PDA

View Full Version : is jordan the most incompetent drafter EVER?

swagga
04-28-2014, 12:19 PM
2001: kwame
available: pau gasol, joe johnson, tyson chandler, zach randolph, gerald wallace
verdict: :lol

2005: raymond felton
available: bynum, granger, david lee, brandon bass

2006: adam morrison
available: tyrus thomas, brandon roy, rondo, jj redick, rudy gay, lowry, millsap

2007: brendan wright
available: noah, hawes, thad young, dudley, wilson chandler, afflalo, glen davis, marc gasol, sessions.

2008: dj augustin
available: brook lopez, robin lopez, bayless, hibbert, speights, ibaka, pekovic, chalmers, deandre jordan, dragic,

2009: gerald henderson
available: jrue holiday, ty lawson, jeff teague, taj gibson, danny green, patty mills.

2011: kemba walker
available: klay thompson, markieff brothers, vucevic, klay thompson, faried, jimmy butler, isaiah thomas, chandler parsons
verdict: subpar but improving :oldlol:

2012: michael kidd- gilchrist
available: braley beal, dion waiters, lillard, harrison barnes, terrence ross, andrew drummond, zeller, sullinger, plumlee, teague

2013: cody zeller
available: len, noel, michael carter-williams, tim hardaway, steven adams, trey burke
verdict: to be decided, subpar at most imo.

I mean for fcuks sake even picking at random would of gotten better results. seriously.

swagga
04-28-2014, 12:20 PM
hopefully I didn't forget anything though his picks are so forgettable I would not feel bad if I were to forget. :roll:

VIntageNOvel
04-28-2014, 12:22 PM
or maybe their development team/coaches arent that good?

do you really believe spurs is a good drafter?,
or they just have a good coaching/development and good system that allows their youth player to excel and grow

maybe if ammo and kwame was drafted by spurs they would be goat, and kahwi would be shit in bobcat?

D-FENS
04-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Kemba is a beast. I'd make that pick again. Wait until he gets another year or 2 under his belt and then judge him

Flash31
04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Id say Kahn was worse
or Det as a whole

Lets not forget drafting Darko over Wade,Bosh,Carmelo
That's another level

or Min drafting multiple pg in same draft,then next draft drafting tweener forwards

MJ is horrible at scouting talent but he hasnt been drafting as long as these others or made as bad as a mistake as others

swagga
04-28-2014, 12:36 PM

or they just have a good coaching/development and good system that allows their youth player to excel and grow

maybe if ammo and kwame was drafted by spurs they would be goat, and kahwi would be shit in bobcat?

son you must be trolling because it's impossible to look at the initial analisys and find something positive. Fcuk me, even if I were the trainer you have obvious superstar talent in gasol, lillard, bynum, roy, drmmond, beal, etc. also, for your information: players usually have their own development coaches

the spurs got parker, ginobili, leonard, green, patty mills, dragic, scola, john salmons, leandro barbosa, tiago splitter, george hill, dejuan blair, nando de colo, ... without a single top 10 pick in the last decade. Many of those guys played little in terms on minutes for the spurs yet still were quality. Many were known international commodities in euroleague/olympics. You can't develop without talent. Fcuk you could say that the spurs out-drafted jordan in the last 10 years by only counting their 2nd round picks. That' some whack shiit right there. :roll: :lol :biggums:

BasedTom
04-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Augustin, Kemba, and even mkg are alright picks. Not the best available of course, but still solid picks.

2013 was a shit draft and we all knew it, so the Zeller pick isn't so horribly bad.

swagga
04-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Id say Kahn was worse
or Det as a whole

Lets not forget drafting Darko over Wade,Bosh,Carmelo
That's another level

or Min drafting multiple pg in same draft,then next draft drafting tweener forwards

MJ is horrible at scouting talent but he hasnt been drafting as long as these others or made as bad as a mistake as others

I don't have time right now but if it were to do a percent analysis of the picks I'd think that jordan is the worst. Khan/dumars/thomas are down there tho but at least they took some obvious talent in kevin love or drummond.

swagga
04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Augustin, Kemba, and even mkg are alright picks. Not the best available of course, but still solid picks.

2013 was a shit draft and we all knew it, so the Zeller pick isn't so horribly bad.

not disagreeing, but being a shit draft you should pick on highest potential. Dude got scared these past coupla years and he took alot of role players with really high picks.

I like kemba as a pick tho I wouldof picked klay thompson, MKG i'm not sure his offensive game is inexistant and zeller is a role player through and through. Not horrific picks but not great either imo.

imdaman99
04-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Did you really put in Tyrus Thomas on there? How much better is he than Morrison? Marginally? :lol

Lamarcus got traded for Tyrus though... Bulls don't always make the right moves :roll:

ballup
04-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Although the Cats have had some odd draft choices, rashing on them for guys who turned out well coming from the 2nd round is so stupid.

mr.big35
04-28-2014, 12:50 PM
2001: kwame
available: pau gasol, joe johnson, tyson chandler, zach randolph, gerald wallace

2005: raymond felton
available: bynum, granger, david lee, brandon bass

2006: adam morrison
available: tyrus thomas, brandon roy, rondo, jj redick, rudy gay, lowry, millsap

2007: brendan wright
available: noah, hawes, thad young, dudley, wilson chandler, afflalo, glen davis, marc gasol, sessions.

2008: dj augustin
available: brook lopez, robin lopez, bayless, hibbert, speights, ibaka, pekovic, chalmers, deandre jordan, dragic,

2009: gerald henderson
available: jrue holiday, ty lawson, jeff teague, taj gibson, danny green, patty mills.

2011: kemba walker
available: klay thompson, markieff brothers, vucevic, klay thompson, faried, jimmy butler, isaiah thomas, chandler parsons
verdict: subpar but improving :oldlol:

2012: michael kidd- gilchrist
available: braley beal, dion waiters, lillard, harrison barnes, terrence ross, andrew drummond, zeller, sullinger, plumlee, teague

2013: cody zeller
available: len, noel, michael carter-williams, tim hardaway, steven adams, trey burke
verdict: to be decided, subpar at most imo.

I mean for fcuks sake even picking at random would of gotten better results. seriously.

most of the guys you listed didnt overnight become better. deandre jordan wasnt good untill this year its not like he missed him completely.

SilkkTheShocker
04-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Terrible eye for talent.

swagga
04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
most of the guys you listed didnt overnight become better. deandre jordan wasnt good untill this year its not like he missed him completely.

you usually try to draft 3 kinds of players:
soon to be stars
potential stars (projects)
role players that satisfy a need

What I'm trying to show is that this guy missed all the stars, all the potential stars (sans kemba), and almost all the good role players. As in he missed almost all types of people a good drafter would try to draft. As in total BUSTING.

@the dude who said something about the 2nd round not being fair game .. it's fair game, potential matters, unknown dudes matter and the spurs have made a living out of it.

It don't matter deandre got good this year, he was a serviceable big the 2 years before this one and he ALWAYS was better than henderson. It doesn't matter tyrus thomas sucked, he still better than morrison ... and so on.

I'm not saying they should of gotten all those guys, that's unrealistic, just that their PERCENTAGE (hits/(hits+busts)) in getting them is horrific.

CelticBaller
04-28-2014, 02:29 PM
MKG and Kemba are beast

OP is a fgt

ArbitraryWater
04-28-2014, 02:31 PM

back to trolling again?

Calabis
04-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Lol college basketball for the last couple years hasnt really produced any impact stars. Most are developmental projects. Guys not even dominating college are lotto picks lol

rufuspaul
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
2001: kwame-bad pick

2005: raymond felton-Was drafted by Bernie Bickerstaff, not Jordan. He's a starting point guard in the league so how was that a bad pick?

2006: adam morrison-bad pick

2007: brendan wright-Golden State's pick. They worked out a deal for the Cats to draft him and then immediately trade for Jason Richardson.

2008: dj augustin-Larry Brown insisted on taking him and then mind-fvcked him. He's played well for the Bulls this season.

2009: gerald henderson-Another Larry Brown pick. Role player.

2011: kemba walker-Great pick.

2012: michael kidd- gilchrist-verdict still out.

2013: cody zeller-rookie. Verdict still out.

SexSymbol
04-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Kemba is the best of his draft class.
MKG is an incredible defender, solid piece for every team.
DJ augustin is pretty good

VengefulAngel
04-28-2014, 03:41 PM
2005: raymond felton-Was drafted by Bernie Bickerstaff, not Jordan. He's a starting point guard in the league so how was that a bad pick?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
04-28-2014, 03:43 PM
MJ always had a terrible eye for talent.
thats why he still thinks to this day that Kobe>LeBron:roll: :roll:

rufuspaul
04-28-2014, 04:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ray's gonna get better in prison. Either way, not a Jordan pick. OP is a dumbass.

Collie
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Is he really the drafter? Or is it because of perception? I mean, we don't blame Dan Gilbert for the Cavs.

absalom
04-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Walker = jordan pick
Biyombo = Cho's pick

This year, Jordan wanted Mclemore to replace Hendo but Cho picked Zeller.

dc_chilling
04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Ernie Grunfeld and our Wizards may be worse than Jordan to be honest.

Outside of Wall and Beal, both of whom kind of hit us in the face, here is our record:

2013: 3rd Pick, Otto Porter (Potentially a GOAT bust up there with Kwame)
2011: 6th Pick, Jan Vesely (Will be out of the league next year)
2011: 18th Pick, Chris Singleton (Just awful, out of the league soon)
2007: 16th Pick, Nick Young (SwaggyP himself)
2006: 18th Pick, Oleksiy Pecherov (Who? Exactly)
2003: 10th Pick, Jarvis Hayes (Again, nothing special)
2001: 1st Pick, Kwame Brown (The legend himself, a joint effort by the two worst drafting entities known to man. MJ and the Wizards)

In fact, of all the draft picks we have made in the past 15 years, only 2 have turned out to be good NBA players, Beal and Wall. Thank god we hit a home run with those two.

FireDavidKahn
04-29-2014, 09:34 AM
I see your Michael Jordan and raise you one David Kahn.