PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers declines meeting with Donald Sterling

COnDEMnED
04-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Also unsure of future with Clippers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/doc-rivers-unsure-of-future-with-clippers--declined-meeting-with-donald-sterling-222221846.html

"I have been asked if I need to talk to him, with Donald, and I passed, quite honestly," Rivers said. "I don't think right now is the time or the place for me, at least. So I just took a pass."

gts
04-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Probably afraid he'd be arrested on assault and battery charges if he got within a mile of the scumbag

SilkkTheShocker
04-28-2014, 11:30 PM
He won't see him, but he will still gladly accept his paychecks :oldlol: :oldlol:

Draz
04-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Remember he's just a valuable piece of chess compared to some of the players. He can easily be replaced. Coaches don't make as much as players make. And their not as respected.

Cocaine80s
04-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Remember he's just a valuable piece of chess compared to some of the players. He can easily be replaced. Coaches don't make as much as players make. And their not as respected.
:facepalm

KyleKong
04-29-2014, 12:15 AM
He won't see him, but he will still gladly accept his paychecks :oldlol: :oldlol:

:facepalm

What is Doc going to do, walk out on his team in the middle of the playoffs?

Connor B
04-29-2014, 01:00 AM

This may actually be the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM

:biggums:

BlackVVaves
04-29-2014, 01:05 AM

http://media0.giphy.com/media/aSTJbOerwCKqc/giphy.gif

JordanL
04-29-2014, 01:54 AM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/aSTJbOerwCKqc/giphy.gif

:oldlol:

:applause:

stalkerforlife
04-29-2014, 01:57 AM
LMAO.

Since when can an employee decline their employer?

FIRE HIS BLACK ASS.

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 02:24 AM
Smart move by Doc. What does he have to gain by meeting with Sterling? Sterling won't convince him that he's not racist, but he may try, and Doc is probably more likely to leave even more angry and not want to continue coaching. Doc would probably rather concentrate on winning in the playoffs than put himself in a position where he makes a moral decision even tougher.

JordanL
04-29-2014, 02:25 AM
LMAO.

FIRE HIS BLACK ASS.

Any employee can decline their employer. Sometimes the employer may fire them for it, but employees are not slaves.

GimmeThat
04-29-2014, 03:14 AM
LMAO.

FIRE HIS BLACK ASS.

When it's not about the job?

oarabbus
04-29-2014, 03:15 AM
LMAO.

FIRE HIS BLACK ASS.

Have you worked a job before? And I don't mean fast food :facepalm:

BlazerRed
04-29-2014, 03:17 AM
As opposed to working for him for free? :biggums: Are you suggesting because he's black he's a slave and should work for free? ****ing racist. Reported.

Castor Troy
04-29-2014, 04:51 AM
Good on Doc. He has been put in a terrible situation and how he handles it will go a long way in defining his coaching legacy post Celtics title.

16X
04-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Sterling should fine him.

16X
04-29-2014, 04:58 AM
For real though, Doc said he was asked if he needed to see Sterling, not that Sterling needed to see him. If it was the other way around though, I'd have no problem with Doc being fined or getting into some kind of trouble.

[GR]
04-29-2014, 05:00 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmSOE0wCIAA0H9s.jpg

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 05:01 AM
']http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmSOE0wCIAA0H9s.jpg

He never denied that it was still bad, he just said it is different.

roffie
04-29-2014, 05:03 AM

yep. lets bring bak vinny d:biggums:

COnDEMnED
04-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Are Clippers fans worried at all about the tone in which Doc seems to use in this article? When he reflected on the racism he had to endure in the past, that he and his family went through, it had a tone of total disgust. When he said he believed the recordings were Sterling's feelings and that he meant them, it seemed like he's waiting for the validity of the tapes before he announces he wants out. I can't imagine someone who had his house burned down because of the color of his skin sticking around and working things out with the Clippers owner. If Doc goes, do the players follow him?

BigBoss
04-29-2014, 10:21 AM
LMAO.

FIRE HIS BLACK ASS.

I know. Just proves the Donald's point about black people