:biggums:

may have just legitimized his career for once

go mavs

inclinerator
04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
vince always hit buzzer beaters

JimmyMcAdocious
04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
You don't ever remember Vince hitting a game winner before?

Mr. Jabbar
04-26-2014, 07:23 PM
i got kobe flashbacks and a boner

rknine15
Vince is one of the clutches players in the l

MMM
Funny thing about vintage VC is I remember Chuck using this phrase as early as his 4th or 5th season. Also I'm not sure if people are aware but I'm pretty sure VC is 2nd only to Ray in game winning 3s.

gyu
04-26-2014, 07:24 PM
One of the clutchest players ever. 10 minutes of clutch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4TZEw20uQM

HoopsFanNumero1
04-26-2014, 07:24 PM
You haven't been watching him too long if you've never seen him do that. On related not, that shot resembled the one he took in the game 7 of the '01 series for the win.

Young X
04-26-2014, 07:25 PM
:bowdown:

If only he would've made that same shot against the Sixers in game 7 in 2001. Oh well.

kennethgriffin
shoulda said "big playoff moments"

i dont remember him doing that before when it mattered this much

he just went from boarderline HOF to probable HOF with one legitimate shot

imdaman99
Vince has hit plenty of cluch shots in his career, but I think he has that Rudy Gay effect. Teams get worse once they get him, not so much as the team he leaves gets better though.

k0kakw0rld
04-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Throwback Vince :applause: fvck you tho! on my team :oldlol: Great Shot but Spurs in 6 :pimp:

Top 10 Vince Carter Game Winners (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sQxpGhMTE)

smoovegittar
04-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Man, you could see that happening.....and it did. Just an awesome end to a great game. VC is first ballot, no doubt. :applause: :bowdown:

Noob Saibot
04-26-2014, 08:25 PM
sick play by an even sicker player. :bowdown:

Rake2204
04-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Kind of bummed I missed this one today. Vince Carter's one of my all-time faves. I was just talking about the "vintage Vince Carter" line last game though. Anytime he's dunked or done something impressive since the year 2010 or so, there's been a 78% chance an announcer either says "vintage Carter!", "throwback!" or some variant. It's made me think about at what point does "vintage" become "still doing it".

Regarding his coming up big in the playoffs, my biased excuse is that he hasn't played on a ton of high profile teams in his career, thus not really experiencing a lot of deep runs or noticeable clutch plays. For instance, regarding only the playoffs, I recall this buzzer beater against the Heat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3H_iOcF-0. But it was kind of overlooked because they ended up falling short in OT. And I suppose people still remember his big-time battle against Philly back in '01 (matching AI's 50 point game with one of his own, hitting eight consecutive triples without a miss).

Also, enjoyed his clutch finish in this playoff contest too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR7k1rMU3bU

JohnFreeman
04-26-2014, 08:45 PM
You obviously never watched VC with Toronto or the Nets. Dude is clutch af

Draz
04-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Happy for him. Great shot

Reggie43
04-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Aside from this shot, did vince ever had a gamewinner in the playoffs?

Rake2204
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Aside from this shot, did vince ever had a gamewinner in the playoffs?I cannot recall any playoff game-winners offhand. He had a few game-tying shots that I posted on the previous page, but then I also can't remember a ton of times his team was in a situation where a last second come-from-behind gamewinner was needed (aside from the Philly shot in '01). I'll have to take a closer look.

Nets fan 93
04-26-2014, 09:53 PM
i dont remember vince ever doing that before

:biggums:

may have just legitimized his career for once

go mavs
VC has been doing this his whole career.

stephanieg
04-26-2014, 09:56 PM
I dunno...if it was vintage Vince it would've been a pull up 35 footer.

Nets fan 93
04-26-2014, 09:59 PM
I dunno...if it was vintage Vince it would've been a pull up 35 footer.
Probably woulda made it too.

http://youtu.be/PRiwChwv3QU

Reggie43
04-26-2014, 10:13 PM
I cannot recall any playoff game-winners offhand. He had a few game-tying shots that I posted on the previous page, but then I also can't remember a ton of times his team was in a situation where a last second come-from-behind gamewinner was needed (aside from the Philly shot in '01). I'll have to take a closer look.

Tried searching for it by looking at the play by play and boxscores and never found a single gamewinner aside from the one that he hit today. To be fair he wasnt involved in that many close games in his playoff career but in the few times he was in a tight game they lost most of the time.

Lebron23
04-26-2014, 10:14 PM
carter is a future hall of famer. Mitch Richmond made it into the HOF, and Team Carter had a better team success than him.

Rake2204
04-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Tried searching for it by looking at the play by play and boxscores and never found a single gamewinner aside from the one that he hit today. To be fair he wasnt involved in that many close games in his playoff career but in the few times he was in a tight game they lost most of the time.Yeah I gave it a reallly quick glance before getting sidetracked. I looked in... I think '06 and '07. He had that game-tying buzzer beater in '06 against Miami (before losing in OT) and he had a game-tying dunk against Indiana (though not at the buzzer). And in '07, of the few close finishes, I saw that Richard Jefferson scored a go-ahead basket with 8 seconds left then the Raptors missed a last second shot.

Like you said, there didn't seem to be a ton of opportunities, his teams seemed pretty good at either winning by a good amount or losing by a lot.

Edit: And here's one more really quick. In game 5 against Toronto, hit a three to pull New Jersey within 1 with 20 seconds left. Then, on final play, drew 2-4 defenders, kicked to wide open Bostjan Nachbar, who missed the uncontested game-winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8MWmJm5Yc8. Biased fan here says it was the right play.

Then the rest of that year, the only other close one was an 87-85 loss to Cleveland in game 4, but I can't find the highlights for that one. Double edit: Eek, bummer. Play-by-play says he lost the ball on the final possession. Chalk up an L for clutch Carter in that game.

Reggie43
04-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Yeah I gave it a reallly quick glance before getting sidetracked. I looked in... I think '06 and '07. He had that game-tying buzzer beater in '06 against Miami (before losing in OT) and he had a game-tying dunk against Indiana (though not at the buzzer). And in '07, of the few close finishes, I saw that Richard Jefferson scored a go-ahead basket with 8 seconds left then the Raptors missed a last second shot.

Like you said, there didn't seem to be a ton of opportunities, his teams seemed pretty good at either winning by a good amount or losing by a lot.

Edit: And here's one more really quick. In game 5 against Toronto, hit a three to pull New Jersey within 1 with 20 seconds left. Then, on final play, drew 2-4 defenders, kicked to wide open Bostjan Nachbar, who missed the uncontested game-winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8MWmJm5Yc8. Biased fan here says it was the right play.

Then the rest of that year, the only other close one was an 87-85 loss to Cleveland in game 4, but I can't find the highlights for that one. Double edit: Eek, bummer. Play-by-play says he lost the ball on the final possession. Chalk up an L for clutch Carter in that game.

Yeah they were even instances when he makes a string of clutch shots/plays but lost in the end because of either a teammate missing a clutch shot, turning it over or the other team making the game winning play