PDA

View Full Version : Lakers, Twolves, Rockets 3way trade

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 05:11 AM
apparently this trade isn't possible, delete.

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 05:12 AM
Wolves get anally violated in both trades.

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 05:19 AM
Wolves get anally violated in both trades.

They are losing Love regardless so they don't have much of a hand to bargain with. Throw them some filler players, or trade for cash assets, or they can get a draft pick. Dieng looks VERY promising as well so they're going to have to move either Pek or Dieng, and looking at the contracts I'd guess Pek.

Like I said, this trade isn't perfect but it's about moving the BIG contracts.

Smook A.
04-28-2014, 05:19 AM
So Wolves give away Kevin Love and only get back Pau Gasol. That's horrible for them

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 05:21 AM
So Wolves give away Kevin Love and only get back Pau Gasol. That's horrible for them

Edited to include draft picks. We ALL know the Twolves aren't contending with this team, they need to do it through the draft and developing young guys like Dieng, Muhammed, etc. Plus K Love is out of Minny anyway, we all know it. The worst thing you can do is lose a player for NOTHING.

Cocaine80s
04-28-2014, 05:22 AM
why Lin when lakers have Marshall?

fiddy
04-28-2014, 05:26 AM
No. Bye.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 05:28 AM
why Lin when lakers have Marshall?
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 05:31 AM
No. Bye.

You need to move Pau. What, you think the Spurs are gonna take him for Tim Duncan? The Kings are gonna take on Pau's $20m contract in exchange for $5m of Demarcus Cousins? :roll:

You can either take something like Lin+Asik (or Pekovic)... or you can take Amar'e Stoudemire :oldlol:

PickernRoller
04-28-2014, 05:33 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/85/858372fa3447018a5290b7640ab59f62dbdbd704db1c3f8737 b88a218c8a89ba.jpg

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 05:36 AM
They are losing Love regardless so they don't have much of a hand to bargain with. Throw them some filler players, or trade for cash assets, or they can get a draft pick. Dieng looks VERY promising as well so they're going to have to move either Pek or Dieng, and looking at the contracts I'd guess Pek.

Like I said, this trade isn't perfect but it's about moving the BIG contracts.

T-Wolves may not get equal value, but they sure as hell aren't trading Love for Pau. Pau, at his age, does nothing for a franchise in T-Wolves position (and Pau wouldn't agree to a sign and trade to them anyway).

As for your edit, it is just lazy to say "plus draft picks" when the trade is not close to being realistic. When it is that far away, you need to specify what types of draft picks are being traded, because T-Wolves sure as hell aren't trading for just some random 2nd rounders, it would have to be significant picks. So tell me, please, what are these "picks" that the Wolves are getting that makes them complete such trades?

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 05:38 AM
T-Wolves may not get equal value, but they sure as hell aren't trading Love for Pau. Pau, at his age, does nothing for a franchise in T-Wolves position (and Pau wouldn't agree to a sign and trade to them anyway).

As for your edit, it is just lazy to say "plus draft picks" when the trade is not close to being realistic. When it is that far away, you need to specify what types of draft picks are being traded, because T-Wolves sure as hell aren't trading for just some random 2nd rounders, it would have to be significant picks. So tell me, please, what are these "picks" that the Wolves are getting that makes them complete such trades?

The Rockets can give Minny a 1st rounder in exchange for Love, and they get Pau from the Lakers. That's VERY fair for the Rockets, losing a 1st rd pick for Love. Getting rid of Lin and Asik is doing the Rockets a huge favor so it makes sense for them to give up a first round pick in return.

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 05:39 AM
Also, you aren't considering contracts and their lengths, because this trade machine is based on the 2013-14 season, and that year on the contracts is ending.

fiddy
04-28-2014, 05:46 AM
You need to move Pau. What, you think the Spurs are gonna take him for Tim Duncan? The Kings are gonna take on Pau's $20m contract in exchange for $5m of Demarcus Cousins? :roll:

You can either take something like Lin+Asik (or Pekovic)... or you can take Amar'e Stoudemire :oldlol:
Or we can let him walk away. Hes a free agent you know.

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 05:47 AM
The Rockets can give Minny a 1st rounder in exchange for Love, and they get Pau from the Lakers. That's VERY fair for the Rockets, losing a 1st rd pick for Love. Getting rid of Lin and Asik is doing the Rockets a huge favor so it makes sense for them to give up a first round pick in return.

Are you trolling? Why would Pau want to play for T-Wolves (he is a free agent, he wouldn't agree to sign and trade). An old Pau, who does nothing for the future of the franchise, which is where they should concentrate since they are a lottery team, and a 13th pick wouldn't cut it anyway. Pau is worthless to T-Wolves (and wouldn't sign anyway as I said) plus a 13th pick for a top PF in the league? You are dim, aren't you?

Edit: ****, 13th pick is what T-Wolves already have. Rockets only have a mid 20 pick of their own to trade :facepalm:

SwishSquared
04-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Gasol is not going to play in Minny. He's going to a contending team so he can get back to a playoff team that can make some noise. He's an UFA and will make sure he's on a winner. He's not doing a S-and-T to a lottery team.

In the 2nd proposal, you have Minny's two best players leaving for Asik + Gasol + Picks. If Minny is going to trade Love + Pek, they can get more than Asik + Gasol + picks. Asik/Gasol cannot play together, that much I'm sure of. Also Dieng might be their C of the future. They're gonna lose Asik next summer in that scenario when he hits UFA.

Those deals are awesome for Rockets fans, but don't do much else for anyone. Lakers need offensive firepower and Lin/Pek can bring that, but do LAL want to pay Pek $12M/yr when he cannot play any defense? A line-up featuring Lin-Kobe-Pek will be terrible defensively.

If Minny wants the best trade package, they're sending him to Boston for Bass/Green + Bradley in S&T + Sully/KO + this year's lotto pick + future Brooklyn pick.
EDIT: BOS sends Bogans non-guaranteed deal in exchange for JJ Barea's expiring deal also

They could also trade Pek to OKC this off-season for Perkins' expiring, both of OKC's 2014 first rounders, and potentially one of their young wing guys. Then buy-out Perkins, draft well, and tank their way to a top 2015 draft pick.

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 05:50 AM
25th to be exact. Many years, those picks are traded down for 2nd rounders just to avoid guaranteed contracts. Worthless, garbage proposal.

Ball So Harden
04-28-2014, 05:53 AM
Gasol is not going to play in Minny. He's going to a contending team so he can get back to a playoff team that can make some noise. He's an UFA and will make sure he's on a winner. He's not doing a S-and-T to a lottery team.

In the 2nd proposal, you have Minny's two best players leaving for Asik + Gasol + Picks. If Minny is going to trade Love + Pek, they can get more than Asik + Gasol + picks. Asik/Gasol cannot play together, that much I'm sure of. Also Dieng might be their C of the future. They're gonna lose Asik next summer in that scenario when he hits UFA.

Those deals are awesome for Rockets fans, but don't do much else for anyone. Lakers need offensive firepower and Lin/Pek can bring that, but do LAL want to pay Pek $12M/yr when he cannot play any defense? A line-up featuring Lin-Kobe-Pek will be terrible defensively.

If Minny wants the best trade package, they're sending him to Boston for Bass/Green + Bradley in S&T + Sully/KO + this year's lotto pick + future Brooklyn pick.

They could also trade Pek to OKC this off-season for Perkins' expiring, both of OKC's 2014 first rounders, and potentially one of their young wing guys. Then buy-out Perkins, draft well, and tank their way to a top 2015 draft pick.

Agreed. OP's trades are so bad, and it is mind-boggling that he is actually arguing that they are reasonable for the Wolves :facepalm

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 05:58 AM
Are you trolling? Why would Pau want to play for T-Wolves (he is a free agent, he wouldn't agree to sign and trade). An old Pau, who does nothing for the future of the franchise, which is where they should concentrate since they are a lottery team, and a 13th pick wouldn't cut it anyway. Pau is worthless to T-Wolves (and wouldn't sign anyway as I said) plus a 13th pick for a top PF in the league? You are dim, aren't you?

Edit: ****, 13th pick is what T-Wolves already have. Rockets only have a mid 20 pick of their own to trade :facepalm:

Rockets would be giving the 1st rounder to Minny... not LA. Read more carefully next time.

But **** it. Anytime there's a trade proposal on this site everyone says it's retarded. You don't like this trade, it doesn't work, I get. Come up with your own better trade proposals then. Or better yet, find some ways to tweak this so the Twolves come out better.

@SwishSquared, I was operating under the impression that LA is going for another good lottery pick next year. They cannot contend with Kobe + Nash's contracts, unless Kobe returns to 2012 form or better, plus they are re-signing D'antoni. Nash is a money vampire at this point anyway. The Lakers HAVE to be going for another lottery pick.

Also, before anyone asks why I'm not involving my own team in this trade... I do NOT do trades involving the Warriors because they all sound something like "Anthony Davis for Festus Ezeli" :lol

fiddy
04-28-2014, 06:04 AM
Rockets would be giving the 1st rounder to Minny... not LA. Read more carefully next time.

But **** it. Anytime there's a trade proposal on this site everyone says it's retarded. You don't like this trade, it doesn't work, I get. Come up with your own better trade proposals then.

@SwishSquared, I was operating under the impression that LA is going for another good lottery pick next year. I mean they cannot contend with Kobe + Nash's contracts, unless Kobe returns to 2012 form or better.

Also, before anyone asks why I'm not involving my own team in this trade... I do NOT do trades involving the Warriors because they all sound something like "Anthony Davis for Festus Ezeli" :lol
wtf did i just read :facepalm

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 06:08 AM
wtf did i just read :facepalm

Explain how you can contend with Kobe + Nash contracts next year? :wtf:

Ball So Harden

But **** it. Anytime there's a trade proposal on this site everyone says it's retarded. You don't like this trade, it doesn't work, I get. Come up with your own better trade proposals then. Or better yet, find some ways to tweak this so the Twolves come out better.

@SwishSquared, I was operating under the impression that LA is going for another good lottery pick next year. They cannot contend with Kobe + Nash's contracts, unless Kobe returns to 2012 form or better, plus they are re-signing D'antoni. Nash is a money vampire at this point anyway. The Lakers HAVE to be going for another lottery pick.

First, I wasn't saying that LA would get the pick, maybe you should read more carefully.

Second, why should I propose a trade? I should propose a trade because your trade sucks?

Third, you just proposed a sign and trade with Pau (why would he do this?) and the 25th pick going to the Wolves for Kevin Love.

Fourth, you have the audacity to continuously suggest it is a fair trade when it has been explained repeatedly why it is stupid.

Do you realize how dumb this thread makes you look?

SwishSquared

But **** it. Anytime there's a trade proposal on this site everyone says it's retarded. You don't like this trade, it doesn't work, I get. Come up with your own better trade proposals then.

@SwishSquared, I was operating under the impression that LA is going for another good lottery pick next year. I mean they cannot contend with Kobe + Nash's contracts, unless Kobe returns to 2012 form or better.

It's all good, mate. It's worth a shot at anything with fake-trade scenarios. I personally love doing them myself. The reason why I shot LAL doesn't want Pek is that he eats up a large portion of their planned cap space for summer 2015. Aside from their lottery pick, the Lakers won't to take on no other contracts beyond the 2014-2015 season.

Here's a trade scenario that's based on my post:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kt4hm6w
BOS sends Minny: 2014 lotto pick, future Brooklyn pick
BOS sends HOU: 2015 Clippers pick, 2015 2nd round pick
OKC send Minny: two 2014 1st round picks

Why HOU does it: Gets an asset for Asik and non-guaranteed deal of Bogans. This gives them some cap space so that they can pursue another big or upgrade @ PG in free agency

Why OKC does it: They desperately need a low-post scorer and Pek gives them just that. Has awful D capabilities but they should be able to compensate. Parting with 2 1st round picks is tough, but they get rid of Perkins and add a legit big man.

Why Minny does it: Dump Pek before his contract hamstrings them, get 2 picks in a deep draft, and get a buy-out candidate in Perkins. They get young prospects from Celtics (Sully + Bradley), a low lotto pick, a great draft pick from BKN, and non-guaranteed deal in Thabeet. Bayless doesn't have contract for next season, but had to include him to make the $ work.

oarabbus
04-28-2014, 06:13 AM
First, I wasn't saying that LA would get the pick, maybe you should read more carefully.

Second, why should I propose a trade? I should propose a trade because your trade sucks?

Third, you just proposed a sign and trade with Pau (why would he do this?) and the 25th pick going to the Wolves for Kevin Love.

Fourth, you have the audacity to continuously suggest it is a fair trade when it has been explained repeatedly why it is stupid.

Do you realize how dumb this thread makes you look?

All hail Ball so Harden, genius of ISH. My sincerest apologies I made a f*cking flawed trade idea on this forum. I will now repent for my sins, will 7 years in penance make up for my grave error? Should I give up all my material wealth and possessions? How can I repent for this audacious error :confusedshrug: :coleman:

Brokenbeat
04-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Whatever, don't propose a trade. That's fine.

All hail Ball so Harden, genius of ISH. My sincerest apologies I made a f*cking flawed trade idea on this forum. I will now repent for my sins, will 7 years in penance make up for my grave error? Should I give up all my material wealth and possessions? How can I repent for this audacious error :confusedshrug: :coleman:

:( :cry: :oldlol:

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 02:56 AM
Terrible trade proposal followed by mental breakdown of OP. Great thread :applause:

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Terrible trade proposal followed by mental breakdown of OP. Great thread :applause:

Fakkit mentally broken OP

RightToCensor
04-29-2014, 03:06 AM
Always good for lulz

wally_world
04-29-2014, 03:33 AM
It's all good, mate. It's worth a shot at anything with fake-trade scenarios. I personally love doing them myself. The reason why I shot LAL doesn't want Pek is that he eats up a large portion of their planned cap space for summer 2015. Aside from their lottery pick, the Lakers won't to take on no other contracts beyond the 2014-2015 season.

Here's a trade scenario that's based on my post:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kt4hm6w
BOS sends Minny: 2014 lotto pick, future Brooklyn pick
BOS sends HOU: 2015 Clippers pick, 2015 2nd round pick
OKC send Minny: two 2014 1st round picks

Why HOU does it: Gets an asset for Asik and non-guaranteed deal of Bogans. This gives them some cap space so that they can pursue another big or upgrade @ PG in free agency

Why OKC does it: They desperately need a low-post scorer and Pek gives them just that. Has awful D capabilities but they should be able to compensate. Parting with 2 1st round picks is tough, but they get rid of Perkins and add a legit big man.

Why Minny does it: Dump Pek before his contract hamstrings them, get 2 picks in a deep draft, and get a buy-out candidate in Perkins. They get young prospects from Celtics (Sully + Bradley), a low lotto pick, a great draft pick from BKN, and non-guaranteed deal in Thabeet. Bayless doesn't have contract for next season, but had to include him to make the $ work.

Quite honestly the worst trade scenario I've EVER seen

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 03:45 AM
Fakkit mentally broken OP

You're the OP though :biggums:

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:47 AM
You're the OP though :biggums:

:facepalm Yes, I know. Jesus, can't even make fun of yourself on these forums anymore.

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 03:50 AM
:facepalm Yes, I know. Jesus, can't even make fun of yourself on these forums anymore.

I couldn't be too careful after your meltdown. :lol

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:51 AM
I couldn't be too careful after your meltdown. :lol

You must have not seen this site long before you joined if you consider that a meltdown :oldlol:

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 03:54 AM
You must have not seen this site long before you joined if you consider that a meltdown :oldlol:

When people are still editing their posts to save face a day later, that is a good sign they are shook.

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:57 AM
When people are still editing their posts to save face a day later, that is a good sign they are shook.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

Clearly this topic had enough of an impact on you enough to bump the topic a day later. You'll see a proper meltdown someday, don't worry rook.

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 04:10 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

Clearly this topic had enough of an impact on you enough to bump the topic a day later. You'll see a proper meltdown someday, don't worry rook.

:cheers: