PDA

View Full Version : Tanking the playoffs and walking away from money IS the only stand against Sterling

Fawker
04-27-2014, 11:10 PM
You gotta leave man. Playing through it is slavery! Winning it all gives him a place in it! Honoring your contract is giving in to the man!

You are not quitting on the team or being dishonorable by leaving. You are doing modern day Muhammad Ali stuff.

JohnFreeman
04-27-2014, 11:11 PM
These guys aren't slaves, they are getting upwards of $100 million dollars :oldlol:

ihoopallday
04-27-2014, 11:17 PM
The more I think about it, I don't really feel bad for the players. They're still making more money in one game than most people make in a year. We'd all be naive to believe they didn't know Sterling was a racist. Money is still these players' # 1 priority.

AnaheimLakers24
04-27-2014, 11:20 PM
they have no dignity once that contract is signed.

StusOneGoodEye
04-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Money is still the main objective. They can still play but underacheive, fake injuries, demand trades, but they have no choice but to honor that contract to get the money.

flipogb
04-27-2014, 11:24 PM
can they walk away from the contract and give up whatever money/years is left?

StusOneGoodEye
04-27-2014, 11:33 PM
They will walk out. Needing teams can pick up the tab if they have the space.

Pushxx
04-27-2014, 11:36 PM
They honestly don't give a shit that Sterling is racist.

They've all dealt with more racism than one stupid phone conversation between a sick manipulator and a drunk 80-year old.

Clyde
04-27-2014, 11:47 PM
They honestly don't give a shit that Sterling is racist.

They've all dealt with more racism than one stupid phone conversation between a sick manipulator and a drunk 80-year old.

:facepalm

wow.

really?

MavsSuperFan
04-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Nobody here would walk away from that racist's money.
Stop lying, you and me would take that money.

Some us might come with some bullshit justification though

Eg. **** Sterling, Lets win the championship anyways

MavsSuperFan
04-28-2014, 12:00 AM
can they walk away from the contract and give up whatever money/years is left?
I believe so, but they cant play for another nba team till their contract is up.

miggyme1
04-28-2014, 12:06 AM
Nobody here would walk away from that racist's money.
Stop lying, you and me would take that money.

Some us might come with some bullshit justification though

Eg. **** Sterling, Lets win the championship anyways

hell nah i wouldnt walk away from his money but come this summer id be on the phone with my agent and every nba team begging,pleading for a trade.

imo i think thats what could happen...after this season they leave...lakers might get cp3 after all. but this is only if sterling is still gonna be the owner which i think he will be...billionaires have and will always be above the law.....unless its federal....example.....bernie madoff

Droid101
04-28-2014, 12:06 AM
I bet 1/2 the league's owners are racist idiots.

Source: many white people are racist and don't get caught on tape spewing racist bullshit because they're not stupid.

Sterling is just an idiot.

KOBEisBaawlliin!
04-28-2014, 12:14 AM
None of them have ridiculous contracts and it would be like signing them before they came there.

Anyway the NBA will force that man out even if it takes lost revenue. The brand is tarnished. There is a more decorated team in LA. There are cities NBA- ready to be in function by next season.

Magic731
04-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Of course we would take the money.... These guys however already have millions in the bank. One game or whatever it is would not be too big of a loss for them. As for Sterling always being a racist... It becomes a completely different ball game when stuff like this hits the public.

Ethem
04-28-2014, 12:15 AM
It's not just about the money. This Clippers team is a legitimate title contender. Chris Paul has been in the league how long? This is probably the best team he's ever played on. To just walk away from the possibility of winning a championship ring just because some 80 year old rich white guy is racist (big surprise) would be pure insanity.

Pushxx
04-28-2014, 12:16 AM
:facepalm

wow.

really?

I should have said "it doesn't bother them."

They've dealt with enough racism in their lives. They know how the world works. It doesn't actually phase them.

I misspoke. Sorry.

KOBEisBaawlliin!
04-28-2014, 12:42 AM
MLB players fighting in WWII. I still believe Ali protested to duck recruitment and was scared to die.

16X
04-28-2014, 01:14 AM
They could forfeit, but that would make them look like huge hypocrits for being fine with his racism up until the media started caring. It would hurt Sterling financially, but the players would be hurting themselves financially and an act like this would ruin their reputations in the league and maybe ruin their entire careers.

This would also be shitting all over the fans, and I know most of the players probably don't give a damn about the fans, but still, the fans are the ones that make it possible for the players to live the lifestyles they do, and right now I'm sure they care a lot more about their team advancing in the Playoffs than the Sterling situation.

So yeah, if you want to piss off the fans beyond belief and ruin your careers just so a couple fools on CNN and TMZ will applaud you for a few days, go right ahead.

joeyjoejoe
04-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Don't be stupid, clips players and fans don't deserve to be punished we are more pissed qt Sterling then anyone

sd3035
04-28-2014, 01:45 AM
This whole thing is stupid, who cares if some guy is slightly racist

Phantom_Blue
04-28-2014, 01:47 AM
Such a tough situation for the players. Even in the possibility that it didn't bother them that much, they still have to make some kind of stand because of the subject and the history behind it.

I wonder what the backlash would be if Sterling said he hated Asians and Gays.

KDthunderup
04-28-2014, 01:48 AM
I bet 1/2 the league's owners are racist idiots.

Source: many white people are racist and don't get caught on tape spewing racist bullshit because they're not stupid.

Sterling is just an idiot.
You seriously think half the owners hate having black people at his games? :biggums:

KDthunderup
04-28-2014, 01:50 AM
This whole thing is stupid, who cares if some guy is slightly racist
:biggums: slightly?....

Everyone is probably a little racist in some way but this shit isnt just slight racism.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 02:02 AM
Sterling needs to go as soon as the Clipper's season is finished. It's not fair to the players to put this issue before their games. Sterling is a racist piece of shit but it's not like he's hurting anyone at the moment. Get his old ass out of here after they play out their season. Just ban him from games.

All of that said, I'd let Sterling call me whatever he wants for an NBA contract. I won't even post pictures after I bang his wife.

dubeta
04-28-2014, 02:07 AM
Why cant Sterling and all the players just hit up a bong together and sort out their differences? :confusedshrug:

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Why cant Sterling and all the players just hit up a bong together and sort out their differences? :confusedshrug:

He's all for that, as long as no one hears about it :cheers:

16X
04-28-2014, 02:13 AM
You seriously think half the owners hate having black people at his games? :biggums:
Someone didn't listen to the audio. Sterling said no such thing.

Phantom_Blue
04-28-2014, 02:16 AM
Sterling needs to go as soon as the Clipper's season is finished. It's not fair to the players to put this issue before their games. Sterling is a racist piece of shit but it's not like he's hurting anyone at the moment. Get his old ass out of here after they play out their season. Just ban him from games.

All of that said, I'd let Sterling call me whatever he wants for an NBA contract. I won't even post pictures after I bang his wife.

Yeah and that's what's interesting about all this. Let's say Sterling never did anything remotely racist, in fact what if he went to Africa and donated millions of dollars and saved the lives of many.

All of that is negated because of what he said in a phone conversation

So if his actions of being racist were known before all this, why are we only taking a stand now.

The players are in a no win situation. In the event that they really don't give a f*** because Sterling never treated them badly, they still have to say something because the public expects it.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 03:03 AM
Yeah and that's what's interesting about all this. Let's say Sterling never did anything remotely racist, in fact what if he went to Africa and donated millions of dollars and saved the lives of many.

All of that is negated because of what he said in a phone conversation

So if his actions of being racist were known before all this, why are we only taking a stand now.

The players are in a no win situation. In the event that they really don't give a f*** because Sterling never treated them badly, they still have to say something because the public expects it.

I don't know enough about Sterling for me to say one way or the other if he's actually this hateful racist or if he's just messed up in the head and full of ignorance, but I do know these rumors and in some cases open discussions on his racism have existed for awhile now. The league put up with it because there was no completely damning evidence like this.

I don't think they have a choice now, they gotta drop him.

PickernRoller
04-28-2014, 03:04 AM
Rivers and CP3 resigning and signing with the Lakers is the only legitimate stand against Sterling.