PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Clippers are in a mess right now

Inferno
04-27-2014, 02:26 PM
https://twitter.com/BillPlaschke/statuses/460484060687511553

In all my years in biz, never seen a more muddled playoff pregame. Doc says he has no idea if players ready, or if he can keep working here

Yikes...

UK2K
04-27-2014, 02:27 PM
https://twitter.com/BillPlaschke/statuses/460484060687511553

Yikes...

Ok then quit, go work somewhere else, and someone else will just replace you.

Makes your decision really easy.

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Doc knew what kind of man Sterling was when he took that money. He can quit trying to win the Oscar now.

Natureland
04-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Clippers by 30.

keep-itreal
04-27-2014, 02:28 PM
go ahead chris paul, walk away from your $100 million dollar contract.

Isn't that what "keeping it real" means?

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 02:30 PM

Better chance of him doing more commercials dancing around and handing out umbrellas to white people.

SCdac
04-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Everybody is getting trolled hard by the media, Sterling, and his disgruntled GF :roll:

LoPro4u2c
04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
They probably read the 2nd transcript, the one with the I give them cars and houses and all that kinda stuff.

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2014, 02:42 PM

SHUT THE FCUK UP UK2K

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Clippers by 30.

:lol

-------

Warriors in 7. They'll take tonights game... OR, reverse psycho.. Warriors feel pressured to have to win, especially given the circumstances..

iTare
04-27-2014, 02:44 PM
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cYg3X29VvK

ImKobe
04-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Doc should take Blake & CP3 and run across the hall to the Lakers' locker room. We're recruiting.

Threethrows
04-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Next Clippers v. Warriors game should have an all black reffing crew

dunksby
04-27-2014, 02:48 PM
****n bitch doesn't her place :facepalm

flipogb
04-27-2014, 02:54 PM
hope they weren't watching the Mavs game from yesterday, gotta be depressing to see how a great owner acts compared to the one they have

f0und
04-27-2014, 02:54 PM

if was was chris paul, id sign the $100 million contract then just not show up for work. or at least not treat it as a serious job. come in late. leave early. call in sick a bunch of times. worst they can do is trade him. he still keeps the money tho

sportjames23
04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
SHUT THE FCUK UP SILKK

Fixed that for you.

yobore
04-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Mark Jackson basically took a shot at Doc Rivers by saying he wouldn't coach the Clippers in these circumstances. That's pretty low and if he coaches game 5 @ LA he's a hypocrite

UK2K
04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
SHUT THE FCUK UP UK2K
Haha shhhh

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:01 PM

I don't think you understand how the nba works in comparison to other jobs.

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Mark Jackson basically took a shot at Doc Rivers by saying he wouldn't coach the Clippers in these circumstances. That's pretty low and if he coaches game 5 @ LA he's a hypocrite
No, he wouldn't be a hypocrite. And I actually believe him. Not that I necessarily agree withy that action. All you can do is public ally ask to part ways. Public pressure will get Doc out of it. The players have it tougher...but pressure will cause something to happen. CP3 can just pretend to be hurt or depressed and not play until he is traded. But any way you slice it, black players will have to play for the clippers unless he is removed, which is entirely possible and CEOS have been removed for less.

TheMarkMadsen
04-27-2014, 03:02 PM

Uh how would Jackson coaching his team to try and beat the Clippers & send that racist packing be hypocritical of Jackson.. :facepalm

dazzer87
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
V. Stiviano mvp for the warriors.....:rockon: :rockon:

yobore
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Uh how would Jackson coaching his team to try and beat send that racist packing be hypocritical of Jackson.. :facepalm
Playing in Clippers arena and making money for Sterling.

Lobbing all this guilt on Clippers players when they're getting what might be their best chance to fulfill their dreams is low

BoutPractice
04-27-2014, 03:05 PM
They don't really play "for" him, though. Guys like Paul, they live for the game. The playoffs mean something to them, something much greater than money.

I think the smart thing to do would be to play and give 100%, but send a clear FU message to Sterling in some way.

crisoner
04-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Sterling should be kicked out of the NBA....The league should take over the team.

UK2K
04-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Look he can either do his job and collect his pay check like hes been doing the whole year...

Or he can quit and keep it real, throw the game, and go work somewhere else. Sterling is a billionaire, he'll just hire someone else, and laugh at you while he's doing it.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/67hgjb/chappelle-s-show-when-keeping-it-real-goes-wrong---brenda-johnson---uncensored

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Playing in Clippers arena and making money for Sterling.

Lobbing all this guilt on Clippers players when they're getting what might be their best chance to fulfill their dreams is low

So he should cost his own franchise money?

UK2K
04-27-2014, 03:09 PM
I don't think you understand how the nba works in comparison to other jobs.
What part of that is unclear or blurry to you.

If Doc wants to keep it real and not coach, OK fine, quit. The players can quit too. You think for a second that Sterling wouldnt just go hire someone else? As long as he owns the team, he doesnt give two shits about what anyone thinks.

If the NBA can somehow legally force him to sell his team, then he might care (probably not because hes an 81 year old billionaire), but as long as he has the team, someone will play for him, someone will coach for him, and someone will manage his team for him, because money talks.

So keep it real Doc.

fiddy
04-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Sterling should be kicked out of the NBA....The league should take over the team.
WHY!? he should get a pass. CP3 said publicly he wants a black coach and got away with it. Sterling went racist in a private conversation with his partner. Did he ever went publicly racist?

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Look he can either do his job and collect his pay check like hes been doing the whole year...

Or he can quit and keep it real, throw the game, and go work somewhere else. Sterling is a billionaire, he'll just hire someone else, and laugh at you while he's doing it.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/67hgjb/chappelle-s-show-when-keeping-it-real-goes-wrong---brenda-johnson---uncensored

You don't get it...basketball players are a scare commodity. This is the type of thing that will cause fans not to attend games, good players not to come and public pressure to push him out. He will be fine without the team, but once he is out then the NBA will be fine without him.

keep-itreal
04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
if was was chris paul, id sign the $100 million contract then just not show up for work. or at least not treat it as a serious job. come in late. leave early. call in sick a bunch of times. worst they can do is trade him. he still keeps the money tho

that says more about you being a lazy unprofessional POS. but you're not an nba player, so I guess it doesn't matter

yobore
04-27-2014, 03:12 PM
CP3 said publicly he wants a black coach and got away with it.

That was just a rumor most definitely not "publicly." His favorite coach was a white guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling was probably even behind that rumor, he was upset he had to fire VDN and even pointed fingers at the players saying he wished he could have kept him.

yobore
04-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Players are in a bind here they play like they want and are supposed to and they are getting blasted as "Uncle Toms."

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:14 PM
What part of that is unclear or blurry to you.

If Doc wants to keep it real and not coach, OK fine, quit. The players can quit too. You think for a second that Sterling wouldnt just go hire someone else? As long as he owns the team, he doesnt give two shits about what anyone thinks.

If the NBA can somehow legally force him to sell his team, then he might care (probably not because hes an 81 year old billionaire), but as long as he has the team, someone will play for him, someone will coach for him, and someone will manage his team for him, because money talks.

So keep it real Doc.

Doc doesn't have to quit. All he has to do is not coach due to depression. Then he will have to work on a buy out and pay Doc Rivers to leave. Then Doc will be coaching for another squad in a few months. I don't think he should do this but, this not a typical job where it's easy to find replacements. There are only 400 nba players in the world, 15 all nba performers and 24 all stars. If he wants to lose money until he kicked out then so be it. But this is gonna hurt the bottom line and he is known to care about that.

UK2K
04-27-2014, 03:15 PM
You don't get it...basketball players are a scare commodity. This is the type of thing that will cause fans not to attend games, good players not to come and public pressure to push him out. He will be fine without the team, but once he is out then the NBA will be fine without him.
No, I completely understand. What you dont understand is that unless every player in the NBA refuses to play for the LAC, he will just get someone else. Luol Deng is a free agent this year, you think if the Clips offered him $15m for 3 years he'd say no (cause you know there is zero chance he gets that from some other team).

You think if they offered Gasol 4/$88 he says no?
Spencer Hawes? You think he turns down a 8 figure contract?

See where Im going with this? Money talks my friend. You will always have guys willing to play for the LAC for the right price.

Im so nba'd out
that says more about you being a lazy unprofessional POS. but you're not an nba player, so I guess it doesn't matter
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/46643841.jpg

ArbitraryWater
WHY!? he should get a pass. CP3 said publicly he wants a black coach and got away with it. Sterling went racist in a private conversation with his partner. Did he ever went publicly racist?

Publicly isn't worse :confusedshrug:

It shows you're hiding NOTHING. I'm sure Sterling doesnt want that the Tape would have ever surfaced... because it has dramatic Impact.

IGOTGAME
Players are in a bind here they play like they want and are supposed to and they are getting blasted as "Uncle Toms."
Who is bashing them...it isn't like they can quit and play for a mother team next year. I wouldn't be mad if they sat out but they would have to talk to an attorney. If the worst hat happens is they void there contract then that wouldn't be so bad.

UK2K
04-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Doc doesn't have to quit. All he has to do is not coach due to depression. Then he will have to work on a buy out and pay Doc Rivers to leave. Then Doc will be coaching for another squad in a few months. I don't think he should do this but, this not a typical job where it's easy to find replacements. There are only 400 nba players in the world, 15 all nba performers and 24 all stars. If he wants to lose money until he kicked out then so be it. But this is gonna hurt the bottom line and he is known to care about that.
He's an 81 year old billionaire. How much do you think he really cares about losing money.

Honestly...

SilkkTheShocker

It's comical how little some of you know.

oh the horror
IMO the league will pressure sterling to step down.

This backlash is bad news all the way around.

Sterling may fight though so I guess we'll see.

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:17 PM
No, I completely understand. What you dont understand is that unless every player in the NBA refuses to play for the LAC, he will just get someone else. Luol Deng is a free agent this year, you think if the Clips offered him $15m for 3 years he'd say no (cause you know there is zero chance he gets that from some other team).

You think if they offered Gasol 4/$88 he says no?
Spencer Hawes? You think he turns down a 8 figure contract?

See where Im going with this? Money talks my friend. You will always have guys willing to play for the LAC for the right price.

And fans will stop going. They will continue to lose. And other owners will push them out when public pressure raises. This was a whole segment on meet he press, a whole segment. He can easily be pushed out and that is what I see happening.

IGOTGAME
04-27-2014, 03:18 PM
He's an 81 year old billionaire. How much do you think he really cares about losing money.

Honestly...

Then way was he so cheap over the last few decades if money wasn't a thing? People don't stay billionaires because they don't care about losing money.

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 03:19 PM
IMO the league will pressure sterling to step down.

This backlash is bad news all the way around.

Sterling may fight though so I guess we'll see.

This. Silver is going to put the pressure on him to sell. But the man is 80 years old or whatever. He is probably just going to tell Silver to go f*** himself. Anyone thinking he will be "forced" to sell has no idea what they are talking about. Even George Shinn couldn't be forced to sell the Hornets. And single handedly crippled the NBA in North Carolina for a long time.

f0und
04-27-2014, 03:20 PM

its not about being lazy and unprofessional. its about getting back at a racist bigot and getting millions from him in the process.

why do you care anyway? you seem pretty butthurt over my comment.

SacJB Shady
04-27-2014, 03:20 PM
They don't really play "for" him, though. Guys like Paul, they live for the game. The playoffs mean something to them, something much greater than money.

I think the smart thing to do would be to play and give 100%, but send a clear FU message to Sterling in some way.

No matter how much Paul loves the game, he is playing for Sterling. He is making Sterling even more money than he has, so yes he is playing for him. If he's not playing for Sterling, let me ask you. Who's he playing for? Who's team is it? HUH?

UK2K
04-27-2014, 03:22 PM
And fans will stop going. They will continue to lose. And other owners will push them out when public pressure raises. This was a whole segment on meet he press, a whole segment. He can easily be pushed out and that is what I see happening.
You dont think fans would pay to see a team with Gasol, Deng, and Hawes at the 3, 4, and 5?

Interesting.

SCdac
04-27-2014, 03:23 PM

Like I said earlier, all parties are getting trolled to the Nth degree.

The fact that players, coaches, and public figures "have to" comment on all this, or even worse, explain their own actions, is just hilarious.

TMZ and dudes girlfriend opened up a can of worms :lol

Inferno
04-27-2014, 03:27 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/statuses/460498023223922688

gts
04-27-2014, 03:28 PM
WHY!? he should get a pass. CP3 said publicly he wants a black coach and got away with it. Sterling went racist in a private conversation with his partner. Did he ever went publicly racist? many times

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 03:29 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/statuses/460498023223922688

Who cares? If they are so offended than don't play. Turn down all that money you're being paid.

gts
04-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Ben Bolch ‏@latbbolch 20m
Fan chant at Oracle Arena: "Let's go KKK-Clippers!"

Inferno
04-27-2014, 03:33 PM

:coleman: I'll have to see it to believe it

Brokenbeat
04-27-2014, 03:34 PM

Nooo ****ing way :eek:

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 09:42 PM

I was there. This didn't happen.

Cali Syndicate
04-27-2014, 09:44 PM
:lol

-------

Warriors in 7. They'll take tonights game... OR, reverse psycho.. Warriors feel pressured to have to win, especially given the circumstances..

Yup. Either the warriors will win or the clippers will.

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Yup. Either the warriors will win or the clippers will.

You wanna avy bet on that?

BigBoss
04-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Donald Sterling needs to adopt a black baby asap.

VIntageNOvel
04-27-2014, 10:06 PM
another asterisk for bran

dude77
04-27-2014, 10:15 PM
another asterisk for bran

what .. heat would've feasted on the gay ass clippers

SpecialQue
04-27-2014, 11:00 PM
what .. heat would've feasted on the gay ass

:biggums:

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 11:01 PM
i feast on gay ass

We know you do, this isn't the forum for that.