PDA

View Full Version : The Heat turned their jerseys inside out during pregame routine

Allstar24
04-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Heat show solidarity with Clippers

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Miami Heat showed solidarity with the Los Angeles Clippers over the Donald Sterling controversy before Monday night's playoff game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

Like the Clippers did on Sunday, the Heat ran out of the tunnel wearing their warmups, huddled at center court and tossed their white shooting T-shirts to the ground. They then went through their pregame routine with their red Heat warmup jerseys inside out, hiding the team's logo.

It was a silent protest in response to Sterling's purported comments urging a woman to not bring black people to his team's games.

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade had both said in the locker room before the game they weren't sure what they would do to show their support for the Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10854150/2014-nba-playoffs-miami-heat-show-support-los-angeles-clippers-silent-protest

:roll:

By hiding their team's logo, were they protesting against their own owner? What did that poor guy do? Stop trying so hard to get in the middle of everything...it looks like these attention-whores can't handle the fact that for once, the #1 topic in the NBA/sports/world news is not about them.

russwest0
04-29-2014, 12:45 AM

By hiding their team's logo, were they protesting against their own owner? What did that poor guy do? Stop trying so hard to get in the middle of everything...it looks like these attention-whores can't handle the fact that for once, the #1 topic in the NBA/sports/world news is not about them.

Lmao, agreed with your post 100%.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 12:45 AM
the heat are such trend wh*res

nothing but a bunch of hipsters

all wearing hipster glasses and jacking westbrooks lame fashion

jumping on the "let the beat drop" music video trend

hopping on that trayvon martin sweater thing

this jersey inside out thing

is there anything these guys cant be a part of? do they have to fallow every trend and steal every possible thing anyone else does?

moe94
04-29-2014, 12:47 AM

is there anything these guys cant be a part of? do they have to fallow every trend and steal every possible thing anyone else does?

Do you even know what hipster means?

HylianNightmare
04-29-2014, 12:49 AM
all they really can do

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 12:49 AM

umm..what? :roll:

moe94
04-29-2014, 12:52 AM

No lie, dude is lost.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 12:53 AM
Do you even know what hipster means?

it means they try and be different. but end up looking like every single other trend whore out there

they wanna be the 1st to do something. but all of them just end up being a bunch of played out *******

they talk sh*t about anything that is loved but not new. then brag about anything that sucks but is old..

but mostly they all get dream catcher tattoos... or birds flying out of one going down their arm... or some small writing nobody can read...

theres many forms of hipsters and trend whores.. the heat are part of the "i'l do anything and everything i see someone else do thats popular in the entertainment buisness"

wade and lebron look like trendy hipster doosh bags wearing those stupid glasses with no lenses in them... and their fashion is so trend wh*rish its not even funny. just jackin other peoples swag f*g shit

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 12:54 AM
it means they try and be different. but end up looking like every single other trend whore out there

they wanna be the 1st to do something. but all of them just end up being a bunch of played out *******

they talk sh*t about anything that is loved but not new. then brag about anything that sucks but is old..

but mostly they all get dream catcher tattoos... or birds flying out of one going down their arm... or some small writing nobody can read...

theres many forms of hipsters and trend whores.. the heat are part of the "i'l do anything and everything i see someone else do thats popular in the entertainment buisness"
You couldn't be further from the meaning.

DaSeba5
04-29-2014, 12:55 AM

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136085/2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

fiddy
04-29-2014, 12:55 AM
thats retarded

moe94
04-29-2014, 12:56 AM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136085/2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

dubeta
04-29-2014, 12:57 AM

He's mad because while the Heat are imitating the Clippers outfit, Kobe is too busy imitating Derrick Rose

http://chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/11/Screen-Shot-2013-11-26-at-7.26.27-AM.png

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 12:58 AM
You couldn't be further from the meaning.

sorry... but the definition of hipster doesnt even match what a hipster is in reality...

they dont even fallow their own criteria... they all wanna be individual and inventive. but they just end up doing the same thing as everyone else...

i wouldnt be surprised if lebron tried to say he and the heat invented the trayvon martin hoody thing

trend whoring ..... thats the heat... they whore out trends

the clippers inside out trend

the harlem shake trend

the trayvon trend

they do it and move onto something else.. always jackin something new..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-29-2014, 12:59 AM

I agree they are attention whores.. What Miami did today didn't really make sense, but to each his own :confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 01:00 AM
sorry... but the definition of hipster doesnt even match what a hipster is in reality...

they dont even fallow their own criteria... they all wanna be individual and inventive. but they just end up doing the same thing as everyone else...

i wouldnt be surprised if lebron tried to say he and the heat invented the trayvon martin hoody thing

the harlem shake trend

the trayvon trend

:facepalm

moe94
04-29-2014, 01:00 AM

the harlem shake trend

the trayvon trend

You're on the money about the Heat.

Real14
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM
bunch of followers:coleman:

chazzy
04-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Random

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 01:04 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/dy0iag.jpg

Pointguard
04-29-2014, 01:04 AM

I think its a gesture of unity with their fellow players. It was symbolic act when the Clippers did it, and it is with the Heat players. They could have don't done something different and gotten more attention.

KevinDurant35
04-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Did the Heat owner say something racist too? :confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Kenneth you don't understand, just leave the thread.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 01:07 AM
Kenneth you don't understand, just leave the thread.

sorry your little world is collapsing infront of your eyes.

i think you're a god damn hipster now lmao

only a true hipster would deny being a hipster or defend someone from being one

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 01:08 AM
sorry your little world is collapsing infront of your eyes.

i think you're a god damn hipster now lmao
http://p.twimg.com/A10hFZxCcAA-GtI.jpg:large

DaSeba5
04-29-2014, 01:09 AM
As a Heat fan, I don't understand the point of this. There's other ways to protest racism. Why are they protesting their logo? Micky is one of the nicest owners in sports.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 01:13 AM

http://hipsterlebron.tumblr.com/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BigMacAttack
04-29-2014, 01:14 AM
Seems stupid imo, they can support the clippers players without a meaningless and gesture like this.

Also I try not judge a person by their style and all that(Book, Cover etc) but those fake glasses are so bad on anyone.

The Genius
04-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Should have worn all black gear and socks. All teams could have done the same to show solidarity. No reason for the Heat logo to be covered.

russwest0
04-29-2014, 01:22 AM
It is funny how Westbrook started wearing those glasses and then Wade and LeBron instantly followed suit.

JohnFreeman
04-29-2014, 01:24 AM
It is funny how Westbrook started wearing those glasses and then Wade and LeBron instantly followed suit.
LeBron was wearing those in his Cleveland days?

SCdac
04-29-2014, 01:24 AM
"silent protest" is such a contradiction

Brokenbeat
04-29-2014, 01:25 AM

:oldlol:

kennethgriffin
04-29-2014, 01:26 AM
http://hipsterlebron.tumblr.com/

CardiacKemba
04-29-2014, 01:28 AM
The Heat are (whether for good or bad) the most influential team in the league, especially among the younger generation. What they do and what they say, people watch and people listen. Sure, it's not the Clippers logo they were covering, but it was symbolic gesture to show their support. Is it a bad thing for kids to see their favorite player supporting other players in their stance against racism? Put your hate for a team/player away, you don't have to applaud them, but trying to turn this into a negative? Just no.

The Genius
04-29-2014, 01:31 AM
The Heat are (whether for good or bad) the most influential team in the league, especially among the younger generation. What they do and what they say, people watch and people listen. Sure, it's not the Clippers logo they were covering, but it was symbolic gesture to show their support. Is it a bad thing for kids to see their favorite player supporting other players in their stance against racism? Put your hate for a team/player away, you don't have to applaud them, but trying to turn this into a negative? Just no.

Not hate on my part. Just think something more like what the Mavs wanted to do was more appropriate. Clippers logo should be the only one affected by this.

CardiacKemba
04-29-2014, 01:34 AM
Not hate on my part. Just think something more like what the Mavs wanted to do was more appropriate. Clippers logo should be the only one affected by this.

Definitely agree with you, there were many better ways to go about it.

Lakers Legend#32
04-29-2014, 02:54 AM
Come up with something original.

QuebecBaller
04-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Is there someone who can replace HOT by CLIPPERS? :D

http://www.finishline.com/images/products/xlhot13mihwht.jpg

Nash
04-29-2014, 07:51 AM
It's called solidarity.

CeilingFan#1
04-29-2014, 07:52 AM
This makes no sense.

ShackEelOKneel
04-29-2014, 07:53 AM
It's called solidarity.

But wasn't the point of the Clippers doing it to hide the Clippers logo? This makes it look like the Heat are doing it to say screw you to the Heat owner.

MostHated305
04-29-2014, 08:51 AM
You idiots do realize that the nba just like other professional sports is a fraternity right? or are you just that stupid?

And BTW Chris Paul is godfather to LBJ's son so why wouldn't he support him?

retards

Ball So Harden
04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
This is dumb.

tmacattack33
04-29-2014, 09:55 AM
It doesn't really make sense, but at least they did something.

And also, in a way, what the Clippers did made no sense either...since as soon as the game began they had their regular jerseys on with a big Clippers logo on it.

chazzy
04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
It doesn't really make sense, but at least they did something.

And also, in a way, what the Clippers did made no sense either...since as soon as the game began they had their regular jerseys on with a big Clippers logo on it.
They only say Los Angeles on them