PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard is having a great series

Inferno
04-28-2014, 01:29 AM
No one (Lakers fans) should be calling him out for the Rockets being down 1. He's consistently knocked down shots and FT's ('cept for Game 1) down the stretch of every game. Why the hate? :confusedshrug:

KyleKong
04-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Anyone who says Houston's playoffs troubles are because of Howard is an idiot.

MavsSuperFan
04-28-2014, 01:31 AM
No one (Lakers fans) should be calling him out for the Rockets being down 1. He's consistently knocked down shots and FT's ('cept for Game 1) down the stretch of every game. Why the hate? :confusedshrug:
Agreed, too bad his team is full of chokers.

Harden is a choker.

AnaheimLakers24
empty

Milbuck
Dwight deserves MAYBE 5% of the blame. The guy has been a beast all series. He's had his fair share of mistakes but for the most part he's looked like the clear-cut best center in basketball. With the way he's been playing, there's no reason why they should be down 1-3 (almost swept).

inclinerator
he changed his freethrow shooting, he's not waiting there for 10 seconds anymore, going up quicker

PhutureDynasty
04-28-2014, 01:32 AM
I agree. Think they said he's shooting 62% from the charity stripe in the series.

Seems like that percentage goes up in crunch time too.

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2014, 01:32 AM
he hasnt been half as bad as he has been in the past, perhaps we can add these loses to his moral-victories resume

ImKobe
04-28-2014, 01:33 AM
He's been solid for the most part, though he did have some dumb plays in late games in this series.

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 01:33 AM
He should be getting ZERO blame.

The blame is on our poor team defense
Lins turnovers
Harden's shooting and bad decisions

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 01:36 AM
His two late blocks in fourth quarter were sick. He's mostly brought it this series and been surprisingly good on his late fourth quarter FTs. Dwight's shown up. Just an unfortunately tough conference he plays in.

brantonli
04-28-2014, 01:36 AM
Dwight has been awesome in this series, he's actually stepped up his game, blocked 2 crucial shots (ahem, erasing Harden's defensive mistakes), and is making his FTs are a respectable clip for a big man. Should be praised massively for his performance, his postups on Lopez and Aldridge are the only reason why the rocekts manage to tie the game in the end.

VIntageNOvel
04-28-2014, 01:39 AM

Lins turnovers

no tonight dwight was good i agree,
but its mainly because rolo fouled out
before that he got punkd out in 2-3 straight possession on both floor, thats when portland start catching up

Cold soul
04-28-2014, 01:44 AM
I dislike Howard but he has played great this series. No hate here. He deserves little blame for being down 3-1.

outbreak
04-28-2014, 01:46 AM
I hate dwight as much as the next person but I agree 100%, Dwights been solid for the rockets. All season he's been pretty good not just this series. It makes me sad having to stick up for Dwight when the lakers fanboys try and make out like he's been terrible, the guys a grade A douchebag but he's a good baller. Sure he could be much better if he learned some refined post moves but for what he is he is still a top centre and anyone who argues otherwise is just being silly and salty.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 01:47 AM
Dwight has had a nice series.

Harden is a joke that relies on the refs bailing him out. The guy should be a 3rd option like in OKC, sadly though the league has tried super hard to manufacture him into a star. He'll probably continue getting calls in the future, but when the playoffs roll around the dude folds because his style relies on bail out calls.

I don't feel bad for Howard, but he doesn't deserve the blame. Nah, just keep blaming the scapegoat Lin and giving everyone else a pass.

Jacks3
04-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Meh. Portland is single-covering him. They aren't concerned with how many he scores, because they know that Houston force-feeding him will lead to stagnation in their offense, and that's exactly what happened tonight.

Not impressed.

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2014, 01:48 AM
ok hold it right there guys, the howard love is already passing acceptable limits, feel like throwing up right now.. dwight might not be the problem this series but he is hardly the solution :applause:

MavsSuperFan
04-28-2014, 01:49 AM
ok hold it right there guys, the howard love is already passing acceptable limits, feel like throwing up right now.. dwight might not be the problem this series but he is hardly the solution :applause:
Laker fans still salty they got dumped.

If Howard really sucked, you guys would be over it by now

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2014, 01:50 AM
If Howard really sucked, you guys would be over it by now

true, hard to let go after a 1st round sweep as the 8th seed :rolleyes:

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 01:51 AM

Don't worry, we all know Dwight can't handle true pressure. Playing on the same team as Kobe was clearly too much for him. :applause:

He went to the Rockets so he could look good next to these chokers.

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Don't worry, we all know Dwight can't handle true pressure. Playing on the same team as Kobe was clearly too much for him. :applause:

He went to the Rockets so he could look good next to these chokers.

good plan, he narrowed it down to rockets quickly :applause:

SpecialQue
04-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Hurray for the Goddamned idiot!

Combat Wombat
04-28-2014, 02:05 AM
I hate him and his shit-eating grin but credit where credit is due.

He's been a beast for most of the series and if he had competent guards around him, the series would look very different.

Cold soul
04-28-2014, 02:08 AM

He's been a beast for most of the series and if he had competent guards around him, the series would look very different.

This ^^^. Dwight also been way better than usual with FT shooting.

Deuce Bigalow
04-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Playing like a more efficient, more clutch playoff Wilt Chamberlain.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 02:14 AM

People need to give Portland some credit. They have done a great job on Houston's perimeter. They don't double Howard, I think they can live with his 25 points 15 rebounds or whatever he's averaging as long as they contain the shooters. Working so far, up 3-1.

Everyone acting like Portland has been at Houston's mercy this whole series, looks the other way around to me. I never understood why people were crowning the Rockets as the much better team in the first place.

akts
04-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Dwight has been playing very well in the series. Anyone can see that, and he really surprised me in knocking down clutch freethrows.

As a Lakers Fan I hated to lose him. I knew he was gonna leave though, Dantoni and the roster we had/have was not going to fit him. He did what was best given the circumstances and I can understand it. I may not have liked it, but he did what was for him and his shot at winning now.

It must suck to try and do everything right and have it all feel like its coming down around you when you work your ass off. A few good free agent signings and a trade and they will be elite.

They need a coach though. Lionel Hollins comes to mind. I think he would work wonders on this team.
The games have all been tight, but I feel like the rockets are very tired when I watched them this last game. IF they can stretch it to a 7th game it really is anyone's game.

Best of Luck to Both teams.. this series has been the most entertaining to watch!

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 02:20 AM
People need to give Portland some credit. They have done a great job on Houston's perimeter. They don't double Howard, I think they can live with his 25 points 15 rebounds or whatever he's averaging as long as they contain the shooters. Working so far, up 3-1.

Everyone acting like Portland has been at Houston's mercy this whole series, looks the other way around to me. I never understood why people were crowning the Rockets as the much better team in the first place.

Although people on this board have given Stotts lots of grief, especially mid-game, this defensive scheme is working, as you said. Portland too could easily be down 3-1 b/c of the OTs, but they have gotten stops at key moments. They were a below average team defensively all season and I think that's why people felt the Rockets would win the series (me included- I thought HOU in 6).

Also, LMA had slumped after a ridic start earlier this year and he got hurt, so maybe that tempered some POR expectations. POR early in season feasted on inferior competition, then hit road blocks once the season got tougher. Big ups to that team and coaching staff though.

PickernRoller
04-28-2014, 02:22 AM
he hasnt been half as bad as he has been in the past, perhaps we can add these loses to his moral-victories resume

Quality post. :oldlol:

Mind you these idiots think Robin Lopez is decent comp.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 02:28 AM
Although people on this board have given Stotts lots of grief, especially mid-game, this defensive scheme is working, as you said. Portland too could easily be down 3-1 b/c of the OTs, but they have gotten stops at key moments. They were a below average team defensively all season and I think that's why people felt the Rockets would win the series (me included- I thought HOU in 6).

Also, LMA had slumped after a ridic start earlier this year and he got hurt, so maybe that tempered some POR expectations. POR early in season feasted on inferior competition, then hit road blocks once the season got tougher. Big ups to that team and coaching staff though.

This series is crazy close, and every game really could have gone to the other team. That said, you gotta have a plan and make sure it's working to even be in a close game when the playoffs come around.

I actually think McHale has made some decent adjustments in games 3 and 4. But Portland took control of the series and is now at a major advantage, I think Houston will take game 5 and Portland probably closes it out in 6.

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Quality post. :oldlol:

Mind you these idiots think Robin Lopez is decent comp.

lopez :facepalm , single covering nontheless, dwight gets zero respect from the blazers

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 02:34 AM
This series is crazy close, and every game really could have gone to the other team. That said, you gotta have a plan and make sure it's working to even be in a close game when the playoffs come around.

I actually think McHale has made some decent adjustments in games 3 and 4. But Portland took control of the series and is now at a major advantage, I think Houston will take game 4 and Portland probably closes it out in 6.
I did like McHale's gusty move playing Troy Daniels in last couple games. This dude is money for them! I think he feels plenty heat for his job now and is doing the absolute best he can to help this team win.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch these two teams play a ton this season (and resorted to reading Zach Lowe analyses) but I never felt Houston's players like each other as much as Portland's, and that makes a difference too imo. As in overall team chemistry and balance is in Portland's favor.

I agree on the outcome of the series- POR ends it Game 6 on its home floor. They're just doing more things right and their starters are playing really well.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 02:39 AM

Lins turnovers
1,4 TO per game:biggums:

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 02:44 AM
1,4 TO per game:biggums:
It seems they occur at some of the worst possible times for HOU though.

YouGotServed
04-28-2014, 03:53 AM
his FTs are money in the clutch and he's been a defensive juggernaut. he's having a great series. Howard haters will bash him no matter what. I don't really care if he gets credit or not but he's been amazing and the only consistent player for Houston so far.

Combat Wombat
04-28-2014, 04:04 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm not taking anything away from Portland. Lamarcus Aldridge has been on a whole new level as has Lillard. They saw the opportunity and took it. But you have to acknowledge that most of the games could have gone either way.

I'm personally hoping they go on to win the whole thing because there is nothing better than seeing the underdogs prevail.

It also helps that Portland have a very likable team outside of Mo Williams.

:cheers:

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 04:08 AM
Dwight is doing well. He is proving haters wrong.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 04:19 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not taking anything away from Portland. Lamarcus Aldridge has been on a whole new level as has Lillard. They saw the opportunity and took it. But you have to acknowledge that most of the games could have gone either way.

I'm personally hoping they go on to win the whole thing because there is nothing better than seeing the underdogs prevail.

It also helps that Portland have a very likable team outside of Mo Williams.

:cheers:

Word :cheers:

Agreed the games could have gone either way. Portland seems to always be coming from behind though, they tighten things up as the game goes on.

BlazerRed
04-28-2014, 04:38 AM
Dwight should have a huge series against Portland ROLO CAN'T defender thE post for SHIT! Good at othe

SCdac
04-28-2014, 05:54 AM
He's been the only consistent Rocket, playing with alot of effort, and bringing it on defense. Definitely an elite shot blocker still. Athletically, he's looked as good as ever since returning from injury. Shame the Rockets haven't perfected the pick and roll between him and Harden (it's getting there, but Harden seems selfish).

but as others have said, Portland can live with him going one-on-one because it really goes away from the Rockets normal high octane free flowing offense of either attacking in transition or gunning for 3's. and Howard gets 1 assist, maybe 2 a game (not an above average passer or playmaker in the post).

When he catches the ball in the post he's either backing down his man successfully while all the Rockets watch (is it just me or does Harden seem unhappy/reluctant to go to Howard in the post late-game?), getting sent to the FT line (great gamble for the Blazers) or turning the ball over (when Dwight picks the ball up/tries to dribble he's easily flustered). Lopez has played him great, and Matthews picked the ball from him while posting up in the beginning of OT in game 4.

If you're Portland, you'd rather the ball be in Dwight's hands than Harden. In many ways, the Blazers are guarding him the way the 2011 Hawks did. Single coverage. Collapse on him when need be. Stay home on the shooters. In that series, Dwight scored well, but totaled 33 turnovers and 3 assists.

Dwight's shotblocking and defense has been solid, but it's a shame he's on a crappy defensive team. Rockets have had the worst defensive rating of all the playoff teams (giving up 114.6 points per 100 possessions). Sometimes feel Howard chose the wrong team (young, run and gun, team), but Houston would be dumb not to adapt around him the upcoming seasons. Fire Mchale in the process, get Harden to play defense... if even possible.

ShackEelOKneel
04-28-2014, 06:42 AM
I am pleased with Dwight's performance. Just a shame we won't have much bigs left in the playoffs after the 1st round.

Nick Young
04-28-2014, 07:19 AM
http://www.warhistoryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ku-xlarge2.gif

ShackEelOKneel
04-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Dwight should have a huge series against Portland ROLO CAN'T defender thE post for SHIT! Good at othe

Barbeque chicken!

Nick Young
04-28-2014, 07:51 AM
his FTs are money in the clutch and he's been a defensive juggernaut. he's having a great series. Howard haters will bash him no matter what. I don't really care if he gets credit or not but he's been amazing and the only consistent player for Houston so far.
defensive juggernaut=houston getting lit up every game:bowdown:

CelticBaller
04-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Anyone who says Houston's playoffs troubles are because of Howard is an idiot.
This

Heavincent
04-28-2014, 11:59 AM
He has clearly been outclassed by LMA, but he's been the Rockets best player by far.

Le Shaqtus
04-28-2014, 12:08 PM
The salty Laker fans can eat shit.

Howard has been great this series, none of these losses should be blamed on him. He gets hacked and still makes his crunch time free throws.

Nick Young
04-28-2014, 12:09 PM
The salty Laker fans can eat shit.

Howard has been great this series, none of these losses should be blamed on him. He gets hacked and still makes his crunch time free throws.
what a legend:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://www.warhistoryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ku-xlarge2.gif
:lol

Cladyclad
04-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Well Coward was a huge factor in the Game 1 loss.
1. Disrupted the teams flow with the hack a Coward
2. Missed easy bunny
3. Failed to secure a rebound in clutch time

But as laker fan it pains me to say this Coward has been balling

Rubio2Gasol
04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
He's been good, but Aldridge been better so whatever.

DMAVS41
04-28-2014, 01:32 PM
He's been good, but great? Nah...LMA has been great.

LMA has been better than Howard...so it's hard to say Howard has had a great series.

However, Howard has played well and unfortunately Harden has really just been a bum.

When you combine that kind of chucking...dribble dribble dribble offense with perhaps the most inept defense and effort I've ever seen defensively in the playoffs from a star player...and you get these results.

Harden is officially a clown and a fraud until he decides to give effort defensively...it's pathetic.

Nick Young
04-28-2014, 01:44 PM
He's been good, but great? Nah...LMA has been great.

LMA has been better than Howard...so it's hard to say Howard has had a great series.

However, Howard has played well and unfortunately Harden has really just been a bum.

When you combine that kind of chucking...dribble dribble dribble offense with perhaps the most inept defense and effort I've ever seen defensively in the playoffs from a star player...and you get these results.

Harden is officially a clown and a fraud until he decides to give effort defensively...it's pathetic.
Howard left Kobe to play next to a worse Kobe who chucks more and sucks at defense XD