PDA

View Full Version : Will Houston fire McHale??

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 03:05 AM
Coach McHale, also knon as Coach McFail, is on the edge of getting beat in 5 by the Blazers with Harden Howard and a stacked supporting cast of young an talented players. he is probably the worst coach in the NBa in coaching defense and making ingame adjustments.
he installed a me first hero ball mentality into his team.
he doesnt care about defense since harden is still the worst defender in the league and parsons got worse ond efense every year( he was once a good defender).
hes one of the worst coaches, if not the worst, in the league.
will he be fired if they lose to portland or will the Rockets keep him??
his contract expires anyway after this season:coleman:

YouGotServed
04-28-2014, 03:08 AM
copy paste from the GT:

McHale has been good past 2 games. Unfortunately that isn't enough. You don't let things slide (harden playing 0 defense, no offensive sets just run and gun, no defense) for 82 games and then suddenly expect the team to turn it around in less than a week.

I believe a lot of the McHale hate is unwarranted. u can only do so much. but what are you supposed to do when your players don't respect you?

McHale needs to go. bring somebody who will hold harden accountable for not playing defense and taking bad shots.

Cocaine80s
04-28-2014, 03:08 AM
lets be real, if Lin was starting you wouldnt give a **** about Mchale

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 03:11 AM
lets be real, if Lin was starting you wouldnt give a **** about Mchale
i gave a fck last season too.
he constantly made lin a spot up shooter and took the ball away from him. made harden a hero baller. Lin averaging 13/6 was amazing
even tho even rockets fans agreed they had their best games when lin ran the offense and harden played in the flow.
Lin and harden had some straight up amazing games together last season. no reason for mcfail to give lins job to a MUCH inferior player.
but that isnt all and the points i mentioned are all facts.
no they will lose in 5 probably so they will be even worse than last year even tho howard was added and all the young players got a year older:biggums: :biggums:

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 03:12 AM
I want him gone. I want a coach like George Karl or Lionel Hollins

Cocaine80s
04-28-2014, 03:13 AM
he constantly made lin a spot up shooter and took the ball away from him. made harden a hero baller. Lin averaging 13/6 was amazing
even tho even rockets fans agreed they had their best games when lin ran the offense and harden played in the flow.
Lin and harden had some straight up amazing games together last season. no reason for mcfail to give lins job to a MUCH inferior player.
no they will lose in 5 probably so they will be even worse than last year even tho howard was added and all the young players got a year older:biggums: :biggums:
why you so upset tho? You said yourself u wanted Houston to lose

JimmyMcAdocious
04-28-2014, 03:14 AM
George Karl gets way too bad of a rap on this board, but he would be terrible for this roster.

YouGotServed
04-28-2014, 03:15 AM
I want him gone. I want a coach like George Karl or Lionel Hollins

lol no. George Karl is terrible. Just ask Nugget fans.

disel
04-28-2014, 03:15 AM
Hopefully he and the orientel disaster are both gone for the Rockets fans sake an sanity. To have to put up with those two next season as well will be to much.

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 03:17 AM
I want him fired regardless, but he has done a better job on Aldridge in games 3 and 4. He looked like he deserved fired after the first 2 games, and the last 2 may have saved his ass, but I still want him gone.

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 03:18 AM
lol no. George Karl is terrible. Just ask Nugget fans.
Lettuce get Lionel Hollins then

T_L_P
04-28-2014, 03:18 AM
copy paste from the GT:

McHale has been good past 2 games. Unfortunately that isn't enough. You don't let things slide (harden playing 0 defense, no offensive sets just run and gun, no defense) for 82 games and then suddenly expect the team to turn it around in less than a week.

I believe a lot of the McHale hate is unwarranted. u can only do so much. but what are you supposed to do when your players don't respect you?

McHale needs to go. bring somebody who will hold harden accountable for not playing defense and taking bad shots.

"WCF lock"

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 03:25 AM
ESPN had a story recently (I think by Marc Stein) saying that Morey thinks McHale deserved another shot with this team, especially given the personal issues he's faced. Granted, that story ran before they were down 3-1. Also, didn't Dwight say he wanted to play for McHale, based on his great run as a player? Stuff's probs changed after a full season under him tho.

I feel bad for the guy. If they lose in 5, he'll get a lot of heat to not return. If they get a guy like Hollins, he'll def hold Harden more accountable. He dogged Conley, which was good for him. He also didn't tolerate Lowry (I think he was HC during that time) and he got shipped out. I'm unsure how he'll do offensively with this roster. He says he's more open to a space/pace type of system now that he's had some time off. Keep in mind he's not pro-analytics, which might be why Morey won't hire him.

Karl, although a nice guy, is simply not right for this roster. If he were to coach any team, it'd be GSW imo. Doubt he'd get that job (esp with Iggy there lol).

I almost think SVG gets the most out of Dwight. He's to Dwight what Jackson was to Kobe. This is mean, but I guess it works right? I mean one grouping won lots of rings and the other didn't together lol. Not sure if Howard would be up for a SVG reunion, but that guy's too good to not coach next season imo

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 03:27 AM
Lettuce get Lionel Hollins then

I'm down with that. He is also familiar with using bigs, while also getting ball movement. He even got former black hole, Zach Randolph, to become a team player.

YouGotServed
04-28-2014, 03:29 AM
Stan Van Gundy is the ideal coach.

Inferno
04-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Hard to not feel for the guy though. His mom and daughter died few months apart, and he just looks dejected all the time.

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Stan Van Gundy is the ideal coach.
Doesn't Dwight hate him though?

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 03:34 AM
Hard to not feel for the guy though. His mom and daughter died few months apart, and he just looks dejected all the time.
It was a year apart but yeah I feel bad for him and all. Hes a good guy and I like him as a person but he's just not a good coach.

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 03:34 AM
They've apparently gotten back on decent terms. Last season they spoke to each other privately not infrequently.

I think SVG creates solid offensive sets, nice plays out of timeouts, and preaches D. I mean Dwight did win 3 DPOYs surrounded by Jameer, Turk, & Lewis.

EDIT: McHale seemed so happy on TNT when he joined them. I do feel really bad for him. Maybe going back to an analyst job wouldn't be that bad since it's much less stressful

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 03:36 AM
They've apparently gotten back on decent terms. Last season they spoke to each other privately not infrequently.

I think SVG creates solid offensive sets, nice plays out of timeouts, and preaches D. I mean Dwight did win 3 DPOYs surrounded by Jameer, Turk, & Lewis.

EDIT: McHale seemed so happy on TNT when he joined them. I do feel really bad for him. Maybe going back to an analyst job wouldn't be that bad since it's much less stressful
True. He also got to the finals with that squad.

YouGotServed
04-28-2014, 03:36 AM

they apparently made up. there's 0 chance stan coaches this team. it was just a thought.

hollins is the next option. I dunno if he'll want to coach Houston considering him and Morey are polar opposites in the way they approach the game.

shoops
04-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Meh...he's a nice guy and all but he just ain't a good coach so he should go. I mean I'd rather he be one of those assistant coaches to train Howard or whatever...just not HC...it's too much for him. And I think that's his natural facial expression lol.

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 03:38 AM
True. He also got to the finals with that squad.
That series against Cleveland had Mike Brown utterly clueless. Coached a heck of a pre-Finals playoff run. If he didn't re-insert Nelson back into starting line-up after he returned from injury (which killed chemistry), they may have had a better shot at pushing LAL more that series

Yankstar
04-28-2014, 06:05 AM

Lin choked the game away doe :facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Lin choked the game away doe :facepalm
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Yankstar
04-28-2014, 06:12 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Turnovers son. Obviously lin is a choker and unclutch as f**K. He needs to get into coaching and use that Harvard education of his... ****:no:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Turnovers son. Obviously lin is a choker and unclutch as f**K. He needs to get into coaching and use that Harvard education of his... ****:no:
5/6 in the two overtimes this series he played in, scored 12 of rockets 24 OT points:applause: :applause:

Yankstar
04-28-2014, 07:10 AM
5/6 in the two overtimes this series he played in, scored 12 of rockets 24 OT points:applause: :applause:

Who won? Let me guess not lins fault. Bad team mates. Bad coach. :rant