PDA

View Full Version : So How Much Longer Are We Going To Pretend Clipper Players Are Victims?

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Are we done feeling bad for the multimillionaire basketball players because their owner is an 81 year old bigot?

SpecialQue
04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
No.

JohnFreeman
http://img.pandawhale.com/30488-Woody-Harrelson-crying-money-b-8fc5.gif

livinglegend
victims of what?
I m sure 95% of them doesnt even give a shit.
It s all acting for the media.

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 10:19 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/30488-Woody-Harrelson-crying-money-b-8fc5.gif

Woody :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dresta
04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Are we done feeling bad for the multimillionaire basketball players because their owner is an 81 year old bigot?
Agreed. Seen idiot members of the media calling Sterling a plantation owner and the players his slaves etc. :facepalm

mistergreens
04-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Sterling has been a known racist for DECADES. Why is Doc all upset NOW? He clearly knew this before signing a contract last year. I get that it is a bigger story, but to act like he is upset and just finding this out is ridiculous. Same for any other player who signed a contract there.

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Agreed. Seen idiot members of the media calling Sterling a plantation owner and the players his slaves etc. :facepalm

Exactly. Which plantation owners in history paid their slaves 100 million dollar contracts? :lol Are Doc and the players going to pout and turn their jerseys inside out for the rest of the playoff? How about next season? I can't see how anyone can feel bad for their players. Sterling wasn't whipping them or forcing them to perform minstrel shows at halftime. Do I condone Sterling's comments? No. But who cares? Their weren't meant to be made in public.

Heavincent
04-29-2014, 10:46 AM
To put it bluntly, these guys need to stop acting like ****ing *******. Sterling is a scumbag, but he's still giving these guys massive paychecks to throw a ball in a hoop. Plenty of people work for asshole bosses and get paid far less, so quit your bitching. But hey, everyone loves playing the victim these days.

StephHamann
04-29-2014, 10:48 AM
perfect excuse for another CP3 chockejob

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 10:51 AM

O, you know it. Im not even a CP3 hater. I like his game a lot. But another early playoff exit would be huge. Even the Sterling stuff shouldn't give him an excuse.

hawksdogsbraves
04-29-2014, 10:52 AM
After this story broke it felt like one big competition to see who could come across as the most indignant about the whole situation.

Honestly, who cares what some old racist dude says? It's not like he's making the Clippers take a bus to games or not giving them their paychecks :oldlol:

Heavincent
04-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Oh yeah, Mr. "I Will Only Play For a Black Coach" is shocked and appalled by such racism.

SCdac
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM
It's all PR bullshit. Nobody wants to be the guy who doesn't go along with the "movement" (I noticed the Spurs and Mavs wore black socks out of "protest" and for "solidarity", which I got nothing against, but use your voice if you got something to say!). Fact of the matter is most of these players have been pampered since their HS or college days and continued playing for the Clippers even though they knew well and good who their owner is and his history. Obviously the media maelstrom is a distraction, but outside of distracting them at a time when focusing is necessity I don't feel bad for these highly paid ball players or think they're being oppressed in any way.

BigBoss
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM
victims of what?

Bingo. Racism from employers happens everyday with the working man not being in a position to do anything.

UK2K
04-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Must be tough. I'm sure while Blake is in the air about to slam it he thinks to himself "my owner is racist I should miss this"

They don't give a shit. This isn't 1950. They just want to get paid.

tmacattack33
04-29-2014, 11:35 AM
I wonder what would happen if one of them was asked about this and they were just like "Eh, whatever...i don't really care what he thinks...i've actually only met him in person two or three times...so i'm just going to go continue to play bball out there like usual"

Marlo_Stanfield
04-29-2014, 11:40 AM
victims of what?
yeah this.
our 81 year old redneck owner who pays us 20 million a year is a racist.
im gonna cry to the media about it all day:cry: :cry:

macmac
04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
It's so irrelevant how much he pays them. That's the cost of operating the business and turning a profit. He's making money off them and that's the going rate for a competitive team. If he didn't pay them, someone else would. So it means nothing that he's paying them so much.

Straight_Ballin
04-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Double standard in full effect right now with the media not talking about Larry Johnson's comments.

SpecialQue
04-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Double standard in full effect right now with the media not talking about Larry Johnson's comments.

Yeah, because Larry Johnson has as much power and is as relevant as Sterling.

dude77
04-29-2014, 11:57 AM

imagine if a white player or white nba employee came out and said

'white people, you're focusing on the wrong thing ! .. we should be focusing on having our own, own team own league ? :facepalm ..

larry johnson needs to be fired immediately .. why hasn't he been fired yet ? the guy is involved in player development ffs

dude77
04-29-2014, 12:00 PM

larry johnson is a nba employee .. he represents the nba .. and his little statement gets even worse considering he works in player development .. stop with the bullshit excuses and double standards .. either you're against all of this for everyone or you're not

kurple
04-29-2014, 12:01 PM
how much longer will you pretend you aint a no life creep?

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 12:05 PM
how much longer will you pretend you aint a no life creep?

As soon as you lose weight, fat boy

kurple
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM
what makes you think i'm fat?

Straight_Ballin
04-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Still no sign of LJ on the media. Double standard is causing the sterling issue to lose momentum now.

Im so nba'd out
04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
if your white stfu you will never know how the players feel.WTf would they fake being disgusted alot of dumbazzes on this site

NumberSix
04-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Why does that matter?

So what are we doing here? Can a white guy be more racist than LJ if he has less power or are we just doing the typical "it's not racist if it's a black person" routine?

NumberSix
04-29-2014, 12:55 PM
if your white stfu...
Are you gonna be fired now?

longtime lurker
04-29-2014, 01:10 PM

Larry Johnson made an idiotic comment that was a REACTION to racial discrimination. He's not know the same position as sterling to act on his words. And if he did he'do rightlyrics get criticized and sued. But keep acting like it's the same thing to take attention away from sterling :rolleyes:

20Four
04-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Silk...stop talking about yourself...your the one thats fat.....prove to us your not fat then....

dude77
04-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Larry Johnson made an idiotic comment that was a REACTION to racial discrimination. He's not know the same position as sterling to act on his words. And if he did he'do rightlyrics get criticized and sued. But keep acting like it's the same thing to take attention away from sterling :rolleyes:

you mean he was reacting to racist comments and 'accidentally' let out how he really thinks ..

why didn't he 'react' by just condemning the guy like say lebron did .. 'we don't have any place for this blah blah ? another one trying to defend the double standards

houston
04-29-2014, 03:00 PM
silk keeps it 100 on this board.

clippers should win this series they been underachieving since Paul been there