PDA

View Full Version : Wilt vs Javale

sd3035
04-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Would Wilt be better, worse, or about the same as Javale if he played today?

I say about the same, Wilt had slightly more polished skills while Javale is a slightly better athlete

deja vu
04-28-2014, 01:07 PM
C'mon if you place McGee in the 60s he would dominate like Wilt did. It's just plain common sense.

sd3035
04-28-2014, 01:08 PM
C'mon if you place McGee in the 60s he would dominate like Wilt did. It's just plain common sense.

If Javale ballhogged and stat padded as much, he easily would have. Wilt wouldn't get away with that crap today

mr.big35
04-28-2014, 01:11 PM
why does wilt get hated in here

sd3035
04-28-2014, 01:11 PM

Ask that Lazerus guy lol

Asukal
04-28-2014, 10:17 PM
I'd take Javale anyday. Wilt who won 2 rings in that weak era will not win anything today. :rolleyes:

GODbe
04-28-2014, 10:21 PM
This, I never understood how people can put guys like Wilt/Russell in a top 10 just because of the stats they put up against guys as tall as their legs. :facepalm

LAZERUSS
04-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Javale averaged 8.7 ppg and 4.8 rpg in his 66 game COLLEGE career, and at a small time school (home of a handful of below average NBA players...)

The reality is/was...he wouldn't have been drafted back in Wilt's day...

deja vu
04-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Javale averaged 8.7 ppg and 4.8 rpg in his 66 game COLLEGE career, and at a small time school (home of a handful of below average NBA players...)

So those 6'5" stiffs would get drafted in the 60s but an athletic 7'0" specimen like Javale wouldn't? :oldlol:

McGee would have dominated those stiffs that Wilt dominated back in the day.

JohnFreeman
04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Javale McGee Finals MVP trophy

moe94
04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
:roll:

SilkkTheShocker
04-28-2014, 10:31 PM

Delusional stans. Almost as bad as Kobe stans really.

LoneyROY7
04-28-2014, 10:32 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

McGee would have been Wilt 2.0, putting up 60ppg 35rpg...it would've been too easy considering the competition back then.

215Philly
04-28-2014, 10:44 PM

This is ban worthy :facepalm You better than this :(

Psileas
04-29-2014, 09:09 AM

Exactly. And what's funny is these numbers are real, one doesn't even need to troll one bit. :oldlol:
Dude couldn't average 10 ppg against actual 6'7 centers. :facepalm
Javale in 60's = Circus performer, at best.

Fazotronic
04-29-2014, 09:50 AM

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120922215052/creepypasta/images/a/ab/Jesus_facepalm.jpg

exposed for "secretly" jerking off to wilt

mcgee not being special in freakin college = wouldn't even be drafted in the 60s
wilt choking like nobody else in history of basketball = 1mil. excusses and still the GOAT.

you have no clue whatsoever how to put stats in context.

Calabis
04-29-2014, 09:53 AM
:facepalm

The youth of today may be the dumbest mfers ever.

Jesse Owens would not run a sub 10 100 today....he would come in last place every race with better tracks, equipment and training.

Jim Brown 6'2 230lbs sub 4.4 40, couldn't even play college in today's generation

Wilt a 7'0 freak of nature, world class high jumper, track athlete, freakish strength could not avg 8 points a game today yet Dwight Howard and Hibbert are the best bigs in the league lol

Bo Jackson 230lbs 4.1 40 would not be able to run that fast today, nor could he make a local high school team in either sport

Floyd Mayweather could not beat any boxers of today....oh wait his old ass is dominating this new era of athletic boxers

Pedro Martinez could not pitch in today's league

Mickey Mantle wouldn't be able to hit home runs in today's parks because they are smaller

Sugar Ray Robinson would struggle against guys like Trout, Canelo, Angulo and Lara

Marlo_Stanfield
04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
JAvale would have beasted on some teams in Wilts era, who didnt have enough lenght. he would have been owned by the HOF Centers tho.
Wilt owned in his era and would own even more in this weak Center era.
he would put up 35/20 without even breaking a sweat

Calabis
04-29-2014, 11:01 AM
JAvale would have beasted on some teams in Wilts era, who didnt have enough lenght. he would have been owned by the HOF Centers tho.

You're right Wilt Played some weak ass Centers :facepalm

Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bill Russell, duel threats of Reed and Bellamy(Knicks)

Today: Howard(broke back), Hibbert, McGee:roll:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/basketball/_photos/wilt-chamberlain-gallery/wilt12pg-horizontal.jpg

FireDavidKahn
04-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Wilt is better solely based on the fact that he would probably buy his women Chipotle.

kurple
04-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Ask that Lazerus guy lol
i'm asking you. why do you hate wilt so much

Marlo_Stanfield
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM
You're right Wilt Played some weak ass Centers :facepalm

Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bill Russell, duel threats of Reed and Bellamy(Knicks)

Today: Howard(broke back), Hibbert, McGee:roll:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/basketball/_photos/wilt-chamberlain-gallery/wilt12pg-horizontal.jpg
not sure if retarded.
i said Javale may have beasted on the teams in wilts era who actually didnt have a huge Center. he would been trash against the HOF Centers like Bellame Reed and Thurmond.
Wilt would beast in this era no doubt, just like i said:biggums: :biggums:

Calabis
04-29-2014, 02:02 PM
not sure if retarded.
i said Javale may have beasted on the teams in wilts era who actually didnt have a huge Center. he would been trash against the HOF Centers like Bellame Reed and Thurmond.
Wilt would beast in this era no doubt, just like i said:biggums: :biggums:

My bad same avi...was for op lol

McGee can't beast now...also how was the era weak....teams were stacked due to there only being like 8 teams. Look at those Celtic teams in terms of talent on one squad. Look at Oscars teams...they all had damn good post players. Yet Wilt dominated his peers.

Its easy to say take a guy from now and put him back then after he has had a blueprint to follow. But lets see what any of today's guys would do without year round basketball and blueprints to copy.

Prometheus
04-29-2014, 02:30 PM
The level of disrespect for Wilt Chamberlain is the most shameful thing about ISH. Anyone who believes things like "Wilt would be a bench player in today's league" or any similar garbage honestly has no business talking basketball with anyone. If you don't know anything about past eras, that's okay. But to thoroughly disrespect one of the greatest athletes in sports history is just pathetic.

LAZERUSS
04-29-2014, 06:06 PM

You are too smart for this forum...

STATUTORY
04-29-2014, 06:07 PM

ironically you are right, javale wouldnt be drafted cause of racism

would be some 5ft11 white guy draft in his place instead

that's why wilt's era was jokez

LAZERUSS
04-29-2014, 06:09 PM
So those 6'5" stiffs would get drafted in the 60s but an athletic 7'0" specimen like Javale wouldn't? :oldlol:

McGee would have dominated those stiffs that Wilt dominated back in the day.

Can you please give me the list of these great centers that McGee faced in his 66 game COLLEGE career, and in which he averaged 8.7 ppg and 4.8 rpg against...

LAZERUSS
04-29-2014, 06:10 PM
:facepalm

The youth of today may be the dumbest mfers ever.

Jesse Owens would not run a sub 10 100 today....he would come in last place every race with better tracks, equipment and training.

Jim Brown 6'2 230lbs sub 4.4 40, couldn't even play college in today's generation

Wilt a 7'0 freak of nature, world class high jumper, track athlete, freakish strength could not avg 8 points a game today yet Dwight Howard and Hibbert are the best bigs in the league lol

Bo Jackson 230lbs 4.1 40 would not be able to run that fast today, nor could he make a local high school team in either sport

Floyd Mayweather could not beat any boxers of today....oh wait his old ass is dominating this new era of athletic boxers

Pedro Martinez could not pitch in today's league

Mickey Mantle wouldn't be able to hit home runs in today's parks because they are smaller

Sugar Ray Robinson would struggle against guys like Trout, Canelo, Angulo and Lara

These were all hilarious, but I just had to bold the Mantle one...

:roll: :roll: :roll: