https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsk2kYUGMXo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQEGriCUAApWcX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQFJ6nCYAE26Mq.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQENhJCMAAQC3o.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQE2GKCcAAyEoV.jpg

Where ever sterling is, clips sure showed him

PizzamanIRL
04-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Oh no! Inside out shirts. That'll teach him.

UK2K
04-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh no! Inside out shirts. That'll teach him.
Haha that was my first thought too.

Guy is at home taking a bath in money getting his wrinkly 81 year old balls licked by high end prostitutes... hes so distraught.

SCdac
04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
How did they not already know he was a racist prick?? Were they living under a rock?? What was ok before but not now?

TheMarkMadsen
04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Damn they turned their shirts inside out during a non televised segment of the warm ups?

Sterling prolly shaking in his boots as we speak :rolleyes:

Come on if you're serious about it and want to make a point don't half ass it actually go out and attempt to play the games with the jerseys inside out or something..

This whole thing comes off as super passive aggressive which is Jabbar will tell you is a very beta trait

CrazyLond
04-27-2014, 07:04 PM
This was a super weak statement.

A real statement would have been not showing up today. Seriously, people relying on a meager wage for a living have gone on strike to make a statement before. These guys are all millionaires and would have done fine without however many extra thousands they get for showing up for the playoffs. However, they still decided to show up to collect that paycheck and make Sterling even more money and that is the real statement they made, regardless of how they wore their warm-up jerseys.

Also, the whole "team" decision is BS. Any individual could, and should, have made that decision on his own. Rosa Parks decided not to give up her seat as an individual with no team supporting her. Now that is a real statement.

SilkkTheShocker
04-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Want to send a message? Stop collecting checks from Sterling. What a weak message. So they can bash their owner, but his money is still good enough for them to take? :oldlol: At the end of the day, Sterling is getting the last laugh.

JohnStarks
04-27-2014, 07:21 PM
weaksauce :oldlol:

dude77
04-27-2014, 07:24 PM
that'll show him !

SwishSquared
04-27-2014, 07:24 PM
I give them credit for doing something, but like others mentioned, the boldest thing they could have done was simply not show up.

Because they decided to play, they should have tried to be more focused to play at a high level. I knew GSW were gonna be rolling from the tip this game, but if the Clips had beaten them, it would have shown strong mental fortitude imo. Maybe it wouldn't have "shown up DTS," but the narrative around the players would potentially change. Now it seems they're all (rightfully) distracted and shaken up, which is all they'll hear until Game 5

outbreak
04-27-2014, 07:27 PM
someone should send them each a copy of henry olonga's book.
He and andy flower protested during a cricket world cup by wearing black arm bands to mourn the death of democracy in zimbabwe. They held a press conference and gave a statement about the world needing to care about the human rights abuses in their home country. Led to death threats but helped get global exposure to their countries plight. The clippers players don't need to strike and refuse to play but they need to make some form of statement about how they are not happy and don't tolerate things. Wearing inside out jerseys in a non televised shoot around is lame.

Real14
04-27-2014, 07:35 PM
That's all?:biggums: :rolleyes:

Ball So Harden
04-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Should have black jerseys for game 5.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-27-2014, 07:39 PM
They should murder him and his family. Only the white players on the team should do it, tho. That would really show him.

senelcoolidge
04-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Sterling and Jerry Buss were great friends. They both helped each other out a lot..that's how Sterling was protected for so many years. No more Jerry so maybe Sterling will finally be out.

Akrazotile
04-27-2014, 07:44 PM
http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kenyon.png
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/JR-Smith_Knicks-Black-300x184.png

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/three1.png
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/jr_smith_all_black.jpg

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/two1.png

MrC1991
04-27-2014, 07:45 PM
LMAO@ "Strong statement"

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-27-2014, 08:36 PM
watch the video, paul didn't even drop his warm-up jacket like everybody else.

moe94
04-27-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't get it. Their message is wack. It's actually laughable.

rhowen4
04-27-2014, 08:45 PM
i dont think they could do anything that doesn't seem corny (what they did) or stupid/rash (not showing up to the game)

jzek
04-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Sterling swimming in his billions to care.

TaLvsCuaL
04-27-2014, 09:03 PM
http://www.solocachondeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/image00111.gif

The only message I see there.

outbreak
04-27-2014, 09:11 PM
i dont think they could do anything that doesn't seem corny (what they did) or stupid/rash (not showing up to the game)

they should have just released a statement.

Blake and Paul as the two leading players should have released a statement saying that right now they are focused on basketball and winning a championship (lol) for their fans but they have not ignored sterlings comments they just have other goals to focus on at the moment.

Make it clear they haven't missed the issue and are not happy with it but at the same time let people know they are focused on basketball and don't want to derail their play off run with the issue. All they have done is create more people discussing it by make a weak ass acknolodgement rather than addressing the issue and actually doing anything productive

oh the horror
04-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Everyone calling for then to not show up and play seems a bit ridiculous and unfair to the players who have worked their asses off all season to get to this point and the fans they've had that have actually supported this team throughout their shit years to watch them get to this point.

Would it be a strong statement? Sure. Kind of ridiculous to ask that of anyone. So essentially forfeit a playoff game where they're trying to make something happen on their own? That's far fetched to even consider to me.

You're still contractually obligated to go out there for your millions and perform your job. Half of us probably have no idea what our bosses are into. (Not saying the players weren't aware of Sterling being a piece of shit but really.

Just do what you need to do and let the league handle this man.

Vienceslav
04-27-2014, 09:16 PM
They knew what the deal was before they signed for him and so did everyone who follows the NBA somewhat closely.

sammichoffate
04-27-2014, 09:17 PM
This is some of the weakest **** I've ever seen. Guys like Russell, Wilt, West, and Cousy all had NOTHING compared to these over-privileged jackasses. They refused to play in the ALL-STAR game until they got what they wanted, this is just pathetic. I have lost any semblance of respect for this ****hole franchise and its players. :facepalm

oarabbus
04-27-2014, 09:21 PM
This is some of the weakest **** I've ever seen. Guys like Russell, Wilt, West, and Cousy all had NOTHING compared to these over-privileged jackasses. They refused to play in the ALL-STAR game until they got what they wanted, this is just pathetic. I have lost any semblance of respect for this ****hole franchise and its players. :facepalm

Russell and Wilt played before black people had rights

ZenMaster
04-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Everyone calling for then to not show up and play seems a bit ridiculous and unfair to the players who have worked their asses off all season to get to this point and the fans they've had that have actually supported this team throughout their shit years to watch them get to this point.

Would it be a strong statement? Sure. Kind of ridiculous to ask that of anyone. So essentially forfeit a playoff game where they're trying to make something happen on their own? That's far fetched to even consider to me.

You're still contractually obligated to go out there for your millions and perform your job. Half of us probably have no idea what our bosses are into. (Not saying the players weren't aware of Sterling being a piece of shit but really.

Just do what you need to do and let the league handle this man.

They could have made history and have had everybody supporting them, it's not 1962.

Release a statement like:

"We know we can't end racism in the world, probably in our lifetime, but what we can do as a team right now in our part of the world is to show our complete disgrace with these opinions, and thus we will not be on TV tonight. Say no to racism"

Rodmantheman
04-27-2014, 09:25 PM
What wack statement was that.

buddha
04-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Want to send a message? Stop collecting checks from Sterling. What a weak message. So they can bash their owner, but his money is still good enough for them to take? :oldlol: At the end of the day, Sterling is getting the last laugh.

where does that money really come from though? it comes from the people of L.A. who attend the games. Donald Sterling is just a middleman.

SpecialQue
04-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Entered this thread expecting to see the final score for today's game posted.

sammichoffate
04-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Russell and Wilt played before black people had rightsExactly, they had it way harder than the Clippers do right now and they still protested better than them.

DuMa
04-27-2014, 09:31 PM
what better way of protesting do you idiots have? besides not playing (which is incredibly idiotic)

Hotlantadude81
04-27-2014, 09:38 PM
A league made up of thugs and womanizers is trying to ride a high horse.:lol

gts
04-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Haha that was my first thought too.

Mine too.. a gesture but trivial at best, the man just banked another 2 million in TV revenue while you wore your jersey inside out

dude77
04-27-2014, 09:40 PM
what better way of protesting do you idiots have? besides not playing (which is incredibly idiotic)

none lol .. they know very well wtf donald sterling is .. they had no problem signing up with his team .. everything is about image .. people are ****in' sheep .. they "had to" show some type of demonstration .. this weak shit lets you know they really didn't want to do anything

sammichoffate
04-27-2014, 09:42 PM
none lol .. they know very well wtf donald sterling is .. they had no problem signing up with his team .. everything is about image .. people are ****in' sheep .. they "had to" show some type of demonstration .. this weak shit lets you know they really didn't want to do anything^this.

Mrofir
04-27-2014, 10:17 PM
I think an important distinction that needs to be made is that most nba players enjoy playing basketball, at least to some extent.

The Clippers are a good team, and they're not good because they were playing for extra postseason play or anything to do with money. They're good because they've put in a lot of effort to be a good team. They are playing for each other, not Sterling or management. Their personal career goals are on the line --

I don't think it's fair to judge this protest as weak. They were put in a tough situation. I will have something to say in the offseason if nothing comes of this, but these players still have the chance to demand trades, resign if you're doc rivers, etc etc. -- I have faith that Sterling will pay the price

Also of note, there are many people involved in the Clippers organization. A boycott or larger protest could have originated anywhere in the organization -- trainers, ballboys, management, coaching staff, etc.. It didn't -- it's not fair to criticize only the players. If you think everyone in the organization should give up everything they worked for this year because of one asrhole, then at least spread the blame around evenly.

The Sting
04-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Lol

AnaheimLakers24
04-27-2014, 10:51 PM
clipper players have no dignity :lol

JohnFreeman
04-27-2014, 10:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQFxDMCAAI9Qni.jpg

sc19
04-27-2014, 11:10 PM
We'll forget about this in no time, just like how most people forget that Kobe is a rapist and an anti-gay. Clippers will endure.

16X
04-28-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't get it. Their message is wack. It's actually laughable.
What's not to get? These players don't care what Sterling is and they never did. They did this as a show for the media. To make THEMSELVES look better (since so many people were crying about the players HAVING to make some kind of stand or send some kind of message to show they dissaproved of Sterling's racism), not for any cause. Hell, I think it's even likely that this "throwing your shirts down" idea was run past Sterling and he probably gave it the thumbs up.

Akrazotile
04-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Clippers send strong message to Sterling:

Hey Donald! We corny AF!

SacJB Shady
04-28-2014, 01:25 AM
LOL the Clippers only know how to go half way. If you're gonna make a statement, make one. If you're gonna play play, if not then don't play. Don't just go halfway and say you're making a statement but then still collect your paycheck and make money for the owner ha ha ha.

It's like someone that's upset about being involved in a gang. And he continues to be involved but he just doesn't wear his clothes the right way to show up the leader ha ha.

CrazyLond
04-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Not playing is the only statement they could make with any credibility.

It is only idiotic if you think basketball is more important than not supporting Sterling. The Clippers clearly did, which is why their demonstration before the game has no credibility.

Guess what, taking a real stand against racism takes guts and usually involves personal risk. Maybe it seems like a lot to give up a chance at an NBA championship, but that is a small price compared to the price some have suffered in the name of supporting racial equality.

If it's not worth that price to you, fine. Just don't pretend it's important to you because you wore your jersey the wrong way.