PDA

View Full Version : The reason why OKC didn't pay Harden the max:

russwest0
04-28-2014, 04:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fn0P1Ax.png

Harden getting mad at Dwight for post ups and yall think he was a good fit playing with Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka in OKC :roll:

andremiller07
04-28-2014, 04:22 AM
Is that not the same guy Beno Udrih schooled the prior two games to his out burst?

Im Still Ballin
04-28-2014, 04:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fn0P1Ax.png

Harden getting mad at Dwight for post ups and yall think he was a good fit playing with Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka in OKC :roll:

he was great at being a 6th man. he don't have enough tricks in the bag to be a franchise player in the play offs.

Cocaine80s
04-28-2014, 04:29 AM
Is that not the same guy Beno Udrih schooled the prior two games to his out burst?
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1342/91/1342913967758.gif

Dresta
04-28-2014, 04:43 AM
Harden has a PER of 15 while routinely hijacking the Rockets offense. He is the only reason they are losing really. What a useless piece of shit.

Threethrows
04-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Harden has a PER of 15 while routinely hijacking the Rockets offense. He is the only reason they are losing really. What a useless piece of shit.

That's with the last 2 games bringing it up, he was awful in the first 2 but has improved. He's still making some really crappy decisions and is extremely allergic to defense unless the ball bounces into his hand somehow on one of his desperate swipes he occasionally puts adequate effort into physically, and technically completing.

This guy is a huge artificially manufactured sham of a star. He had a historically good efficient season riding the coattails of Durant and Westbrook and benefiting off of the attention they receive. Then this advanced stat obsessed GM of his thought he could moneyball his way to a championship. Harden embraced it and fooled people into thinking he's a great player because the advanced stats say so. Context be damned.

What they fail to understand is that all of the great players save for a few overpowering bigs were great because they COULD and DID take the hard shots and said **** you to stats. Those are the shots that destroy focused defenses, it's because they worked on those super hard shots that they were really great players.

Harden looks for the easy shots and the bail outs. When things don't go his way he just makes a fool of himself.

So great, his efficiency is high! This style hurts him in the playoffs though. Another thing he and his GM fail to realize is that openly admitting you play an extremely simplified and predictable offensive game means opposing playoff defenses can prepare for that much easier than if you actually had a real game. This is why he looks bad in the playoffs compared to the regular season. Teams get more time to closely study his tendencies and avoid his foul drawing moves.

If it wasn't for the media hype and the attempt to make a star out of this guy he would be treated like most 1 trick pony chuckers.

He's a talented enough guy to go off on any given night I'll give him that, but he's no superstar, and not a guy I would want "leading" my team. I used to love watching The Rockets, can't stand them anymore though, 90% because of this guy.

Real14
04-28-2014, 05:32 AM
I aint guna lie okla was dumb az hell for letting "tha beard" go:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 05:36 AM
I aint guna lie okla was dumb az hell for letting "tha beard" go:coleman:
:facepalm :facepalm

Real14
04-28-2014, 05:41 AM
:facepalm :facepalm
:coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
04-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Still lmao at these OKC fans defending the Harden trade. It will end up costing you any chance of title :oldlol:

VIntageNOvel
04-28-2014, 09:48 AM
i dont get it, whats the connection between harden trade and reggie jackson, he already in the team before the trade, drafted by the okc, from 2011,

harden could be traded to a quality big (instead a bag of chips) and r.jackson would still be the same reggie jackson we see today

ThunderKat
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
OKC wanted to keep Harden, but they had to have Ibaka. Harden wanted a max deal and they just couldn't make it happen. They could get close to the max, but they couldn't give him a 5 year deal. If we had Harden off the bench right now I would like our chances against anyone.

wally_world
04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
OKC wanted to keep Harden, but they had to have Ibaka. Harden wanted a max deal and they just couldn't make it happen. They could get close to the max, but they couldn't give him a 5 year deal. If we had Harden off the bench right now I would like our chances against anyone.

This. It's obviously a loss for OKC talent-wise, but it was a future move. Nobody knew Harden was gonna be THIS good either. And had we kept him, he would definitely not implode to the star he is today playing behind KD and Westbrook.

toooo
04-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Still lmao at these OKC fans defending the Harden trade. It will end up costing you any chance of title :oldlol:

This is wrong. Harden = garbage.

In the last few seconds of a game 4, McFail draws up a play for a rookie who's played 1 playoff game and only a handful of regular season games. Rookie > harden.

imdaman99
04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Harden on OKC was very good, but he was never going to average 25 pts there. He is not 100% committed to winning, even now on his own team he isn't. If he was, he would give it his all on defense. I'm not saying OKC got fair value back, especially since Scott Brooks will not play these guys. Harden would have been extremely helpful against the Grizz, another guy that could get his own shot while KD and RW are struggling. But they couldn't afford to keep him. Not that keeping Ibaka over him was the right move, but I can see why they did it.

jbryan1984
04-28-2014, 11:07 AM
I have said before... yes it was smart to keep Ibaka over Harden because you need his D and already had established scorers.. However, I have no idea why Perk wasnt dumped to make room for Harden. Perk is worthless and sooooo over paid. Look at his averages. I would of dumped him, signed Harden and then went shopping in the D league for centers. Earl Barron, Chris Johnson, hell start Thabeet. Just a big body cause thats all Perk is anyway.

DMAVS41
04-28-2014, 01:26 PM

No way.

What is hurting them right now is Presti sitting on all their assets rather than going for the title.

Could have signed a real player...not Caron Butler. That has nothing to do with the Harden trade at all. Presti just loves draft picks so much...which is fine, but when you are on the cusp of a title and have a legit weakness at sg and center...and you have the assets to address those easily. It's a mistake not to.

If the Thunder lose...it will be because of that.

I really can't believe people watch these games and conclude that what the Thunder are missing...is James Harden. A no defense playing ball dominant chucker...that is going to clash with WB and Durant in terms of chemistry...especially WB. It's literally the last thing they would want or need.

They need a guy like Afflalo or a better center...last thing this team needs is James Harden.

They'd probably be done in this series with Harden to be honest.

DMAVS41
04-28-2014, 01:28 PM
I have said before... yes it was smart to keep Ibaka over Harden because you need his D and already had established scorers.. However, I have no idea why Perk wasnt dumped to make room for Harden. Perk is worthless and sooooo over paid. Look at his averages. I would of dumped him, signed Harden and then went shopping in the D league for centers. Earl Barron, Chris Johnson, hell start Thabeet. Just a big body cause thats all Perk is anyway.

Perk should have been dumped, but not to keep Harden. Harden has no place on this Thunder team in my opinion.

They should have amnestied Perkins and gone after a real center or a better fit at sg so Thabo could play his role better.

If they win the title...it won't matter because they are in great shape for next year and after.

But if they lose...it's a wasted year.

Usually these things aren't results oriented, but in this case it is.

Jameerthefear
04-28-2014, 01:31 PM
OKC isn't going anywhere. Will probably lose in the 1st

LakersForlife
04-28-2014, 01:34 PM
perk is the biggest trash starter in the league along with trash hibbert cant wait for indy - hawks game

GimmeThat
04-28-2014, 01:48 PM
because they had to keep Ibaka as previous poster mentioned.

which is just another example that having valuable picks and rookie contracts help, but quite difficult to keep all, especially if most of them were lottery picks and developed as expected.

There are reasons why championship franchise tends to find value in the second round, in order to keep its run continued.

russwest0
04-28-2014, 01:54 PM
OKC isn't going anywhere. Will probably lose in the 1st

I think what people don't realize is OKC's toughest matchup in the West this year is in the first round... If they can beat the Grizzlies then it only gets easier from here.

red1
04-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Reggie is that dude. You cant put a price on heart and desire and harden is clearly lacking in those categories. Still a bad trade but not nearly as bad as this board claims

SilkkTheShocker
04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
I think what people don't realize is OKC's toughest matchup in the West this year is in the first round... If they can beat the Grizzlies then it only gets easier from here.

Easier time from there? Miami would probably sweep OKC

ATL_Bball_King
04-28-2014, 02:06 PM
OKC had to let Harden go because of Ibaka and future, and OKC does not need 3 people that needs the ball in their hand to be the most effective. Not getting anything for Harden was their biggest mistake.

But trash talking Harden in this thread is kinda crazy. He took a team with Jeremy Lin as a selling point and made them into a playoff team in one year, being a sixth man the year before.

They had 3 overtimes to be up or at least tied the series but could not get the job done, they have no excuses, But Portland outplaying them. Harden is still very young an has alot to learn.

Ishokace sports

Rocketswin2013
04-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Harden on OKC was very good, but he was never going to average 25 pts there. He is not 100% committed to winning, even now on his own team he isn't. If he was, he would give it his all on defense. I'm not saying OKC got fair value back, especially since Scott Brooks will not play these guys. Harden would have been extremely helpful against the Grizz, another guy that could get his own shot while KD and RW are struggling. But they couldn't afford to keep him. Not that keeping Ibaka over him was the right move, but I can see why they did it.
I agree with this.

Rocketswin2013
04-28-2014, 02:08 PM
OKC had to let Harden go because of Ibaka and future, and OKC does not need 3 people that needs the ball in their hand to be the most effective. Not getting anything for Harden was their biggest mistake.

But trash talking Harden in this thread is kinda crazy. He took a team with Jeremy Lin as a selling point and made them into a playoff team in one year, being a sixth man the year before.

They had 3 overtimes to be up or at least tied the series but could not get the job done, they have no excuses, But Portland outplaying them. Harden is still very young an has alot to learn.

Ishokace sports
And I agree with this

russwest0
04-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Have you guys watched Lamb and Adams when they have gotten minutes, like at all?

This same Grizzlies team that Brooks refuses to play Lamb vs, Lamb scored 18 points vs early in the year, on 7-8 shooting. One game without Perkins vs the Pistons Adams was given like 33 minutes and put up 17 points and shut down Andre Drummond on defense.

They are both good young players who will replace Thabo and Perkins in 1-2 years, because you don't see Brooks trusting them in the playoffs yet doesn't mean OKC got "nothing" in the Harden trade.

And if Westbrook doesn't go down last year that Kevin Martin rental is probably the difference that allows OKC to win the chip. Plus OKC has a Dallas first rounder this year that has yet to be used.

And how, just how do you see both Harden and Reggie able to get enough minutes to be as productive as they are capable? How do you see Serge Ibaka getting 15 PPG this year with Harden still in the picture? KD 32 PPG?

This notion that OKC got "nothing," for Harden, started by clowns like Bill Simmons, is absurd.

shortsoptional
04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
I keep reading that it was a choice of Ibaka over Harden...

And a few people brought up... "why don't you amnesty Perkins and keep Harden?"

No one has given an answer to that.

You keep Harden, he's, at worst, the best 6th man in the league, helping close out games (he was OKC's best playmaker with the ball at the end of games) and if you aren't winning in a few years, I bet you could have traded him all the same to Houston or countless other teams.

Instead, you broke up the most talented young trio (Heat aren't young) in the league and lessened their chance at a chip to keep a 20 minute a night big man in an increasingly small ball league.

russwest0
04-28-2014, 02:28 PM
I keep reading that it was a choice of Ibaka over Harden...

And a few people brought up... "why don't you amnesty Perkins and keep Harden?"

No one has given an answer to that.

You keep Harden, he's, at worst, the best 6th man in the league, helping close out games (he was OKC's best playmaker with the ball at the end of games) and if you aren't winning in a few years, I bet you could have traded him all the same to Houston or countless other teams.

Instead, you broke up the most talented young trio (Heat aren't young) in the league and lessened their chance at a chip to keep a 20 minute a night big man in an increasingly small ball league.

Do tell me what Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Reggie each average playing together...

Oh, and amnestying Perkins plus not having the Rockets draft pick to get Steven Adams means scrubby ass Hasheem ****ing Thabeet is starting at center.

DMAVS41
04-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Do tell me what Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka/Reggie each average playing together...

Oh, and amnestying Perkins plus not having the Rockets draft pick to get Steven Adams means scrubby ass Hasheem ****ing Thabeet is starting at center.

Reggie Jackson wouldn't even be playing on that team likely. It would be spot minutes at best.

And the chemistry issues between WB/Durant/Harden would have gotten out of control....they already started causing problems in 2011 and 2012...

Rocketswin2013
04-28-2014, 02:39 PM
This is becoming as old as talking about the decision. He's gone, it's over, OKC hada good problem, and the problem was having too many good players.

Period. :sleeping

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 02:42 PM
PERK is SINGLEANDEDLY keeping them in the series against the Grizzlies.
while Durant and westbrook shit the bed every night, he play ELITe defense against Gasol and Randolph, making Randolph look fat and useless.
it can be argued hes their best player so far in the playoffs.
i

russwest0
04-28-2014, 03:35 PM
It's funny how Silkk saw Mike Miller get open 3 after open 3 with Harden on him in the Finals yet still acts like OKC ****ed up bigtime or some shit.

I think he just wants Harden to still be on OKC because he knows Miami always shuts that bitch down on offense and torches him on defense rendering him useless in a finals matchup.