04-27-2014, 12:13 AM
That was a fast 5 points.

IncarceratedBob
04-27-2014, 12:14 AM
they don't call him mr april for nothin

Combat Wombat
04-27-2014, 12:19 AM
That was a fast 5 points.

And Ray Allen saved Lebrons career in Game 6. Just as Pau Gasol and Ron Artest helped save Kobe's legacy in Game 7 .

It happens to the best.

L8krH8tr
04-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Bump for truth

Im so nba'd out
04-27-2014, 12:37 AM
steve kerr saved jordan's career
robert horry saved shaq's career

Beastmode88
04-27-2014, 12:38 AM

:applause:

Mr.Kite
04-27-2014, 12:38 AM

No one saved allen iverson's career

IncarceratedBob
04-27-2014, 12:39 AM
Didn't have one to be saved

bigkingsfan
04-27-2014, 12:40 AM
That's because he never pass the ball.

Beastmode88
04-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Didn't have one to be saved

:cry:

rzp
04-27-2014, 12:41 AM

nah... Reggie Jackson CARRIED the team, with fkin 35 points... way different.

Im so nba'd out
04-27-2014, 12:41 AM
ouch
http://i.minus.com/ib24o7YiKXlVBq.gif

mr.big35
04-27-2014, 12:42 AM
ray allen is the biggest legacy saver

TheMan
This is right up there in dumbest shit ever said in ISH :facepalm

LONGTIME
Reggie Jackson has HUGE clutch genes. :bowdown:

Beastmode88
04-27-2014, 12:43 AM
ray allen is the biggest legacy saver

Got em.

Natureland
04-27-2014, 12:43 AM
He can look off and ignore KD for the rest of his career for all I care. :bowdown:

Draz
04-27-2014, 12:44 AM
He honestly did. Historically he did.

BigBoss
04-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Not EVEN close to what Ray Allen did for Lebron James career.

Still first round. KD's still not in his prime.

TaLvsCuaL
04-27-2014, 12:45 AM
Props to him, Kid was the hero and deserves it.

Keno
04-27-2014, 12:45 AM
32 points off the bench lmao. unbelievable amount of saves.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-27-2014, 12:46 AM
biggest bailout in the history of sports.
never seen a teams best players choke as hard as westbrook and durant today. 12-45 with 12 turnovers :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
got their shit saved by a little clown ass nikka thats for sure

HoopsFanNumero1
Those other guys were just responsible for one shot. Reggie was literally running the entire offense during the 4th and OT. Single handedly brought them back from 5 down. The comparisons to Kerr, Allen, and Horry are ridiculous.

mr.big35
never seen a teams best players choke as hard as westbrook and durant today. 12-45 with 12 turnovers :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

ray allen game 6 three

AintNoSunshine
Jackson with more points than Servant and Westbrook combined:facepalm KD and WB got something in their thoats

BasedTom
04-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Ray Allen made one clutch shot for Lebron.

Reggie Jackson played an entire game for KD+GOATbrook.

FLDFSU
04-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Not EVEN close to what Ray Allen did for Lebron James career.

Still first round. KD's still not in his prime.

:roll: :roll:

Ray Allen hit a three and then proceeded not to score another point for the rest of the series.

Lebron brought the Heat back in the 4th and then followed it up with 35+ points in game 7.

Jackson just scored 35 points in a critical game 4 while Durant shot 5-21

:roll:

zoom17
04-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Ray Allen made one clutch shot for Lebron.

Reggie Jackson played an entire game for KD+GOATbrook.

This x100

LONGTIME
04-27-2014, 12:50 AM

Miami was going to draft that little clown ass nikka you dumb****.

sammichoffate
04-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Props to him, Kid was the hero and deserves it.You were right, it was too soon :(

FLDFSU
04-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Those other guys were just responsible for one shot. Reggie was literally running the entire offense during the 4th and OT. Single handedly brought them back from 5 down. The comparisons to Kerr, Allen, and Horry are ridiculous.

:applause:

FLDFSU
04-27-2014, 12:52 AM
You were right, it was too soon :(

As a Memphis fan, are you as tired as I am at seeing Conley miss critical free throws?

Im so nba'd out
04-27-2014, 12:59 AM
i was mocking op i wasnt being serious :facepalm

pauk
04-27-2014, 01:01 AM
And Ray Allen saved Lebrons career in Game 6. Just as Pau Gasol and Ron Artest helped save Kobe's legacy in Game 7 .

It happens to the best.

This was no Steve Kerr or Robert Horry or Ray Allen or Ron Artest thing.... NOT EVEN CLOSE.......... where a role player hits a random shot, maybe somewhat lucky one, catch n shoot probably, maybe of a random rebound etc and maybe his only shot of the game and maybe even got assisted by the best player etc.... not even close.... Reggie controlled the game for OKC/KD/RW, he CREATED the best overall entire game for OKC, he was the most productive & impactful player... he was lifting KD & RW on his back as they couldnt hit a shot to save their life entire night eventually just sitting there in the corner watching/praying for Reggie to CREATE & win the game for them and he did (sounds ridicilous, sounds like i am hating, but this literally happened).. this was a LEGIT BAILOUT..........

Mr.Kite
04-27-2014, 01:03 AM
i was mocking op i wasnt being serious :facepalm

how is it a mock? you mocking yourself fool.

reggie jackson saved durant a choke job goign down 3-1....ths is some mcgrady shit going on

Xiengqichess
04-27-2014, 01:04 AM
Superstars give you contract, you have to pay back just a good game.

Beastmode88
04-27-2014, 01:08 AM
This was no Steve Kerr or Robert Horry or Ray Allen or Ron Artest thing.... NOT EVEN CLOSE.......... where a role player hits a random shot, maybe somewhat lucky one, catch n shoot probably, maybe of a random rebound etc and maybe his only shot of the game and maybe even got assisted by the best player etc.... not even close.... Reggie controlled the game for OKC/KD/RW, he CREATED the best overall entire game for OKC, he was the most productive & impactful player... he was lifting KD & RW on his back as they couldnt hit a shot to save their life entire night eventually just sitting there in the corner watching/praying for Reggie to CREATE & win the game for them and he did (sounds ridicilous, sounds like i am hating, but this literally happened).. this was a LEGIT BAILOUT..........

Wow stans going in hard.. u act like lbj didn't airball 2 3 pointers. :facepalm

Im so nba'd out
04-27-2014, 01:08 AM
rrrrrrrrrrright cause he didnt try to take over the game after shooting 5-20 like kobe he got saved.........:rolleyes:

dunksby
04-27-2014, 01:21 AM
LeBron stans so mad :roll:

played0ut
04-27-2014, 02:09 AM

i agree that every superstar needs help. but keep in mind jordan told kerr before the play that he was going to pass it to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BlOTeoZVE

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:15 AM
http://i.minus.com/i4RIO34sRtsZr.gif

Angel Face
04-27-2014, 02:16 AM

:facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BlOTeoZVE

It was a set up play, all planned. It's not the same as Ray Allen's bail out shot during game 6 of 2013 Finals and Horry's bail out shot against Kings.

russwest0
Reggie Jackson on his Ray Allen shit :applause:

moe94

You made this? You mastered this shit. :applause:

JohnFreeman
Durant was straight up terrible.

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:18 AM
:cheers: that one was ****ing fiddly. All the head bopping.

russwest0
04-27-2014, 02:18 AM

What software yall using to do this?

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:19 AM
What software yall using to do this?
Photoshop CS6. Moe does too.

russwest0
04-27-2014, 02:20 AM

An extension for photshop to make gifs?

Angel Face

How to make it move in CS6? Did you edit it frame by frame?

NZStreetBaller
Dont you just love how average players come out huge in playoffs sometimes
Ray Allen
Reggie Jackson
Steve Kerr
Nate Robinson
Boris Diaw
LMA
im sure theres more ........

BlazerRed
An extension for photshop to make gifs?
Negative. Just taking GIFs off the net and cutting the heads then adding the JPEGs frame-by-frame.

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:21 AM
How to make it move in cs6? Did you edited it frame by frame?
Edit it frame by frame.

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Ray Allen
Reggie Jackson
Steve Kerr
Nate Robinson
Boris Diaw
LMA

:biggums: :wtf:

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Ray Allen
Reggie Jackson
Steve Kerr
Nate Robinson
Boris Diaw
LMA

You're a ****ing idiot.

moe94
04-27-2014, 02:23 AM
How to make it move in CS6? Did you edit it frame by frame?

The latter. Yes, it's as time consuming as you think it is. :oldlol:

russwest0
04-27-2014, 02:25 AM
How do you combine each frame into a gif?

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:26 AM
How do you combine each frame into a gif?
Huh? It's already a GIF from the net, you're just importing it to CS6 and it shows it frame-by-frame then it's just a matter of cutting heads and pasting them in the right spot on each frame. That one above took me like 20 minutes. Pain in the ass. That's mainly because his head was moving so much though.

NZStreetBaller
04-27-2014, 02:29 AM
Ray Allen isnt that big any more....... besides that major clutch 3 in last years finals I havent seen him do any spectacular or anything anywhere near All Star status.

And LMA hasnt really been considered above average player untill this season. and this playoffs he's amped up above his average

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:30 AM
The **** is up with your avy bro? :lol

Angel Face
04-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Huh? It's already a GIF from the net, you're just importing it to CS6 and it shows it frame-by-frame then it's just a matter of cutting heads and pasting them in the right spot on each frame. That one above took me like 20 minutes. Pain in the ass. That's mainly because his head was moving so much though.

I think I'm slowly getting the technique on how to do it. I opened a gif file and it has 40+ frames. Time consuming indeed. Do I need to flatten image after tampering all layers or just straight save it as gif?

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I think I'm slowly getting the technique on how to do it. I opened a gif file and it has 40+ frames. Time consuming indeed. Do I need to flatten image after tampering all layers or just straight save it as gif?
"Save for Web"

Change the top right to GIF

"Save"

Angel Face
04-27-2014, 02:33 AM
"Save for Web"

Change the top right to GIF

"Save"

Got it!

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:34 AM
If it's a really long GIF you can go "Import", "Video Frames to Layers" and selected "every 2 frames". GIF won't be quite as smooth then though.

russwest0
04-27-2014, 02:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wu7GS3t.jpg

moe94
04-27-2014, 02:51 AM
The **** is up with your avy bro? :lol

Young Thug

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Flap top Reggie :lol :applause:

BlazerRed
Young Thug
Wut?

moe94
dat neck doe

He's a rapper, bruh

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:54 AM
dat neck doe

He's a rapper, bruh
Oh lol, I'm not "down" with the rap scene.

moe94
04-27-2014, 02:54 AM
And for good reason. It's mostly trash. Can't blame you.

BlazerRed
04-27-2014, 02:55 AM
:lol

TaLvsCuaL
04-27-2014, 02:58 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

BlackVVaves
04-27-2014, 03:03 AM

For once, I agree with you pauk. I mother****ing agree 100%.

ImKobe
04-27-2014, 03:17 AM

:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

moe94
04-27-2014, 03:20 AM
For once, I agree with you pauk. I mother****ing agree 100%.

Durant stans can never use the Ray Allen joke ever again. Isn't it glorious?

russwest0
04-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Pauk is right, but D Wade was doing the same shit for LeBron in the 2011 Finals for all 6 games and they still lost. The Ray Allen shit is just a playful jab, we all know LeBrons career was saved when he decided to piggyback off of another Finals MVP and guy he was competiting with to be the best player in the NBA.

Durant's "shortcomings" before game 4 were overstated as ****. I proved that in another thread. His efficiency dipped some but his production really didn't so it wasn't a huge deal vs one of the toughest defenses in the league with the refs letting them get away with an assload of fouls.

I said before the game Dan Crawford hates OKC based off of every game I've seen him officiate (Joey Crawford as well), and that looked true tonight.

The fouls and free throws balanced out in the end, but at halftime, the Thunder had taken only four. Late in the fourth, the Thunder had 21 fouls to the Grizzlies’ 12. And watching the way the Grizzlies defended hands on, it was kind of hard to figure out.

Shit was crazy, Allen bumped Durant hard on one drive to the basket late and Durant went down and didn't get the call on an obvious fall.

I hope all of the people who ignored me telling them the postseason officials have never gave Durant even close to the LeBron/Wade postseason level of calls and won't this year, feel like dipshits now.

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 03:30 AM
Durant certainly got fouled on that one drive you're talking about. OKC retained possession, though. Doesn't change the fact he still gets touch fouls way more than Bron.

JohnFreeman
04-27-2014, 03:30 AM
Russwest, Durant was missing easy shots and was obviously shook. Memphis played great defense..

russwest0
04-27-2014, 03:35 AM
Russwest, Durant was missing easy shots and was obviously shook. Memphis played great defense..

Memphis does play great defense but watching them this series they are like the Seahawks of the NBA to where they play physical as hell and foul everytime down so instead of calling a foul everytime the refs have to be choosy and it typically works in the Grizzlies favor like it did tonight.

I'm not asking for foul calls cause he's Kevin Durant and a star, or any shit like that. I hate star calls with a passion. I'm just saying, for a league that banned hand checking and then the following year D Wade got 16 FTA per game in the Finals, for a league that favors offense hardcore in nearly every playoff series I watch, I have no idea why they'd just throw all of that out the window for this series.

If hand checking is still a foul then Tony Allen would foul out by the end of the first quarter. He's playing great defense, just under a different set of rules than offensive players are used to going up against in this era, putting him at a huge advantage if the officials officiate like this.

JohnFreeman
04-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Memphis does play great defense but watching them this series they are like the Seahawks of the NBA to where they play physical as hell and foul everytime down so instead of calling a foul everytime the refs have to be choosy and it typically works in the Grizzlies favor like it did tonight.

I'm not asking for foul calls cause he's Kevin Durant and a star, or any shit like that. I hate star calls with a passion. I'm just saying, for a league that banned hand checking and then the following year D Wade got 16 FTA per game in the Finals, for a league that favors offense hardcore in nearly every playoff series I watch, I have no idea why they'd just throw all of that out the window for this series.

If hand checking is still a foul then Tony Allen would foul out by the end of the first quarter. He's playing great defense, just under a different set of rules than offensive players are used to going up against.
I think you need to take your homer glasses off, and Wade isn't a jumpshooter. He is obviously going to get fouled more as a slasher..

russwest0
04-27-2014, 03:42 AM
I think you need to take your homer glasses off, and Wade isn't a jumpshooter. He is obviously going to get fouled more as a slasher..

So slashing earns you 16 FTA per game but Durant getting fouled by Allen nearly every time he drives doesn't earn him shit?

He's still getting a decent amount of calls (8 FTA per game), but the problem is the trade off is absolutely working in Memphis's favor to slow him down.

He's taking 25 shots per game and getting 8 FTA per game. In the regular season he took 20 shots per game and got 10 FTA per game. And if you have watched this Grizzlies/OKC series at all I shouldn't even have to tell you in which scenario (Regular season vs this series) he has been fouled more in.

And it's not about any troll shit like "KD can't do X without the whistle." It's a player getting fouled off ball, on ball, bumped everytime he drives, handchecked, getting fouled on his jumpers, etc, and not getting the calls because the refs don't want to call a foul everytime.

It's the postseason refs officiating a whole different game in the postseason, and this is from series to series. I watched a Nets/Raptors game where the whistle was blown on every drive for 74 total FT's and in this OKC game Durant gets ran into on defense to stop a drive and they don't call shit.

I don't know what to expect as a fan anymore and I don't know how the players are supposed to know what to expect from the officials either. Anyone who has played basketball knows you have to adjust your game to how the officials officiate, but if you don't know what to expect and go driving in, and get fouled but don't get the call and get a missed shot marked on the box score then yeah, your efficiency is gonna drop.

JohnFreeman
04-27-2014, 03:50 AM
KD isn't getting fouled though, I don't think you understand?

J Shuttlesworth
04-27-2014, 03:51 AM
This. I've seen russwest complain about refs in nearly every game, yet he wasn't complaining when OKC got favorable calls in the first 3 games. He also wasn't complaining all season when Durant was averaging 10 FTA mostly off phantom whistles.

Solefade
04-27-2014, 03:51 AM
ray allen saved lebron for one possession, reggie jackson saved this ***** for a whole game in the first round lol

Solefade
04-27-2014, 03:53 AM

it's okay doe, kanye is still in the game

russwest0
04-27-2014, 03:53 AM
KD isn't getting fouled though, I don't think you understand?

Fouled relative to what? The way officials have been officiating the league since 2006 or relative to how you think the game should be officiated? If you want to allow defenders to do what Tony Allen is doing right now then cool, so why was every single opposing wing that defended LeBron in the 2012 playoffs getting into foul trouble causing those teams to get fined for complaining about the officiating?

If they let this shit go all the time then I'd be cool with it. They don't though, at all. He was getting fouled less in the regular season and taking less shots and getting 2 more FTA per game. Yet in other playoff series' this year we see that FT totals and personal fouls are spiking relative to the regular season number suggesting that Durant should be getting even MORE calls now than he got in the regular season.

It's just confusing me as a fan and the only way I can think of to justify it is that being an elite defender is all about reputation with the refs.

russwest0
04-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Fouled relative to what? The way officials have been officiating the league since 2006 or relative to how you think the game should be officiated? If you want to allow defenders to do what Tony Allen is doing right now then cool, so why was every single opposing wing that defended LeBron in the 2012 playoffs getting into foul trouble causing those teams to get fined for complaining about the officiating?

If they let this shit go all the time then I'd be cool with it. They don't though, at all. He was getting fouled less in the regular season and taking less shots and getting 2 more FTA per game. Yet in other playoff series' this year we see that FT totals and personal fouls are spiking relative to the regular season number suggesting that Durant should be getting even MORE calls now than he got in the regular season.

It's just confusing me as a fan and the only way I can think of to justify it is that being an elite defender is all about reputation with the refs.

Niqqas dodged me after this :roll:

ihoopallday
04-27-2014, 09:45 AM

:cheers: This.

sportjames23
04-27-2014, 09:54 AM
they don't call him mr april for nothin

I see what you did there.

CelticBaller
04-27-2014, 09:57 AM
This is right up there in dumbest shit ever said in ISH :facepalm
Right, Pippen saved Jordan's career

sportjames23
04-27-2014, 10:06 AM

Almost.

If Ray misses, the Spurs win and Lebron would have been 1 for 3 in the Finals.

If Reggie doesn't go off, OKC would be down 3-1, but they still could possibly, though highly unlikely, come back and win the series.

But KD's on shaky ground now after yesterday's game. Niqqa needs to man up and lead his team to victory in this series.

Dresta
04-27-2014, 10:29 AM

It's not because they are officiating it differently, it is because Durant is physically outmatched by Tony Allen. Bron would get more FT's against him because he is a real physical presence and can compete physically, if Durant is defended with physicality he still folds because he is twig. Man has needed to hit the gym for time yet still refuses to put the work in in that area for some bizarre reason.

You bring up Wade as well, but Wade is nothing like Durant. Wade has been one of the best players at getting to the rim ever, and he is also very strong and can match more physical defenders. He also used to drive with such abandon that people were always saying his style of play was going to get him injured, which i suppose it did. They are not comparable.

BlackVVaves
04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Ray Allen
Reggie Jackson
Steve Kerr
Nate Robinson
Boris Diaw
LMA

January 14 :facepalm

Rocketswin2013
04-27-2014, 02:39 PM
LOL!

Rocketswin2013
04-27-2014, 02:42 PM
THIS.

He literally impacted the course of history. An MVP booted out of the 1st rd so fast they couldn't even present the award. HE STOPPED THAT.

LongLiveTheKing
04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
KD getting carried by Reggie Jackson holy shit :roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2014, 03:07 PM

Why are you talking to yourself?

Hakeem>Duncan
04-27-2014, 03:07 PM

how did kerr saved jordan's career :confusedshrug:

Im so nba'd out
04-27-2014, 03:09 PM
how did kerr saved jordan's career :confusedshrug:
i was mocking OP :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm any 1 understand sarcasm?

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2014, 03:09 PM
So slashing earns you 16 FTA per game but Durant getting fouled by Allen nearly every time he drives doesn't earn him shit?

He's still getting a decent amount of calls (8 FTA per game), but the problem is the trade off is absolutely working in Memphis's favor to slow him down.

He's taking 25 shots per game and getting 8 FTA per game. In the regular season he took 20 shots per game and got 10 FTA per game. And if you have watched this Grizzlies/OKC series at all I shouldn't even have to tell you in which scenario (Regular season vs this series) he has been fouled more in.

And it's not about any troll shit like "KD can't do X without the whistle." It's a player getting fouled off ball, on ball, bumped everytime he drives, handchecked, getting fouled on his jumpers, etc, and not getting the calls because the refs don't want to call a foul everytime.

It's the postseason refs officiating a whole different game in the postseason, and this is from series to series. I watched a Nets/Raptors game where the whistle was blown on every drive for 74 total FT's and in this OKC game Durant gets ran into on defense to stop a drive and they don't call shit.

I don't know what to expect as a fan anymore and I don't know how the players are supposed to know what to expect from the officials either. Anyone who has played basketball knows you have to adjust your game to how the officials officiate, but if you don't know what to expect and go driving in, and get fouled but don't get the call and get a missed shot marked on the box score then yeah, your efficiency is gonna drop.

You say you dont like superstar calls yet beg for more ft's on fantasy calls? :wtf:

dude, durant has still, this series, gotten about 2 bogus calls each game going for him... he doesnt even convert his fts.

Again, you're being 2 sided.

You say you dont like superstar calls. You say you hated what happened to Wade in 2006, yet at the same time ask KD to be officiated on that same basis...

Stop with the "relative to what" BULLSHIT. Just tell me if Durant was LEGIT fouled and nothing was called? The asnwer is no.

riseagainst
04-27-2014, 03:14 PM
lol @ lebron d1ckriders talking about "saving". Let's see: Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh, Mario Chalmers all saved Lebron time and time again.

Natureland
04-27-2014, 03:26 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/850218583.gif

Keno
04-27-2014, 03:29 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/850218583.gif

lmao this niqqa hugging reggie like a new born child.

BigTicket
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Kevin Durant is 25, and they haven't won the series yet, so this thread is nothing but ridiculous hyperbole.

Durant sucked for one game and got bailed out by a teammate, everyone has games like that sometimes, that's why its a team sport.

Cold soul
04-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Kevin Durant is 25, and they haven't won the series yet, so this thread is nothing but ridiculous hyperbole.

Durant sucked for one game and got bailed out by a teammate, everyone has games like that sometimes, that's why its a team sport.

It's not just one game though it's the entire series. We have bigger sample size than just one game.

Keno
04-27-2014, 03:36 PM

one game? outside of game 1 he's been beyond pathetic. stop looking at the box score and watch the games.

BlackVVaves
04-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Though I think Reggie's performance over the scope of an entire game differs from a possession to possession basis of other past role players....

I think we are overstating the impact of a first round lost to KD's young career. Or rather, the lot of you hyper-sensitive Bron stans are over-sensationalizing it for personal lols.

Don't get me wrong, it would be embarrassing and place a cloud over KD's MVP this year for a few years, as I'm sure Dirk experienced the years immediately proceeding 2007. But, you guys are presenting that hypothetical in a way that insinuates KD would hereby by excluded from the Top 10 All Time list due to this early exit.

This is where context is needed, which is variable a lot of posters conveniently gloss over when serving up their agenda based opinions. The Grizzlies were in the WCF last year; they would be a 55-58 win team if Gasol doesn't get injured and misses 15-20 games. They employ one of the top defenses in the league and have for several years now, consistently.

KD being eliminated in the first round would be a travesty since its championship or bust from that Thunder squad. And, it would definitely adversely affect his young career. But, as a 25 year old, he'd have plenty of opportunities to rectify his failings. We saw Bron do it by winning his first championship, we saw Kobe do it after winning 4 and 5. Shaq had first round exits, but once he started winning chips that all evaporated in the active surface of our minds.

Just saying. Reggie's performance...KD and Russ owe that man a piece of their salary for that level of salvaging. But, y'all talking like KD will no longer be a superstar or something if be lost to a 50 win team in the first round. It's not like Dirk losing to an inferior Warriors team. It doesn't even compare. And, Dirk is largely considered Top 15-20 All Time.

Let's not get carried away...

DMAVS41
04-27-2014, 03:42 PM

Actually this isn't true.

I posted this in the other thread;

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=1986&year_max=2014&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=.24&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=lt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Only 9 other times has a game like that happened and resulted in a win...just off of attempts and fg%...if you add in turnovers (Durant had 5)...also, only 3 of the previous 9 were on the road.

Nobody other than Durant has won a playoff game shooting 24% or less, taking 20 or more shots, and turning it over 5 or more times...

Also, the magnitude of that game was huge...it was the season. Guys don't get bailed out like that all the time. It's happened like a handful of times in the last 30 years and almost never in a big game like that.

BigTicket
04-27-2014, 03:49 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=1986&year_max=2014&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=Y&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=.24&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=lt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Only 9 other times has a game like that happened and resulted in a win...just off of attempts and fg%...if you add in turnovers (Durant had 5)...also, only 3 of the previous 9 were on the road.

Nobody other than Durant has won a playoff game shooting 24% or less, taking 20 or more shots, and turning it over 5 or more times...

Also, the magnitude of that game was huge...it was the season. Guys don't get bailed out like that all the time. It's happened like a handful of times in the last 30 years and almost never in a big game like that.

Your criteria is far too specific, poor shooting is not the only way to suck in a game.

And the series is not over yet, this was game 4, not game 7.

DMAVS41
04-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Your criteria is far too specific, poor shooting is not the only way to suck in a game.

And the series is not over yet, this was game 4, not game 7.

Durant was worse in the other areas. His TS% is actually worse than his fg%...and his turnovers were higher than everyone else as well.

Who cares about the series? We are talking about one single game. And it's one of, if not the biggest, bailout games a star player has ever gotten.

The only reason the series isn't over is because of Reggie Jackson.

My point was that players may play that poorly all the time...I agree there...the difference is that they almost never win a playoff game as a result.

It's not too specific...that is what Durant did.

Also, kind of the point, there was no hidden value out of Durant last night. He wasn't even stretching the defense or causing doubles or shifting. They singled him with a sf and sg all night...so it didn't even give his teammates room to operate. And they pushed him off his spots with 1 guy and were able to contain the pick and roll as well.

He was absolutely bailed out in a way very few star players ever have been...and even less have been in a do or die game of that magnitude...

BigTicket
04-27-2014, 03:59 PM
I don't disagree that he got bailed out, I just disagree that this was unique, or that it saved his career.

Lets say they did lose, and went on to lose the series. Then what ? Durant would still be a 25 year old MVP with a very bright future.

And as it is they could go on to lose the series anyway, in which case noone will remember this game, and Reggie wouldn't have saved much of anything.

SCdac
04-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Eh, teammates help each other win games ALL THE TIME. At least KD opened up the OT period aggressively. knocked down a jumper then got to the FT line. Hardly a stain on KD's career. Get real.

DMAVS41
04-27-2014, 04:06 PM
I don't disagree that he got bailed out, I just disagree that this was unique, or that it saved his career.

Lets say they did lose, and went on to lose the series. Then what ? Durant would still be a 25 year old MVP with a very bright future.

And as it is they could go on to lose the series anyway, in which case noone will remember this game, and Reggie wouldn't have saved much of anything.

Of course it didn't save his career. It did potentially save his season though.

My only point was that it actually was super super rare for a player to play like that and win a playoff game. It just almost never happens...

I'm not one of those morons saying he's a taller "rudy gay" or something.

Dude is an all timer already...I just wanted to point out how rare it was...and how lucky that is. Because so many other guys that had a game like that and didn't win...it just makes winning a series so much harder.

Dirk, for example, had a similar game in his game 1 against the the Warriors in 07. Mavs lost by 12.

We win that game? Well, we for sure aren't down 3-1 with the series being over...so it's pretty huge for this year.

But for his career? Hell no...just a footnote

BlackVVaves
04-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Of course it didn't save his career. It did potentially save his season though.

My only point was that it actually was super super rare for a player to play like that and win a playoff game. It just almost never happens...

I'm not one of those morons saying he's a taller "rudy gay" or something.

Dude is an all timer already...I just wanted to point out how rare it was...and how lucky that is. Because so many other guys that had a game like that and didn't win...it just makes winning a series so much harder.

Dirk, for example, had a similar game in his game 1 against the the Warriors in 07. Mavs lost by 12.

We win that game? Well, we for sure aren't down 3-1 with the series being over...so it's pretty huge for this year.

But for his career? Hell no...just a footnote

There are actually imbeciles saying KD is a taller Rudy Gay????:biggums:

Bandito
04-27-2014, 04:19 PM
There are actually imbeciles saying KD is a taller Rudy Gay????:biggums:
Lebronfags Like numbuhsix and silkie.

BlackVVaves
04-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Lebronfags Like numbuhsix and silkie.

Expect that kind of idiocy from Sikk, but I thought NumberSix adhered to some kind of code of intelligence when he trolled :facepalm

Im so nba'd out
04-27-2014, 06:34 PM

http://vbridges.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/geekornerd.jpg

Le Shaqtus
04-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Expect that kind of idiocy from Sikk, but I thought NumberSix adhered to some kind of code of intelligence when he trolled :facepalm

I don't know what on earth gave you that impression, he has an irrational hate for Durant and OKC :lol

robert_shaww
04-27-2014, 06:54 PM
:roll: :roll:

Ray Allen hit a three and then proceeded not to score another point for the rest of the series.

Lebron brought the Heat back in the 4th and then followed it up with 35+ points in game 7.

Jackson just scored 35 points in a critical game 4 while Durant shot 5-21

:roll:

:bowdown:

Rocketswin2013
04-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Eh, teammates help each other win games ALL THE TIME. At least KD opened up the OT period aggressively. knocked down a jumper then got to the FT line. Hardly a stain on KD's career. Get real.
No.