PDA

View Full Version : doc and cp3 knew sterling was an racist asshole before they signed

kurple
04-27-2014, 01:45 PM
discuss.

Doctor Rivers
04-27-2014, 01:47 PM
$ > all

KrizMiz
04-27-2014, 01:47 PM
$ > all

this

kurple
04-27-2014, 01:50 PM
$ > all
/thread

COnDEMnED
04-27-2014, 01:50 PM
This is true, but if a black owner wanted to pay me tens of millions to play for his team, and I knew he hated white guys with blonde hair, I'd still take his millions. His money isn't racist towards me. I'd probably take it as some sort of moral victory for having him pay someone he hates.

yobore
04-27-2014, 01:51 PM
$ > all
More like winning > all. Not much better but more accurate.

Both of them would be getting paid the same everywhere. They know that's where they had the best chance to win given their situations.

kurple
This is true, but if a black owner wanted to pay me tens of millions to play for his team, and I knew he hated white guys with blonde hair, I'd still take his millions. His money isn't racist towards me. I'd probably take it as some sort of moral victory for having him pay someone he hates.
what if you could get close to the same money working for someone that wasnt an racist?

SilkkTheShocker
Obviously. River's could be a great actor. Pretending he was surprised about the news. :oldlol:

kurple
04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Or they don't care about who is their owner.
seems like they care now. or maybe they are just building an excuse incase they lose to the warriors

Dresta
04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Why would they care that a racist is paying them millions of bucks? It's not like they're paying him like the fans are.

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Can someone tell me why it's a big deal that Sterling is a racist? He pays his players million of dollars, hasn't publicly said the n-word, etc. He is an 80 year old man. The guy has been set in his way for years.

COnDEMnED
04-27-2014, 01:58 PM
what if you could get close to the same money working for someone that wasnt an racist?
If it was strictly about money, id probably want all I could get. If it was about winning and trying to get as much as I could, I'd have to evaluate the situation. In this particular case, that's tough to do. CP3 was traded (a few times) and he chose to re-sign with the Clippers instead of going somewhere else. I'm not sure if there was a team at that time that had the cap space, winning, and a non racist owner. He didn't have much of a choice if my memory is correct. Where was the one team he could have gone to? Atlanta? F-that..

Dresta
04-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Can someone tell me why it's a big deal that Sterling is a racist? He pays his players million of dollars, hasn't publicly said the n-word, etc. He is an 80 year old man. The guy has been set in his way for years.
Because despising racists is the dominant contemporary moral orthodoxy. Sterling will probably face more condemnation and criticism for this than Kobe did for raping.

InfiniteBaskets
04-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Why would they care that a racist is paying them millions of bucks? It's not like they're paying him like the fans are.

Let's say you're black and have two owners giving you max deals. One owner is racist, one is not. The team you pick will pay you $15 mil no matter what, but that same team will make an estimated $50M off you from ticket sales, merchandise, fan player events, etc...

Who would you choose? Now what if the racist owner gave you a 20% chance more than the non-racist owner to win a ring and build your legacy?

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Because despising racists is the dominant contemporary moral orthodoxy. Sterling will probably face more condemnation and criticism for this than Kobe did for raping.

Exactly. It's a joke really. It's been known forever now that Sterling had a history of being a bigot. That hasn't stopped him from playing his players well. He isn't at the games screaming the N-word, etc. But it's breaking news now? All because some gold digger decided to record a conversation with him? :oldlol:

oh the horror
04-27-2014, 02:08 PM

Kobe is a ball player.

Sterling is a rich owner of a team of predominately black players in a league that's predominately black players.

His track record is long, but was kind of quiet these days because he was finally pouring money into the team, then this comes out. There's more of a story here.

GimmeThat
04-27-2014, 02:09 PM
of course, I'm gonna go out of a limb and say that Sterling knew Doc and CP3 were blacks before he handed them a contract or even had one written out.

or, we can just say that Doc and CP3 is white in Sterling's eye, but only, and ONLY Magic Johnson and the likes are black

:rockon:

Are there white people that appears black in his eye? hmmmmm....

that racist c*nt he is.

MC Gusto
04-27-2014, 05:38 PM
$ > all
:cheers:

qrich
04-27-2014, 05:42 PM
And so did Kobe when he nearly switched over.

And so did Jordan, considering he has been around long enough to know Tokowitz full track record.

So did anyone who is a true fan of the Clippers, or an overall NBA fan.

But hey, this is news :rockon:

Akrazotile
04-27-2014, 05:43 PM
$ > all

UNLESS YOURE WHITE, THEN ITS WRONG

kayla91
04-27-2014, 06:51 PM
The Racism Apologists in this thread is absolutely amazing and totally....:facepalm :rolleyes: :wtf:

ThePhantomCreep
04-27-2014, 07:01 PM

Because the incident in Colorado barely generated any press? Kobe wasn't convicted either. :facepalm

Keep the "oppressed white man" routine going. It's highly amusing.

Dresta
04-27-2014, 07:13 PM
Because the incident in Colorado barely generated any press? Kobe wasn't convicted either. :facepalm

Keep the "oppressed white man" routine going. It's highly amusing.
Do you not realize that your post simply demonstrates what i said about despising racists being the contemporary moral orthodoxy?

All i said was that and you're already claiming i'm gunning for the 'oppressed white man routine' - what does that say about you? You make decisions with your emotions and are seemingly incapable of thought.

ThePhantomCreep
04-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Do you not realize that your post simply demonstrates what i said about despising racists being the contemporary moral orthodoxy?

All i said was that and you're already claiming i'm gunning for the 'oppressed white man routine' - what does that say about you? You make decisions with your emotions and are seemingly incapable of thought.

Meh. Rape is significantly more damaging to a person's reputation than being outed as a racist. Kobe would have been unemployable had he been convicted.

Dresta
04-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Meh. Rape is significantly more damaging to a person's reputation than being outed as a racist. Kobe would have been unemployable had he been convicted.
Not if you're Kobe.

Akrazotile
04-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Really? Tell that to Mike Tyson.

That is, if he's not off shooting a cameo in another box office blockbuster. I wonder if he can help get Michael Richards a role?

Nah, I doubt it. After all, Tyson was merely convicted of rape. Richards called a heckler the N word!!!!!!!

ThePhantomCreep
04-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Really? Tell that to Mike Tyson.

That is, if he's not off shooting a cameo in another box office blockbuster. I wonder if he can help get Michael Richards a role?

Nah, I doubt it. After all, Tyson was merely convicted of rape. Richards called a heckler the N word!!!!!!!

Umm...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2520946/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Andrew Wiggins
04-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Really? Tell that to Ben Roethlisberger.

That is, if he's not making millions of dollars playing American football. I wonder if he can help get Michael Richards a role?

Nah, I doubt it. After all, Roethlisberger was merely convicted of rape TWICE. Richards called a heckler the N word!!!!!!!

fyp

ThePhantomCreep
04-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Not if you're Kobe.
You need to get over the fact that Kobe wasn't convicted of rape. The case never even went to trial.

Ball So Harden
04-27-2014, 08:09 PM
/thread

Never seen anybody try to end their own thread after such a simple response. Apparently you didn't actually want a discussion, just somebody to validate you :lol