
2 rings > 0 rings

SCdac
04-26-2014, 03:00 AM
So.....................You're saying it was all equal wight in Orlando? I mean you do realize he made a team with absolutely terrible defenders a great defense right?(SVG's system was amazing too)

And yeah Bynum and Gasol were great with ball denial in that series. Orlando didn't have the size outside of Dwight to help on the glass.

Eh Lakers were crappy defensively and the Rockets suck on defense too. It takes a team to play great defense and yes Van Gundy deserves alot of credit. No doubt Dwight is a great defender (shot blocker), but Orlando had a great offensive team with Turk, Rashard, Alston, Lee, and Pietrus all having big nights in the playoffs. Had a starting center in Gortat coming off the bench. The 09 Orlando Magic even won a playoff game without Dwight playing.

RRR3
04-26-2014, 01:03 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/12ey1CgA3uTqfK/giphy.gif

RRR3
04-26-2014, 01:06 PM

Gasol has a big impact when he gets the ball because he's such a great passer, but he's hardly carrying the Grizzlies in this series. It's been a team effort, and Tony Allen's defense on KD has been a big part of their success IMO.

BlkMambaGOAT
04-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Yes, but does he have a ring?