PDA

View Full Version : Women should not be commentating NBA games

Tarik One
04-27-2014, 12:46 AM
They suck, plain and simple. That broad who did tonight's game was horrible. Felt like I was watching a WNBA/NIT tournament game. Their delivery is not fit for professional basketball.

ZoPunde
04-27-2014, 12:48 AM
fk you doris is cool, beth mowins is who i don't like

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Well this is fitting to the Racist Talk we've had... more discrimination :applause:

IncarceratedBob
04-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Such racism

Bobcats2013
Her lack of energy ruins it for me. Tricio/Breen/Albert all go nuts when something big happens and Doris just sits there. :facepalm

Other than that she's not that bad.

moe94
I don't mind her at all.

mr.big35
04-27-2014, 12:51 AM
why need woman to comment on a men sport

Akrazotile
04-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Blatant bigotry. Here comes the 70+ pages of outrage.

Oh wait, no. The only outrage in the world is white on black racism, or jason collins jokes. All other bigotry is acceptable.

Smook A.
04-27-2014, 12:52 AM
fk you doris is cool, beth mowins is who i don't like
"return of the mack"

:oldlol: She sounded so stupid when she said that

Pushxx
She's boring and has a strange voice. She's whatever.

ImKobe
reported for homophobia

Akrazotile
Her lack of energy ruins it for me. Tricio/Breen/Albert all go nuts when something big happens and Doris just sits there. :facepalm

Other than that she's not that bad.

You serious?

Shes not the play by play announcer :facepalm

Draz
04-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Nawh Dorris broad is cool bruh

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Blatant bigotry. Here comes the 70+ pages of outrage.

Oh wait, no. The only outrage in the world is white on black racism, or jason collins jokes. All other bigotry is acceptable.

So let me get this straight, from what I've read, you're against bigotry and discrimination of ALL kinds, but HATE the double standart.. right?

So whats your take on the Sterling situation, ignoring the "double standart" you see.... how come you didn't care for that incident?

Bobcats2013
04-27-2014, 12:55 AM
You serious?

Shes not the play by play announcer :facepalm

Oh she's the color announcer? Wow that just kills whatever tolerance I had for her. She doesn't say interesting things Akra. She's like the Wolves announcers.

sketchy
04-27-2014, 12:55 AM
What does Doris being a woman have to do with her commentating ability? I actually like her approach to commentating. She's always unbiased and points out little things people might not have noticed or realized much like Hubey Brown but without drawing it out forever. I do wish she had a little more enthusiasm/energy, but that's probably just not her thing. She does a great job.

Jameerthefear
04-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Doris is awful.

konex
04-27-2014, 01:17 AM
You're a sexist pig and Doris Burke is a great commentator

Eric Cartman
04-27-2014, 01:21 AM
The only reason ESPN has her there is to not seem racist, although it is pretty clear that job is better suited for a man.

ThePhantomCreep
04-27-2014, 01:24 AM
The only reason ESPN has her there is to not seem racist, although it is pretty clear that job is better suited for a man.

I had no idea "female" was a race.

Clyde
04-27-2014, 01:28 AM
They suck, plain and simple. That broad who did tonight's game was horrible. Felt like I was watching a WNBA/NIT tournament game. Their delivery is not fit for professional basketball.

Although youre allowed an opinion, you need to grow the **** up.

flipogb
04-27-2014, 01:33 AM
the color commentator has to be someone that has been on the sidelines thats all I ask and Doris Burke doesn't fit that criteria , she could be a man and id complain just as much (imagine if someone like Wilbon or Bill Simmons was doing her job) . Burke can interview guys or do the halftime report, she shouldnt be a commentator

PsychoBe
04-27-2014, 01:41 AM
i just like how horny doris sounds when she's describing another player.

"did you see durant with those long strides? just look how he forces his way inside and the length to stretch ALL the way to the hoop...."

or

"look at how strong lebron james was on that drive. he completely overpowered his man and converted at the hoop. no man an contain another man of that size when he has a full head of steam."

it's like damn bitch calm down.

L8krH8tr
04-27-2014, 01:51 AM
Mark and Doris is a horrible commenting duo. With this combo and Joel
Myers it really brings down the quality.

outbreak
04-27-2014, 02:16 AM
How do you follow basketball and not know who Doris is....

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Nah bro Doris is the one who's butt hurt, Im just the one who made it hurt.

Ok that was pretty good :oldlol:

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
04-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Really? All of you are so ignorant, Dorris actually knows what she is talking about, if you know anything about basketball you can tell she aint no fraud, she understands the game as good as most of us.
Whats the need in calling her a braud,bitc* and etc... Reason why most of you losers sit on forms all day acting tough on the keyboard is because your lack of knowledge and respect for others. I know this is a Basketball forum so whats the need for you all to rant on about others?

Mr. Jabbar
04-27-2014, 02:54 AM
agreed. sports nor driving is their thing

they're best suited for raising children, cooking and recording rants over the phone

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
04-27-2014, 02:56 AM
You mean sexist, and the job is suited for anyone that knowledge and passion for the game, not color or gender...:facepalm
Really messed up how I just see a bunch of pigs commenting on this post, when I opened it up I was expecting to see no tolerance for but guess I over estimated most of you

Rodmantheman
04-27-2014, 02:57 AM

they're best suited for raising children, cooking and recording rants over the phone

:lol

Proctor
04-27-2014, 02:59 AM
She's not bad at all and she's far better than a lot of the shmucks ESPN employs. :roll:

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 03:00 AM

:roll:

moe94
04-27-2014, 03:02 AM

:oldlol:

Cowboy Thunder
04-27-2014, 03:04 AM

more blatant RACISM in this thread.

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 03:05 AM
more blatant RACISM in this thread.

ITT: Women are a race

white text next time bro

Captain Clutch
04-27-2014, 03:59 AM
Definitely not a fan of Doris Burke. Her basketball analysis isn't too bad, but I just can't fcking stand her voice

franchise#3
04-27-2014, 04:34 AM
I love Doris. Shes awesome.

senelcoolidge
04-27-2014, 04:38 AM
Yeah these women are terrible. Just being honest. They suck and happen to be women. Stop being so damn sensitive people.

bigt
04-27-2014, 06:43 AM
She's fine, just probably needs to be paired up with someone who gets a bit more excited to give a more balanced dynamic. I thought the commentary was interesting but the duo lacked the enthusiasm that an overtime playoff game warrants. Although maybe I'm just used to the AFL commentators we get here who seem like they're set to blow a gasket in the last minute or two :oldlol:

Ball So Harden
04-27-2014, 06:48 AM

Finally found Sterling's ISH user.

TMac&Luther
04-27-2014, 08:42 AM
I agree.. She sounds like a bull dike with a nasal infection.

stephanieg
04-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Her biggest flaw is she kinda rambles. But every once in awhile she'll contribute something. And when she busts out a bit of ghetto slang it's like no Doris, just no. It doesn't help they pair her with the most vanilla co-hosts ever.

i just like how horny doris sounds when she's describing another player.

Her breathless exuberance is pretty funny. inb4 BBC lover speculation.

La Frescobaldi
04-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Oh she's the color announcer? Wow that just kills whatever tolerance I had for her. She doesn't say interesting things Akra. She's like the Wolves announcers.
she's not remotely at the level of the Wolves announcers.

She doesn't have a deep understanding of hoops, she talks a lot about unimportant stuff. But that's not a big deal, there's lots of weak, ignorant diarrhea-of-the-mouth announcers out there.
It's the voice.

Cheryl Miller has a well-modulated voice (of course her hoops knowledge is awesome but beside the point) that you can listen to for hours with ease.
The Doris voice is almost a visit to the emergency room it's so gratingly bad:

"Doctor, we have another case of Doris Voice Syndrome."
"Not another one!! This makes 20 in the past two days!! The playoffs are killing our staff..... Alright. How advanced is it?" - Signs are very bad, Doctor.
"Eyes bleeding?" - Yes.
"Permanent hearing loss?" - Yes, Doctor. No response of any kind, even to the loudest sounds.
"Oh, no. Is the patient showing signs of violence?" - Yes, Doctor. The patient had to be restrained. The police said when they arrived at the patient's home, 4 cops were beat down before they could get the patient in the wagon.

"I always loved the NBA but it's just not worth this. There's got to be some way we can stop these preventable conditions, but there's just so little that medical science can do....." - I know, Doctor. We've had to take all the TVs and computers out of our house until the season ends. I've seen the signs of DVS right in my own home!! Can't something be done?

{sounds of patient's agonized screaming.}

"Alright Nurse, let's go do what we can.

{Doctor and nurse race towards the patient's room}

NLZ
04-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Commentary :roll:

sportjames23
04-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Such racism

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/12/white_dance_club.gif

CrazyLond
04-27-2014, 10:32 AM
It is ok to dislike someone individually, but it is not ok to then generalize that to an entire population of people that includes that individual, and then to use that generalization to justify a rule that discriminates against them. Below, I show what you did and then another example to illustrate why this is harmful:

OK: I don't like Doris Burke's commentary.

Generalization: I don't like any woman's commentary.

Discriminatory rule: Women should not be commentating NBA games.

OK: Michael is having a hard time in school.

Generalization: All black people have a hard time in school.

Discriminatory Rule: Black people should not be allowed to attend college.

La Frescobaldi
04-27-2014, 10:42 AM
It is ok to dislike someone individually, but it is not ok to then generalize that to an entire population of people that includes that individual, and then to use that generalization to justify a rule that discriminates against them. Below, I show what you did and then another example to illustrate why this is harmful:

OK: I don't like Doris Burke's commentary.

Generalization: I don't like any woman's commentary.

Discriminatory rule: Women should not be commentating NBA games.

OK: Michael is having a hard time in school.

Generalization: All black people have a hard time in school.

Discriminatory Rule: Black people should not be allowed to attend college.

Yeah. Stereotyping is bad no matter where it is found. Conservatives, liberals, all races and religions - they all do it to one degree or another.

BigBoss
04-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Its like having a grown man broadcast for a womens high school volleyball game. It doesnt fit

Shes a woman
Does not have the credentials to broadcast at that level.

D-FENS
04-27-2014, 12:12 PM

**** you a-hole. Doris Burke does a great job, and she is actually into the game. I like listening to her. Better than those horrible Raptors commentators. "shoots it from Brampton!" "Takes it up Bay Street." Those Canadian losers think people give a damn about place names in Toronto.

SCdac
04-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Dumb thread. Ought to be deleted