PDA

View Full Version : Posters That Said Durant Was Best Player In NBA

SilkkTheShocker
04-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Feel free to use this thread to tell us how wrong you were :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Destroyer9
04-29-2014, 11:55 PM
The playoffs have really shown how weak this era is. All the "stars" are either manufactured or choke****s when it counts. Being the best player in the NBA right now means as much as it did in the 60s. Empty stats look great and all but it won't win you a ring.

Marchesk
04-29-2014, 11:58 PM
He was better than Lebron during the regular season. Not like Lebron has ever had a sub par playoff series, right?

Connor B
04-29-2014, 11:58 PM
I will admit I was wrong about Durant, but I think what's even more wrong is that Scott Brooks is still the coach of the Thunder.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:11 AM
He was better than Lebron during the regular season. Not like Lebron has ever had a sub par playoff series, right?
So do you still feel KD is better? Let me know now so I can remember to
Never take u serious again. Thanks

navy
04-30-2014, 01:12 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that Lebron is better than Durant.

fiddy
04-30-2014, 01:13 AM
KD>Bran
/thread

imdaman99
He has game 6 to redeem himself. If he doesn't than he doesn't belong in the same breath as bran.

Mr. Jabbar
he is having a bad series, lebron has had a ton too. too bad kd doesnt have the luxury of playing in the east or brans cast. mem has put good d on him

#perspective
#respectthemvp

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:14 AM
KD>Bran
/thread
I'm sure you will be here to tell us why when KD loses to the 7 seed, right?

fiddy
04-30-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm sure you will be here to tell us why when KD loses to the 7 seed, right?
This is the west, not the cats.

JohnFreeman
http://whereduaneat.org/duane.gifhttp://whereduaneat.org/duane.gif

russwest0
Not everyone gets to play in the East

livinglegend
he is having a bad series, lebron has had a ton too. too bad kd doesnt have the luxury of playing in the east or his cast. mem has put good d on him

give specific examples? Apart from that 2011 series...

Kingwillball

Very few the 2011 Finals is the the only one that comes to mind. Lebron has been spectacular most of his career in Playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:16 AM
he is having a bad series, lebron has had a ton too. too bad kd doesnt have the luxury of playing in the east or his cast. mem has put good d on him
Lebron played easier teams in the first round of east. But the supporting cast argument doesn't fly. Wade was hurt all last postseason. Bosh missed half of the 2012 postseason.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:17 AM
So what will be the excuse when Miami beats the west's best team for the third time?

Kingwillball
he is having a bad series, lebron has had a ton too. too bad kd doesnt have the luxury of playing in the east or brans cast. mem has put good d on him

#perspective
#respectthemvp

:no: maybe one or two and is 9-0 in first round of Playoffs and is continually deep into the Playoffs. KD has had as many or more bad series in many less playoff appearances.

livinglegend

Nice try, but 2 straight playoffs choke is too much.
He has the most stacked team in the league and cant beat the :roll: :roll: 7th seed. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Lebron23

#perspective
#respectthemvp

Memphis - 7th best defensive team
Charlotte - 5th best defensive team

Warfan
04-30-2014, 01:18 AM
dude is bitchmade, down the stretch he becomes a roleplayer and resorts to rip-throughs. he better have a great game 6...

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 01:19 AM
Memphis Defensive efficiency rating: 102.1 - 7th in the league
Charlotte - 101.2 - 5th in the league

KD this series (46 minutes a game): 28 PPG, 39% FG, 10 Reb, 4 Ast, infinite chokes

LeBron this playoffs (39 minutes a game): 30 PPG, 55.7% FG, 8 Reb, 6 Ast per game, 1 MJ staredown, 0 chokes

If LeBron can score 30 ppg in 39 mins against a top 5 defense, why can't KD shoot over 39% against a top 7 defense? MKG is no Tony Allen, but he's definitely one of the better perimeter defenders.

fiddy
04-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Irrelevant stats and also Al Jeffereson was injured. :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Lebron took all the blame for not winning titles with Cleveland scrubs. KD on the other hand is probably gonna get another pass :oldlol:

Kingwillball
04-30-2014, 01:21 AM

KD this series (46 minutes a game): 28 PPG, 39% FG, 10 Reb, 4 Ast, infinite chokes

LeBron this playoffs (39 minutes a game): 30 PPG, 55.7% FG, 8 Reb, 6 Ast per game, 1 MJ staredown, 0 chokes

If LeBron can score 30 ppg in 39 mins against a top 5 defense, why can't KD shoot over 39% against a top 7 defense? MKG is no Tony Allen, but he's definitely one of the better perimeter defenders.

Kid is what 20 years old.. 5 years from now he will add strength and experience and will probably be the top wing defender in the league.

Mr. Jabbar
04-30-2014, 01:22 AM
we cant judge durant vs bran this 1st round really, imagine what bran could be going through in a MIA vs MEM 1st round matchup, hideous...

JohnFreeman
04-30-2014, 01:22 AM
we cant judge durant vs bran this 1st round really, imagine what bran could be going through in a MIA vs MEM 1st round matchup, hideous...
Probably sweep averaging 30-5-5

livinglegend
04-30-2014, 01:23 AM
I think it s time for Lakers fans to move on and pick another player. Durant is done, George is done. Who is next for them? They are running out of players.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:24 AM
No way does Heat the Grizzlies get away with all the choking they have been doing. Their frontcourt would dominate but they wild
Never in a million years get away with Mike Conley smoking crack in the 4th quarters

Heavincent
04-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Very few the 2011 Finals is the the only one that comes to mind. Lebron has been spectacular most of his career in Playoffs.

07 Finals? 08 against Boston?

Mr. Jabbar
04-30-2014, 01:26 AM
No way does Heat the Grizzlies get away with all the choking they have been doing. Their frontcourt would dominate but they wild
Never in a million years get away with Mike Conley smoking crack in the 4th quarters

i guess we will never know, thats why we need 16 best teams playoffs urgently :applause: :applause:

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 01:27 AM
08 east semis and 11 finals were the bad series.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2014, 01:28 AM
i'll tell you this.... Last time the Heat played Grizz, LeBron dropped 37 and they had to take Allen off him since LeBron was scoring on him too easily. They had James Johnson cover him instead because of his size

FLDFSU
04-30-2014, 01:28 AM
I think it s time for Lakers fans to move on and pick another player. Durant is done, George is done. Who is next for them? They are running out of players.

Don't forget Rose and Melo...

tpols
04-30-2014, 01:32 AM

Are you really not going to account for Al Jefferson getting hurt and Marc being out for 23 games worth of that defensive rating data?

Memphis with Healthy Gasol = at least top 3 defense in the league and easily better than bobcats with their best frontcourt player hobbled.

LoneyROY7
04-30-2014, 01:32 AM
I'll admit it, I said it. :lol

Bran > Durclank.

KingBeasley08
04-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Miami has beaten the best of the West in the Finals twice now. Durant is having trouble beating one of the lower seeded West teams right now

No excuses

poido123
04-30-2014, 01:38 AM

#perspective
#respectthemvp

The supposed best perimeter defender in the game, so we should cut KD a little slack here.

Boston C's
04-30-2014, 01:43 AM
The playoffs have really shown how weak this era is. All the "stars" are either manufactured or choke****s when it counts. Being the best player in the NBA right now means as much as it did in the 60s. Empty stats look great and all but it won't win you a ring.

this x1000 where are all the big time games by the supposed superstars of the league

minus aldridge and that man isn't considered a superstar...not even sure he was a "star" before this season

ABfor3
04-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Miami has beaten the best of the West in the Finals twice now. Durant is having trouble beating one of the lower seeded West teams right now

No excuses
Well when you have such an easy path to the Finals, it's not necessarily tough to beat a worn out West team.. Every team in the West playoffs are capable of beating one another, the East, not so much

oarabbus
04-30-2014, 02:11 AM

No excuses

You can't be this stupid

VIntageNOvel
04-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Are you really not going to account for Al Jefferson getting hurt and Marc being out for 23 games worth of that defensive rating data?

Memphis with Healthy Gasol = at least top 3 defense in the league and easily better than bobcats with their best frontcourt player hobbled.

tpols dropping that knowledge :applause:

but but bobcats is top 5 defense :roll: :roll:

KingBeasley08
04-30-2014, 02:14 AM
Well when you have such an easy path to the Finals, it's not necessarily tough to beat a worn out West team.. Every team in the West playoffs are capable of beating one another, the East, not so much
Well this is the first round for Durant. They haven't had to hustle throughout the playoffs because it just started.

And either way, the Spurs raced through the West without even looking back. Swept a weak Lakers team, took down Warriors in 6 and swept the Grizzlies.

So Miami actually were more worn out than the Spurs were. Either way, Durant isn't worn out because this is the first round. All teams should be fresh right now

KingBeasley08
You can't be this stupid
Go for it :confusedshrug:

Real14
:lol

Lebron23
04-30-2014, 02:23 AM
Well this is the first round for Durant. They haven't had to hustle throughout the playoffs because it just started.

And either way, the Spurs raced through the West without even looking back. Swept a weak Lakers team, took down Warriors in 6 and swept the Grizzlies.

So Miami actually were more worn out than the Spurs were. Either way, Durant isn't worn out because this is the first round. All teams should be fresh right now

this

put lebron in the west and he dominates some of these weak sauce and less physical defensive team.

knicksman
04-30-2014, 03:45 AM
nah more like unlucky to play w/ poor mans lebron. You know the type of player that they call cancer

Droid101
04-30-2014, 03:48 AM
He was the regular season MVP. Why is this difficult to understand?

BlackVVaves
04-30-2014, 03:53 AM
:facepalm @ posters insinuating that competing against superior teams en route to the Finals doesn't wear a player or team down physically and mentally.

Do Bron stans even believe the verbal vomit they spew?

NumberSix
04-30-2014, 03:58 AM
:facepalm @ posters insinuating that competing against superior teams en route to the Finals doesn't wear a player or team down physically and mentally.

Meh. Mediocre eastern teams like Chicago actually take more out of you with their grinding physical defense than most run-up-the-score western teams.

16X
04-30-2014, 05:36 AM
I'm proud to be one of the few who never jumped the gun and said KD has become the better player. During the season, I still referred to Bran as the best player in the world. It's ridiculous how quickly this forum jumps the gun and proclaims someone with no awards at all (MVP, FMVP) better than a 4 time MVP and back to back champion going for the 3 peat.

BlazerRed
04-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Memphis vs Charlotte

RR#9
04-30-2014, 07:04 AM

The last 2 years Miami came into the finals off a 7 game grindy ECF while OKC and San Antonio played 6 and 4 games in their WCFs. Also Miami took 18 games to get to the finals in 2012 and 16 in 2013 while OKC and SA took 15 and 14 respectively. It's not like the Eastern Conference playoffs doesn't take it's toll just like the Western Conference playoffs.

Bandito
04-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Meh. Mediocre eastern teams like Chicago actually take more out of you with their grinding physical defense than most run-up-the-score western teams.
:facepalm

One team/one round against four rounds of hard fought playoffs games in the west.

Adrenalynn
04-30-2014, 07:28 AM
For good basketball reasons, I was happy to see OKC beat DET in the last regular season game to secure the 2nd seed and face MEM than to purposely lose and tank like Brooklyn did. OKC now has a chance to avenge their lost to MEM in last year's playoff series but even with a healthy Westbrook, KD still hasn't raise his game yet and looks like he'll be home watching MIA take on the best team from the west. Besides Tony Allen's pesky D., I'm guessing KD's satisfy that he can call himself the MVP and the best player for this regular season. If OKC loses in the 1st round then obviously he's still 2nd to LBJ.

IMObjective
04-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Lebron took all the blame for not winning titles with Cleveland scrubs. KD on the other hand is probably gonna get another pass :oldlol:
I don't think so, not this time. I don't see okc fans defending him. And they shouldn't. Durant should not get a pass if he goes out in the first round. If I was an okc fan, I would be pissed and demand more from him.

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2014, 08:42 AM

So much cop out :roll:

---

DEAL WITH IT, LeBron will mark off another Season as NBA's Best Player :oldlol: :applause: :pimp:

livinglegend
04-30-2014, 08:50 AM

What a lame excuse!
What does fatigue have to do with Durant s huge choke? What does the road to the finals has to do with his choke in the first round of the playoffs?
We are in the first round of the playoffs and he is choking hard. DEAL WITH IT.
He choked last year and he is doing it again. 2nd straight time.

ForeverHeat
04-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Servantula will get 20+ ft attempts in Game 6, book it.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/awrPYLy_460sa.gif

livinglegend
04-30-2014, 08:53 AM
:facepalm

One team/one round against four rounds of hard fought playoffs games in the west.

What a loser!
We all saw how hard the Spurs fought last year to get to the finals! :oldlol: They went trough 3 tough 7 games series with each of the games going to the overtime. They were done by the time they got the finals. No more energy in them. :facepalm

livinglegend
04-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Servantula will get 20+ ft attempts in Game 6, book it.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/awrPYLy_460sa.gif

He is going to miss half of them. He s even choking at the ft line. Who would have thought? :oldlol:

alenleomessi
04-30-2014, 09:00 AM
miami would sweep the grizzlies too

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Loving the cop out answers in this thread. The people that picked KD look like morons. :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
04-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Durant gets more excuses than anyone I've ever seen on here. If Lebron, Melo, Kobe, Rose, Dirk, etc. were in the situation that Durant is in...they would be universally crucified. Instead Westbrook gets all the blame.

TheMan
04-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Yeah let's forget the fact that the lolcats play most of their games in the LEastern C.:rolleyes:

in no world is Charlotte as good as Memphis, da fuq outta here. :mad:

TheMan
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM

I used to think they were just trolling but I'm now convinced they do really believe that shit, they're both delusional and ignorant. Easily the dumbest fanbase here.

hahaitme
04-30-2014, 10:29 AM
"Miami are stacked, can't lose, collusion"

"Miami would lose to Memphis in the 1st round"

:biggums:

Even the diehard Bron stans admit he choked in 2011, but Durant is literally choking his way out of the first round, but it ain't his fault, it's Joey Crawfords.
:roll:

ATL_Bball_King
04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
OKC has no excuses...

They played in 4 overtimes...

So 4 consecutive games you only had 5 mins to win the game and be the better team...

Durant should of seized his opportunity and dominated in these overtimes...

He has no excuses this time :(

Ishokace Sports

IGOTGAME
04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Durant gets more excuses than anyone I've ever seen on here. If Lebron, Melo, Kobe, Rose, Dirk, etc. were in the situation that Durant is in...they would be universally crucified. Instead Westbrook gets all the blame.

thing is he lets them make excuses for him. guy plays like crap and runs into the corner when things dont go his way. plan 2 is running into allen and throwing his hands up.

chazzy
04-30-2014, 10:56 AM
He was the best player in the regular season, but there's no excuse for his play currently. So what if Memphis is better than their record and defensive ranking because of Gasol's absence - you're still expected to perform

Jailblazers7
04-30-2014, 10:58 AM
thing is he lets them make excuses for him. guy plays like crap and runs into the corner when things dont go his way. plan 2 is running into allen and throwing his hands up.

Yeah, he seems to lack a certain toughness. When that jumper isn't falling he becomes stagnant. It is kinda like how Barkley or Kenny said a while ago that he still doesn't really know how to play. His go-to is a step back jumper and beyond that he doesn't do a whole lot. I really think he needs to learn a couple post moves an play less with the ball in his hands on the perimeter.

People are bringing up that the West is better than the East but is it really all that hard to imagine a similar scenario happening again Chicago, Indiana, or Boston during the Heat's past two finals runs? I don't think so.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Yea, but this seems to be common thing with Durant. LeBron, Kobe, Shaq in the past, Jordan, etc would have been absolutely crucified by the media if they were on pace to lose in the first round after an MVP season. While Durant has nowhere near the amount of accolades and hardware as Duncan, it goes to show the perks of playing for small market. Win and you get all the credit. Lose? Who gives a shit, because no one cares about the Thunder.

Droid101
04-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Memphis would defeat the Heat in a 7 game series.

Jailblazers7
04-30-2014, 11:38 AM

I'm sure that's what Durant said to himself last night as he tried to fall asleep.

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Sad part you don't even believe that yourself.

TheMan
04-30-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm sure that's what Durant said to himself last night as he tried to fall asleep.
:oldlol:

I do think Memphis presents some serious matchup problems with their bigs and Tony Allen would shut down current old ass Wade but they still don't have enough perimeter scoring to beat them IMO. I could see them taking them to 6 or 7 tough games doe.

Kingwillball
04-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Memphis is like the bulls west not enough scoring and too much chocking to beat Miami in series. Not saying it would not be tough series close games but Miami would find ways to win and close out those games.

red1
04-30-2014, 12:04 PM
no they wouldnt

Bandito
04-30-2014, 12:16 PM
I laugh at op because he thinks it is ludicrous somebody could be better thanLebran.

Marlo_Stanfield
04-30-2014, 12:18 PM
I laugh at op because he thinks it is ludicrous somebody could be better thanLebran.
you are so mad the last few days...
what ahppened doe??:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
04-30-2014, 12:19 PM

I never said no one could be better than Bron. Just their isn't anyone currently in the league better. But good job to all the Bron haters that jumped back on the KD bandwagon :applause: Hopefully you all jumped off before you hit that brick wall :oldlol:

TheMan
04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Silkk is a huge Bran stan so obviously he's gonna stan hard but he does have a point. KD does deserve the MVP for the stats he put up in the RS but the playoffs are where you separate the men from the boys and KD is looking horrible out there. Yeah, Memphis is a tougher team than the Bobcats but KD is bricking even on open looks and has that shook look.

OKC is a Reggie Jackson GOAT mode away from being finished right now...not a good look at all.

Cold soul
04-30-2014, 12:47 PM
I said Durant was the best player in the league and I was wrong. But Durant was the best player in regular season that doesn't change the fact Lebron the superior player right now with Durant being no show against Memphis.

rhythmic
04-30-2014, 02:51 PM
1) LeBron had HORRIBLE series' in the last 3-4 years, more than ONCE.
2) Durant is being guarded by Tony Allen and one of the best defenses in the league
3) LeBron continously struggled against good defenses in the playoffs; see Chicago, San Antonio and even Dallas. An aging Marion and Diaw managed to get into his head, two players that are no where near as good defensively as Tony Allen.
4) LeBron fans are desperate and pathetic. They're celebrating a sweep over the ****ing Bobcats. :applause:
5) Durant has CLEARLY been better than LeBron this regular season. It's unfortunate that he has to play in the west where their 1st round opponent could quite easily make the finals if they played in the east. :rolleyes:

rhythmic
04-30-2014, 02:53 PM
I said Durant was the best player in the league and I was wrong. But Durant was the best player in regular season that doesn't change the fact Lebron the superior player right now with Durant being no show against Memphis.

Uhm Memphis arguably has the best interior defender in Gasol and the best perimeter defender in Allen; go look at LeBron's numbers against SA, Dallas, Chicago etc.

Guy's been playing garbage opponents en route to the finals the last 3 years. It's absolutely pathetic how easy the east has been. I mean Atlanta, Nets, Raptors and the collapsing Pacers are their biggest threats left. :facepalm

red1
04-30-2014, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

BlackVVaves
04-30-2014, 03:02 PM
What a lame excuse!
What does fatigue have to do with Durant s huge choke? What does the road to the finals has to do with his choke in the first round of the playoffs?
We are in the first round of the playoffs and he is choking hard. DEAL WITH IT.
He choked last year and he is doing it again. 2nd straight time.

Did I once mention KD in my post? :roll:

Try harder :oldlol:

Real14
04-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Sad part you don't even believe that yourself.
Sad part iz you don't even believe that you're a heat fan.

Real14
04-30-2014, 03:03 PM
:lol

Keno
04-30-2014, 03:04 PM
time for kobe stans to find a new bandwagon to jump on. the paul george ship has sailed away, the kevin durant ship is sailing away, i guess their next ship is wiggins or parker.

Cold soul
04-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Uhm Memphis arguably has the best interior defender in Gasol and the best perimeter defender in Allen; go look at LeBron's numbers against SA, Dallas, Chicago etc.

Guy's been playing garbage opponents en route to the finals the last 3 years. It's absolutely pathetic how easy the east has been. I mean Atlanta, Nets, Raptors and the collapsing Pacers are their biggest threats left. :facepalm

Yes, Memphis has great team defense but there's no excuse for Durant playing this bad not only on offense but defense too. At least when Lebron has bad shooting game he can impact the game in many other ways defense, rebounding, passing, excellent court vison, post game finally that runs Miami offense through him while Durant will sit in corner while Westbrook bricks. Seriously, Durant needs get into weight room during this off-season add some much neede muscle and some kind of post game that's non extent right now.

Trollsmasher
04-30-2014, 03:14 PM
time for kobe stans to find a new bandwagon to jump on. the paul george ship has sailed away, the kevin durant ship is sailing away, i guess their next ship is wiggins or parker.
Don't forget about AD

rhythmic
04-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Yes, Memphis has great team defense but there's no excuse for Durant playing this bad not only on offense but defense too. At least when Lebron has bad shooting game he can impact the game in many other ways defense, rebounding, passing, excellent court vison, post game finally that runs Miami offense through him while Durant will sit in corner while Westbrook bricks. Seriously, Durant needs get into weight room during this off-season add some much neede muscle and some kind of post game that's non extent right now.

Such BS. Durant is averaging nearly 10 rebounds a game. 4 assists, nearly 2 blocks and 1 steal a game. How exactly is he not impacting the game in other ways?

LeBron was absolutely pathetic against SA in 2007, Dallas in 2011, and Bulls in 2013. He's allowed to have poor games, just like Durant is. SA's defense in 07' was on par with Memphis defense this year, and LeBron average 6 turnovers a game, scored 22 points on 36%.

I just think LeBron stans are forgetting that their boy has struggled before, even worse than Durant has so far against Memphis.

rhythmic
04-30-2014, 03:16 PM
:facepalm is this really the route we are going to take

Says the guy that never makes a post longer than a sentence, and never actually contributes to the discussion at hand besides making sarcastic (trollish) remarks. :applause:

red1
04-30-2014, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

red1
04-30-2014, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Solefade
04-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Ok fair enough, I will share my viewpoint on this. Let's be honest for one moment, if lebron played the way durant has been playing this series we would all collectively shit on him. Meanwhile durant plays the worst series of his life, yes this series thus far is worse than last year because last year he legit had no help when westbrook went down and no one can win one on 5 not even prime MJ. Meanwhile you are calling lebron out for series that he played when he was 22 years old literally playing 1 on 5. You are singlehandedly proving that we don't hold both players to the same standard.

it's not that complicated

lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> durant in both bball and relevancy

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1342/91/1342913967758.gif

red1
04-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Dont let the stats deceive you. If kd was playing well no reasonable person would be on his case. But in this series he is letting opportunity after opportunity slip from his hands. If they get past the grizz they will most likely make the finals and who knows what happens from there. His teammates are giving him chance after chance but he cant capitalize at all. It is not all on him because his coaching staff isnt making it any easier for him even still he is the mvp, one of the best perimeter players ever but watching this series you wouldnt know that.

Trollsmasher
04-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Durant's stats are skewed by minutes

Per 36 - 21/7/3 with 3 TOs on 49% TS, PER of 18,4

Cold soul
04-30-2014, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
04-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Point is, LeBron wet the bed too on a few occasions. An ignorant person is someone who can't keep things in perspective. I'm simply reminding you guys that LeBron has had WORSE performances in his career. In 2012, most people considered LeBron the best even after choking against Dallas. Yet now people are trying to reverse the table and call James the best, because Durant is struggling right now against Memphis.

KD has clearly been the best player this season, he's struggling against a great defense team. Don't act like LeBron hasn't struggled against elite defenses in the past. Just enjoy your boys easy ass ride to the finals and shut your mouths.

rhythmic
04-30-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm not Lebron stan, I actually hate Lebron guts and his douche attitude. Tony Allen is atlest 6 inches shorter than Durant but he still can't take him off the dribble and get into the lane. If you believe Durant even been average this series I don't know what to tell you, I guess we watching a different game. I know Memphis is 7th seed who would be much higher if Gasol hadn't missed so many games this season. I expected much more from Durant these playoffs and he hasn't shown up yet, and it looks like he might be first MVP to lose in first round since Dirk 07.

I never once said Durant is playing well or average etc.
He has been pretty bad (scoring wise) and has been turnover prone, nothing I haven't seen from LeBron in the past on multiple occasions. Point blank.

red1
04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Byobob
04-30-2014, 03:42 PM

Bran is like the Floyd Mayweather Jr. of basketball. Just on the part that his haters keeps on cheering for the guy that MIGHT dethrone him. But the fact is, nobody could dethrone them on their respective sports. YET

Cold soul
04-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Point is, LeBron wet the bed too on a few occasions. An ignorant person is someone who can't keep things in perspective. I'm simply reminding you guys that LeBron has had WORSE performances in his career. In 2012, most people considered LeBron the best even after choking against Dallas. Yet now people are trying to reverse the table and call James the best, because Durant is struggling right now against Memphis.

KD has clearly been the best player this season, he's struggling against a great defense team. Don't act like LeBron hasn't struggled against elite defenses in the past. Just enjoy your boys easy ass ride to the finals and shut your mouths.

Don't get wrong Lebron has had his fair share of lackluster performances come postseason time on top of choke job in 2011 Finals. I think many are making big deal out of this due to happening two years in row against same team even though Westbrook was injured last postseason so that's enough of excuse for Durant losing 4-0 sweep. It's one thing to get bailed out by play here and there but it's entirely different if you're the franchise player getting carried by teammates for a big chuck of the game Reggie Jackson for example without him this series would already be over with.

Solefade
04-30-2014, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

sportjames23
04-30-2014, 04:12 PM

:oldlol:

yeaaaman
04-30-2014, 04:25 PM

I've barely read the discussion but yes Durant is having a bad series against an elite defensive team.. He's not playing the Charlotte Bobcats and yes, Lebron has had bad series too. Lebron has actually had the worst finals performance by any star that I can remember. Ever. And he's apparently on pace to be GOAT.

yeaaaman
04-30-2014, 04:27 PM
choking in the first round and choking in the finals is kinda different. especially when you choke before you give your MVP speech :oldlol: at least Lebron in 2011 was the best player on the heat before the finals

Is it? It just shows that at the biggest stage, you can't get it done. The first round against a projected 55-60 win team isn't that horrible.

Great players are going to play bad sometimes. It happens

Solefade
04-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Is it? It just shows that at the biggest stage, you can't get it done. The first round against a projected 55-60 win team isn't that horrible.

Great players are going to play bad sometimes. It happens

there's really no excuse to get eliminated in the first round when you're the MVP

Kingwillball
04-30-2014, 05:42 PM
I've barely read the discussion but yes Durant is having a bad series against an elite defensive team.. He's not playing the Charlotte Bobcats and yes, Lebron has had bad series too. Lebron has actually had the worst finals performance by any star that I can remember. Ever. And he's apparently on pace to be GOAT.

Even playing horribly for him averaged 18,7,7 which for most guys would be a great series.. That is how good Lebron is and perceived.

GODbe
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmcX49wIgAAEJ6r.jpg:large

Duggrr
04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Why do grown men (assuming) obsess so much over basketball players and are willing to argue for hours over "who the best player is?"

HurricaneKid
04-30-2014, 07:16 PM

The Bobcats are a better defensive team than Memphis. By a full point per game. Stop pretending Memphis is a juggernaut or that Charlotte is a defensive slouch. Charlotte's troubles are all offensive.

LeBron was 18/7/7 on .541 TS% in the Finals in 10-11.

Durant's raw totals are skewed due to the extra 4 periods but he is shooting .492 TS%. The difference between .541 and .492 over the course of an avg game is ~8.8 points/gm

LeBron deferred to DWade who was outstanding in the Finals and clearly had better matchups. Durant is just a mess.

Mr. Jabbar
05-01-2014, 10:26 PM
http://boozinfoodie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/bump-300x225.jpg

knicksman
05-02-2014, 12:37 AM
its not excuses when OKC was playing bad ever since westbrook came back. Plus the evidence of the marburys, iverson, robertson being cancers.