PDA

View Full Version : Holding my breath as a Laker fan

scm5
04-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Jim Buss is slowly destroying this franchise and Donald Sterling might have inadvertently did what could be the best thing that has ever happened to the Clipper franchise.

If the Sterling decides to or is forced into selling the franchise to Magic or some other owner, it could very well change the hierarchy of NBA teams. The Lakers have legacy on their side, but that's it. The Clippers play in the same city, in the same arena, and if I'm being honest as a Laker fan, have a better home crowd. The games are more fun to go to and the crowd during the regular season rivals the crowd during Laker playoff games.

What do the Lakers have to offer with an aging superstar in Kobe and a front office in turmoil? A winning tradition? That tradition died when Jerry Buss passed and left his son Jim in charge.

I definitely think Sterling should step down or be forced out of the league. His views don't belong in this league and he is a horrible owner otherwise. However, this could be the start of a very long winter for Laker fans, and we're used to sunny So-Cal weather all year round, every year.

The foreseeable future of the Lakers hinge on this years draft pick and how he pans out, and possible star(franchise) players forcing their way to LA such as Kevin Love. Will the Lakers get lucky once again and draft the best player in the draft? Do players still have enough faith in the Laker organization to want to force their way to LA? Without these, the future looks bleaker than ever.

These thoughts have been in the back of my mind since this whole Sterling controversy started. While I know they're very selfish thoughts, I can't help but worry.

Nick Young
04-28-2014, 05:42 PM
LA still has Mitch GOATchak the GOAT GM running the show.

Unlike he most GMs he knows what it takes to build title winning teams and dynasties.

New Buss is bad, but not bad enough to counter GOATchak.

What does LAL have to offer? A lottery pick (likely Embiid, Parker or Exum) and max contract space to be a superstar in the best basketball city in the world where the sun is always shining and you will be VIP of the city. On top of that, an extensive back catalog of Lakers legends like Kareem and Magic who offer advice and coaching to the Lake show players.

Other franchises might know how to compete for titles but the Lakers know how to win titles.

ALSO lakers drafting isnt luck. Our last lottery pick was #10 pick and that pick was used on Andrew Bynum. Bynum became a starting allstar center and won two titles with the Lakers. Always trust in GOATchak.

COnDEMnED
04-28-2014, 05:42 PM
You really have nothing to worry about. Championships were won before Dr. Buss, they will be won after him too. We have a pick and cap space, we will be back in the playoffs by 2016. Have some faith, 3 years is a quick turn around. Some teams never make the playoffs or have still never won a championship. Imagine how bad those teams must feel.

scm5
04-28-2014, 05:49 PM
LA still has Mitch GOATchak the GOAT GM running the show.

Unlike he most GMs he knows what it takes to build title winning teams and dynasties.

New Buss is bad, but not bad enough to counter GOATchak.

What does LAL have to offer? A lottery pick (likely Embiid, Parker or Exum) and max contract space to be a superstar in the best basketball city in the world where the sun is always shining and you will be VIP of the city. On top of that, an extensive back catalog of Lakers legends like Kareem and Magic who offer advice and coaching to the Lake show players.

Other franchises might know how to compete for titles but the Lakers know how to win titles.

ALSO lakers drafting isnt luck. Our last lottery pick was #10 pick and that pick was used on Andrew Bynum. Bynum became a starting allstar center and won two titles with the Lakers. Always trust in GOATchak.

Was it Mitch's decision to pass on Phil and hire Mike D'antoni?

Was it Mitch's decision to not make a play for Phil when news of his offer from the Knicks was leaked?

Was it Mitch's decision to keep Mike D'antoni this offseason?

Mitch did make a huge play for Pau, almost landed us CP3, and got us Dwight which was a great move at the time. However, that all happened under the watch of Jerry Buss who always did what was best for the franchise. If he had any personal reservations about a player or coach, we as fans would never hear about it or suspect anything from his decisions as an owner. The same can't be said of Jim Buss.

AirTupac
04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Was it Mitch's decision to pass on Phil and hire Mike D'antoni?

Was it Mitch's decision to not make a play for Phil when news of his offer from the Knicks was leaked?

Was it Mitch's decision to keep Mike D'antoni this offseason?

Mitch did make a huge play for Pau, almost landed us CP3, and got us Dwight which was a great move at the time. However, that all happened under the watch of Jerry Buss who always did what was best for the franchise. If he had any personal reservations about a player or coach, we as fans would never hear about it or suspect anything from his decisions as an owner. The same can't be said of Jim Buss.

A lot of reports indicated that Jerry Buss made the decision to pick Mike over Phil...

Mitch and Jim were responsible for the whole Dwight, Cp3 thing and getting Nash was amazing (at the time).

TheMarkMadsen
04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Because we are the lakers and have had like 2 bad seasons in 20 years

Besides didnt somebody say they were stepping down if lakers weren't competing in 4 years?

scm5
04-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Because we are the lakers and have had like 2 bad seasons in 20 years

Besides didnt somebody say they were stepping down if lakers weren't competing in 4 years?

I hope I'm worrying for nothing, but it's been hard watching the team play this season. It's almost killed my spirit as a fan. I don't see the positive anymore and see the Clippers posing a legitimate threat to the Lakers with new ownership. They would have essentially the same thing we offer in terms of stuff that matter, and have a more energetic crowd.

I have so much more respect for fans of historically horrible teams after this season. I've had to adopt the Warriors as a second team to root for.

KobesFinger
04-28-2014, 06:11 PM
I hope I'm worrying for nothing, but it's been hard watching the team play this season. It's almost killed my spirit as a fan. I don't see the positive anymore and see the Clippers posing a legitimate threat to the Lakers with new ownership. They would have essentially the same thing we offer in terms of stuff that matter, and have a more energetic crowd.

I have so much more respect for fans of historically horrible teams after this season. I've had to adopt the Warriors as a second team to root for.

Stop being so melodramatic. We knew as soon as Dwight left we'd be tanking. We could've tanked harder to get a bottom 4 record but it doesn't matter, we build through trades and free agency. The Clippers have been a good team for about 3 years now, and better than the Lakers for arguably 2 of those years. I respect them as an opponent but LA will ALWAYS be a Laker city.

You want positives? As people have already said: lottery pick and tons of cap space with good FAs coming up, in a big market for a popular franchise. We also still have Mitch who knows how to swing a trade.

When (not if, when) the Lakers are contenders again, you'll look back and think "why was I ever worried?"

padre
04-28-2014, 06:17 PM
holmes que pasa? we laker brothers gotta have some faith.
the lakers is like a fine culona, big ass don't move easy but once it moves oyy papi, no hay bronca.

if you want you can come and pray with me and my culona and my sons ese. My culona can cook taco like no other.
GOD BLESS

zoom17
04-28-2014, 06:18 PM
holmes que pasa? we laker brothers gotta have some faith.
the lakers is like a fine culona, big ass don't move easy but once it moves oyy papi, no hay bronca.

if you want you can come and pray with me and my culona and my sons ese. My culona can cook taco like no other.
GOD BLESS

:biggums:

padre
04-28-2014, 06:30 PM
:biggums:

wassup ese? Why you mad at padre mexicano? Padre is always happy, God found padre when he was crossing rio grand back in 1960 ese. Padre is happy, with sons Carlos and Daniel and Luisita.
Padre loves the lakers, he hope Oscarito make it to the nba to play shooting guard for the lakers, he my nephew holmes, he family, if he make it we as a family make it.

GOD BLESS

PizzamanIRL
04-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Lakers has D'Antoni. What else do they need? :confusedshrug:

padre
04-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Lakers has D'Antoni. What else do they need? :confusedshrug:

Last time I was praying Jesus told me Jerry Bus is watching over his flock. Some faith is all we need to truly flourish.

GOD BLESS SON

LoneyROY7
04-28-2014, 06:51 PM
wassup ese? Why you mad at padre mexicano? Padre is always happy, God found padre when he was crossing rio grand back in 1960 ese. Padre is happy, with sons Carlos and Daniel and Luisita.
Padre loves the lakers, he hope Oscarito make it to the nba to play shooting guard for the lakers, he my nephew holmes, he family, if he make it we as a family make it.

GOD BLESS

Padre. :bowdown:

Que pasa, ese?

JellyBean
04-28-2014, 06:54 PM
The Lakers will be fine. We have to stop overreacting. Pump the brakes. Go read "ShowTime" by Jeff Pearlman, great book by the way. The Lakers will be fine.

padre
04-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Padre. :bowdown:

Que pasa, ese?
[COLOR="Purple"]
Ola cabronitoo, yo trabajo ese. Hasta pa

LoneyROY7
04-28-2014, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=padre][COLOR="Purple"]
Ola cabronitoo, yo trabajo ese. Hasta pa