PDA

View Full Version : If I were Chris Paul, I'd do this right now.

3LiftHeatCurse
04-26-2014, 05:55 PM
If I were Chris Paul, I'd do this, in secret :

Get a hold of every player's jersey on the team, and tell them I am going to place a new patch on it, to wear during the next game. Tell the team I will pay any fines the NBA gives us for wearing this patch.

On the top right hand of the jersey, I will place the word "RISE"

And then we play the game like normal.

When asked about it, our team will respond :

"We are here to win a championship, and we won't let any distractions take us away from that goal. But, we still wanted to send a message. We all, Clippers players to everyone watching, must RISE above racism and bigotry. No matter what walk of life you come from, from us Clippers players, to school teachers, to policemen, all of us, we cannot allow hatred to stop us from being positive and living our lives. We will not let hatred bring us down. We will focus on the right things. We will rise."

After the game, if the NBA fines us for wearing unauthorized patches on our jerseys, they will make martyrs out of us. Even better.

There's some leadership for ya.

ABfor3
04-26-2014, 05:57 PM

Get a hold of every player's jersey on the team, and tell them I am going to place a new patch on it, to wear during the next game. Tell the team I will pay any fines the NBA gives us for wearing this patch.

On the top right hand of the jersey, I will place the words "RISE"

"We are here to win a championship, and we won't let any distractions take us away from that goal. But, we still wanted to send a message. We all, Clippers players to everyone watching, must RISE above racism and bigotry. No matter what walk of life you come from, from us Clippers players, to school teachers, to policemen, nobody, must allow hatred to stop us from being positive and living our lives. We will not let hatred bring us down. We will focus on the right things. We will rise."
We will rise:bowdown:

AnaheimLakers24
lol you gay and corny

Batz
Man this forum I swear can't get any worse.

3LiftHeatCurse
lol you gay and corny

#RISEaboveYourHate

ZenMaster
04-26-2014, 05:58 PM
How can they "rise above it" when they're putting money in his pocket while taking a cut for themselves?

AnaheimLakers24
04-26-2014, 05:59 PM
#RISEaboveYourHate
:lebroncry:

Akrazotile
04-26-2014, 05:59 PM

On the top right hand of the jersey, I will place the words "RISE"

"We are here to win a championship, and we won't let any distractions take us away from that goal. But, we still wanted to send a message. We all, Clippers players to everyone watching, must RISE above racism and bigotry. No matter what walk of life you come from, from us Clippers players, to school teachers, to policemen, nobody, must allow hatred to stop us from being positive and living our lives. We will not let hatred bring us down. We will focus on the right things. We will rise."

After the game, if the NBA fines us for wearing unauthorized patches on our jerseys, they will make martyrs out of us. Even better.

Corny AF bruh

3LiftHeatCurse
04-26-2014, 06:00 PM
How can they "rise above it" when they're putting money in his pocket while taking a cut for themselves?

It's about not letting hate affect you and bring you down. We aren't going to be hateful in return, we aren't going to let you change how we act.

qrich
04-26-2014, 06:00 PM

Everyone is putting money in the pockets of every owner by supporting the product as a whole :wtf:

ABfor3
04-26-2014, 06:01 PM
OP must be high af right now

KobesFinger
04-26-2014, 06:02 PM
OP are you black or latino?

3LiftHeatCurse
Corny AF bruh

Who knows what you think of MLK having dreams

TheMarkMadsen
Cena is that you?

And mr "I ain't playing for no whitey" Chris Paul can keep his mouth shut on this issue for all I care

LoneyROY7
04-26-2014, 06:03 PM
:applause:

#wewillRISE

3LiftHeatCurse
04-26-2014, 06:03 PM
OP are you black or latino?

yes

ZenMaster
04-26-2014, 06:07 PM
It's about not letting hate affect you and bring you down. We aren't going to be hateful in return, we aren't going to let you change how we act.

So basically do nothing except "let you know that we know you are racist".
"We're gonna rise above it by doing the same thing we did yesterday".

Means nothing.

Everyone is putting money in the pockets of every owner by supporting the product as a whole

I'm not the one talking about "rising above" the owners, I'm also not the one taking a cut working in the situation while letting it seep through the press that
"we're going to win a championship for ourselves". Like it some sort of achievemt NOT doing something for the greater good because of personal greed.

Done_And_Done
04-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Man this forum I swear can't get any worse.

I lol'd

Brokenbeat
04-26-2014, 06:17 PM
OP got me all emotional and shit

Bosnian Sajo
04-26-2014, 06:24 PM
CORNY AF! Oh my lawwwwwwwddddddddddddddddddddd.

We got to RISE above racism and bigotry, like Jason Collins RISES when posting up.

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 06:28 PM
OP thinks this is a Disney movie GTFO.

Clippers players and coaches should comment on the issue. Bring up the fact that players and coaches are fined for what they say on and off the court and that ownership should be held to the same standard. Put pressure on the league to react.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2014, 06:30 PM
yes

:roll: The Earnie Johnson routine

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 06:39 PM
would be the ultimate act of cornyness from paul.
since hes a racist himself:coleman:

dr.hee
04-26-2014, 06:43 PM

On the top right hand of the jersey, I will place the word "RISE"

"We are here to win a championship, and we won't let any distractions take us away from that goal. But, we still wanted to send a message. We all, Clippers players to everyone watching, must RISE above racism and bigotry. No matter what walk of life you come from, from us Clippers players, to school teachers, to policemen, all of us, we cannot allow hatred to stop us from being positive and living our lives. We will not let hatred bring us down. We will focus on the right things. We will rise."

http://i.imgur.com/1ZHOU6J.gif

3LiftHeatCurse
04-26-2014, 08:58 PM
:roll: The Earnie Johnson routine

I don't get it. You think I am white?

dubeta
04-26-2014, 09:28 PM
I propose the entire Clippers team tie up Sterling and m*sterbate all over him until he drowns in semen

Quizno
04-26-2014, 09:29 PM
so corny it hurts me

Akrazotile
04-26-2014, 09:35 PM
In the spare of the moment I looked to your eyes for the easy comfort that I'd looked for seeing the slow moving waves swaying but a rapid uncontrollable tide set ablaze only seeing me in the reflection knowing I was the cause.

In the spare of the moment I knew that what I thought was freedom was but a sentence to life in your tormenting prison.

In the spare of the moment I knew that the illusion that I thought was love was but a trick of evil deception locking me away in the depths of your heart.
In the spare of the moment I knew I had given it to you, I knew that I had given you the satisfaction to control my life. I left for you, after these words you con me into saying and you stole it away before I knew what I had done and when I realized it I thought I could break it but I couldn't because that was part of it to give you more power.

In the spare of the moment I thought I had broken your spell that you so simply called love not knowing its lingering affects. Not knowing I had sealed more a long hand delivered what you wanted straight to control, you wanted me to say it then scare me into denial thus leaving me to run trapping myself. In the spare of the moment my life was over, I was at your disposal, I died there in an instance.

In the spare of that very moment you used your "love” to leave me with but guilt and despair and I figured I couldn’t help it as this power was too great for my soul to contain so you harness it to your own power. I gave you the reins to my heart for you to whip me for the rest of my life and yet every lash left a tiny but indefinite painful scar for me to live with and show. You had everything you could possibly want and I gave it to you. In the spare of the moment.

...........In the spare of that very moment you won.

....In that moment I died

... In that moment love changed all and transformed to power.....

In that moment love chained me down.

Love can shift the tables..............*whispers and fades* in the spare of.....a moment.