SpecialQue
04-26-2014, 06:36 PM
He was talking about D'Antoni.

:roll:

:cheers:

MMM
04-26-2014, 06:37 PM
When Kobe was a FA
how serious was he about going to LAC???

Pretty sure most people knew what Sterling was even back then.

Bosnian Sajo
04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Dat ether :bowdown::eek::bowdown::eek::bowdown:

KobesFinger
04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
What's funny is that apparently Kobe had a good work out for the Clippers before he was drafted. He met with the team and they said although it was the best workout they'd seen, they wouldn't draft him because they were trying to turn the franchise around and Los Angeles wouldn't take them seriously if they drafted a 17 year old to do that

TheMarkMadsen
04-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Kobe da hero has been slaying the evil, corrupt Sterling and his cronies he calls the "clippers" for basically 17 years now :bowdown:

The Black Mamba staring in Kill Sterling parts 1,2,3,4,5.

fpliii
04-26-2014, 06:40 PM
:applause:

Looks like this is really getting traction, looking forward to Silver laying down the law tonight.

navy
04-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Kobe's lying though. He knows damn well if he was in Chris Paul's place he would play the game tomorrow.

ihoopallday

:lol :lol

bigkingsfan
He can't even play for his own team.

moe94
04-26-2014, 06:42 PM

SpecialQue
04-26-2014, 06:42 PM

:coleman:

LONGTIME
04-26-2014, 06:43 PM

:lebronamazed:

ihoopallday
04-26-2014, 06:43 PM

Looks like this is really getting traction, looking forward to Silver laying down the law tonight.

But how does Silver punish Sterling if he actually works for the owners? I'm guessing the other owners would need to have some type of input.

Foster5k
04-26-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree with Kobe. By his own actions, Sterling has basically opened Pandora's box. Now, players have a legit excuse for not wanting to play for the Clippers.

Can anyone blame them? No.

How can one play for a team, where the owner is racist towards one's race. How can one sincerely want to see one's team succeed knowing that one is only helping a racist bigot sell more tickets, merchandise, etc.

I will applaud any player that comes out and says that he doesn't want to play for the Clippers because of the actions of Sterling.

The NBA has to do something about this situation. This cannot be tolerated and will not be tolerated.

Racism only breeds hate, chaos, war, and ultimately death.

Any prosperous organization, society, business, etc knows that racism and racist ideologies cannot be allowed or tolerated.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2014, 06:44 PM

Gotta laugh at idiots who thought it'd "die over".. Donald is finished :oldlol:

fpliii
04-26-2014, 06:45 PM
But how does Silver punish Sterling if he actually works for the owners? I'm guessing the other owners would need to have some type of input.
Realistically, I don't know if he can do all that much. Maybe fine him a hefty sum and distance the league from Sterling + his remarks.

I guess the other owners would need to vote him out? Not sure what the procedure for this is.

gts
04-26-2014, 06:45 PM

It won't happen that fast... think weeks not hours/days

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Gotta laugh at idiots who thought it'd "die over".. Sterling is finished :oldlol:

Realistically would could the NBA do though? Fine him? They can't force him to sell so what really could hurt him?

r0drig0lac
04-26-2014, 06:46 PM
:applause: :bowdown:

SpecialQue
04-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Realistically would could the NBA do though? Fine him? They can't force him to sell so what really could hurt him?

Did the MLB force out Marge Schott when her racism came out?

fpliii
04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
It won't happen that fast... think weeks not hours/days
Oh obviously nothing will be done tonight, but I believe someone in the other thread said there's a press conference scheduled.

The owners would probably have to meet after the playoffs (don't know if they'd schedule an emergency meeting earlier), but a massive fine tonight wouldn't surprise me (as well as perhaps a ban from games and the team facilities until the issue is resolved).

Marlo_Stanfield
04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
kobe is a joke tbh

gts
04-26-2014, 06:53 PM

they can fine him, they can suspend him, ban him from being near the team, those are things in their bylaws the owners have all agreed to...

forcing him to sell would be hard/costly but not impossible. Sterling is a litigator though so he'll push back.. expect to hear the words "In the interest of the NBA/game" to be used

MavsSuperFan
04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Realistically, I don't know if he can do all that much. Maybe fine him a hefty sum and distance the league from Sterling + his remarks.

I guess the other owners would need to vote him out? Not sure what the procedure for this is.
I doubt even the other owners can do that.
If your neighbors hate you can they vote you out? The clippers are an asset he owns.

It's up to the fans to boycott his games

I think the nba will fine him 250k and scold him and force him to apologize.

gts
04-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh obviously nothing will be done tonight, but I believe someone in the other thread said there's a press conference scheduled.

The owners would probably have to meet after the playoffs (don't know if they'd schedule an emergency meeting earlier), but a massive fine tonight wouldn't surprise me (as well as perhaps a ban from games and the team facilities until the issue is resolved).

They might have an emergency meeting if they could get everyone together but I'd imagine there was some conference calls today already...

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
they can fine him, they can suspend him, ban him from being near the team, those are things in their bylaws the owners have all agreed to...

forcing him to sell would be hard/costly but not impossible. Sterling is a litigator though so he'll push back.. expect to hear the words "In the interest of the NBA/game" to be used

I think fine and ban from games is realistic. I would like to see the league take away a draft pick or two.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2014, 06:57 PM

Suspend/fine him for a large sum of money. No free agents wanting to play in LA (for the Clippers) would be punishment enough..

fpliii
04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
If your neighbors hate you can they vote you out? The clippers are an asset he owns.

It's a bit different. The Clippers are a franchise he owns. It's still an NBA/league product.

They might have an emergency meeting if they could get everyone together but I'd imagine there was some conference calls today already...
True.

fpliii
04-26-2014, 06:59 PM
I think fine and ban from games is realistic. I would like to see the league take away a draft pick or two.

Suspend/fine him for a large sum of money. No free agents wanting to play in LA (for the Clippers) would be punishment enough..
I don't think you can hand out any basketball sanctions for this.

ihoopallday
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM

See, that's what I'm assuming too. This is a pretty weird scenario. Just don't expect owners to be so stupid.

alenleomessi
04-26-2014, 07:02 PM
i expected something along the lines 'any of donald's granddaughters a blonde?'

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 07:02 PM

If players and coaches can get fined for their off court comments why can't owners be held to the same accountability. Could you imagine how hard the NBA would have come down if Sterling was talking about Jews or homosexuals?

fpliii
04-26-2014, 07:04 PM
If players and coaches can get fined for their off court comments why can't owners be held to the same accountability. Could you imagine how hard the NBA would have come down if Sterling was talking about Jews or homosexuals?
Oh no, I agree 100% about the fine (I'm expecting something like 500k, maybe even 1M). Just not the draft picks.

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Oh no, I agree 100% about the fine (I'm expecting something like 500k, maybe even 1M). Just not the draft picks.

They should lose a draft pick to send a message. Considering that Sterling has a history of racist remarks and actions especially when dealing with his own employees and players. Looks like Stern was protecting him for so long, but now it's time to send a message.

fpliii
04-26-2014, 07:09 PM
They should lose a draft pick to send a message. Considering that Sterling has a history of racist remarks and actions especially when dealing with his own employees and players. Looks like Stern was protecting him for so long, but now it's time to send a message.
Completely disagree with anything that would affect the on-the-court product. Fine him a ton, hold a vote to see if the other owners want him removed, and maybe even bar him from going to games/team facilities for the rest of this year, next season, and possibly beyond. But Silver shouldn't mix up basketball with his nonsense IMO.

ZenMaster
04-26-2014, 07:11 PM

Actually it's up to the players, all they have to say is they don't want to play for the man, not sign contracts and boom he has no team.

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Completely disagree with anything that would affect the on-the-court product. Fine him a ton, hold a vote to see if the other owners want him removed, and maybe even bar him from going to games/team facilities for the rest of this year, next season, and possibly beyond. But Silver shouldn't mix up basketball with his nonsense IMO.

I'd agree if this one just a one time thing, but Sterling has a well documented history. Fining a billionaire 500K wouldn't hold any weight. Losing a draft pick hurts his team, but it also sends the message that HE's hurting his team with his antics. Anything short of forcing him to sell the team doesn't hurt him.

fpliii
04-26-2014, 07:18 PM
I'd agree if this one just a one time thing, but Sterling has a well documented history. Fining a billionaire 500K wouldn't hold any weight. Losing a draft pick hurts his team, but it also sends the message that HE's hurting his team with his antics. Anything short of forcing him to sell the team doesn't hurt him.
Still disagree about the draft pick, I think it sets a dangerous precedent. If they can force him to sell, would be ideal.

Smoke117
04-26-2014, 07:19 PM

I fail to see how you can be suspended or fined for something you said in a private conversation.

RoseCity07
04-26-2014, 07:20 PM
EqualityBe:applause:

Akrazotile
04-26-2014, 07:21 PM

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2014, 07:24 PM
I fail to see how you can be suspended or fined for something you said in a private conversation.

Huh? Players get fined for off the court conduct (comments) all the time.. I've seen it time and time again in soccer.

Sterling's "private conversation" isn't "private" anymore..

Akrazotile
04-26-2014, 07:24 PM
I agree with Kobe. By his own actions, Sterling has basically opened Pandora's box. Now, players have a legit excuse for not wanting to play for the Clippers.

Can anyone blame them? No.

How can one play for a team, where the owner is racist towards one's race. How can one sincerely want to see one's team succeed knowing that one is only helping a racist bigot sell more tickets, merchandise, etc.

I will applaud any player that comes out and says that he doesn't want to play for the Clippers because of the actions of Sterling.

The NBA has to do something about this situation. This cannot be tolerated and will not be tolerated.

Racism only breeds hate, chaos, war, and ultimately death.

Any prosperous organization, society, business, etc knows that racism and racist ideologies cannot be allowed or tolerated.

Do you know how many blacks in America work for companies owned by a guy who probably has prejudices?

Should they all quit? Or is this more about silencing the free speech of others if you dont agree with it?

MavsSuperFan
04-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Actually it's up to the players, all they have to say is they don't want to play for the man, not sign contracts and boom he has no team.
Would be impressed with seeing future players boycott the clips.

Feel bad for current players but they should've known what a racist sterling is.

HomieWeMajor
04-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Kobe putting pressure on Clipper players to go on strike.
Mr "How can Statefarm assist you massa" needs to put some actions behind his words

SAKOTXA
04-26-2014, 07:32 PM
It would be amazing if the whole Clippers team boycotts and forfeits game 4. Wonder if that would be legal, I doubt it though.

longtime lurker
04-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Would be impressed with seeing future players boycott the clips.

Feel bad for current players but they should've known what a racist sterling is.

Both teams boycotting the game today would send an incredible message.

JohnStarks
04-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Kobe better watch himself, his wife seems like the kind of slug that would rat on him . I see kobe as a guy that has an teen an@l fetish.

IamRAMBO24
04-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Why is everybody so butt hurt over this? He's only saying something that everyone of those owners including Silver and Stern are already thinking in the back of their mind. I'm willing to bet the only owner that actually likes the players on a personal level is prob Mark Cuban. It's all a business to them. Even for Chris Paul it's about the money, so I doubt any player in the NBA would turn down making millions just because the owner happens to be racist.

When you're talking about money, people will do some crazy sh*t for it.

senelcoolidge
04-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Kobe is the biggest mother****ing hypocrite..LOL. This is the same guy that was quoted that he was interested in playing for the Clippers. :lol